Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Buddha Bentley Birthday

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, wings707 said:

I can see Erika being envious of Dorit because of her relationship with PK.  That party was a huge display of love and appreciation, something Tom doesn't give her.  I am not talking about the party itself, Tom is incapable, rather the statement and effort put forward.  

I agree I meant to mention this last ep, but at her own bday party Erika wanted a kiss from her husband in front of everyone when he gave his version of the husband speech. She put her hands on his bald head/neck several times and he would not turn to kiss her. I felt very sad for her in that moment and it says a lot about their arrangement.... I mean, Marriage. 

• Love 10

Okaay, and cheaper than I would have thought. My daughter thought that LVP had just customised a regular helmet with a visor. Are there vision issues? The one on your link looks practical, but IIRC, LVP's was a bit broader? I guess she probably isn't going all that fast or doing any jumping, so she's probably pretty safe. It is a beautiful horse also. I don't remember if you gave the breed. I was thinking Andalusion or Lippizaner, especially when you mentioned him being entire. I'd be leery of putting a beginner (I know she said she had 15 horses back in the UK) on a stallion. Always respect a stallion! 

I've also never understood her attraction to those miniponies when mini horses are SO MUCH more elegant and fine lined. But i'm very biased!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes, I used to be an unidentified human cartoon portrait.  Now I'm a big 'B'.  I don't know how I actually feel about this quite yet.

I'm glad to read this (kinda).  I don't come to the Forum often enough these busy days.  I thought those with "monograms" simply made those choices.  What gives???

• Love 1
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No doubt they both had/have defenders, but never at the LVP level. The difference to me is that when the other HW's speak out against them about behavior on the show over and over again, the audience doesn't discount what is being said. With Brandi, she lost a huge majority of her fan base. I would argue that she became one of the most hated HW's ever at one point. You certainly couldn't find more than a dozen Brandi defenders on this forum, and that is the same with Beth. When the cast started having major issues with Brandi, the audience did as well. People believed what LVP, Kyle, and Joyce were saying about her. It wasn't about the fact that everyone else must just be wrong.

I think the closest thing to LVP would be Teresa G. We all witnessed some of her behavior, and it was confirmed by pretty much every one else in the cast, yet a great deal of people never blamed Teresa. Every single situation was always the fault of someone else; never Teresa. Not that Teresa and LVP are anything alike. IMO Teresa has zero redeeming qualities and LVP has many, but the way they are able to play the victim and manipulate people into thinking all the bad stuff that happens must be the fault of someone else in every situation, is comparable. 

I have never figured out why Teresa Giudice has one fan-excellent example of blind followers.

Brandi slowly decomposed in her own filth and duplicity.  She came in under the guise of being besties with Cedric and she left when she could no longer sustain a believable relationship with the main cast.  First off the Krupa lawsuit, even the most strident of RHOBH celeb fans say that calling a woman's lady parts smelly-is the worst.  She also managed in one fell swoop to alienate Mohamed, Yolanda briefly, Yolanda's children and many others.  The difference between LVP and her alleged fouls and Brandi-is Brandi put them out there on the screen.  We saw her get drunk go after Joyce, we saw her go after Eileen and misbehave at Poker Night, needless to say we saw her tampon string.  As an audience we have not seen the behavior LVP is accused of-the actual conversations.  We may see the result.  An example, apparently what Eileen based LVP's initial manipulation of Rinna on was Rinna making the decision to go shopping in Amsterdam, with LVP, Kim, Brandi instead of breaking off with Eileen and Kyle.  I would say much higher up the food chain of reasons Rinna went shopping (1) excellent chance it might implode and there be a fight scene, more screen time for Rinna (2) she had threatened to go home and I believe the producers said, "contract".  I am sure LVP  encouraged Rinna not to go home-but I would not find it manipulative. 

I also believe in the realm of  RHOBH, if there are simultaneous filming, there is a much greater chance the one with LVP will make it to air before the one without her.  So for example when Yolanda started giving Yolanda crap at LVP's birthday lunch, LVP just packed up and left.  Yolanda on the other hand has used her illness so many times to get out of filming, leave early, not listen to the conversation-no one cares anymore if she leaves.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

As an audience we have not seen the behavior LVP is accused of-the actual conversations.  We may see the result. 

