Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Judging Whitney

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I am totally going to hell because my first thought was "IS that facial hair fake?" We all remember the season 1 moments where Whit kept having to shave and tweeze everything.

You and me both, sister!  :)

11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm questioning too why Glenn & Babs were at the party.  It seems they've been showing up at any gathering including the bowling birthday party last week and to an extent, Babs going to the Gay pride Festival.  I'm sure it has to be producer driven for the show but it drives me nuts. Don't they have friends of their own to hang around with?

I know - and at the folk festival too.  It's another example of Whitney's stunted maturity - they are at everything she does, as if she's a 1st grader with a t-ball game or something.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 17

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Whitney has taken to overacting on her show in certain instances, like at her party. The whole vibe seemed weird , as if it were rehearsed or something like that.

Buddy doesn't look well. He's either sick, drunk or high in certain scenes. If he's also acting, he's not doing a very good job of it.

I really think the whole Roy having a crush on Whitney was just contrived for the show. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I have posted several times about how I think there is deep dysfunction in the Thore family.   Babs whole being rests on her extremely limited modeling career which probably is one or two photos in some local paper.  The father is weak and stood by silently instead of reeling Babs in.   

It is evident to me in almost every episode.

I agree Cheerio. 

I remember one of my first, if not the first post was about how I did not like Babs all that much.  That was during a time when everyone was in "BabsWorship" and loved her fish purse and all that rot.  I never took to her because she seemed like the Nora Desmond of TLC.  And you're so right about her modeling career - probably two photos in some local paper and maybe Macy's had her walking around the store in some Alfred Dunner ensemble.

Maybe it's my job but I've sharpened my honing skills when it comes to sizing up people.

I did not miss with Babs. 

Twit, when the 24 year old you're interested in keeps looking at you like you're older (not the fun kind of older woman, but just older), then maybe you need to take a hint.   The party?  That was just SAD.  She was dressed up to look like a scroungy, sweaty, king of the trailer park guy.  She was hoping Roy was going to show up.  That's how you think you're going to get someone's attention?  I'm baffled.  I'm starting to think she's completely willing to let TLC portray her however they want.  The old adage, there is no bad press, comes to mind.

• Love 10

Radar on Line has a story about Lenny..he had a DUI years ago, but apparently he also has trouble controlling himself and has warrants out standing for that today maybe? Anyway, the mug shots of him from 9 years ago, with hair, he wasn't bad looking at all.

• Love 4

You know how I know this show is fake?  Whitney ordered fruit at the restaurant with Roy and they had vegetables at that party. 

But seriously, this has become an absolute train wreck.  Why is she all pissed about Lenny bringing a date when she's been the one pining over Roy since before she and Lenny were even broken up? Also, what happened to her theory that she and Roy wouldn't work because of the logistics of their bodies? Her fishing for compliments from Buddy was pathetic.  If you need a man to tell you why you're a good catch, then you're not ready to be caught by anyone. 

Edited by saratothej
typo
  • Love 16

I agree with @Brooklynista that the lunch scene with Roy just screamed of Roy demanding a scene to "make clear I'm not into this bunny-boiler".

Best line of the night, and there were many, goes to Whitney's friend for pointing out that a "housewarming" party for a house you've lived in for a couple of years is ass.

Someone upthread mentioned Jiya being a plant (obvs) by TLC to create sympathy for Whitney.  I'm not so sure she isn't a plant to embarrass her because the producers are sick of her entitled shit too.  They made a point of continually cutting to the TH of Whitney's friend saying he "shouldn't" like Jiya, but kind of loves her.

And, coda to the fake pregnancy storyline, Whitney actually said "now that I no longer have a baby in my belly", the corrected herself "I mean never had one".  So I think they've shut the door on selling a miscarriage storyline.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I am totally going to hell because my first thought was "IS that facial hair fake?" We all remember the season 1 moments where Whit kept having to shave and tweeze everything.

I also noticed Whitney fat-shaming herself. She is clearly MISERABLE being so big. She ain't fooling anyone, including herself, that she is happy at nearly 400 lb. You guys, she has *never tied anything around her waist because she is so huge no sleeves are long enough.* That is blowing my mind.

