Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Sing Me A Song

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I know!  How can it be?  In the iron scene everyone was just standing around watching.  Carl had the bat.  All the kneeling and kowtowing is ridiculous.  So many wasted opportunities.

On TTD JDM said something about how the next few years will be fun.  Years???  I was counting on Negan being removed by the end of this season, if not before.  Most of the CDB crew are ready to take him on singlehandedly.  You mean no one is going to do anything for years???  Way to burst my bubble, show.  (I hope that isn't considered a spoiler.  He could be killed off next week for all we know.)

Also on TTD the actress who plays Olivia said she really hauled off and smacked JDM.  Tell me, where does the line form?  I'm so sick of him already, the mid season break will be a relief.

I wonder how JDM felt about being full on hammered by Olivia.  It's not like he's totally method like Andrew Lincoln - he talks about razzing AL for never coming out of character.  Sounds like JDM is just an easygoing guy.

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Thank you smart, capable, badass Michonne for making an appearance.

These hour and a half episodes are pointless.

When Negan was sitting on the porch, holding Judith, yaking away (that idiot just will not shut up), Olivia should have shot him in the head from behind.

Am I really supposed to believe that Carl would have a machine gun and only kill two people?  Either Carl is a serial killer in the making, a crack shot, or a liability.  Make up your mind writers.

The guy with Rick and the guy with FPP are interchangeable.  I can't remember who is who anymore.  It's annoying that Glenn is dead, and other useless characters are still alive.

Do me a favor Rosita, don't waste your one bullet, put a bullet in Eugene's head.  I'm tired of the way he talks to, and I'm mean.

What is the point of Jesus being able to sneak around everywhere, and have mad ninja skills, if he is never going to bother doing anything?

The reason men like Stalin, Hitler, Castro, the Khamer Rouge, the Congo are successful is because they are backed up by people that are monsters just like them.  When Negan's men had guns pointed at everyone's heads, it made sense for them to be leary of doing anything.  Those thirty or so people who stood by and watched while Negan burned that man's face are cowards, or am I supposed to believe there are hundreds of men with guns that follow Negan, but are never seen?

I will admit I didn't know who was in the truck with Rick when he woke up.  I thought - "Glenn, Abe, Daryl?  No, no, no.  No one's left, I hate it!".  I didn't recognize Aaron's voice or back.  It's time to get the band back together.

Has Carl done much shooting since he lost his eye?  Maybe he's still adjusting.  And I think I figured out why they're keeping Carl's long flowing locks.  It's to eventually cover the eye hole when his bandage comes off.  Too bad Michonne didn't steal the governor's eye patch when she put him down.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

With what gun? 

No, but seriously. She could have whacked him over the head with something good and hard. Then once he was unconscious, take the baby away, and slit his throat open. Take him out and bury him in the woods and act like you have no idea what happened after he left ASZ. Actually, some of these people are smart enough, they could stage something that draws attention away from them. Negan's goons are too stupid to give it much thought. And, anyhow, I'd wager most of them would be too busy exhaling a collective sigh of relief, to worry about HOW he met his maker. 

I wish we'd see them at least thinking of something.  Olivia had the courage to slap him across the face for suggesting sex, yet can't raise a finger when her life is in danger?  Even Scarlett O'Hara managed to kill a man, and she was wearing a corset and petticoats.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

With what gun? 

No, but seriously. She could have whacked him over the head with something good and hard. Then once he was unconscious, take the baby away, and slit his throat open. Take him out and bury him in the woods and act like you have no idea what happened after he left ASZ. Actually, some of these people are smart enough, they could stage something that draws attention away from them. Negan's goons are too stupid to give it much thought. And, anyhow, I'd wager most of them would be too busy exhaling a collective sigh of relief, to worry about HOW he met his maker. 

That scene was so begging for Olivia to smack Negan in the head from behind, while Carl simultaneously stabs Negan in the neck (with a knife he snagged while giving Negan the tour) then tells Negan as he is dying, "I told you you should have killed me.  I learned to cry on cue a long time ago."  Instead we get more of Negan talking.

When Negan took Carl to his bedroom, I thought where are Rick and his teeth when you need 'em.

Can Michonne just take over and run thangs?