And maybe that's it. We see Brandi being... Brandi. If you (like me, in earlier seasons) find Kyle attention seeking and kind of smug, you see it on screen. You see Yolanda and her quack stuff. You see Rinna and Eileen complaining about apologies they deserve. LVP's behavior is less (not totally, but less) visible, and for many her tendency to act as though she's rising above it is more appealing than watching Eileen complain, again, that she didn't get an apology.

Edited by ivygirl
I've been having issues with the quoting
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

Someone upthread mentioned the holy grail of figuring stuff out terms: follow the money. This show is serious, there is a lot at stake and if manipulated (!) judiciously, becoming a howife can be parlayed into lucrative side deals and career enhancing opportunities.

Follow the money.

LVP is the power of the group and she is fighting to maintain that status. She is hooked up IRL with Mohammed Hadid and his current wife Shiva (if they are married yet?) and other wealthy players. LVP took Yolanda down and there was messy offscreen drama between Mo, LVP and Yo. And the kids. LVP took Adrienne Maloof down, the 'Maloof Hoof' slur, and loading Brandi up to take aim at Adrienne and Paul's marital secrets. Legal action followed. Adrienne was sacked. So, who has got the serious power/money this season? 

Erika. 

It's going to be LVP versus Erika, using proxies. So next week we see Erika and Dorit getting into it. LVP has been grooming Dorit. The 'I COULD have said nasty/mean things about you' comment from LVP regarding Dorit's intro to Lisar was an instance of LVP protesting too much. She has definitely groomed Dorit, who is a nitwit and is dispensable, for the opening sally at Erika. Tom has major, private jets on standby money and power and this is vastly threatening to LVP. Tom's money is financing 'Erika Jayne'. When Tom pops his clogs, Erika may become a player in her own right. Erika is earning that dough somehow, she and Tom definitely have an 'arrangement', I can SMELL it. 

Once I started watching these shows through this lens, things became a lot clearer and more interesting. In RHOM, the power in the group was Chyka, for example. Drama surged around her and she kept her 'Switzerland' status because she and her husband are seriously wealthy and cannot afford to alienate their discreet luxury clientele with poor behavior. I believe this is the reason Chyka quit for next season also. The other hos will go at each other, but they are extremely careful not to overstep with the 'real power'. Lisar's behavior is a case in point. Contrast with Eileen, who is in a position to give fewer fcks because she is a legend in her lifetime already in the Hollywood community. LVP is jealous of Eileen also. 'Real power' hos are by necessity divisive. It becomes clearer why Eileen was kept for this season, when this theory is taken into account, also. Eileen is one of the few people who have that je ne sais quoi that irritates and butt hurts LVP. So this casting decision now makes sense to me. And Erika immediately started in with the 'side sniper' comments last season, she knew from the git who and what she was engaging with. I'm really keen to see who ends up with the heavy crown and i'm pulling for Erika. She's earned it (cringey wink)

Adrienne refused to attend her last reunion and that was why she was fired, not because of anything Lisa said/did. Also, it was 1 of Adrienne's own Lawyers that gave Brandi the info about A/P use of a surrogate, not Lisa.

As for Lisa filling on the newbies about the others to taint them against them, every single one of them, including Rinna, has said that Lisa does not do that. I am sure Dorit, Erika last season, Eileen the season before all watched the show before they signed their Bravo contracts to know who/what/where/when. LOL

Yolanda was demoted and it did not please her so she quit. Lisa had nothing to do with it, Bravo got tired of her not filming when they wanted, leaving filming early and spending 90% of her on camera time talking about LD in her ratty white robe.

• Love 12

Erika and 99.9% of the housewives in general remind me of Lucy and Ethel in their burlap feedbag couture aspiring to be chic. How fragile their egos must really be. They can look like clowns but they are happy doing so as long as someone's logo is on the red nose and the knowledge is out that they paid a fortune for the privilege of having one.