I'm thinking that that wee bit of fat shaming herself was her way (the producers way, whoever) of dipping the proverbial toe in the water to test it....as in, "Would they watch if we did a Dr. Now crossover show?"  I mean, clearly, now she's admitted her weight might be impeding her. Kind of like the whole "frog in boiling water" allegory thing there......

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

When Buddy said Whitney has a great smile, I was like "yeah, when she isn't grinning like the GODDAMN JOKER" (insert horrifying picture here)

You cracked me up! lol  I do get that joker thing, but, I think it's kinda cute.  I mean, it really does remind you, ya know.  I think she does it on purpose. 

I do like watching her describe things.  I think she has a unique way of looking at things.  Plus, I think it takes a lot of courage to admit a lot of things about being so obese.  Such as making the furniture shake or being alone.   Plus, I think that someone that obese must put up a certain amount of fake laughter, because you don't want others to see your pain.  Then, she'll put the tears out when someone calls her on something.  But, I think she pours those out on purpose, but, the real ones are not shed on camera. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10

That clip from the M/R/L show isn't very revealing. To his credit, Roy doesn't say much (positive or negative) about the whole Whitney thing. I'm sure he's under contract not to elaborate on the radio show.  This is mostly just clips from MBFFL, where Roy tries, as always, to be kind while brushing her off like an annoying mosquito.

The radar online story about Lennie is equally bland, although this was eye-rolly:

"In a sad twist on last week’s episode, Thore learned she did not have a viable pregnancy despite three prior positive pregnancy tests." The article goes on to mention her devastating loss (please).  As for Lennie, I don't think a DUI (while stupid and dangerous) and threatening to "kick someone's ass" constitute a "sordid past."  Sensationalism at its best.

I watched with annoyance as Whit and Mama Babs had a heart-to-heart in the busy antique shop about how men "tell me I'm pretty [nope], funny [nope], smart [nope]... so why can't I find a guy?"  She has a relationship with her parents that seems like it was stunted at the age of 11.  She wants their validation constantly. They clap and beam at her dance recitals.  They feed her pets. They chaperone her get-togethers.  My grown kids see us every week or so; but never in a million years would I go hang out with their friends or cosign their loans.  There's something to be said for healthy boundaries with your adult children.

• Love 13

Did I hear right ? the next episode is about Whit and someone discussing  doing majorette/ hip-hop dance moves ? The clip said something about getting low...was the scene taking about dancing or something else?

There is show, "Bring It", on Lifetime that has girls middle/high school age -  doing majorette hip-hop, which looks like (link - about 1 min in), a movement that encompasses low (bending of the knees) moves...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

As for Lennie, I don't think a DUI (while stupid and dangerous) and threatening to "kick someone's ass" constitute a "sordid past."  Sensationalism at its best.

I tend to agree, I know a few people with DUIs and frankly by the grace of god go I before I cleaned up my act (I won't drive if I have anything to drink now. I mean not even one beer. I won't even take a sample at a liquor store if I drove there.)

I mean it's not good, I'm sure he really regrets it but it's hardly the level of scandal. In fact my ex-boyfriend of over two years had a DUI before we met, it's not anything that I looked down on him for or made me question his judgement when we were dating.

• Love 6

Thank you all above for the incisive comments showing Twit's ridiculous, delusional behavior.  I would like to add:  

1) Twit likes to show her tIts, or decolletage ALOT!  Either that her sports bras are stretched out,  or both.  Pulleeze. 

2) Since when is folk dance like country western?  Cowboy hats and boots?  Moron couldn't even do some research.  

3) So Twit's class (haha) " danced"  with barely moving their legs?  So, I'm "dancing" on the couch while watching this shitshow, and then  turn over to nap, annnnddddd, that's my routine.

4) What's a party without your elderly  parents? ????? Ummm, fun?  (With all due respect, there are parent parties and there are friends of similar age parties, although the two can meet, they are different.) Too bad Twit doesn't have more friends. 

4) Twit had alot of sadness this episode to garner sympathy from her  Facebook fans (IMHO), plus  mucho sucking compliments out of Poo bear and Roy.  Good thing her mom was blunt, as was Tal abt Jiya.  

Twit is losing her mojo cuz her life is BORING. 

I've had more fun at  a book club potluck. 

Or more laughs on this site for sure!

Edited by Tosia
Editing is helpful.
  • Love 11

Whitney explained how it's not a compliment for a man to think that a woman doesn't know her beauty until a man tells her.