If Judith had ripped Negan's neck out with her teeth while Negan was holding her, she would have become my favorite character.  Speaking of which, where is my Tiger.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

No, but seriously. She could have whacked him over the head with something good and hard. Then once he was unconscious, take the baby away, and slit his throat open.

She could have. I can't say what I would have done in her place, and someone who starts crying hysterically at a rather oblique insult isn't the type to go on the offensive, IMO. I really don't know, but I kind of doubt people are knocked completely unconscious as cleanly and as easily as they always are in movies/TV, except when someone wants more gore. I mean, Abe was bashed over the head with a baseball bat by a man using all his strength and still wasn't out.

25 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Olivia had the courage to slap him across the face for suggesting sex, yet can't raise a finger when her life is in danger? 

And in this case, Carl's life and the baby's. I guess the suggestion of sex was more distressing and enraging to her than the threat of murder.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that we didn't see what Jesus was up to the entire time Carl was getting a tour of the sanctuary? We see him on the truck/trailer thing as they leave, but what was he doing the whole time? Did he get any intel? I would have found whatever Jesus was doing 10 times more interesting than seeing Negan's room of 5 wives or watching Dwight and Sherri smoke in the stairwell again. 

And, isn't Jesus hot??? He's got a heavy coat, a beanie, gloves....what the fuck? Does he have psoriasis or something? How can that be comfortable? 

<snip>

<snip>

So it's clear that Olivia is the new Grimes babysitter. What a downgrade from Carol. I'd settle for Father Gabriel. But he's busy schooling Spencer on what a "shit" he is. Thank God someone finally said it!

<snip>

I think Jesus and Negan look ridiculously hot, as did my poor Tyreese.  I understand they want to use iconic comic looks for these characters, but let them wear normal clothes after a while.  Rick's not still going around in sheriff's deputy gear.  Rosita got to cover her ass cheeks and midriff.  Why do they still show Negan in his red scarf and leather jacket?  Why did Tyreese eternally wear his knit hat with a hole, and his holey long sleeve pink shirt?  It's pathetic.  And it takes me out of the scene worrying that the actors are going to drop from heat stroke. 

And Jesus's whereabouts drove me crazy.  He was smart enough not to drive into Saviorville in the truck, yet hops back onto it and just lays there for an hour or two?  Roasting in the sun.  And then when dumbass Daryl does his rubbernecking to let all and sundry know that something of great interest is happening on top of that truck, the camera finally pans and lets us know Jesus is miraculously gone - with nothing around him to have jumped onto.  I guess he's part arachnid and shot a web out of his wrist and just sailed away?

And if the producers ever read anything I write, please cut Daryl's disgusting grease-chunked hair!  It was stupid enough before, but now he goes around like Reek, and Reek didn't have to peak through chocolate brown grease strings.  It puts comedy into Daryl's servitude, which I'm sure is not their intent.  I'm trying to like this guy.  Help me!

4 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I still have no idea why that was a 90 minute episode or however minutes that translates out to minus the interminable commercials.   Did we learn anything at all that we didn't already know or hadn't already been told multiple times?  Oh, I guess that Negan thinks that running water and carpet are really awesome.  Otherwise all this episode did was yet again demonstrate how it makes no sense whatsoever that all of these people are just dumbly following along either being part of his harem or giving up their wives and girlfriends to him instead of taking the back of his head off with that stupid bat.  I also have no idea if I'm supposed to feel bad for characters like Sherry and Dwight or see them as part of the overall villain conglomerate likely to eventually end up on the business end of a machine gun or flambed if and when Team CDB finally get their shit together or if it even matters.

So was Jesus just hanging out on the top of the truck the entire time Carl was taking the nickel tour of Chez Negan?  I agree with everyone else that I have yet to see any reason for why this character is hyped as much as I'm told he is.  Most of his screen time has been spent being completely noncommittal and trying to keep from being seen, with a few high flying karate kicks at zombies or people who didn't actually mean him any harm thrown in for good measure.  And it still makes absolutely no sense to me that it didn't occur to a single person in Rick's wrecking crew or at Hilltop to maybe try this reconnaissance mission before they all went a murderin' at the satellite outpost.  The fact that it's apparently that easy to hitch a ride in to look around now just makes them all look even dumber.