What Erika wore was expensive mass market, it was no better than what most of the general public who also love to sport labels and logos wear. Just because it went down a runway doesn't mean it's true Haute Couture. Very, very few can afford bespoke clothing.

• Love 12
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

LisaV is really being a bitch! And that's not British humor, it's just being an asshole. And why is Rinna trying so hard to get her to be friends with her? You don't need friends like that. Eileen shouldn't let LisaV bother her so much but then we would have no drama fighting and cattiness which you need when you're on shows like this.

These women can really throw a party. I wonder if they get discounts on the cars they buy for the advertising they get on these shows. 

I snerked when Kyle was in the gym and said women in BH looked so good and we're freaks of nature. No, you're not, you women are freaks about your Botox and plastic surgery. 

Those poor women auditioning for Erika, it didn't matter how they danced because at the end they were only being picked for their looks and booty. I'm glad I don't live in such a shallow town. 

It's not the town, it's the asshole that live in it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

No, you are absolutely correct.  I live in Asia and the people here do not appreciate "accessories" made with Buddha's image for the reasons exactly what you state above.  I tell my friends who have Buddhas they should place them high out of respect, just like you wouldn't put a crucifix on the floor a garden Buddha or a home Buddha should be placed somewhat high in room (table height is good).    With that said, there is a famous Buddha Bar. I have been to the one in Dubai, I do not know if there are others but it is a famous place with great sushi appetizers, so I imagine Dorit's husband used it as the inspiration.  Buddhism tenets discourage drinking alcohol so there is that. 

Someone needs to tell TAO that.  I've been to this one in NYC:

http://www.nycgo.com/restaurants/tao-uptown

• Love 1

Eileen looked great at Dorit's party, for once. She really needs to have an affair with and steal someone else's sense of humor.  Dour and smug, not a good look.

I loved LVP"s sly dig. If you're going to go for it, might as well go for the sore spot. lol   She makes me laugh.  I wonder how many more chances she will give Kyle, only to find a knife in her back.  Some "manipulator" right....

Erika bores me. At least Rinna is trying to entertain me. Erika is just trying. Jury is still out on Dorit but I don't dislike her.

• Love 15

Lisa's horseback riding was cringe worthy.  You're not supposed to bounce all over the place like that. It might have been a gelded horse; the winky can still slide out, it's the balls that are missing. :-)   I don't think this season is going to be very good.  The promos are lame.  And the whole "not letting things bother me/letting stuff go" mindset is horrible for reality tv.  We need ax grinders not peace makers.  

I still don't understand how these Brits have so much money.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Eileen looked great at Dorit's party, for once. She really needs to have an affair with and steal someone else's sense of humor.  Dour and smug, not a good look.

I loved LVP"s sly dig. If you're going to go for it, might as well go for the sore spot. lol   She makes me laugh.  I wonder how many more chances she will give Kyle, only to find a knife in her back.  Some "manipulator" right....

Erika bores me. At least Rinna is trying to entertain me. Erika is just trying. Jury is still out on Dorit but I don't dislike her.

Last night on WWHL, Andy had Kim Zolciak on.  He popped up with a poster of Kim Z., performing her one hit wonder at a now defunct gay bar in NYC.  The opening act was Erika Jayne.  Just how insignificant are you as an entertainer, when you open for a one hit wonder?  I can't imagine travelling from Pasadena to NYC to open for a one hit wonder.   Erika needs to work out with "Money Can't Buy You Class", I am so tired of her thinking a designer name or label makes her superior.   

I think Kyle and LVP have reached an accord-boxing allowed, coups for the crown are not.  I think Rinna is trying to make a bigger deal out of the LVP/Kyle comments than really exist.  Kyle and LVP like their big paychecks and discovered awhile back people would rather see the two somewhat aligned than bitter enemies.   

I look at Dorit this way-they needed fresh blood and Dorit gives them a lot of open veins to go after. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Lady Grump said:

LVP is the L. Ron Hubbard of the Real Housewives Universe. Down to the fact that her followers scoff at the notion that LVP could have svengali-like manipulation skills -- just like Scientologists scoff at the notion that they're brainwashed -- (all the while not realizing they have fallen under the spell, too).

