Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't mind the Queen Elizabeth coverage.  I know it'll be constant for the next 9 or 10 days, but I'll just change the channel at times when I've seen enough.

Same here. The monarchy has given a nice reprieve of sorts from the constant coverage of our own problems, as it were.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I'm sick of the coverage already. I watch Deadline White House weekdays but switch over to CNN when I don't care for the topic being discussed. Guess I'll be doing a lot of switching just to avoid the latest London stuff.

You’ll probably just need to shut the tv off because I’m pretty sure that’s all the they’ll be talking about on all networks. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Enough with The Zoom Call Network. David Sarnoff would be rolling in his grave if he knew that these most sophisticated high-quality broadcast facilities were being used to relay the video equivalent of a ham-radio call.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, SG429 said:

Enough with The Zoom Call Network. David Sarnoff would be rolling in his grave if he knew that these most sophisticated high-quality broadcast facilities were being used to relay the video equivalent of a ham-radio call.

Send this comment to the president of NBC with a copy to Rashida at MSNBC. Today, she (Nicholle) was interviewing someone in Ukraine and the crackling was so distracting. 

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Love 2

Count me in as someone sick and tired of the Queen Elizabeth coverage. Yes, they have to cover it as it is news, but they've gone overboard, IMO. Is Katy Tur still over in London? Why??? She's just a fangirl who got a paid vacation to the UK. There is NO REASON she needed to be there when there are already multiple reporters there, including several who cover British and European stories regularly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I know we have been over this before, but....please, please, please quit with the "Breaking News" caption when there actually is not any.  At least not when it comes to what the January 6 committee "might" do; how Trump "continues to incite", etc.  Those were the breaking news stories at the beginning of the 4:00 hour. It makes sense that they are losing the younger demographic to CNN in some timeslots. (I am an oldster but hip to actual news 😎) CNN was covering the possible rail strike - what services that might impact.  You know, actual news.  At the beginning of the hour.  They did dissolve into Trump news after about 10-15 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Wasn't MSNBC, an offshoot of NBC, supposed to be more politics-oriented? For some reason, I've never expected round the clock news of the world from MSNBC, like it used to be at CNN. 

The MS stood for Microsoft, they and NBC shared the middle N (MSN, Microsoft News), and NBC had the BC all to itself. :) So I kind of remember they weren't exclusively left-leaning at the beginning, and weren't only about politics. But it became that way, and then Microsoft got out of the partnership, leaving a vestigial MS behind.

At least, that's what I remember!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

That is how I remember it, too.  I cannot remember when it turned into almost 24/7 political news. I think MSNBC saw an opening for a left-leaning channel.  I didn't watch much until Keith Olbermann came onboard.  And we all know how that turned out.  But he was partly responsible for helping bring on Rachel M and Chris Hayes.  I think; my memory could be hazy on that.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Straight news can be found on NBC Now streaming.

I am really liking the lineup on NBC News Now. I find myself tuning into the morning show when the Today Show just gets too vapid. Morgan Radford and Vicky Nguyen also have a show that’s excellent. 

• Like 2

I was able to tune in as the procession was leaving Westminster Abbey. I had to switch to CNN. The Morning Joe crew simply had to loudly yammer over the bells and dirge music. And while this was going on, they brought on a reporter who was pictured in one of those Brady Bunch insets. I switched to CNN. Yes, they had their commentators on but they did seem to have more of a “presence in the moment” than the MJ regulars. And Christine Amnapour. It is times like this when I wish Brian Williams was around. Joe Scarborough?

• Love 2

Alex Wagner spent the last five minutes of her show tonight congratulating a staffer on her new baby, with a picture of mom and child on the screen.

She said something like, "This puts all the news in perspective, because this is really the only thing that matters."

Excuse me, but no. To the new parents, yes. To their friends, yes. Not to the home audience.

Wagner's was possibly the least professional assertion I've ever seen from a television news journalist. And that's saying something.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Yesterday - Katy Tur, Chris Jansing and Andrea Mitchell broadcasting together. I enjoyed Katy and Chris; Andrea stumbled and mumbled noticeably. At least it seemed to me. I am not saying Andrea has not earned her place at the table.  I just don’t think a live event is probably in her wheelhouse anymore. I say this as someone older than she is.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SG429 said:

It's not like they haven't had some time to prepare and review graphics before punching the AIR button.

cc2.jpg

Besides unofficial being spelled wrong, what does 931.6 MB, lowest on record mean? Is some part of that phrase supposed to be something else that would make more sense?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

what does 931.6 MB, lowest on record mean? Is some part of that phrase supposed to be something else that would make more sense?

When the storm made landfall, the barometric pressure in it was 931.6MB, the lowest reading ever recorded in Canada.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I like these two attorneys. Actually, I like Harry, Neal & Andrew as well (I've seen these folks so often that I'm now on a first name basis with 'em 😁).

I love all those guys as well, along with other legal analysts Jill Wine-Banks and Melissa Murray. They just come across as so down to earth - folks you could have a drink with. 😁

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I like these two attorneys. Actually, I like Harry, Neal & Andrew as well (I've seen these folks so often that I'm now on a first name basis with 'em 😁).

I have a not so small crush on Neal, I have to admit.

• Hugs 1
  • Wink 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So, can I scoop Brad Pitt up out of the dust?

I know this thread is supposed to be about the Business of the network. But please...just for a minute...I have cookie sheets almost as old as Brad Pitt (thank you Erma Bombeck for that reference). He is aging like fine wine.  Now I promise back to the Business.  Which is getting beaten by CNN in the demos right now.  Maybe it is time that you updated some of your shows/anchors.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2