Please tell me we're not expected to believe Rosita and Eugene went on that entire sojourn for him to make a single bullet for her.   I can sort of get all the various lone wolves in this episode not running any of their plans by Rick at this point since he seems cowed enough to be just as likely to hand that single bullet over as he is to do anything else but maybe they should be talking to each other a little bit and acknowledging that if that single bullet doesn't fire for some reason that it's likely to be taken out on another group member.

I think the actor portraying Dwight is doing a good job of portraying his torment and conflict.  I'm just not feeling it for Sherry - at all.  She constantly smart mouths and insults Negan, knowing she will never face the consequences.  Apparently, she has no problem knowing Dwight will be punished instead.  I don't think the actress is capable enough to show any conflict.  Instead she seems totally hot for Negan, and then denigrates him to ease her guilt.  I'm assuming Dwight will finally get sick of it all, and join forces with CDB.  I will root for him then, but only if he saves our people and dies valiantly.  The actor is good, but he's got CDB blood on his hands.

I completely agree on the second paragraph.  Most posters seem appeased by slaughtering people who are asleep in their beds because there were polaroids of smashed heads.  How in the world do we know those aren't pictures of their murdered loved ones, hanging there to torture them?  It's Negan's style.  I love Rick. he's one of my favorites, but that was a disastrous decision, and they are now reaping what they sowed.  To me, that was crossing a line, and I'm tired of it being painted as a noble act.

I am completely gun ignorant, but I think Eugene could only make on bullet because there was only one shell casing.

• Love 6

Who is that baby?  These are all pod people! I don't know who most of them are.  For all I know, that guy Shump from Woodbury is still wandering around in scenes.

Way too many people.  Rosita needs  one bullet times 100.  In fact, this episode  should have been titled "Make.Me.A.Bullet".   She delivered her lines more believably than Negan did his.  Stupid big headed rickety looking dumb ass. 

• Love 3

Spencer is indeed a piece of shit but I don't blame him at all for resenting Rick. He was living in a house of cards and it was bound to fall, but damn if Rick and his band of plague people didn't hasten the collapse. 

Also, before Gabriel began wearing big boy underwear he wasn't too happy with Rick either.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And Jesus's whereabouts drove me crazy.  He was smart enough not to drive into Saviorville in the truck, yet hops back onto it and just lays there for an hour or two?  Roasting in the sun.  And then when dumbass Daryl does his rubbernecking to let all and sundry know that something of great interest is happening on top of that truck, the camera finally pans and lets us know Jesus is miraculously gone - with nothing around him to have jumped onto.  I guess he's part arachnid and shot a web out of his wrist and just sailed away?

This made me laugh uncontrollably at my desk! My coworker thinks I am nuts :)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Spencer is indeed a piece of shit but I don't blame him at all for resenting Rick.

From his point of view, he had a family, a home and as good a life as possible in a ZA, before Rick and his Plague showed up. I'd probably feel the same way he does. None of that lessens my dislike of him. In fact, the only person I'm finding likable in the least in this whole season (and maybe last season too) is Eugene. I really don't care what happens to anyone else.

And then when dumbass Daryl does his rubbernecking to let all and sundry know that something of great interest is happening on top of that truck, the camera finally pans and lets us know Jesus is miraculously gone

I don't think I've seen a character on any show  so thoroughly and completely decimated the way Daryl has been.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

I think they should have spun off all these other shows: Carol's Place, Daryl's Hair Salon, Negan's Batting Cage and Shirt&Face Presser, Jesus's Magic Shop, The Place by The Sea, and, of course, Rick's 'Capades. All you would need is about 5 or 6 shows a season for each. Then for the season end-er you could have one big honkin' crossover episode. Let everyone kill everyone else. Finito.

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The reason men like Stalin, Hitler, Castro, the Khamer Rouge, the Congo are successful is because they are backed up by people that are monsters just like them.  When Negan's men had guns pointed at everyone's heads, it made sense for them to be leary of doing anything.  Those thirty or so people who stood by and watched while Negan burned that man's face are cowards, or am I supposed to believe there are hundreds of men with guns that follow Negan, but are never seen?

It's a serious problem. There are no happy campers alongside Negan. I noticed in a previous episode when Negan was inquiring about Maggie and the nature of widows, his crony behind him looked sullen. That is not normal. If Dwight is a metaphor for all his bodyguards, Negan should have been dead a long time ago. The only Saviors who look somewhat chipper are those marauding around countryside/DC metro area (hah!).