I'm sick of Whitney's indignation over anything that she deems a threat to her pseudo-feminism.  Someone should tell her that in order to be considered a "feminist," she should at least quit relying on men to pick her up off the snow,  help make her house payments or co-sign her mortgage.  

• Love 17
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, Brooklynista said:

If Whitney wants me to buy into BGDC being a real thing, the ladies need to have one solid go to routine. If they supposedly meet on the regular they shouldn't be learning a new dance every time they have a performance. 

I think it depends on the type of dance troop and the competition (event) at hand. Kinda like a sports team - gotta keep changing the plays a little to keep the other team at bay. And you need to have a lot of "plays" in your playbook. Doing the same ole "showcase"  will get old eventually for an audience, and for a promoter to book. We audiences want to be entertained.

Yes, dance teams like the Rockettes and DCC have a trademark dance-routine that everyone wants to see, but they do have other dances  in their arsenal to make the performance /show watchable.

If the BGDC is about "dance" ,the group should be enthusiastic and willing to improve and learn new skills, chorographychoreography, and routines. The question is - is the teacher willing?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I have posted several times about how I think there is deep dysfunction in the Thore family.   Babs whole being rests on her extremely limited modeling career which probably is one or two photos in some local paper.  The father is weak and stood by silently instead of reeling Babs in.   

It is evident to me in almost every episode.

Agree. I think that is reason her brother broke out of the Thore-Greensboro camp, is very seldom on or talked about the show and lives in NYC.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

Whitney seems like a fun person, but the reason why she has a hard time having a real relationship is because she keeps things on a superficial level. Her interactions with her friends are mostly performances. For example, fishing for compliments from Buddy by asking what makes her desirable from a man's perspective, then acting all scandalized when he said she was a freak in the sheets. Come on, Whitney. That's exactly what she was hoping to hear and that's tame compared to the things she would say about herself. Her fake shock at Buddy's willingness to "go there" is what makes Whitney hard to take in terms of trying to build a long-term, real relationship. Entertaining, but surface level interaction with her supposed best friend when she's having a supposed real conversation where she wants to understand how to change the pattern of her failed relationships. The only time Whitney seems real to me is when she's crying. Then her real thoughts come out.

I think she has a bad case of double-think. She resents that most people assume that obese women are depressed, lonely, and insecure, so she wants to present an image that's the opposite of that, but at the same time, that's exactly what she is. On facebook a while back, I saw that she was going back and forth with one of her fans who called her out for being unkind to a man who left the comment "I wish you could see yourself the way I see you, then you would know how beautiful you really are" (paraphrased). The fan didn't like that Whitney responded angrily to something that was a compliment, and Whitney explained how it's not a compliment for a man to think that a woman doesn't know her beauty until a man tells her. I understand her sentiment, and most young feminists would be patting her on the back for saying that, but in reality, Whitney DOES want reassurance from men that she's beautiful. That's why she asked Buddy to list the ways that men like her. She just also wants to be seen as a strong, confident fat woman, so she has to put on an act. Most people would like her a lot more if she were just genuine.

But that's the trouble, if Whitney WERE genuine she'd have to own up to her deep-down self hatred and miserable life.  Instead she has to keep up the fake facade even to herself that she and her life are "fabulous" and drown out anything genuine and authentic from either herself or anyone else by being a rude, superficial and obnoxious attention whore so she doesn't have to face it.   I said it seasons ago that she digs her heels in when others challenge her and throws up a facade of "I'll show them it doesn't bother me so they don't win", but she'd do better to face how it hurts her and why.  She mistakenly thinks if she puts on a tough facade and avoids feeling her genuine feelings by keeping things superficial that she will show the world she is not going to be a victim and that she is really fine with herself, but it doesn't work that way.  She thinks that if she admits to not feeling fabulous the "haters" will have confirmed her worst fear, and she can't have that.  She also thinks that if she can believe that others find her "fabulous" she will believe it too.  Then she deludes herself into thinking everyone DOES find her fabulous to support that, but then when people like Roy come around and make her face that she is not so fabulous to everyone, she will have to find someone else (in this case, Buddy) to reassure her of it to yet again avoid facing that she's really not.  Her real feelings come out once in a while when she cries but then she goes right back into her delusion again, and I'm sure that eating figures into this as a further way to stuff her real feelings.  It's really very sad.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, sATL said:

Did I hear right ? the next episode is about Whit and someone discussing  doing majorette/ hip-hop dance moves ? The clip said something about getting low...was the scene taking about dancing or something else?

