Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Buddha Bentley Birthday

• Start Topic

Thank you Erika for teaching me how to pronounce Mochino, Marachino, Machismo? Anyway. That party was 2 diff dress codes one for the sterile house for drinks and one for da club out back. I think  her dress was fine. 

I like how Dorito pauses when she talks it takes her a long time to pick her pronunciation, to mix them all in a sentence like she does is work! She is a laugh. New money. 

Ok here comes the horse review. The horse is a good fit for her ability and age, he is clearly a very well trained obedient horse and that is good for a middle aged person. Backyard, ocassional riders need a veteran, and it's good she gave the Cavalia horse a good home. Yes that truly is the horse's name.  I wonder if they gelded him. Seems strange they would adopt out a stallion. The blue tack is RIDICULOUS. She is a good enough rider for what she is doing and she was dressed appropriately. I wouldn't ride with a scarf, good way to get strangled. I looked up board per month where she is and it's in the high 600's for basic care, I am sure she has a groom who cares for him, exercises him, trains him and gets him ready. I don't see her doing that .... Otherwise she would have never let him graze with the bit in his mouth.  

LVP is so mean. Vyle is a total starfucker she if LVP biggest fan no matter what she does. How the f*** does Kyle know about Boy George's ability as a makeup artist? I cannot STAND Kyle. And Mauricio looks heavy and bloated. 

I love Eileen and Rinna and how they tell it like they see it. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Another more serious example is when Kyle made a dig about Lisa's appearance on DWTS, and her 'faiiiiiinting' to the floor, so dramatic. LVP WAS PISSED. This led to all that did LVP pack the gossip mags on the trip or didn't she and LVP getting shirty and stomping off down the beach with tears in her eyes drama. More serious cos LVP needs Kyle by her side. And these were the Brandi years. LVP wasn't coming from the position of pretty much unassailable strength she comes from now. It's going to get really boring if it's all about playing 'hail to the chief' everytime LVP appears, and snideness and bitchery if it doesn't happen. They've given LVP another ally, Dorit, and it looks like LVP sics her new chesspiece (pawn status) on Erika pretty promptly. I want Erika for queen if we're going down this route, just because Bravo is too LVP heavy and that gets tired.

The scene when PJ takes every one into the Buddha Lounge:  Dorit barely has a chance to react to the extravagance when PJ turns to LVP and confirms with LVP that LVP likes it.  He says he knew she would.  Almost as if he'd given some thought, beforehand, if Pinkie would approve or not.  And then planned accordingly.

Seems to me like everyone is far too interested in gaining Lisa's approval.  Why is that?  Because money.  Follow the money.  All ways and in all ways.  Hail to the chief, for sure.

Do they think they can gain something from being her friend?  She might be generous monetarily but she just feels so emotionally unavailable.  Unless you're a horse or a dog.  Or her daughter.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, twilightzone said:

LVP knows she can't manipulate ED.  There's also jealousy.  LVP is a failed wannabe actress while ED has won an Emmy.  And there is NO contest between Vincent Van Patten and old geezer Ken Todd.

ED is only a year older, but LVP looks so much more haggard.

WHOA I would have said LVP is at least 5-10 years older than ED. Wow! 

17 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Lisa looked terrible. She had Charo's hair, and her bejeweled gloves hung off her arms like the skin on Oprah's upper arms. 

Charo! Yes!!! Lisa looks horrible. There was one scene of those cheap rhinestone gloves falling down like streetwalker pantyhose.  Bad look LVP

5 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Even driving her Maserati around town, Kyle's pimping out her husband's business--both she and Rinna were wearing Agency hats.   Does she have a box of them in the car or something? 

When I saw those Agency ball caps I rolled my eyes, that was all product placement for the Agency and whoever let them borrow that car for the season. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

The scene when PJ takes every one into the Buddha Lounge:  Dorit barely has a chance to react to the extravagance when PJ turns to LVP and confirms with LVP that LVP likes it.  He says he knew she would.  Almost as if he'd given some thought, beforehand, if Pinkie would approve or not.  And then planned accordingly.

Seems to me like everyone is far too interested in gaining Lisa's approval.  Why is that?  Because money.  Follow the money.  All ways and in all ways.  Hail to the chief, for sure.

Do they think they can gain something from being her friend?  She might be generous monetarily but she just feels so emotionally unavailable.  Unless you're a horse or a dog.  Or her daughter.

That's easy - because there is virtually no example of anyone who dares to cross or question LVP who doesn't end up being hated by a large portion of the fans. And in some cases we are talking about people who were not good people to begin with, but loved by the fans simply because they were friends with LVP. Brandi could do and say the most vile things, but as long as LVP loved her, all was good in the world with Brandi and literally anything that she did was justified.  Yo could be completely sanctimonious and judgmental, and it was fine because LVP was friends with her.  Once they crossed her, they were shit on the bottom of a shoe. And that has been the formula from the beginning. And people don't just dislike the folks LVP feuds with regarding their interactions with LVP - they will begin to question, mock, and criticize everything about them. They will suddenly go from being loved in all ways, to being hated for every single thing they do and say. They go from having endless redeeming qualities to having zero redeeming qualities. 

My guess is that if you are on a reality TV show you care what the audience thinks about you. That is what I think makes Eileen different. I don't really think that she cares that much. At least not enough to suck up to LVP like the rest of them will. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

That whole bite of zukepasta was at best 20-30 calories, including parm cheese/sauce, she only had 1 small bite.

The only one that could have said that to Eileen where she wouldn't get offended would be Erika because Eileen wants to be Erika! LOL

Alexia was bitten during by Kim's dog, Kingsley, when she was at Arizona and she had to withdraw because the bite required surgery which meant she lost too much class time to make up.

She could have stayed at Asu however she transferred to Boston.

Kyle said that she did not like the school.

I wonder if she ended up going  to BU or BC.

that is the one thing that i love about Kyle, she is making sure that her daughters have an Education.

it is so rare in their circles.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

that is the one thing that i love about Kyle, she is making sure that her daughters have an Education.