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Spencer is indeed a piece of shit but I don't blame him at all for resenting Rick. He was living in a house of cards and it was bound to fall, but damn if Rick and his band of plague people didn't hasten the collapse. 

My only issue with this is - ASZ invited them in. It's not like CDB stumbled across their community and decided to scale the walls and start running shit. Deanna wanted them, and she wanted them for a reason. She encouraged Rick, in a myriad of ways, not the least of which was killing the man who accidentally killed her husband. So Spencer should save some of his righteous indignation for his mother, who sought these people out. 

12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't even know how to pronounce Jesus's name.  Is it like Jesus Christ, or Haysoos? 

The former. Geez-iss. 

• Love 7

Enid lived with Olivia in her apartment when Enid first arrived in Alexandria.  That's why Olivia was concerned.  I think later she moved in with Maggie and Glen?

• Love 3

I'm still following what happens but when I read sex slavery, torture, etc. I really wonder why I even bother.

If Michonne is humiliated in any way or shape by VoldeDouche or enters his harem, I won't have to wonder anymore. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

This. A baby will never cheat on him or betray him, and is totally dependent on him. A baby doesn't need to be broken because she has no ego, and she's completely moldable. And omfg so adorable--I still think she should get an Emmy for back in season two when she was playing with those cups. Also, Negan thinks he's a nice guywho only enforces rules when other people push him until there's simply no other option but to beat them to death, iron their face, or marry him. I think baby killer would go against the moral code he thinks he has.

I completely agree with everything you say here, except Judith was a tiny fetus in season two.  I'll nominate her for an Emmy in any scene involving Tyreese.

4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Can some one tell me what happened at the end? Someone who was either Aaron, Spencer, or Justin Timberlake whistled and some bald guy opened a gate.  Where were they?   Who are these people?  

I will admit to be confused, too.  I'm not quite sure what happened in any of Spencer's scenes.  He went into the woods looking for something.  Did he already know there was a crossbow up there?  He just happened upon the note, and he just happened to know Latin?  And then he's going to turn over 100% of those supplies to Negan to spite Rick?  I think Spencer whistled and Gabriel opened the gate.  All that was missing was a "ta-da".  Are Rosita and Gabriel going to let Spencer give all those supplies away?  Why??

44 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't even know how to pronounce Jesus's name.  Is it like Jesus Christ, or Haysoos? 

Like Jesus Christ.

• Love 1

Do you really want Daryl preparing your cheese plate? Gross!

So is Sherry into having sex with Negan? Is that what we were supposed to take away from the kiss between them? I guess I can't blame her, he is a huge step up from her nasty husband.

Rosita and her plan are stupid but I hate Eugene and the way he talks so I don't mind her taking shit to him.

Anyway, will someone please peal Jesus's fake beard off his face because it looks ridiculous! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

JDM was on Howard Stern last week (and he was really cute and funny. He has an animal sanctuary in Rhinebeck, NY, where he and Paul Rudd co-own a candy store) and he mentioned how much Negan never shuts up too. Said he was pretty daunted when he received the very first script with Negan in it.

That's it.  I'm officially forever in love with JDM.

• Love 13

Other than being with Abe and having questionable fashion sense, we know nothing about Rosita, right? I mean, there's been no back story?

Meanwhile, we haven't seen Carol and Morgan for what seems like months.

And we saw Tara after not seeing her for months, only for us to lose sight of her again.

And poor FPP - he seems to be becoming an interesting character, but we're lucky if he gets 2-3 lines per every other episode.

Yet, we have these "oh-so-special" 90 minute episodes but what, exactly, do we know that we didn't know?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, grumpypanda said:

Do you really want Daryl preparing your cheese plate? Gross!

So is Sherry into having sex with Negan? Is that what we were supposed to take away from the kiss between them? I guess I can't blame her, he is a huge step up from her nasty husband.

Rosita and her plan are stupid but I hate Eugene and the way he talks so I don't mind her taking shit to him.

Anyway, will someone please peal Jesus's fake beard off his face because it looks ridiculous! 

Believe it or not, that is actually his real beard. And real hair. He was on Talking Dead a few weeks ago and mentioned that he grew his hair and beard out for this season so he wouldn't have to wear a wig/fake-stachebeard.