I worked across the street from the main scientology 'hive' in Lost Angeles on Sunset Blvd and to call the members 'brainwashed' is too kind.

The people from the 'church' were some of the strangest, impolite and just plain weird emm effers I ever came across.

LVP has that subtle "Let's jump off a cliff, you go first" kind of relationship with the rest of the cast. One subtle thing about LVP that I have noticed is that she ALWAYS has to defend herself concerning what she has said to the others (NEVER ON CAMERA). Either it was misunderstood or it wasn't what she meant.

Her shots at 'American humor' and making a point about saying that Brit humor is 'naughtier' was pure horseshit.

Mean, asshole humor doesn't have a nationality -it's more personality driven.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, MerryMary said:

Lisa's horseback riding was cringe worthy.  You're not supposed to bounce all over the place like that. It might have been a gelded horse; the winky can still slide out, it's the balls that are missing. :-)   I don't think this season is going to be very good.  The promos are lame.  And the whole "not letting things bother me/letting stuff go" mindset is horrible for reality tv.  We need ax grinders not peace makers.  

Lisa HAD to bounce all over the place.

She probably was sitting on her twig and berries.

As you get older, Your scrotum tends to get stretched out and you sometimes sit on your nuts.

Not that I would know anything about that.................

(Driving about 80 on the freeway and hitting that rumble strip with the passenger wheels will give you the same sensation as a bouncy, horse ride! THAT I DO know about!)

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I agree.  LVP needs a complete makeover, and I mean the works:  Hair, makeup and wardrobe.  Get rid of everything in her closet and find a new hairdresser/makeup artist.

God yes......and she needs work on her 'brit humor' - it's not funny.

LVP would be a devastatingly great looking woman if she loosened up her pants and stopped trying so hard.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Lisa HAD to bounce all over the place.

She probably has sitting on her twig and berries.

As you get older, Your scrotum tends to get stretched out and you sometimes sit on your nuts.

Not that I would know anything about that.................

(Driving about 80 on the freeway and hitting that rumble strip with the passenger wheels will give you the same sensation as a bouncy, horse ride! THAT I DO know about!)

Actually, Lisa was riding properly. She was riding English saddle, at a trot, and posting. It also looked like she was in a dressage ring.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

God yes......and she needs work on her 'brit humor' - it's not funny.

LVP would be a devastatingly great looking woman if she loosened up her pants and stopped trying so hard.

LVP's British humor can be dated at times.  Maybe she needs a refresher course in new British jokes. 

Lisa needs to start removing just one thing before she leaves the house and forego false eyelashes at their current heft.

• Love 4

I really love LVP but I'll join in that she REALLY needs to update her look. I just cut my waist length hair to a shoulder length bob, and calmed down the "smokey eye" so it's more natural. I'm 58 and I hung onto that hair forever! Now all I hear is how I look so much younger! DO it Lisa Do it!!!

• Love 14

Lisa is coming off too childish this season. I would like her more if she said you know these women see me as cold,and standoffish, and sometimes i think that is my british attitude. I'm really sensitive and Kyle is right I hold a grudge, because when i'm hurt, Im really hurt even if these women dont believe that.

Stop with the poor me, but I'm strong, oh no I need Ken, oh no poor me again. Pick a lane, either you lead these bitches or youre a victim. I much prefer her leading to be honest, but I dont enjoy her picking at Lisa R and Elieen, they suck on their own no need to push it.

• Love 11

I fully expect to see Lisa's daughter who was making the zucchini pasta on a future episode of "Chopped" as one of those chefs who had a mother who didn't cook for them and hence they had to learn to fend for themselves, and thus fell in love with cooking. Sounds as if, for all her harping about being a great mother, LisaR didn't feed them. Too bad. I'm not saying she had to be in the kitchen 24/7 but cooking is not rocket science. 

I am in LVP's corner ... she is the star of this show IMO, and she can dress however she wants. She's still a little pissed at everyone, but she'll get over it, as she showed she would with LisaR. Everyone who said Eileen hasn't a sense of humor is right (at least around LVP she doesn't.)