I love that about Kyle as well.

Just my opinion, but if I had the chance to go to school out East or in Arizona, I would go to Boston all day long. 

I actually wondered last year if Kyle was sorry that she had been so public about where she was going to college. Not that any harm would likely come to her, but there are a lot of strange people out there. Could be that her daughter wanted to be a bit more anonymous. 

• Love 5

I fell asleep as I watched last night so saw the entire episode just now.  Never a good sign to fall asleep during a show that starts at 7pm (MST)!  

Loved LVP's jump suit but nix on her hair and necklace.  Her hair should have been up and earrings only. 

I liked that Erika wore a t-shirt dress but her hair should have been slicked back in a pony tail.  Wasn't fond of the dress but I liked the idea. 

Eileen is a humorless bitch.  I have never liked her and I dislike her even more now. 

Rinna.  I think I may like her this season.  She has a healthy attitude about her relationship with LVP. 

I can see Erika being envious of Dorit because of her relationship with PK.  That party was a huge display of love and appreciation, something Tom doesn't give her.  I am not talking about the party itself, Tom is incapable, rather the statement and effort put forward.  Tom could do more than give his secretary photos of jewelry she likes, and she knows that.   I think her exposure to LVP and Ken is another illustration of what she is missing.  

I wonder if anyone mentioned to Erika about no food at her party.  The scene at the burger joint was funny.  

I hope we don't have to relive anymore of last season.  They are all seeing each other for the first time since then though.  sigh 

That's all I got.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I thinks she's at Emerson now.  It's got a performing arts/film making focus, and a strong reputation for its programs in both.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, princelina said:

But no scantily dressed people were hired to dance on pedestals!  Now that's the mark of a fun party :)

Wow - I don't know WTF LVP was thinking with that ensemble!  The hairdo! Those awful gloves!  And then her standing there doing that smoothing her long side hairs down with her hands in those gloves!  And the gloves!  LMAO at Kyle's "Look at you!" when they were all arriving and complimenting/commenting on outfits. That's all she could think of to say LOL. The sad thing is, I do think she's lost some weight and her outfit fit her very well and was probably one of the most flattering "dressy" outfits I've ever seen her in.  And if she had just worn that big old necklace (LVP needs a little tacky sparkle :) with maybe her hair up and tiny earrings, she could have looked quite stunning.  But that hair and those gloves - who is in her house telling her that looks nice?  Shame on them!  When I first saw her I wondered if she thought it was another costume party!

Agreed with the Rinna/LVP interaction - that is how bitches who have to hang socially should do it!  The loser will be the one who loses her cool first.  For the other one - IMO LVP was losing the round to Eileen - so obvious with her "I'm fine ~ happy" ~ cue tremulous voice ~ "surviving, in this cold old world". Eileen was supposed to act all sympathetic so LVP could deliver a dig, but didn't play.  Then LVP's "I'm sorry . . . . . . . about your mother" was also obvious, and Eileen should have left it with her "Thanks, I appreciate it."  Drop mike and feel the victory.  But she had to ruin it by bringing the Hamptons up AGAIN (I don't call her The Relentless for no reason!  :)

Was I the only one wondering what her "creative team" really thinks of their job?  I'm sure they're happy to be employed and make good money and all that, but do you think they make fun of her behind her back?  She's only 4 years younger than me, and the thought of dancing around doing splits in a bikini while giving the finger and carrying on about "giving fucks" and "being expensive" to an autotune soundtrack does nothing for me but bring a confused look to my face.  But I guess Eileen thinks it sounds awesome so maybe I'm the wacko :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  Yes!

You are not the only one that wonders, I think that evrry time they are shown. Surely they are there for the money.  

Erika just gets sadder with time.  

• Love 6

I figured out who Dorit reminds me a bit of: Brittany Murphy,  the actress who died too young.  

Me typing "a bit of" reminds me of Dorit's accent and the fact that I am married to a Brit and have often picked up British terms although I shudder a little when Americans say "cheers" (as a thank you) "my flat" and "spot on".   My husband and I often didn't understand one another when we were first together so I learned to say "TwenTy" instead of "Twenny" and he lost his accent to the point that his own countrymen cannot pinpoint his accent origin.  So I suppose I could be accused of "putting on airs".  Like many other commenters, I am a language chameleon and will pick up people's accents, especially when out drinking cocktails with them.  It is so comical when I do this that my friends think I'm "taking a piss out of them" when I just simply cannot help myself, I adore accents! With that said, "Cheers" (in the American sense)! ;-) 

murphy_2011_a_p.jpg

rhobh-the-wives-have-a-lot-of-opinions-about-dorit-kemsley.jpg

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I figured out who Dorit reminds me a bit of: Brittany Murphy,  the actress who died too young.  

Me typing "a bit of" reminds me of Dorit's accent and the fact that I am married to a Brit and have often picked up British terms although I shudder a little when Americans say "cheers" (as a thank you) "my flat" and "spot on".   My husband and I often didn't understand one another when we were first together so I learned to say "TwenTy" instead of "Twenny" and he lost his accent to the point that his own countrymen cannot pinpoint his accent origin.  So I suppose I could be accused of "putting on airs".  Like many other commenters, I am a language chameleon and will pick up people's accents, especially when out drinking cocktails with them.  It is so comical when I do this that my friends think I'm "taking a piss out of them" when I just simply cannot help myself, I adore accents! With that said, "Cheers" (in the American sense)! ;-) 

murphy_2011_a_p.jpg

Yes! Dorit does look like B. Murphy. (Since you have a skill for this, can you figure out who Juliet from Ladies of London looks like? It's driving me nuts!)

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I agree, Kyle does support her daughters in getting a college degree.

Yes, Kyle did say that Alexia did not like ASU but I am not sure she went back to school after the dog bite. Does anyone know if she did?

