Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Which shows/anchors?

I just have some personal preferences…would not want to “get anything started”….😏 I find I tune in to CNN more than I used to - just for some different analysts. And a break from political news. I know that MSNBC tops CNN most of the time in overall viewership; just not in the demos. I think that is where a lot of the advertising dollars are spent.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, Prairie Rose said:
On 9/19/2022 at 8:22 PM, Prairie Rose said:

On a happier note...is it just me, or do MSNBC legal analysts Barbara McQuade and Joyce Vance have the prettiest smiles on all TV? 😁💖

IMG_20220927_132519.jpg

Anyone else thinking of the movie Elf? “Your smile is so pretty it should be on a Christmas card!”  Just me?  I’ll see myself out……

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2022 at 8:15 PM, possibilities said:

I don't like Joy Reid's new stylist. I used to always think she looked great, and sometimes fantastic. But lately she's been wearing some stuff I really dislike. The shirt she had on tonight was extremely not to my taste.

The last few times I saw her, she looked ok. Must've missed the shows you're referring to.  The female anchors on these shows are really changing their looks.

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Mind Blown 1

I missed that, but on the other side of the clothing spectrum, Joy once wore a "Jeffersons Cleaners" T-shirt on the air. It was a pop culture casual shirt, based on the Jeffersons TV show. Still, I found it a very unprofessional thing to wear on a TV news program. That was about a year and a half ago. Does anyone else remember that?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I definitely think that’s way to casual for reporting the news. I’m old and I still like to see the anchors dressed professionally.  I’ve noticed some of the female anchors like to wear a t-shirt under a blazer. I wouldn’t mind that so much of it was plain but it’s usually a t-shirt with wording on it so then I spend half the newscast wondering what the rest of the shirt says. Hallie Jackson and Savannah on Today have both done this. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

I would rather see Joy wear a graphic T every day then hear Nicolle tell every guest that she's grateful they spent some time with her

Hah! I thought you were going to say NW tells every guest she worked at the White House 😄.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I have a girl crush on Barb McQuade.  My PT job takes me to Ann Arbor near the law school sometimes,  and I think I'd stop the car in the middle of the street if I ever saw her walking around!

Another message board poster said that if Peppermint Patty was a human, she'd look just like Barb McQuade. The person meant it as a compliment! 😁

Let us know if you ever see her on your rounds. As a Buckeye, I can overlook her being a Wolverine. 😉😁😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 9/19/2022 at 9:22 PM, Prairie Rose said:

On a happier note...is it just me, or do MSNBC legal analysts Barbara McQuade and Joyce Vance have the prettiest smiles on all TV? 😁💖

My husband knows Joyce Vance. Has nothing but good things to say about her.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Who else thoroughly enjoys another regular MSNBC panelist, Elie Mystal? He is always entertaining. Thanks to his conversation with Chris Hayes the other night, I learned the meaning of "blockchain". 😂 He always adds some spice to the proceedings. Most of the other regular panelists, who I love, are very outwardly calm. Elie is one of the few who raises his voice and gets a bit animated. The only other MSNBC regular who has a similar onscreen persona that comes to mind right now is Fernand Amandi (who I share a birthday with, thank you Joy Reid for divulging that).

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm a huge Elie Mystal fan. His book and his twitter are both fantastic. MSNBC gets me to watch more shows than I otherwise would, by saying Mystal is scheduled as a guest. And if you like his manner of speaking, get the audiobook from Audible, because he reads it himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I'm a huge Elie Mystal fan. His book and his twitter are both fantastic. MSNBC gets me to watch more shows than I otherwise would, by saying Mystal is scheduled as a guest. And if you like his manner of speaking, get the audiobook from Audible, because he reads it himself.

Cool, thanks!!

I never noticed until a few days ago what some of you have been saying about Nicolle Wallace's incessant giggling. It's awful!! 😬 Also, she's gotten about as bad interrupting/talking over her guests as Stephanie Ruhle. Good grief. 😬

• Like 1
On 9/19/2022 at 6:22 PM, Prairie Rose said:

It’s not just you, I agree!   I’ve often giggled thinking “I bet Barb McQuade hated her freckles as a kid” but they are so freaking adorable. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
12 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I never noticed until a few days ago what some of you have been saying about Nicolle Wallace's incessant giggling. It's awful!!