And I can't stop thinking Kyle got a nose job. Her face is just different. Definitely thought she had something done when they showed her in profile. Not that there's anything wrong with it .... just trying to put my finger on the difference this year.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Sounds as if, for all her harping about being a great mother, LisaR didn't feed them. Too bad. I'm not saying she had to be in the kitchen 24/7 but cooking is not rocket science.

She probably didn't feed them because SHE wanted to stay as far away from the food as possible. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, mwcdeb8r said:

Actually, Lisa was riding properly. She was riding English saddle, at a trot, and posting. It also looked like she was in a dressage ring.

Agree.  She also cantered with what I thought was great control and elegance.  Her horse is a highly trained show horse which is great IF you know what you're doing on a horse.  Often highly trained horses will determine quickly if a rider can be trusted to handle him/her and if the answer is no they simply won't respond.  You probably won't get bucked off but your commands and signals may very well get ignored.  Lisa is a skilled rider imo.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Lisa Season 1:  article-1353307-0D07EF97000005DC-730_468

That is a good photo of LVP.

She is a GOOD looking woman -the botox and bondo make her look like a (Madame) puppet.

Yeah, get rid of the spiders above your eyes and cover those titties (I love breasts, but hide them from me, make me GUESS what they look like under your shirt?)

Disclaimer

Women should be able to wear anything, anytime, anywhere.

THAT said?

Not everyone will review your choices favorably?

Lisa's gloves reminded me of something I saw in a S&M video a while back.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MerryMary said:

I'd have to guess this season will not be very good too. LVP said somewhere, probably WWHL that this was an easier season for her then the last one was.  No one seems to have any new storylines either.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Lisa Season 1:  article-1353307-0D07EF97000005DC-730_468

This. There's a fire there that so many pretty women lose once they start up with needles and knives. She looks like freaking Lena Headey - you don't mess with that! I also think whatever Grand Dame of Frilly Shirts act she's pulling on VPR is not helping in the vitality department.   

2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I fully expect to see Lisa's daughter who was making the zucchini pasta on a future episode of "Chopped" as one of those chefs who had a mother who didn't cook for them and hence they had to learn to fend for themselves, and thus fell in love with cooking. Sounds as if, for all her harping about being a great mother, LisaR didn't feed them. Too bad. I'm not saying she had to be in the kitchen 24/7 but cooking is not rocket science. 

I am in LVP's corner ... she is the star of this show IMO, and she can dress however she wants. She's still a little pissed at everyone, but she'll get over it, as she showed she would with LisaR. Everyone who said Eileen hasn't a sense of humor is right (at least around LVP she doesn't.)

And I can't stop thinking Kyle got a nose job. Her face is just different. Definitely thought she had something done when they showed her in profile. Not that there's anything wrong with it .... just trying to put my finger on the difference this year.

I don't understand parents who hang their hat on "I don't cook". I get people don't like to do it and/or aren't good at it, I get spouses who are tired of doing it for years on end - but always relying on someone else to feed your kids seems odd to me. Scramble an egg every once in a while. 

On WWHL Kyle insisted Erika had taught her to "contour", which might be code for "gave me her plastic surgeon's phone number". I think Kyle always looks super-refreshed the beginning of each season, and her features aren't that soft so her face can take it. But this season looks a little pulled and the nose definitely looks tweaked.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, mwcdeb8r said:

Having only ridden bareback and western, stuff gets lost in translation?

• Love 1
On 12/14/2016 at 4:08 PM, sasha206 said:

If it doesn't look good on a 20 something tall model, it sure as shit isn't going to look good on a 45 year old.  That is one ugly and ridiculously expensive dress.  Looks like something you'd see on a clearance rack from a Big & Tall store.

It's a freaking t-shirt... Not a dress! I don't care what Gigi or Erika paid for it! 

Who knew I was so fashionable almost every night? 

LVP's hair is terrible.  It's always been not great but this season it really sucks. 