35 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I fell asleep as I watched last night so saw the entire episode just now.  Never a good sign to fall asleep during a show that starts at 7pm (MST)!  

Loved LVP's jump suit but nix on her hair and necklace.  Her hair should have been up and earrings only. 

I liked that Erika wore a t-shirt dress but her hair should have been slicked back in a pony tail.  Wasn't fond of the dress but I liked the idea. 

Eileen is a humorless bitch.  I have never liked her and I dislike her even more now. 

Rinna.  I think I may like her this season.  She has a healthy attitude about her relationship with LVP. 

I can see Erika being envious of Dorit because of her relationship with PK.  That party was a huge display of love and appreciation, something Tom doesn't give her.  I am not talking about the party itself, Tom is incapable, rather the statement and effort put forward.  Tom could do more than give his secretary photos of jewelry she likes, and she knows that.   I think her exposure to LVP and Ken is another illustration of what she is missing.  

I wonder if anyone mentioned to Erika about no food at her party.  The scene at the burger joint was funny.  

I hope we don't have to relive anymore of last season.  They are all seeing each other for the first time since then though.  sigh 

That's all I got.  

Rinna has a sense of humor to begin with, she can dish it and she can take it for the most part, Eileen doesn't have it at all! LOL

Maybe once upon a time, Tom was more personal/romantic with/towards Erika but, IMO, that ship sailed away without either of them onboard a long time ago. I thought Erika said that she gives photos of the jewelry she wants to his secretary and the secretary lets him know. Either way, sad, really sad.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

Yes! Dorit does look like B. Murphy. (Since you have a skill for this, can you figure out who Juliet from Ladies of London looks like? It's driving me nuts!)

It bothered me at first, too, Juliet was on a reality show called "Beg, Borrow or Steal" in 2002, I don't recall seeing it but felt like you that I had seen her or met her before.  Weird.   Her maiden name was Rogulewski 

Sorry for OT, mods. 

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

When I look at LVP I see Alexis Carrington from Dynasty, circa 1980, including the accent and attitude. 

I spent a lot of season 1 googling Lisa because I was convinced that she was Joan Collins' sister or cousin and was lying about her age.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm excitedly anticipating the day Dorit and her husband can name one huge celebrity they manage BESIDES Boy George. I didn't know Boy George was still a) producing music b) relevant to anybody c) still alive

Let me know if you find out. I did a tad bit of research and all I could find was that years ago he managed the soccer player Pele.  He seems to have made his original fortune as a Developer.  At one point he was worth about $180 million, but lost it all and filed for bankruptcy in 2012. Since coming out of bankruptcy all I can find is that he has managed Boy George. It is hard for me to believe that gig would afford him the ability to live in that house, throw that party, or buy that car. My guess is there really isn't much money and they are renting it all. I posted a story earlier that he and Dorit were supposed to have a reality TV show back in 2015 with Boy George. The concept was Boy George moving from London to BH and the change in his life. Bottom line, these people have been shopping the concept of reality TV for a while. 

• Love 9

Not the barrel of laughs from previous seasons:  https://www.trashtalktv.com/12/13/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-the-early-blooming-of-a-bitch-flower/403658/

After reading the unnecessarily long recap, something dawned on me-Eileen is in her third season and it is her third season of grieving.  First season it was her sister who died from breast cancer, and mention of a niece who died on Mothers Day and a sister who passed five years earlier of a heart attack.  Last year she was unavailable initially because of the loss of Dick Van Patten (RIP), this year her mother and a brother.  Eileen has had to deal with a lot of grief in her life.

39 minutes ago, PickleDeeDee said:

murphy_2011_a_p.jpg

rhobh-the-wives-have-a-lot-of-opinions-about-dorit-kemsley.jpg

Good catch.  Dorit does resemble Brittany Murphy.

There is a certain sense of irony on Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne taking issue with Dorit's adopting accents.  This would be a woman who has an alter ego and abuses Autotune on her recordings.

We needed another murky financial couple on the show.  We haven't had one since the likes of Taylor and Russell Armstrong. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That's easy - because there is virtually no example of anyone who dares to cross or question LVP who doesn't end up being hated by a large portion of the fans. And in some cases we are talking about people who were not good people to begin with, but loved by the fans simply because they were friends with LVP. Brandi could do and say the most vile things, but as long as LVP loved her, all was good in the world with Brandi and literally anything that she did was justified.  Yo could be completely sanctimonious and judgmental, and it was fine because LVP was friends with her.  Once they crossed her, they were shit on the bottom of a shoe. And that has been the formula from the beginning. And people don't just dislike the folks LVP feuds with regarding their interactions with LVP - they will begin to question, mock, and criticize everything about them. They will suddenly go from being loved in all ways, to being hated for every single thing they do and say. They go from having endless redeeming qualities to having zero redeeming qualities. 

My guess is that if you are on a reality TV show you care what the audience thinks about you. That is what I think makes Eileen different. I don't really think that she cares that much. At least not enough to suck up to LVP like the rest of them will. 

Narcissists tend to attract cult-like supporters, who become useful "flying monkeys" when necessary.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Narcissists tend to attract cult-like supporters, who become useful "flying monkeys" when necessary.

LVP is the L. Ron Hubbard of the Real Housewives Universe. Down to the fact that her followers scoff at the notion that LVP could have svengali-like manipulation skills -- just like Scientologists scoff at the notion that they're brainwashed -- (all the while not realizing they have fallen under the spell, too).

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

LVP is the L. Ron Hubbard of the Real Housewives Universe. Down to the fact that her followers scoff at the notion that LVP could have svengali-like manipulation skills -- just like Scientologists scoff at the notion that they're brainwashed -- (all the while not realizing they have fallen under the spell, too).

I love this post so much. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, Kyle does support her daughters in getting a college degree.

Yes, Kyle did say that Alexia did not like ASU but I am not sure she went back to school after the dog bite. Does anyone know if she did?