TV likes to put attractive people on the air, but it's always a plus when they have other qualifications. It would be nice if Nicolle had any.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

TV likes to put attractive people on the air, but it's always a plus when they have other qualifications. It would be nice if Nicolle had any.

But she does have good guests (which is why I still watch Deadline White House). I'm not a fan of former White House staffers getting jobs on these shows. Real journalists would not be chuckling while asking questions re: serious matters. 

• Love 2
On 10/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, Prairie Rose said:

I never noticed until a few days ago what some of you have been saying about Nicolle Wallace's incessant giggling. It's awful!! 😬 Also, she's gotten about as bad interrupting/talking over her guests as Stephanie Ruhle. Good grief. 😬

Sometimes she will get the giggles and she can’t stop. Ngl I’ve had moments of “I want whatever she’s having” 😂 .  We used to call her cackles but that was…cackling. More loud.

8 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Who else's teeth grind every time Stephanie Ruhle says, "let's get smarter"??? AAAUGH!!!!

My teeth grind whenever Nicolle does her "heh-heh-heh's" while asking her guest a serious question. Or, flips her hair out of her left eye. And, of course, whenever she mentions that she worked in the WH 😖. I wonder if Jen P will be referring to her time in the WH???

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

We got two for the price of one on Alicia Menendez's show tonight!! 😁

IMG_20221016_200345.jpg

It's just a measure of how MSNBC has devolved that I automatically started looking for double typos in the chyron, only to realize you were talking about having Joyce and Barb in the same shot!

• LOL 3
On 10/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, annzeepark914 said:

My teeth grind whenever Nicolle does her "heh-heh-heh's" while asking her guest a serious question. Or, flips her hair out of her left eye. And, of course, whenever she mentions that she worked in the WH 😖. I wonder if Jen P will be referring to her time in the WH???

Jen Psaki was a guest on the latest 1/6 "post game" (for lack of a better term) special. Of course, Nicolle had to mention that they both once worked in the White House. We may need to start a drinking game. 😂 Actually, I really like Nicolle when she's not incessantly giggling or reminiscing on her time in the White House. 

12 hours ago, meowmommy said:

It's just a measure of how MSNBC has devolved that I automatically started looking for double typos in the chyron, only to realize you were talking about having Joyce and Barb in the same shot!

If that had been the case, I would have used different emojis. 😂 Barb and Joyce are two of my all-time favorite MSNBC panelists, so it's always a treat whenever they are on together. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry to pile on with what drives us crazy about Nicolle but, Michael Schmidt, she's married to the guy. Is she ok with him wearing a 1/4 zip pullover for every MSNBC appearance for the last three years? Because I'm not.

Only Mr Rogers was allowed to wear his tried and true cardigan in every episode 

• LOL 8
On 10/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, Prairie Rose said:

Jen Psaki was a guest on the latest 1/6 "post game" (for lack of a better term) special. Of course, Nicolle had to mention that they both once worked in the White House. We may need to start a drinking game. 😂

Don't add Joe "When I was in Congress" Scarborough. Then you would really be in trouble.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
57 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Sorry to pile on with what drives us crazy about Nicolle but, Michael Schmidt, she's married to the guy. Is she ok with him wearing a 1/4 zip pullover for every MSNBC appearance for the last three years? Because I'm not.

Only Mr Rogers was allowed to wear his tried and true cardigan in every episode 

Which is a shining example of someone setting their standards low enough ... LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hey thats Michaels's thing.  Granted, I think the guy is great.  He also would do shots in front of an empty bookcase or a white concrete block wall. Putting on a show (or jacket and tie) isn' t his thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I've criticized Stephanie Ruhle in the past for interrupting her guests, but have a real appreciation for her sense of humor.  I started following her on Twitter awhile back and she's a class act with her critics.  Someone recently posted that she looked like she just rolled out of bed, smoked a pack of Marlboroughs and drank a pot of coffee before sitting in the anchor's chair, and her reply was, And?  I'm still chuckling.

