Type keyword(s) to search

High Profile Scientologists: Tom, Travolta, and More!

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, trow125 said:

That was a very fun book!! I couldn't put it down and read the whole thing in one evening, which is rare for me.

If anyone is wondering about this book, it's a novelisation of Tom and Katie and there are many parallels that I didn't realize until later. The main character thought he truly loved her and she was wooed. There's also talk of burn phones, etc. 

1 hour ago, Arynm said:

Looks like Danny Masterson has gotten himself in a bit of trouble. I am not sure why they felt the need to drag Leah into his mess, I think the "church" just wants to discredit her anyway they can and this is a perfect way to do it.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/danny-masterson-sexual-assault-investigation-lapd-1202036004/

Sorry, I don't know how to make links pretty

It really is a faith almost completely lacking in any empathy, which is why the refutation uses arguments that actually support the veracity of the allegations. They're dragging Leah's name in, but it's not like she can fabricate evidence against Danny. At absolute worst, she could encourage someone to lie. Which is admittedly terrible, but if there is no credible evidence to support the lie then the accuser and Leah look like vindictive assholes. They'd be better off only making their arguments about Leah to the court. In press statements, it draws more attention to her show.

I read the article on Tony Oretega's website and it seems to me that the high profile of Leah's show is what caused the first victim to get in touch with her. Leah of course told her to file a report and that caused the other report to be reopened ( the one involving his ex-girlfriend) Then another victim came forward.

I have to say that I love that this show and Leah in particular are becoming a "safe space" so to speak for victims of all kinds of crap that Scientology has been trying to cover up for years.

The LAPD is not looking good, and they seem to be in cahoots with Scientology. The detective is doing next to nothing to investigate this case and giving Scientology plent of time to get their ducks in a row.

I an hesitant to brand Danny Masterson a rapist without hard proof, but where there is smoke there is fire.

I really hope this gives Leah a reason to do a second season, this "church" needs to be brought down, they have been destroying peoples lives for far too long.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, Arynm said:

I read the article on Tony Oretega's website and it seems to me that the high profile of Leah's show is what caused the first victim to get in touch with her. Leah of course told her to file a report and that caused the other report to be reopened ( the one involving his ex-girlfriend) Then another victim came forward.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  She saw this, and decided it was time to say something.  And I too will wait to hear more before assuming that he is guilty, but yeah, smoke and fire.

41 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Awwww Man! If that's true I'll be super pissed about losing The Ranch because .....Sam Elliot! 

They will recast his part.   No way will they give up Sam and Aston AND a popular series!  Never.  I have not  heard of Masterson and I doubt I am alone.  He is expendable.  

I don't need proof to know Masterson did what is accused.  There is a genuine ring to this story since Leah has shined the light on so many similar horrors.  We are not talking a woman scorned but rather a woman in fear, finally seeing in Leah the help and support she has longed for.  

A&E want Leah to do another season (link somewhere stating this).   She will.  

On 2/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, spiderpig said:

I read about LMP and the custody battle with her estranged husband.  Reportedly, LMP found "hundreds of indecent photos of children" on her ex's computer. This item then said the twin girls from the Lockwood marriage were in child protective custody, generating much discussion of why they weren't simply left with LMP.

This was from the Daily Mail, which is at best a questionable source.  They did claim that LMP ran through an estimated $300 million fortune.  Most readers were betting that the bulk of this went to CO$.

Don't know where Priscilla figures into this mess.  Maybe she's busy with Tom Jones.

We have since learned the kids ARE with Priscilla.  Maybe the deal is protective custody immediately following the problem/arrest for 24 hours is routine.  Red tape must involve vetting the next of kin to take the kids.  

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

They will recast his part.   No way will they give up Sam and Aston AND a popular series!  Never.  I have not  heard of Masterson and I doubt I am alone.  He is expendable.  

I don't need proof to know Masterson did what is accused.  There is a genuine ring to this story since Leah has shined the light on so many similar horrors.  We are not talking a woman scorned but rather a woman in fear, finally seeing in Leah the help and support she has longed for.  