19 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'll nominate (Judith) for an Emmy in any scene involving Tyreese.

Except the scene where Tyreese allowed the man who was going to break her neck live, and he even lied to keep anyone from finding out that he did leave the Judith-neck-breaker alive, because, well - that's just the kind of sweet guy he was. You dodged a bullet there, Judith, no thanks to T.

14 minutes ago, grumpypanda said:

Of course she is, and probably glad it's not ol' Waffle Face. That reminds me - I totally zone out when Sherry and Dwight are smoking and talking in the stairwell. I was so zoned (and bored) I couldn't even muster up the motivation to FF. We know in real life, he'd be wanting to know how Negan's package compares with his. Maybe he did, but their conversations are all a blur to me.

29 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I completely agree with everything you say here, except Judith was a tiny fetus in season two.  I'll nominate her for an Emmy in any scene involving Tyreese.

I will admit to be confused, too.  I'm not quite sure what happened in any of Spencer's scenes.  He went into the woods looking for something.  Did he already know there was a crossbow up there?  He just happened upon the note, and he just happened to know Latin?  And then he's going to turn over 100% of those supplies to Negan to spite Rick?  I think Spencer whistled and Gabriel opened the gate.  All that was missing was a "ta-da".  Are Rosita and Gabriel going to let Spencer give all those supplies away?  Why??

Like Jesus Christ.

It wasn't Gabriel opening the gate. I believe it was a Savior by the way he was looking at them. Even Rosita says they are here.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lmsweb said:

Yup, and I was so not happy when they announced the remake last year. This looks more like a reboot than a remake though.

Tommy Cruise needed a costar closer to his own age.

And now, back to our show...

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

It wasn't Gabriel opening the gate. I believe it was a Savior by the way he was looking at them. Even Rosita says they are here.

I thought Rosita was reacting to seeing Negan's truck and chauffer there, but it was a little confusing, so I should re-watch that part.  It seemed pretty atypical compared to when Negan was "there" before, as in arrived to poach with several trucks and bullies. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm just not feeling it for Sherry - at all.  She constantly smart mouths and insults Negan, knowing she will never face the consequences.  Apparently, she has no problem knowing Dwight will be punished instead.  I don't think the actress is capable enough to show any conflict.  Instead she seems totally hot for Negan, and then denigrates him to ease her guilt.

Her disgust for him came across to me. She's "married" to him to keep herself and her real husband alive, and she's not enjoying this shit one bit. She pushes back on him because she knows he respects that, at least from women and children - it's why he likes Carl, it's why he liked when Olivia slapped him. Of course it's also largely because he doesn't see them as real threats the way he does other men. He smacks any man down immediately. And that respect he has for her lets her try to make things a bit better for others, as when she pleaded for Marie.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Her disgust for him came across to me. She's "married" to him to keep herself and her real husband alive, and she's not enjoying this shit one bit. She pushes back on him because she knows he respects that, at least from women and children - it's why he likes Carl, it's why he liked when Olivia slapped him. Of course it's also largely because he doesn't see them as real threats the way he does other men. He smacks any man down immediately. And that respect he has for her lets her try to make things a bit better for others, as when she pleaded for Marie.

I guess.  But she definitely knows Dwight will suffer from her attitude.  She doesn't seem to care, other than to lend him an occasional cigarette.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, millennium said:

The ad breaks have made this show damn near unwatchable (even more so than Negan).   It reminds me of trying to read a website while having to swat pop-ups.   I watch on DVR but every 3-5 minutes I'm having to fast forward.   It gets old quickly.

No kidding. I FF through 4 minutes of ads for every 4 minutes of show. Some of the ads for some other show are so long I stop, wondering if they are actually part of THIS show. I wonder how the obnoxious, vulgar advertisers like knowing we don't have to sit through their crap anymore.

• Love 1

I had to laugh when Negan looked at Carl and said "respect" about all his men. Because you, sir, are delusional. 

I can buy that the dead roam the earth, and that society crumbled, and that people think they have a license to be outlaws. Ok. But I just can't buy that Negan has all those people under his thumb. I could buy that he had 3 or 4 hardcore followers and they keep a lot of people in check, but this? It's ridiculous no one has taken a shot at him. Beyond ridiculous. 

