Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Memphis

• Start Topic

All I really want to know is will there be any consequences to Kevin's actions.  With all that talk about suing and everything, he seemed to walk away from his Manny tantrum completely unscathed. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

All I really want to know is will there be any consequences to Kevin's actions.  With all that talk about suing and everything, he seemed to walk away from his Manny tantrum completely unscathed. 

Yeah, Brad Garrett had that intense scene as the head of the network, and then they never followed up on that.  This show does seem to drop an awful lot of threads.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I thought the implication was that he's now unhire-able in Hollywood, so this NY stage thing has to restore his rep or else he's out of a career.  

Maybe.  But, he got the first part he auditioned for. So, there was still no real fallout. 

I think this episode will be monumental concerning William :(

There may have been fallout over Kevin walking away from The Manny - we just weren't shown.  I think a lot happens off screen that we may or may not get some explanation for at some point..  I don't think Kevin sunk his career by doing that or by running to Randall.  A popular actor with Kevin's looks and talent would not be out of work for long, imo.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Maybe.  But, he got the first part he auditioned for. So, there was still no real fallout. 

True, but I also wonder if casting Kevin could mean audiences would see him just to SEE if he'll have a meltdown on stage.

So tonight I figure at 925 "this isn't going anywhere quickly, I'll put on the Rangers/Habs game."  Habs win (woot!) I tune back in right when the doctor is saying "Your father is not leaving the hospital."

Thank Jeebus for DVRs because 15 years ago I'd be PISSED at myself.  At least they got the sentimental road trip in. 

Somewhat weird that it was simply focused on Randall and William, but GOD DAMMIT SHOW!  NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT TWO WEEKS!  Except now I'm fearing which death is going to be more potent: William or Randall. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, J0nas3 said:

Okay it got me. Took 16 episodes, but they got me. I actually hadn't cried until tonight, which is weird when you consider I cried the first time I heard Hamilton all the way through.

Are you my long lost sibling? 

This is me to a t. 

I'm still over here wiping away tears. (And no, I can not listen to Eliza's verse in The World Was Wide Enough without losing it.) 

• Love 12

Oh man, ugly crying.  The breathing technique, meeting his mother at the end...uh oh, here I go again.

One question:  where was the tree with Jack's ashes?  They'd already passed a billboard for the Peabody in Memphis, so they took him down south?

• Love 14

What just happened? I’m not crying, you’re crying.

I should have known he wouldn’t make it through the episode. Damn it. I said out loud when it started that I’m not going to cry, which made my BF say, Yes. Yes, you will. 

I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath when Randall walked into the room, I thought William died in his sleep and that we saw a vision he had of himself as a baby with his mother. Like they were reunited. Then at the end when they were….I was done. 

EVERYBODY GETS A COUSIN! Randall meeting the other side of his family was lovely and I loved the music.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Are you my long lost sibling? 

This is me to a t. 

I'm still over here wiping away tears. (And no, I can not listen to Eliza's verse in The World Was Wide Enough without losing it.) 

It's Quiet Uptown is my Kryptonite. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

We done run out of Kleenex over here after this episode and had to dip into the generic 'facial tissue'.

I am clutching a roll of toilet paper.  Haven't sobbed like that in a really long time.  Outstanding performances from everyone.

• Love 19

I knew from the promos I'd bawl during this episode and yup when Randall was saying goodbye at the hospital and then the montage. Damn, so well done and perfect way to send William off.

Randall meeting his cousins and the excitement brought some light comedy to the episode, loved that.

Also loved William wanting to go see Jack. He knew he had to do it then.

• Love 16

I was annoyed much of the episode by the saintification of William, but man- I still felt that ending. Randall using Jack's strategy just did it.

I do prefer the ensemble shows but occasionally just featuring one works.