There is show, "Bring It", on Lifetime that has girls middle/high school age -  doing majorette hip-hop, which looks like (link - about 1 min in), a movement that encompasses low (bending of the knees) moves...

Now those people can dance, and they have amazing energy. The vibe from Whitney's group? Valium. Except for a couple people in her group, I just don't see energy, confidence or passion in their training or their "performances". 

I danced my way through college and people can tell when you're not feeling it or having an off day. No one wants to watch dancers who look like they aren't having fun. Watching Whitney's group is very awkward. It's like, "Here we are, watching you looking like you're not having fun but we're pretending to like it to make it less awkward."

Edited by Runnergirl
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, sATL said:

If the BGDC is about "dance" ,the group should be enthusiastic and willing to improve and learn new skills, chorography, and routines. The question is - is the teacher willing?

I see what you did there!  "Chorography".  Just like Whitney! LOL!

• Love 4

Did we speak on Whitney's dance team member saying she would "stomp a mudhole" in Jiya?  I was really bothered by that. I know she identifies as a woman, but she does still have the physicality of a male.  It just felt a bit to hotheaded towards someone who simply questioned their dance routine.

• Love 13

I think the production team has Babs and Glen show up to all these events (house warming party, bowling, ballroom dancing "competition") because they know that her parents are MUCH more sympathetic, fun and tv ready than Twit herself is.  They've got fans of their own, and TLC are doing any and everything they can to boost the audience numbers.  They also pad the "audience" at each of these events so that it looks as if Twit has more friends/fans than she really does. 

Can't wait for next week, even though I'm sure TLC has probably paid Jiya and her group to take a fall and make Twit look better than she is/redemption arc.

• Love 7

Twit is FULL of excuses for any expectations that her BGDC's "performance" at the, or before the, official Folk Festival.  Like, um, how long had this group been going on?  

Oh, wait,  some girls (and gay barnacles)  are new to the class.  That's why they sucked.  And they couldn't get the studio to practice in for the performance. And Todd couldn't make the 5 min. performance cuz he had something much more important to do. What?  More important that Twit?????  

Twit's got excuses for why guys aren't clamoring at her door for some of her sweet, sweaty lovin', also. And Roy finally finds his balls to tell Twit the truth, (for the 3rd or 4th time again, I know).  So she cries to Mom ( and her purse) for a $ consolation prize of a cheap ceramic cat. Aside from breaking a chair in the shop,  and not letting owner know, before waddling out the door. 

Love that Babs gave zero fucks abt Twit's hypothetical love life. 

Interesting that this ep was all about Twit, with nothing said ant Bab's recovery from the stroke--unless the ep was recorded before Babs has the stroke.  I would like an update.  Just because it would be a reprieve from Twit ALL the time.  Knowing that Twit wouldn't want anyone else to get the attention. 

TLC, I've got to hand it to you for editing to show Twit's true, distasteful, clueless personality, even though this could have been an inspiring, motivational show.  Maybe we'll get that show  in another lifetime.....get it? 

Edited by Tosia
Not caring anymore abt Twit.
  • Love 8

I couldn't believe how pathetic Whit looked with her fake relationship with Roy. I mean really that was just sad, text messages? I have a friend that I text with all the time, that doesn't mean anything romantic is going on.

• Love 9

I don't think that Whit broke that chair. It made a noise, but, it didn't seem to be broken.  Plus, if it was, I'm sure the store has given her a call after watching that episode.  She does need to be careful though.  If  at that size, I would not sit on other people's furniture, unless they had invited me over and then, I'd ask which chair I should use.  From what I have read online, breaking chairs is not uncommon for obese people.  

I now suspect that the reason Buddy may have bowed out of the Intervention/Funeral for Whitney was that he might have had an inkling that one day he might need one.  I wonder what Whit will do if the friends get together and give Buddy one.  Something is up with him.....I'm not sure what, but, even when Whit calls him on the phone, his words are slurred. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
On 2/14/2017 at 11:41 PM, LookABird said:

After viewing this episode, I am--almost--without words. Surely she can see that a few dollars and the focus of the public eye are not worth demeaning herself or allowing TLC to demean her?  It's mystifying to me. 