I actually didn't mind the scene with Carl and Negan alone. All I know from the comics is that Negan is around for a while, but I don't find that sustainable on a tv show. I think Carl/Negan furthers my theory that Carl is going to be the one to take him out. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My only issue with this is - ASZ invited them in. It's not like CDB stumbled across their community and decided to scale the walls and start running shit. Deanna wanted them, and she wanted them for a reason. She encouraged Rick, in a myriad of ways, not the least of which was killing the man who accidentally killed her husband. So Spencer should save some of his righteous indignation for his mother, who sought these people out. 

Yes, ASZ invited them in, but I don't think that Deanna and the rest counted on CDB completely taking over; I think she thought of them as sorely-needed "muscle" but things got out of control, mainly because of Rick's crazy ass fueled by lusting after Jessie, and ASZ was screwed.  Sure ASZ would have eventually met their fates anyway, but Rick and CDB definitely hastened it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I guess.  But she definitely knows Dwight will suffer from her attitude.  She doesn't seem to care, other than to lend him an occasional cigarette.  

I could understand Sherry's attitude if Dwight handed her over to Negan to save himself, but that isn't what happened.

35 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I had to laugh when Negan looked at Carl and said "respect" about all his men. Because you, sir, are delusional. 

I can buy that the dead roam the earth, and that society crumbled, and that people think they have a license to be outlaws. Ok. But I just can't buy that Negan has all those people under his thumb. I could buy that he had 3 or 4 hardcore followers and they keep a lot of people in check, but this? It's ridiculous no one has taken a shot at him. Beyond ridiculous. 

I actually didn't mind the scene with Carl and Negan alone. All I know from the comics is that Negan is around for a while, but I don't find that sustainable on a tv show. I think Carl/Negan furthers my theory that Carl is going to be the one to take him out. 

I want Carl, Maggie, or Michonne to kill Negan precisely because he does arrogantly believe that he doesn't have to take them seriously.

13 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, ASZ invited them in, but I don't think that Deanna and the rest counted on CDB completely taking over; I think she thought of them as sorely-needed "muscle" but things got out of control, mainly because of Rick's crazy ass fueled by lusting after Jessie, and ASZ was screwed.  Sure ASZ would have eventually met their fates anyway, but Rick and CDB definitely hastened it. 

This is why in a ZA everyone needs to learn to defend themselves and provide their own muscle.  When you count on someone else to fight your battles for you, there are a thousand different ways it can go wrong.

• Love 4

I haven't ready the entire thread yet, so I apologize if some of these things were brought up already...

Why would Eugene go to all the trouble of making a SINGLE bullet for Rosita? Shouldn't he have cranked out as many as he could? 

Why were the speed bump zombies intact and Michonne hadn't beheaded them (as usual) like we saw her do with the one in the opening scene? They actually looked comparatively "fresh" by zombie standards. 

I'm still confused about Spencer finding that hunter out in the woods with the crossbow. Did he somehow get bitten while he was up there in the tree or did he die of starvation and "turn" without being bitten? 

I was disappointed Olivia hadn't poisoned Negan's lemonade and brought him a single glass. She didn't realize at that point that he was holding Judith, although I could imagine him giving the baby a sip. There were so many missed opportunities to take him out! 

• Love 1

Rosita only had the single shell, so he could only make one bullet. Never mind that Eugene brought up making bullets awhile ago and could have gone out with people to scrounge up a bunch of shells though. 

• Love 2

I swear, I like JDM, but no one can make Negan and his endless monologues sound interesting. The one time I actually got behind this guy, it was his scene talking to Carl about his eye, and starts apologizing for making him cry. He actually seemed like a kind of interesting character, who delusionally thought he was being the better guy there. I could almost see what they were trying to do with Negan. But, the rest of the time, he just seems like a overgrown gym teacher who rules through annoyance and terribly humor. 

I am also so sick of all of these split ups with the cast. I get that they have about 1099 characters these days, but it would be nice to actually see more than two of them at a time. But, I guess we have to leave time for more Negan rambling. Hazzah. 

So many people hate this guy, all someone has to do is stab him! Thats it! And its over! His idiots will probably scatter, as they seem to be more of a really lame cult than a society, and this whole thing will end! Oy!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

When Negan took Carl to his bedroom, I thought where are Rick and his teeth when you need 'em.