Eileen should just be like whatever towards LVP, clearly she can't but that would be ideal.  Lisa might have been kidding about Vinny but obviously she and Eileen aren't on good terms so it was a way to give her a jab. So she can save her it's a joke... British humor bs.  

Speaking of British humor I hope this whole season doesn't end up British Vs America humor. 

I think a little Rinna goes a long way. 

I love zucchini noodles but I prefer spaghetti squash Mmmm delicious with a hearty tomato sauce and lots of parmesan cheese. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, imjagain said:

It's a freaking t-shirt... Not a dress! I don't care what Gigi or Erika paid for it! 

Who knew I was so fashionable almost every night? 

LVP's hair is terrible.  It's always been not great but this season it really sucks. 

Eileen should just be like whatever towards LVP, clearly she can't but that would be ideal.  Lisa might have been kidding about Vinny but obviously she and Eileen aren't on good terms so it was a way to give her a jab. So she can save her it's a joke... British humor bs.  

Speaking of British humor I hope this whole season doesn't end up British Vs America humor. 

I think a little Rinna goes a long way. 

I love zucchini noodles but I prefer spaghetti squash Mmmm delicious with a hearty tomato sauce and lots of parmesan cheese. 

Lisa admits she took a jab at Eileen with that comment, on purpose. She wanted to see how Eileen would react, stupid idea but I do get why she did it, and she feels that because Eileen didn't get all bent out of shape that there is hope for them to move past last season. Might not make sense to most but if it works, I am all for it, I am beyond tired of "nevergoodenoughapologygate"! LOL

I love zukenoodles! They allow me to eat "spaghetti" with my family without actually eating pasta/carbs.

• Love 2

Lisa Vanderpump claims she is only 59 years old, I think. Is that possible, because girlfriend looks older than that to me. She looked and came across so much better in Season 1.  Kyle is a pretty woman, but I agree that she needs to dress more appropriately for age, or at least less tight until and unless she firms up a bit.

• Love 3
Just now, California Girl said:

Lisa Vanderpump claims she is only 59 years old, I think. Is that possible, because girlfriend looks older than that to me. She looked and came across so much better in Season 1.  Kyle is a pretty woman, but I agree that she needs to dress more appropriately for age, or at least less tight until and unless she firms up a bit.

Lisa looks good for 59, it is her makeup and how she dresses that actually age her. See photos of her in casual dress with little or no makeup to see what she really looks like age wise.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa admits she took a jab at Eileen with that comment, on purpose. She wanted to see how Eileen would react, stupid idea but I do get why she did it, and she feels that because Eileen didn't get all bent out of shape that there is hope for them to move past last season. Might not make sense to most but if it works, I am all for it, I am beyond tired of "nevergoodenoughapologygate"! LOL

I love zukenoodles! They allow me to eat "spaghetti" with my family without actually eating pasta/carbs.

Have you  tried spaghetti squash?  It's  more like pasta,  to me anyways. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Here is this season's Kyle in a bathing suit: 

39F6A3B800000578-0-image-m-4_14782746888

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, imjagain said:

No, it is higher in carbs/sugar than zucchini, so I have stayed away from it. I have one of those spirolators (sp) and love how they make zukes into noodles. LOL That small bite Rinna took could not have been more than 20-30 calories at most.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I imagine lvp will try to get Rinna to take sides with her against Eileen severing their us against Lisa bond. 

I don't think she will, she is too smart and would know better. I think she, Lisa, is just trying to make filming bearable for all of them.

• Love 2

I think Rinna is crafty enough to know the castmates that stay on the show are the ones that either have established a sort of bastion to rest on or they are able to transition each season to stay fresh and interesting.  Rinna seems to have been a student of how the shows work before she even came on going by her comments after she was officially cast.  She knows that people like Tamra on the OC have a rather secure position because they are able to create the drama but also be able to move past it and make a different type of drama with a different person come another season. 