• LOL 11

I love Stephanie Ruhl; I just wish she was back on during the day. Right now, with the stock market so volatile and the economy being a headline everyday, she is sorely missed. And yes, she has a great laugh.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, jacourt said:

Hey thats Michaels's thing.  Granted, I think the guy is great.  He also would do shots in front of an empty bookcase or a white concrete block wall. Putting on a show (or jacket and tie) isn' t his thing.  

I saw Michael only once wearing a suit. The suit looked awful on him. He looked like he was being tortured (weird description, but it was a weird sight!!)

• LOL 3
On 10/18/2022 at 5:04 PM, xaxat said:

Don't add Joe "When I was in Congress" Scarborough. Then you would really be in trouble.

Everyone would be passed out by the first commercial!! 😮😉😂

18 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I've criticized Stephanie Ruhle in the past for interrupting her guests, but have a real appreciation for her sense of humor.  I started following her on Twitter awhile back and she's a class act with her critics.  Someone recently posted that she looked like she just rolled out of bed, smoked a pack of Marlboroughs and drank a pot of coffee before sitting in the anchor's chair, and her reply was, And?  I'm still chuckling.

She does have a good sense of humor and her guests seem to love her, but giving her The 11th Hour was a mistake. I wish she and Chris Jansing could swap time slots!!!!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

And yet...once again, the English language doesn't always make sense. Hudes writes plays. She doesn't wright them. Maybe auto text has taken over at MSNBC. 

But AFAIK, there is no such word in the English language as playwrite.  So auto text or spell check would not have let this go through.  Someone did this on purpose.

I guess I found it wryly funny that they got the playwright's name, which is a bit unusual, correct and got her profession, which is a common word, wrong.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 10/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, annzeepark914 said:

But she does have good guests (which is why I still watch Deadline White House). I'm not a fan of former White House staffers getting jobs on these shows. Real journalists would not be chuckling while asking questions re: serious matters. 

Nicolle Wallace is actually a trained journalist, though!  I think she started working in politics pretty young, but that’s what her degree is in. Hmm I just looked it up and she has a BA in communications and an MA in journalism! LOL.  I don’t mind her giggling or her little tics. She did take a long time to grow on me and on 2009 I was so mad Rachel Maddow kept having her on her show, but I dunno. I feel I watched her grow up on TV, and I grew up too.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

There are not many real journalists hosting shows on the 24/7 networks. The majority of  guests seem to be pundits and lawyers; with actual journalists sprinkled in. A “pundit” is something I aspire to be. 🤓

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

There are not many real journalists hosting shows on the 24/7 networks. The majority of  guests seem to be pundits and lawyers; with actual journalists sprinkled in. A “pundit” is something I aspire to be. 🤓

Actually, I believe all of us here are pundits 😁.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

That’s too funny, I love it!

I get the feeling Stephanie Ruhle was the youngest child in the family and a VERY fast runner. 🤣. I think she is hilarious and has a heart of gold, though.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, possibilities said:

Neal Katyal is often on the show with his shirt button undone and his ample chest hair showing. He's not an anchor, but I find it unappealing.

Oh my goodness, I have to admit I find like…everything about Neal Katyal appealing 😍

Nicolle and Neal are quite the pair, usually sporting matching smirks  and it makes me laugh.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, jenkait said:

Oh my goodness, I have to admit I find like…everything about Neal Katyal appealing 😍

Nicolle and Neal are quite the pair, usually sporting matching smirks  and it makes me laugh.

GHScorpiosRule is going to "go after ya" if you keep on talking about her man ... LOL.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, jenkait said:

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

GHScorpiosRule is going to "go after ya" if you keep on talking about her man ... LOL.

Did someone call my name? 

@jenkait,

image.gif.deb1280df967dc3903ceaeb1d09144c1.gif

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 3