Can Michonne just take over and run thangs?

She isn't a leader. And if Michonne was in charge, they would fight back and all die

• Love 3

IMO, it will be Carl who kills Negan. It HAS to be. Negan has bonded with him. It would be the ultimate betrayal and it will also lead to future story lines between Rick and Carl. I have always felt that Carl will be the next leader, but he will have to break from his father to do that. He now has first hand knowledge of how others operate and lead (for the good and bad). I always felt that Rick was overly arrogant at the end of last season and he put them in great danger due to the hubris. I mean, he was a cop, doesn't he know how to do a stakeout to check out the enemy? Ezekeiel came across as more savvy than Rick.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Rosita only had the single shell, so he could only make one bullet.

Thanks for the clarification, I know NOTHING about bullets, shells, cartridges, etc. or how they're made. 

Also, where IS Enid supposed to be anyway? I lost track of her outside the Saviors compound after she and Carl shared their first kiss. I figured she had skated her way back to ASZ alone, but Carl's comment to Olivia that she was "okay" made me think she wasn't there. 

7 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Yeah, I think Negan was a high school jock who was disappointed when life didn't hand him fortune and all the pussy he could handle. He went from teenage 'star' to boring middle aged man (car salesman or gym teacher, either works)  in a flash, but never forgot his stupid 'glory days'. He's not well educated, he's not terribly smart, he's crude and gross,  but he's absolutely stunningly confident in his ability to lead. (Sounds all too familiar, which one of a bajillion reasons I can't fathom why anyone finds this guy interesting or attractive in any way). So somehow, when the ZA happened, he decided, oh no, i'm not gonna be a little impotent man anymore and he and his stupid bat, which I'm pretty sure he somehow masturbates with,  somehow managed to get the upper hand with some stupid schmoes and 'reinvent' himself as someone he thinks is cool and powerful. There is literally nothing not gross about this guy.

So essentially, Biff Tannen from Back to the Future?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Jesus and Negan look ridiculously hot, as did my poor Tyreese.

*Whew!* Took me a second to figure out that you mean "warm.":p Well, I do think Negan is hot - in the other sense of the word, but it's a dilemma since the writers make him talk and act like a cartoon. Anyway, I never know what the weather is there, because we have scenes with one person sweating in a tank top and another bundled up as though expecting snow.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I was disappointed Olivia hadn't poisoned Negan's lemonade and brought him a single glass.

Assuming she had some sort of fast-acting poison sitting around, knew the correct dosage and could be sure it wouldn't be detected before he keeled over, and that he wouldn't make her or Carl test it first.  I'm no hero either and I'd probably be just like Olivia, only I'd have skipped the slap!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, riverheightsnancy said:

IMO, it will be Carl who kills Negan. It HAS to be. Negan has bonded with him. It would be the ultimate betrayal and it will also lead to future story lines between Rick and Carl. I have always felt that Carl will be the next leader, but he will have to break from his father to do that. He now has first hand knowledge of how others operate and lead (for the good and bad). I always felt that Rick was overly arrogant at the end of last season and he put them in great danger due to the hubris. I mean, he was a cop, doesn't he know how to do a stakeout to check out the enemy? Ezekeiel came across as more savvy than Rick.  

These scenarios would be interesting to me.  I can see Negan being fascinated by the one eyed kid who killed his men, told him he shot his mother in the head when she was dying so she wouldn't turn, and keeps telling Negan he should kill him, he is foolish for keeping him alive.  I think it would feed Negan's ego and arrogance to take Carl away from Rick, Darryl, Michonne, etc. (the people who really care about Carl), and turn Carl into his mini me.  If the next episode had this happening, with Carl putting several bullets into Negan's head during one of his idiotic monolgues, I might want to continue watching.  If not, I really need for the Tiger to make an appearance.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I swear, I like JDM, but no one can make Negan and his endless monologues sound interesting. The one time I actually got behind this guy, it was his scene talking to Carl about his eye, and starts apologizing for making him cry. He actually seemed like a kind of interesting character, who delusionally thought he was being the better guy there. I could almost see what they were trying to do with Negan. But, the rest of the time, he just seems like a overgrown gym teacher who rules through annoyance and terribly humor. 

• Love 5