There may be many other victims as well.  Would Leah/A&E dare touch upon Travolta's victims too?

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

There is a genuine ring to this story since Leah has shined the light on so many similar horrors.  We are not talking a woman scorned but rather a woman in fear, finally seeing in Leah the help and support she has longed for.  

In case we needed another example of how necessary and vital Leah's show has been to taking down the CO$. Thank goodness for this show. I understand how hard it must have been to make this, but I really do hope she does more, in some form or another, in the near future. She's done so much good with this one season, just think how many more people she could help with another season.

44 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

There may be many other victims as well.  Would Leah/A&E dare touch upon Travolta's victims too?

IMO the key in Masterson's case is that the victims chose to come forward on their own, as opposed to being sought out. I would think victims of other Scientologists would have to come forward of their own will, too, before A&E/Leah would take on that can of worms. Again, just IMO.

5 hours ago, spiderpig said:

IMDB's homepage has a reference to Louis Theroux's documentary My Scientology Movie, due to be released March 10.  Anybody heard anything about it?

Yes. It sounds pretty good. Here is Louis Theroux on Joe Rogan back in September discussing it. 

5 hours ago, Twiz44 said:

Here's another disturbing article about CO$ plans for Clearwater.  Reading the comments to the article gives one a better idea of how the local folks feel about this.  Not happy at all!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-plans-control-of-downtown-clearwater-for-retail-makeover/2315501?utm_source=TBT_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daystarter&utm_email=a8ac2aa601edfa6f97ce3c3f5118f105

They need to run CO$ out of town.

9 hours ago, Twiz44 said:

Here's another disturbing article about CO$ plans for Clearwater.  Reading the comments to the article gives one a better idea of how the local folks feel about this.  Not happy at all!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-plans-control-of-downtown-clearwater-for-retail-makeover/2315501?utm_source=TBT_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daystarter&utm_email=a8ac2aa601edfa6f97ce3c3f5118f105

Horne said he is willing to allow Scientology officials to take the lead on recruiting businesses in hopes they can find the solution that has eluded city government.

That comment from Horne has me believing there is a lot of reasons it hasn't worked out over the years and CO$ is the big reason for it. It will also be the reason it fails even worse by letting them take over so much. Who in their right mind would let that crap go on or shop in places owned by them knowing full well they will be watched in the stores and out of them?

This was one of the best comments I thought: "They want to turn the entire downtown into Six Flags over Xenu!" 

When you read the comments to the article referencing "zombies" walking the streets, it's really sort of like that.  They are all dressed alike and following each other around.  It's creepy.  I agree that many people don't frequent the downtown area for that very reason.  Not only is it creepy but many of us do not want to support CO$ based businesses.  You have to do your research to find out before you shop.   It's a very uncomfortable vibe.  There are two concert venues that I'll frequent that are not affiliated with the CO$, but when the show's over, I'm outta there!  It's a beautiful area (as you can see in the photo below) with a gorgeous waterfront and it's a damn shame that it's not thriving and IMHO, it's because of the CO$.

cos.jpg

Tony Ortega has been keeping up with the Danny Masterson story. What Masterson did to those women (and likely many other women besides) is vile enough, but then for the Cherch to traumatize them further via auditing, blame, and coercion/intimidation is just unconscionable. I hope that these women can get justice somehow.

Major trigger warnings in these links -

http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/11/source-scientology-made-danny-mastersons-victim-b-search-past-lives-to-explain-being-raped/

http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/08/danny-masterson-victim-c-gets-support-from-a-veteran-actress-but-will-lapd-answer-the-call/#more-38280

And the original story here, for anyone who missed it: http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/03/lapd-probing-scientology-and-danny-masterston-for-multiple-rapes-cover-up/#more-37419

Thank you for the update.

This is so upsetting:

So on a spring day in 2004, Victim B arrived at a room at the WLC in Compton where she was greeted by Rev. Johnson, a friend of Masterson’s named Luke Watson, and Kirsten Caetano, a powerful official in Scientology’s intelligence wing, the Office of Special Affairs.