I do think she's a narcissist and thrives on any attention at all.  She's rather be slyly humiliated than ignored.  I'm so curious about where Whitney's narcissism comes from, but maybe you're right and it comes from Babs.  I've known other parents like Babs who raised normal kids, but maybe the extent of her enabling of Whitney is even greater than we see.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:02 AM, ClareWalks said:

Whitney, what the FUCK were you thinking dressing in drag for your party? Todd was 100% right, you needed to be trying to look good if your ex is showing up, and the guy you desperately want to bang *might* show up. Moron.

BTW, I didn't know Roy was only 24. Yikes. That is WAY too young. I know, some folks make it work, but Whitney needs someone older that will force her to grow the fuck up a bit. I guess it makes sense that Whit would be attracted to a guy who is barely out of college.

I didn't know Roy was so young!  Maybe being filmed with Whitney makes him seem older.  Good for him for being a radio personality so young.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:11 AM, ClareWalks said:

I also noticed Whitney fat-shaming herself. She is clearly MISERABLE being so big. She ain't fooling anyone, including herself, that she is happy at nearly 400 lb. You guys, she has *never tied anything around her waist because she is so huge no sleeves are long enough.* That is blowing my mind.

I was shocked that she mentioned that so casually.  Part of her body is twice as big as it should be.  How is that not a wakeup call?!

On 2/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, okerry said:

Oh, her personality doesn't help at all, but on 600-lb Life I don't think I've seen one husband/boyfriend who wasn't a fat fetishist. Whitney's said she doesn't want that. But she's not going to get a "normal" male who's attracted to "normal" females when she's 400 pounds, though of course being Whitney she thinks all the men should change what they like in order to accommodate her food addiction.

The only fat fetishist I remember is Zsallyn's husband from the first season.  Were there others?

• Love 5

I do find it incredibly sad that Whitney's interpretation of "loving herself as she is" is exposing parts of her body that no one- 400lbs or 140 lbs- shows in general social interaction; queefing/farting on someone and laughing (all on national TV); drawing attention to her belly slapping on the floor and the walls shaking; throwing herself at men in an embarrassingly shameless way; and disrespecting her parents.  She really has no clue.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think that Whit broke that chair. It made a noise, but, it didn't seem to be broken.

Whether or not it actually broke, the point was that Whitney thought she might of broken it. The honest and civilized thing to do would of been to alert the manager/owner of the store and tell them.    

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Something is up with him.....I'm not sure what,

Buddy is extremely obese, eats and drinks too much and already knows he has high blood pressure.  That I would think is the something that is up with him. There could be other things we don't see too, like smoking cigarets and partaking in other substances.    We know Whitney smokes but tried to keep it a secret.

• Love 5

So I watch it finally. My thoughts for what they are worth

- although I know it's fake, I felt bad for Whitney when Lenny came in with a date. Especially when he put his arm around her. if it was me I'd go to my room.

- I bet at some point she will lose some weight if she doesn't find a boyfriend.  

- I cringed when I saw the dance. Lame.  So much for her "dancing career"

- Babs telling Whitney about her success with men and some women get men and some don't. WTF. Way to make whitney feel more like shit.  

I hate to say it but I felt bad for her this episode. 

I know I know it's all fake my fellow snarkers. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Interesting that this ep was all about Twit, with nothing said ant Bab's recovery from the stroke--unless the ep was recorded before Babs has the stroke.  I would like an update.  Just because it would be a reprieve from Twit ALL the time.  Knowing that Twit wouldn't want anyone else to get the attention. 

Whitney announced on the TLC website that Babs had had a stroke a day or two before the 4th season premiere, complete with the sad little video of Babs in her hospital bed with Whitney beside her. But she never said exactly when Babs had had the stroke, and I don't believe anyone has pin-pointed the date.  Babs certainly seemed fine at the live broadcast party on the night of the 4th season premiere, only about 48 hours after Whitney's announcement, so I'm guessing she fell ill quite a bit earlier than Whitney went public with the information.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney announced on the TLC website that Babs had had a stroke a day or two before the 4th season premiere, complete with the sad little video of Babs in her hospital bed with Whitney beside her. But she never said exactly when Babs had had the stroke, and I don't believe anyone has pin-pointed the date.  Babs certainly seemed fine at the live broadcast party on the night of the 4th season premiere, only about 48 hours after Whitney's announcement, so I'm guessing she fell ill quite a bit earlier than Whitney went public with the information.