With Eileen I think she had a bit of smoke blown up her ass when she was cast.  I think she was brought on as a "get" and that warped her sense of how she plays into the whole dynamic of the show and her castmates.  There was a slightly similar general tone to when Dubrow came on the OC and Radziwill came on NYC.  That the show needed them more than they needed the show.  Which was, imo, completely untrue.  I think they all needed and still need the show in some way shape or form.  And the first season saw a serious disconnect in some ways with all them.  In Eileen's case there was a sense of being above it all and sort of larking on the sidelines.  And I think some fans complained.  Because without Brandi trying to be in the center of everything Eileen was a bit subdued as a RH 'character'.  To me she came off a bit too controlled and detached as if it was entirely a role she was writing. 

Then she came back last season and went a bit too deep into telenovela territory.  It made me wonder if producers weren't telling her to be more involved in the drama dynamics.  Or maybe she took it on herself since she no longer had Brandi to do all the heavy lifting in the ridiculous attention seeking manner that drew the rest in without doing much of the actual work. 

Rinna has said she would do anything for a check.  But I think Eileen still labors under the delusion that the show a bit beneath her. She is deigning.  And that lets her put self and ego more to the forefront than Rinna.  It could be that Rinna sees a more successful stint as a RH stem from being a little less concerned about feelings and simply seeing Vanderpump as a storyline that needs to be fluid to be viable and interesting.  She likely knows that viewers (me included) can get tired of the same old same old; that you can't stick with some vapid excuse of a feud as if it is born out of the greatest and most heinous of offenses and yet still constantly film with each other-- it pushes the contrived "reality" a bit too far.  In some regards Rinna is actually treating her role on this show with a bit more professionalism than Eileen is.  Rinna knows she has to play games while at the same time, not getting too deep into a particular one.  Eileen thinks she has the luxury of being a big enough brand to stick to whatever guns she has in this.  And it could well simply be pride.  Off the show Eileen might not give a crap about Vanderpump.  But on the show she is a point of pride.  I think Eileen was always a bit full of herself and thought she was coming on the show as this cool, above it a bit, self-deprecating 'star' who didn't need the show.  And Vanderpump has decided that is not the narrative she is going to buy into.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

We saw Rinna's housekeeper during her first season.  The woman was up on the table cushions with the other females, hiding from some little creature Harry was wrangling.  I doubt Rinna lets her children starve.  The staff prepared the meals, as happens in many houses of the wealthy.  It may not be rocket science, but neither is cleaning - which all of these women farm out to staff.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

When did LVP claim she's 59?  She certainly looks it, but I thought she was a year or two younger than Eileen, who is 57.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think she will, she is too smart and would know better. I think she, Lisa, is just trying to make filming bearable for all of them.

I love your positive spin on all things LVP, but I just don't see this.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

When did LVP claim she's 59?  She certainly looks it, but I thought she was a year or two younger than Eileen, who is 57.

I love your positive spin on all things LVP, but I just don't see this.

Lisa knows the bottom line is filming together, that is what they are paid to do and she isn't going to jeopardize her job or risk loosing her fan base. Lisa is many things, Stupid is not 1 of them. LOL

• Love 3

LVP is 56, born September 15, 1960. ED is 57, born June 15, 1959. So Eileen is 15 months older than Lisa. And looks years younger. Or should I say Lisa looks years older than her age. I have only been watching for three years, and was shocked when I heard LVP's age as I thought for sure she was in her mid 60s then. In the pic above she would have been about 49 if this is season 7. WTF has she done to herself? She looks old and frumpy, and for the most part looks much heavier in the clothes she chooses to wear than she actually is. She has looked that way as long as I have watched the show. What I don't get is why.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

article-1353307-0D07EF97000005DC-730_468

Ok, I think I've worked it out. It's the nose. Lisa is starting to look like an exhumed corpse and it's down to whatever she's done to her nose. The season 1 nose is not what we have today. She's done too much to it and now it looks small, sharp and overshaved. Like Michael Jackson. I'm useless at working out exactly why someone looks different, I'm the kind of person who CAN be shined on with 'contouring' and lip liner! But Lisa's nose should be a cautionary tale. Messing with it has achieved the opposite of her intention, which was presumably to look younger and fresher. She would have been better off employing ole Cedric for a little longer, IMO.

• Love 3