Masterson was then brought in, our source says. She explains that Victim B had been told that the Scientology executives believed that Masterson needed to hear directly from Victim B what had happened so he could “confront” it properly. He was instructed to listen quietly as Victim B recounted the incident.

She got to the point of describing when Masterson was on top of her, and she remembered reaching for a lamp, hoping to use it to hit him and knock him off. He had responded by choking her to keep her from reaching it.

And at that point in the meeting, our source says, Masterson couldn’t keep quiet.

“I loved that lamp. I didn’t want you to break it,” he joked.

Hopefully can post this here.

Rumors are surrounding Tom Cruise is hooking up with Vanessa Kirby from 'The Crown' fame.  Hopefully she is a CO$ or there is going to be more drama and heartbreak in the future for her than Princess Margaret had.

ITom Cruise just seems to me to be a very sad and confused man.  He doesn't seem like a megalomaniac.  For one thing, he doesn't seem that smart to me.  He just seems like an intense man desperate to believe in something outside of himself and willing to throw himself into it whole heartedly.  If it wasn't Scientology it would have been something else.

He just seems like a very lonely person with immense trust issues.

Just finished a book called Waiter to the Rich and Shameless, which is chock full of goss, including Tommy, Katie and Nicole.

Author says he saw early signs of trouble between Tommy and Katiebot during dinner at the thinly-disguised Polo Lounge, where Tommy was maneuvering Suri out of her chair by one arm and Katie was objecting, as in "that's no way to handle a child".  Then Tommy heads over to Bruce Willis's table in full toothy Cruise movie stah style, where Bruce pretty much ignores him.  Heeeee.

Author also served Nicole, Keith and N's parents.  He said  the parents were wonderful, but Nicole was a cold, rude witch.  Also that her face is frozen.  Another Heeeeeee.

Waiter is very clear on the celebs he likes and those he doesn't.  Now let me tippy-toe around this issue so I don't cause an uproar by mentioning politics...

Another goss site has a feature from Today Show Radio on Sirius quoting Katie about how upset Suri is about recent developments on the political scene.  I bring this up, and make it relevant to the thread, because if Suri is that upset at age 10 about current social climates (it's fine that she's aware), how must she feel on a daily basis about a father who has turned his back on her?  He's publicly made her an un-person in his life while he revels in his own divinity and playtime with Davy.

I guess muscling an entire city is more important than being a father to the daughter you marched around like a prop for the first six years of her life.

12 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Waiter is very clear on the celebs he likes and those he doesn't.  Now let me tippy-toe around this issue so I don't cause an uproar by mentioning politics...

Another goss site has a feature from Today Show Radio on Sirius quoting Katie about how upset Suri is about recent developments on the political scene.  I bring this up, and make it relevant to the thread, because if Suri is that upset at age 10 about current social climates (it's fine that she's aware), how must she feel on a daily basis about a father who has turned his back on her?  He's publicly made her an un-person in his life while he revels in his own divinity and playtime with Davy.

I guess muscling an entire city is more important than being a father to the daughter you marched around like a prop for the first six years of her life.

I never understood why he has no relationship with Suri. As a parent I can't imagine that. Even if Katie had the best divorce lawyer ever, I can't imagine a father forfeiting his rights. Does he have partial custody but doesn't use it? 

3 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I never understood why he has no relationship with Suri. As a parent I can't imagine that. Even if Katie had the best divorce lawyer ever, I can't imagine a father forfeiting his rights. Does he have partial custody but doesn't use it? 

Anybody have an answer to this question?  If Tommy were seeing Suri secretly to avoid the wrath of Davy, I'm sure we would have heard of it.  Somebody always spills.  Of course, any decent human being would have said out loud "this SP stuff is BS, and as #2 deity in this operation, I'm going to see my daughter."  But he didn't and doesn't.

His last Reacher movie tanked, not even making back production costs.  I hope it's a sign.

16 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

It might have been part of the divorce agreement Katie's dad created.  

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect someone was trying to type gossip on a smart phone.

I'm glad it was an error. All of the stupid acronyms and initials are bad enough, it would be sad if people were getting so lazy they don't add the extra syllable to a word. Lol.  