I'm guessing she had a transient ischemic attack. Which looks exactly like a stroke, it's basically a stroke, it is often referred to as a stroke or a "mini-stroke" but it resolves itself, often completely, within 24 hours in most cases without any short or long term deficits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack

It's not a good thing, there can be short and long term deficits associated with it and it likely means you are at much higher risk for a full stroke or another transient ischemic attack with long term deficits but it isn't what we would traditionally call a stroke.

I had an extended family member with one, for the first say 14 hours or so through the family grapevine it was referred to as a stroke and there was serious concern, he was fine the next day though.

• Love 3

Are you suggesting our Whitney might have exaggerated her mother's condition? *Ketzel drops her jaw, pops her eyes, clutches her pearls and does her best imitation of Whitney not BELIEVING what she is hearing* :-)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 14

Before we jump on Babs for raising this spoiled,  entitled narcissist, remember when Babs said that Twit's father hasn't said no to her since she was 3 years old. 

Maybe that's why Twit cannot understand why men aren't attracted to her.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

- although I know it's fake, I felt bad for Whitney when Lenny came in with a date. Especially when he put his arm around her. if it was me I'd go to my room.

I'm guessing if it was you (or me :) Lennie wouldn't have been invited in the first place!  :)

• Love 7
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think that Whit broke that chair. It made a noise, but, it didn't seem to be broken.  

It sounded like a piece of wood breaking. I'd bet good money that she broke it. Maybe not beyond repair, but she broke it. 

And Bab's comments on the ceramic cat "that came from hay-ull" ... Truth, Babs. Truth. 

• Love 4

Is it usual for the dance leader to be front and center?  I'd think that at least for rehearsals, being back where she could see what/how the others were doing, would be best.
I'm on team Jiya, by default.
Is she on Facebook, and has anyone invited her here yet?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, LocalGovt said:

I'm thinking that that wee bit of fat shaming herself was her way (the producers way, whoever) of dipping the proverbial toe in the water to test it....as in, "Would they watch if we did a Dr. Now crossover show?" 

Load 'er in the back of the van guys.  Houston, here we come.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I do find it incredibly sad that Whitney's interpretation of "loving herself as she is" is exposing parts of her body that no one- 400lbs or 140 lbs- shows in general social interaction; queefing/farting on someone and laughing (all on national TV); drawing attention to her belly slapping on the floor and the walls shaking; throwing herself at men in an embarrassingly shameless way; and disrespecting her parents.  She really has no clue.

Not to mention announcing that she hasn't showered. Hasn't she done that TWICE now at the radio station? I seem to remember it from last season too. 

• Love 4
On 2/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, Bubbles1967 said:
6 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm guessing if it was you (or me :) Lennie wouldn't have been invited in the first place!  :)

You are right. I wouldn't have. I never stayed friends with exes. They were usually assholes

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

And Bab's comments on the ceramic cat "that came from hay-ull" ... Truth, Babs. Truth. 

I recognized that cat!! Back in the 70's my mom went through a ceramic-painting phase and that cat was a popular "blank". She painted the hell out of that sucker and it sat on our hearth through most of my childhood. Creepy as hell but god I wish I had it now.

My aunt painted a lot of big-headed, big-eyed children ceramics dressed to play sports. It was a thing.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Not to mention announcing that she hasn't showered. Hasn't she done that TWICE now at the radio station? I seem to remember it from last season too. 

The others do tend to sit waaaaaay down on the other end, so, maybe they're already well aware.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Is it usual for the dance leader to be front and center?  I'd think that at least for rehearsals, being back where she could see what/how the others were doing, would be best.
I'm on team Jiya, by default.
Is she on Facebook, and has anyone invited her here yet?

Load 'er in the back of the van guys.  Houston, here we come.

I grew up taking dance and the only time I remember our teacher performing with us was when I was like 7-8... and even then she was off to the side so you could see the children. It has always bothered me that she always displays herself front and center. I know it's mostly because of the show, but still it's obnoxious.

• Love 6