Rinna has a sense of humor to begin with, she can dish it and she can take it for the most part, Eileen doesn't have it at all! LOL

Maybe once upon a time, Tom was more personal/romantic with/towards Erika but, IMO, that ship sailed away without either of them onboard a long time ago. I thought Erika said that she gives photos of the jewelry she wants to his secretary and the secretary lets him know. Either way, sad, really sad.

I think E&Ts marriage  has always been the way it is now basically.  I can't see Tom as being very romantic outside of elaborate gifts. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

Right, Lisa has all of us hypnotized! She is really the master of manipulation, so much so that everyone, you as well, that watches this show absolutely loves/adores her if your assessment of her "Svengali" abilities are at the level you claim ! LOL

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Right, Lisa has all of us hypnotized! She is really the master of manipulation, so much so that everyone, you as well, that watches this show absolutely loves/adores her if your assessment of her "Svengali" abilities are at the level you claim ! LOL

LOL. It ain't that serious. But I do find it hysterical how LVP fans freak out if you mention LVP's obviously calculating asshole nature. And for the record, not everyone is "taken in" by con men and women (i.e., Svengalis)...just like everyone who takes a Scientology personality test doesn't get roped in to the cult.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lady Grump said:

LOL. It ain't that serious. But I do find it hysterical how LVP fans freak out if you mention LVP's obviously calculating asshole nature. And for the record, not everyone is "taken in" by con men and women (i.e., Svengalis)...just like everyone who takes a Scientology personality test doesn't get roped in to the cult.

I get that not everyone likes Lisa, she has her downside/bad points but this notion that she manipulates the other HWs (are they all that stupid/gullible?) into doing/saying things they would never say/do IRL and that she is also now able to do it to viewers as well is BSC IMO. LOL If you look closely at each and every HW, across the franchise, if they return for a second season you will see that they all play the HW game, including Lisa. I guess this is what ticks me off, it seems that only Lisa gets accused of doing it and that just isn't true. Last season, the biggest manipulator on the BH show was Eileen and she out maneuvered, out manipulated them all, including Lisa! So, IMO, Lisa isn't the worst of the bunch, that would be Eileen at this point. Hell, even Brandi out maneuvered Lisa her last season, as did Yolanda. In fact, I have yet to see/hear or be given an example of Lisa talking any HW into doing something against their will, something they did not suggest doing/saying first. LOL Lisa's big bad ability is to let each HW hang themselves with their own ideas/words. LOL

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I get that not everyone likes Lisa, she has her downside/bad points but this notion that she manipulates the other HWs (are they all that stupid/gullible?) into doing/saying things they would never say/do IRL and that she is also now able to do it to viewers as well is BSC IMO. LOL If you look closely at each and every HW, across the franchise, if they return for a second season you will see that they all play the HW game, including Lisa. I guess this is what ticks me off, it seems that only Lisa gets accused of doing it and that just isn't true. Last season, the biggest manipulator on the BH show was Eileen and she out maneuvered, out manipulated them all, including Lisa! So, IMO, Lisa isn't the worst of the bunch, that would be Eileen at this point. Hell, even Brandi out maneuvered Lisa her last season, as did Yolanda. In fact, I have yet to see/hear or be given an example of Lisa talking any HW into doing something against their will, something they did not suggest doing/saying first. LOL Lisa's big bad ability is to let each HW hang themselves with their own ideas/words. LOL

See, I guess this is where these conversations breakdown, because its about perception. Examples people give for Eileen being manipulative, I just don't see -- at all. But, for me, it's clear as day, with Lisa. I guess it's just about who we all are. Not everyone gets along, and we see people through wildly different lenses.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I get what you are saying, but it's about a pattern. If Eileen is on season after season, shown to be manipulative (which I haven't seen any pattern of) and all the other HW's accuse her of being such, I believe she would be labeled the same. This is what sets LVP apart from the others. We have a rich history to look back on. Example after example to talk about, and we have almost every other HW confirming this. I am trying (and failing) to find another HW who has had charges made against them that are consistent - even by people that still like and care about them - yet still have such a huge fan base that deny any of it is true. It just doesn't happen. Oh sure, you have the occasional fan saying that all the HW's  who have made claims about Vicki are just wrong and the eyes of the viewers don't see things clearly, but they are in the vast minority. For the most part, when we see behavior with our own eyes and it is confirmed time and time again by the people they work with for months on end, it tends to be believed by the masses. What makes LVP so different is that it seems possible that there cannot exist any number of her co-workers who can claim behavior that we have all witnessed that will be believed by so many. It just boggles the mind. 

ETA: which is not to say that she doesn't have some good qualities and reasons for people to root for her. She does. But the accusations that folks make about her seem completely accurate to me, despite the good stuff. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I get what you are saying, but it's about a pattern. If Eileen is on season after season, shown to be manipulative (which I haven't seen any pattern of) and all the other HW's accuse her of being such, I believe she would be labeled the same. This is what sets LVP apart from the others. We have a rich history to look back on. Example after example to talk about, and we have almost every other HW confirming this. I am trying (and failing) to find another HW who has had charges made against them that are consistent - even by people that still like and care about them - yet still have such a huge fan base that deny any of it is true. It just doesn't happen. Oh sure, you have the occasional fan saying that all the HW's  who have made claims about Vicki are just wrong and the eyes of the viewers don't see things clearly, but they are in the vast minority. For the most part, when we see behavior with our own eyes and it is confirmed time and time again by the people they work with for months on end, it tends to be believed by the masses. What makes LVP so different is that it seems possible that there cannot exist any number of her co-workers who can claim behavior that we have all witnessed that will be believed by so many. It just boggles the mind. 