I don't mean people here, I mean all over the internet. 

I have no actual knowledge that this is true, but my understanding is that Katie is an SP and must be disconnected from.  That would make Suri a PTS (potential trouble source) because while she isn't declared as an SP she has regular contact with an SP.  That would mean in order for Tom to be able to continue getting services from Scientology he has to disconnect from her as well.  He most likely has or at least had legal rights that he waved in order to remain in good standing with Miscavige and the church.  That is why you hear all the time that he choose Scientology over Suri.  If Katie had waited a few years it's possible the church would have been able to turn Suri away from her mom like they did with Connor and Isabella.  Thank goodness she saw the writing on the wall and hit the eject button.  

I had heard that neither Katie nor Nicole were declared SP.   It's one of the reasons they are so mum about all things Tom and Scientology in the press.   Does anyone know anything specific about them being declared?  

3 minutes ago, shelley1234 said:

I had heard that neither Katie nor Nicole were declared SP.   It's one of the reasons they are so mum about all things Tom and Scientology in the press.   Does anyone know anything specific about them being declared?  

I don't know about Katie, but I thought Nicole was declared a SP that's why her kids have nothing to do with her.

3 minutes ago, shelley1234 said:

I don't know if there is paperwork declaring them SPs, but according to former Scientologists they are considered and referred to as SPs by people in the church.  I think Katie doesn't want the trouble, and she might have signed an NDA before starting a relationship with Tom. Nicole just hopes to see her kids again someday, and she knows that will never happen if she says anything.  

6 minutes ago, WInterfalls said:

I don't know if there is paperwork declaring them SPs, but according to former Scientologists they are considered and referred to as SPs by people in the church.  I think Katie doesn't want the trouble, and she might have signed an NDA before starting a relationship with Tom. Nicole just hopes to see her kids again someday, and she knows that will never happen if she says anything.  

I heard on the radio the other day that Katie was caught out with Jamie Foxx.  I guess they've been secretly dating for almost 5 years.  During the gossip portion of the radio show, there is speculation that they might go public with their relationship when their 5 year anniversary hits.  Why now?  Because people think that when she signed her divorce papers there might've been a clause that prevented her from being in a public relationship for a certain # of years post-divorce.

2 hours ago, WInterfalls said:

I have no actual knowledge that this is true, but my understanding is that Katie is an SP and must be disconnected from.  That would make Suri a PTS (potential trouble source) because while she isn't declared as an SP she has regular contact with an SP.  That would mean in order for Tom to be able to continue getting services from Scientology he has to disconnect from her as well.  He most likely has or at least had legal rights that he waved in order to remain in good standing with Miscavige and the church.  That is why you hear all the time that he choose Scientology over Suri.  If Katie had waited a few years it's possible the church would have been able to turn Suri away from her mom like they did with Connor and Isabella.  Thank goodness she saw the writing on the wall and hit the eject button.  

I have to think that Tom Cruise could do whatever he wanted to do in this regard and Miscaviage would go along with it.  He's not going to mess with his biggest star by making him clean bathrooms with a toothbrush like he did Remini.  I blame Tom completely. 

22 minutes ago, deaja said:

I have to think that Tom Cruise could do whatever he wanted to do in this regard and Miscaviage would go along with it.  He's not going to mess with his biggest star by making him clean bathrooms with a toothbrush like he did Remini.  I blame Tom completely. 

100% Tom is to blame for his lack of relationship with Suri.  I'm not sure Miscavige would just go along with whatever Tom said though.  He's a dictator after all and they don't like to be challenged.  Of course he wouldn't do menial punishments, but he could say Tom if you don't do this then you won't be able to move up the bridge and get those super powers we keep promising you.  It would be his "crime" that would keep him from progressing.  Stupid for sure but in his megalomaniac mind what is his daughter compared to super powers?  

43 minutes ago, WInterfalls said:

Stupid for sure but in his megalomaniac mind what is his daughter compared to super powers?  

Well, doesn't that say so much about TC?  (Assuming all this is true, of course.)