Give me 1 concrete example where Lisa talked someone into doing something they didn't suggest first (which is not manipulation) or something against their nature/will (which would be manipulating), just 1 example of either? We had Rinna repeatedly tell Eileen that Lisa did not manipulate her, that she saw nothing like that from Lisa, time after time until Eileen pulled the "Why can't you take my side", that is when Rinna started saying Lisa manipulated her into saying Munchausen, not before, only after. Rinna was the one to bring that word/description to the table and she did so to Kyle long before Kyle then told Lisa about it but it's all Lisa's fault, she manipulated Rinna into saying it. Maybe we should accuse Kyle of manipulating both Lisa's! After all, Rinna told her first and it was Kyle that told Lisa. LOL

I suspect that many of these "Lisa made me do it" are nothing more than them trying to lay blame for their own bad/stupid behavior at someone else's feet and Lisa is an easy target because she is so snarky to begin with and enjoys the bantering back and forth.

• Love 11

LVP is calculated in what she does and given the success of being a reality star, she believes she has the power to be manipulative (for instance, I think she did manipulate Brandi regarding the tabloids and Kyle) .  She knows this and those on the reality shows she's on, knows it.   The exceptions are Eileen, who did like her in the beginning but wasn't going to play the game to the extent LVP wanted and Kyle, who did play the LVP love game for a number of seasons but then....she got tired of apologizing and begging for forgiveness... and along the way her husband who already was a very successful realtor started his own firm and, IMO, at this point is much more successful than LVP and Ken.  Stuff like that gives you confidence.  Add to that her retail stores and her production company.  I think LVP's ego is going in the direction of turning off many viewers. 

So, Kim Biers was on WWHL,  Erika Jane was the opening act for Kim in 2007.  Haha. 

As for Alexia changing schools after the first year.  Lot's of college students do this.  One of my kids did.  You get there and decide that it's not the right fit.  Didn't Ro's daughter (RHNY) transfer after her first year as well? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Let me know if you find out. I did a tad bit of research and all I could find was that years ago he managed the soccer player Pele.  He seems to have made his original fortune as a Developer.  At one point he was worth about $180 million, but lost it all and filed for bankruptcy in 2012. Since coming out of bankruptcy all I can find is that he has managed Boy George. It is hard for me to believe that gig would afford him the ability to live in that house, throw that party, or buy that car. My guess is there really isn't much money and they are renting it all. I posted a story earlier that he and Dorit were supposed to have a reality TV show back in 2015 with Boy George. The concept was Boy George moving from London to BH and the change in his life. Bottom line, these people have been shopping the concept of reality TV for a while. 

I agree that since he filed for bankruptcy in 2012 then moved into their present house in 2014 they are likely living on credit. Boy George and Culture Club were supposed to play several concerts in Western Canada last month and all were cancelled. The official reason was given as "personal circumstances beyond the bands' control" but most figured that it was due to low ticket sales. I hope the vendors at Dorito's party were paid as if Boy George is KP's only client he may be filing for bankruptcy again. 

When Erika said that she had been throwing up for two days and someone asked her why I thought she was going to say she was getting ready for a an upcoming show. 

I was sitting in fascination watching LVP's horrendous hairdo and outfit at Dorito's party. The hairdo reminded me of the 60s beehive look, only worse. Then it came to me. Her hair looked exactly like Mary Richard's hair in the Mary Tyler Moore Show episode where Mary had a cold and has to go to an awards dinner. Her dress was a mess, her face was a mess and her hair had a weird bump on the top that she could not get rid of. But even with how bad Mary looked in that epi, she looked better than LVP did at the party. Despite LVP's claim that she is happy and thriving, I can't remember when I have seen a more unhappy looking and acting Howife. And that is saying a lot. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

First off only LVP and Kyle have made it through seven seasons.  So the mathematically LVP has a far greater exposure and she has Vanderpump Rules which caused some issues with the others.  I do think LVP in a number of situations sets things up for maximum drama exposure and then pretends it happens organically.  (Faye Resnick just showing up for tea, Scheana at parties with Brandi. even her vow renewal-why would she invite Faye?) 

Not every action of LVP's is calculated and manipulation.  I am not a pure LVP fan because I thought she treated Adrienne poorly, over crap Brandi cooked up and went way too far with her words about Adrienne and Paul.  As a matter of fact from Reunion Season 2 until then end of Season 4 I did not care for LVP.  Her taking up for Yolanda over Kyle-when it was on film Yolanda was bad mouthing LVP-was LVP being manipulated by lying, brain addled Yolanda.  LVP was capitulating to Yolanda who I never, ever liked.  So between Brandi, Yolanda and LVP there was some major manipulation against Kyle.  I mean they were the quintessential mean girls with their jabs at Kyle's marriage-until Yolanda jumped ship and left the other two flapping in the wind.  So suggesting LVP manipulated those conversations would be incorrect it had more to do with Brandi and Yolanda. 

This past year, I agreed with Eileen that Rinna needed to stop shooting her mouth off to Eileen and be upfront.  However, I don't believe LVP manipulated Rinna, I think Rinna was angry that Yolanda was given a big fat contract and rarely had to film.  When things went south for Rinna-Kyle and some of the others heading to NY for the Lyme benefit, Rinna doubled down.  I have to go with LVP that Rinna had a meltdown when she left LVP's house and said, "What have I done?".  I don't think LVP asked Rinna to "drag Kyle into it. 

And now I hate what I am going to say, Brandi gave an interview with some guy on the Tomorrow Show, and he has interviewed other RH and claims, based on what Brandi said, production does encourage the off camera talk be brought forward. Judging by the hours of time they seem to spend confessionals with Rinna, I believe she talks a lot with production.

What bugged me the most about Rinna and Eileen is when they discussed Eileen's initial comments that got back to LVP about being manipulative and LVP responded with Rinna proclamations of love for Kim Richards in Amsterdam.  It was not deflection, it was an example of how full of shit Rinna is and has always been.  Eileen confronted Rinna over her flip flop in Amsterdam.  So to me claims of LVP always being manipulative are over stated.  I do think she went overboard in the Hamptons with both Eileen and Erika with her questions (Good lord, some had to get a conversation out of the two of them) but not to the level Erika and Eileen claimed to warrant all the sniper from the side, manipulator.  If anything LVP was pretty upfront, sorry Eileen you don't like being called out for being a soap star/husband nabber.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Give me 1 concrete example where Lisa talked someone into doing something they didn't suggest first (which is not manipulation) or something against their nature/will (which would be manipulating), just 1 example of either? We had Rinna repeatedly tell Eileen that Lisa did not manipulate her, that she saw nothing like that from Lisa, time after time until Eileen pulled the "Why can't you take my side", that is when Rinna started saying Lisa manipulated her into saying Munchausen, not before, only after. Rinna was the one to bring that word/description to the table and she did so to Kyle long before Kyle then told Lisa about it but it's all Lisa's fault, she manipulated Rinna into saying it. Maybe we should accuse Kyle of manipulating both Lisa's! After all, Rinna told her first and it was Kyle that told Lisa. LOL

I suspect that many of these "Lisa made me do it" are nothing more than them trying to lay blame for their own bad/stupid behavior at someone else's feet and Lisa is an easy target because she is so snarky to begin with and enjoys the bantering back and forth.

This is where it all breaks down for me, because we all have different thoughts on what it means to "manipulate". I read time and time again about LVP never asking anyone to do anything, so how is she manipulating them? This is the definition of manipulation:

"influencing or attempting to influence the behavior or emotions of others for one's own purposes". 

It's not about asking someone to say something, or to do something, but to feel something that they might not otherwise feel for your own purposes. To put thoughts in their head. You have to be somewhat charming to make this all work. Usually, people need to like you and want to gain your approval.  Once those thoughts are in their head, then they might act on them, because they have been manipulated.  I think we have all listed the many examples of times when it seems like LVP has done exactly this. 

• Love 10

I know that the British are more irreverent about religion than Americans, and I'm sure LVP would snidely tell me I just didn't "get" it, but it seems a bit disrespectful to have a Buddha themed party.

Am I missing something?  Do I truly not "get" it?  I think folks would have some strong opinions if PK threw a Jesus Party, or a Mohammed Party.

Guess I'm as humorless and uptight as folks here like to call Eileen.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This is where it all breaks down for me, because we all have different thoughts on what it means to "manipulate". I read time and time again about LVP never asking anyone to do anything, so how is she manipulating them? This is the definition of manipulation:

"influencing or attempting to influence the behavior or emotions of others for one's own purposes". 

It's not about asking someone to say something, or to do something, but to feel something that they might not otherwise feel for your own purposes. To put thoughts in their head. You have to be somewhat charming to make this all work. Usually, people need to like you and want to gain your approval.  Once those thoughts are in their head, then they might act on them, because they have been manipulated.  I think we have all listed the many examples of times when it seems like LVP has done exactly this. 

Do any of them apply to Rinna though?  Did she not have her own thoughts about Yolanda and in fact, claim that she was guilty of engaging in conversation about Munchausen's with her stylist and repeated the conversation to Kyle a night or two before the big reveal on camera.  Sounds to me like Rinna manipulated the situation to drag LVP and Kyle into it. 

I don't think it fair when people have like opinions to blame someone for stating your piece.  And Eileen with her issues with LVP did just that-by working up Rinna when she was getting her ass kicked (and Kyle and LVP were defending her) about Yolanda and LVP having a feud.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

LOL When has Lisa ever asked someone to do/say something "for" her for her own purpose? Brandi's claim that Lisa tried to get her to bring the cheating tabloids was shot down by both Yolanda and Carlton who were both present at Brandi's house when she claimed it happened. Rinna denied that Lisa manipulated her time and time again to Eileen who kept pressing Rinna to jump ship and join her on the Yolanda bus. Rinna finally made the jump only after Eileen cried that she needed Rinna to support her, not Lisa.

Lisa can be and often is snarky/bitchy when she tries to be funny and while her humor falls flat a lot, she is no Svengali or master manipulator. What has been listed as examples of Lisa pushing her own agenda, against the wishes/will of the others is contingent on believing/taking the word of others and believing they have no agenda against Lisa to begin with, that they would never lay blame elsewhere to get the heat off of themselves. Does Lisa like to have things her way, Yes, does Lisa hate to apologize, Yes, does Lisa like to put her best face forward, YES but the same can be said of all of them.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know that the British are more irreverent about religion than Americans, and I'm sure LVP would snidely tell me I just didn't "get" it, but it seems a bit disrespectful to have a Buddha themed party.

Am I missing something?  Do I truly not "get" it?  I think folks would have some strong opinions if PK threw a Jesus Party, or a Mohammed Party.

Actually. PK/Dorit would tell you that as it was PK who threw the party for Dorit and he was the one to start the conversation about British humor verses American humor. LOL Lisa would be polite and say "Maaaybe......but it was still a fun party". LOL

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Do any of them apply to Rinna though?  Did she not have her own thoughts about Yolanda and in fact, claim that she was guilty of engaging in conversation about Munchausen's with her stylist and repeated the conversation to Kyle a night or two before the big reveal on camera.  Sounds to me like Rinna manipulated the situation to drag LVP and Kyle into it. 

I don't think it fair when people have like opinions to blame someone for stating your piece.  And Eileen with her issues with LVP did just that-by working up Rinna when she was getting her ass kicked (and Kyle and LVP were defending her) about Yolanda and LVP having a feud.

Rinna told Kyle about that conversation and her fears that Yolanda really did have Munchie a couple of weeks before Kyle then told Lisa only a couple of days before filming (of the three, Lisa was the last to know). If Lisa was really trying to get Rinna to take Yolanda down with the Munchie question, then she would not have defended her and tell Yolanda that Rinna didn't come up with that term but that the hair colorist did, she just would have defended Rinna's right to say it/believe it and she did neither. Both Lisa and Kyle defended Rinna to Yolanda and Erika time and time again while crickets were chirping over Eileen's head every single time. I think Eileen promised Yolanda that Rinna would be on her "team" against Lisa and Kyle and she worked overtime to make that happen. LOL

• Love 9
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am trying (and failing) to find another HW who has had charges made against them that are consistent - even by people that still like and care about them - yet still have such a huge fan base that deny any of it is true. It just doesn't happen. Oh sure, you have the occasional fan saying that all the HW's  who have made claims about Vicki are just wrong and the eyes of the viewers don't see things clearly, but they are in the vast minority. For the most part, when we see behavior with our own eyes and it is confirmed time and time again by the people they work with for months on end, it tends to be believed by the masses. What makes LVP so different is that it seems possible that there cannot exist any number of her co-workers who can claim behavior that we have all witnessed that will be believed by so many. It just boggles the mind. 

I feel like both Bethenny and Brandi have rabid defenders; both (IMO) do some obnoxious and/or heinous things that still get defended or deflected by a certain contingent of their fan bases. Perhaps not as large as LVP, but maybe. Especially Beth.

I like LVP, though I certainly wouldn't defend every little thing she does, or deny it either. (For example, her joke about Vince was 100% unnecessary and tacky.) But it's a little like choosing which of the Vanderpump Rules characters is your favorite. You watch and you sort of end up rooting for someone, even though you realize that you can't wholeheartedly root for any one of them  because they're all varying shades of gross. If you defend one, there's always an asterisk. The current BH HW are not as heinous, but they aren't that great either. So I'll sit here and "like" Lisa because for some reason she appeals to me (it must be the sangria), even though IRL I'd be irritated by how calculating she is.

31 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Nah, I'm with you. I'm not Buddhist, but I think using religious symbols as party decoration is thoughtless (as in, not deeply thought out) at best, and disrespectful at worst. LVP has a bunch of religious statues at SUR, and the only religion in there is probably someone wearing True Religion jeans.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
On 12/14/2016 at 0:04 AM, sasha206 said:

That hair has GOT to go.  As do the false eyelashes.  She's a beauituful woman whose hair and makeup is aging.

Kyra Sedgwick was on WWHL & after a clip of Ladies of London she asked Andy why women did that stuff to their lips. Andy said (paraphrasing) 'once 1 of them tweaks they all start & it's like dominoes'. Watching season 1 LVP she was absolutely beautiful. Then she started messing with her eyes, her bottom lip & her makeup. She looked amazing swanning around with Cedric in her jeans. And she looked happier than she does now with the shiny fabric and odd hair choices.

16 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm wondering about Tom and what exactly Erika Jane DOES have to deal with. I imagine Erika isn't getting that lifestyle for nothing. 

It only happened a few times and it may say more about me than E/T's marriage, but whenever Erika said "I'm not allowed" I got an equal mix of rage & WTF. What is that about?? First, Tom seems barely cognizant of Erika so I don't know how he would even find out what she's doing - much less care. Second...my aforementioned WTF?? 

5 hours ago, ryebread said:

She might be generous monetarily but she just feels so emotionally unavailable.  Unless you're a horse or a dog.  Or her daughter.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Here's my thing with LVP - I think how she is regarded in contrast to all other women is extremely important to her to the point her image is a zero sum game. Meaning so much of what she says is designed to make her appear above it all yet also have some imaginary upper hand. I hope I'm being clear - I'm basing this on a few women I've been close to & when their barbs cut I didn't even realize it until I walked away bloody. I think LVP's comments make the women feel a bit messed with and THAT'S what they respond to. Lisa's emotional distance makes them feel like they confided in a friend who's no longer supporting them. IDK - Munchausengate drove me nuts before the end of the first scene but the use of the word "manipulate", to me, doesn't apply to the issues these women have with Lisa.

Dorit's speech reminds me of Caprice from LoL. The affectation, the inability to move facial muscles, the hyponasality, the self-importance. All there.   

• Love 3

Dorit does not look like Brittany Muphy to me. I think she looks more like Bad girl "Cash" from Nashville, played by Jesse Shram and  especially Brittany Snow.

LVP's talking head with her necklace being squashed by her cleavage gives me senond-embarrassment. Ladies please!  Less skin and more substance, please!

Edited by Bluedog100
Can't spell at 2 am

Someone upthread mentioned the holy grail of figuring stuff out terms: follow the money. This show is serious, there is a lot at stake and if manipulated (!) judiciously, becoming a howife can be parlayed into lucrative side deals and career enhancing opportunities.

Follow the money.

LVP is the power of the group and she is fighting to maintain that status. She is hooked up IRL with Mohammed Hadid and his current wife Shiva (if they are married yet?) and other wealthy players. LVP took Yolanda down and there was messy offscreen drama between Mo, LVP and Yo. And the kids. LVP took Adrienne Maloof down, the 'Maloof Hoof' slur, and loading Brandi up to take aim at Adrienne and Paul's marital secrets. Legal action followed. Adrienne was sacked. So, who has got the serious power/money this season? 

Erika. 

It's going to be LVP versus Erika, using proxies. So next week we see Erika and Dorit getting into it. LVP has been grooming Dorit. The 'I COULD have said nasty/mean things about you' comment from LVP regarding Dorit's intro to Lisar was an instance of LVP protesting too much. She has definitely groomed Dorit, who is a nitwit and is dispensable, for the opening sally at Erika. Tom has major, private jets on standby money and power and this is vastly threatening to LVP. Tom's money is financing 'Erika Jayne'. When Tom pops his clogs, Erika may become a player in her own right. Erika is earning that dough somehow, she and Tom definitely have an 'arrangement', I can SMELL it. 

Once I started watching these shows through this lens, things became a lot clearer and more interesting. In RHOM, the power in the group was Chyka, for example. Drama surged around her and she kept her 'Switzerland' status because she and her husband are seriously wealthy and cannot afford to alienate their discreet luxury clientele with poor behavior. I believe this is the reason Chyka quit for next season also. The other hos will go at each other, but they are extremely careful not to overstep with the 'real power'. Lisar's behavior is a case in point. Contrast with Eileen, who is in a position to give fewer fcks because she is a legend in her lifetime already in the Hollywood community. LVP is jealous of Eileen also. 'Real power' hos are by necessity divisive. It becomes clearer why Eileen was kept for this season, when this theory is taken into account, also. Eileen is one of the few people who have that je ne sais quoi that irritates and butt hurts LVP. So this casting decision now makes sense to me. And Erika immediately started in with the 'side sniper' comments last season, she knew from the git who and what she was engaging with. I'm really keen to see who ends up with the heavy crown and i'm pulling for Erika. She's earned it (cringey wink)

• Love 1
22 hours ago, queenjen said:

You made me snort: INDEED. I bet there are many things she spits out in fear of ingesting a calorie. I'm surprised she doesn't wear a mask on the daily in case a pesky nano calorie enters through her sinuses. I don't know why this woman gives me the screaming irrits everytime she is on. But i can give it a try: she's as original as a laugh track, she's dumb as a sock ,she's DEEPLY insecure about her body while insisting that she isn't and she's a fckn FOLLOWER who wants to lead .

That worked out predictably last season when she bore the brunt of the Munchhausen thing. So, predictably again, she's doing whatever it takes and taking whatever LVP throws at her for ANY chance to sit at the cool girls' table. That's Lisa Rinna in a nutshell. She wasn't a cool girl in high school, or she got there after a helluva lot of work. She's too dumb to be anything other than a sycophant to the perceived Queen Bee. She has developed something of a nose for the real power and where to find it, so she allies herself with that. Or tries to. She'll never come for Kyle, for example. LVP could be a known molester or axe murderer, but while she's the cool girl, Lisa R will be tunneling up her pantyhose in  hopes of being up her ass. 

Dorit is a fool and her husband is persona non grata in England due to some Giudice style financial malfeasance. My daughter and I worked out that that party would have been upwards of half a million, when you include the Bentley in custom color. Boy George has a nasty legal history also. Maybe his absence was more due to the kid's presence on this episode?

I am DYING to know why Erika is previewed with that line 'you don't know what I go through at night!'. She is looking a bit disturbed and she is going to have to either kiss LVP's ass or stage a take over. I don't think LVP can coexist outside of those options. Eileen is learning this. I'm actually liking Eileen more too, because I'm seeing more of LVP's behind the scenes manipulation IRL and it's ugly. Now that Yolo is out of the picture, and the crown is 'where it should be' according to LVP, the field is open to another contender. Provided they can take on LVP. I don't think Eileen has the wealth or the stomach for it, Dorit is a nitwit and Erika was aligned with Yolo and would be considered a threat by LVP, due to Tom's wealth. I'm wondering about Tom and what exactly Erika Jane DOES have to deal with. I imagine Erika isn't getting that lifestyle for nothing. I imagine Tom wants or needs something specific and Erika provides it and i'm not talking about love. Maybe something a bit more specialised and a lot more distasteful...

OMG.... what a post!!! Insight. Inferences. Questions.

Deliciousness! I just want to sit down with you with a glass of wine (actually I prefer Champagne!) and tease out what you wrote!!!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Deliciousness! I just want to sit down with you with a glass of wine (actually I prefer Champagne!) and tease out what you wrote!!!

Champagne of course and we'll both be wearing 'Board Lovies' t'shirts! (Trademark, ZaldamoWilder - see Kenya's thread in RHOA). The manoueverings behind the scenes on this franchise are the best: all that wealth and the hothouse of the entertainment industry...it's indeed a delicious distraction that I'm not ashamed of!

Which brings me to the case of Joanna Krupa, Brandi Glanville, LVP and Mohammed Hadid and the 'stinky ladyparts' law suit. THIS is why you have to love this franchise...http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/29/lisa-vanderpump-mohamed-hadid-call-brandi-glanville-a-liar-in-court-deposition-over-fishy-vagina-lawsuit/

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

No, you are absolutely correct.  I live in Asia and the people here do not appreciate "accessories" made with Buddha's image for the reasons exactly what you state above.  I tell my friends who have Buddhas they should place them high out of respect, just like you wouldn't put a crucifix on the floor a garden Buddha or a home Buddha should be placed somewhat high in room (table height is good).    With that said, there is a famous Buddha Bar. I have been to the one in Dubai, I do not know if there are others but it is a famous place with great sushi appetizers, so I imagine Dorit's husband used it as the inspiration.  Buddhism tenets discourage drinking alcohol so there is that. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I feel like both Bethenny and Brandi have rabid defenders; both (IMO) do some obnoxious and/or heinous things that still get defended or deflected by a certain contingent of their fan bases. Perhaps not as large as LVP, but maybe. Especially Beth.

No doubt they both had/have defenders, but never at the LVP level. The difference to me is that when the other HW's speak out against them about behavior on the show over and over again, the audience doesn't discount what is being said. With Brandi, she lost a huge majority of her fan base. I would argue that she became one of the most hated HW's ever at one point. You certainly couldn't find more than a dozen Brandi defenders on this forum, and that is the same with Beth. When the cast started having major issues with Brandi, the audience did as well. People believed what LVP, Kyle, and Joyce were saying about her. It wasn't about the fact that everyone else must just be wrong.

I think the closest thing to LVP would be Teresa G. We all witnessed some of her behavior, and it was confirmed by pretty much every one else in the cast, yet a great deal of people never blamed Teresa. Every single situation was always the fault of someone else; never Teresa. Not that Teresa and LVP are anything alike. IMO Teresa has zero redeeming qualities and LVP has many, but the way they are able to play the victim and manipulate people into thinking all the bad stuff that happens must be the fault of someone else in every situation, is comparable. 

• Love 7

I don't anticipate a showdown between VDP and Erika.

For what?

I also do not see Erika being jealous of Dorit.

Otoh, Erika is starting to bug me with the Chanel references.

She is so gauche, imo.

That Chagall besides being a shared household item looked like a lithograph, meh.

• Love 4