Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Swear

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

Floated down the Potomac? IDK. The geography on this show never makes sense anyway. They are supposed to be in Alexandria, VA an incredibly developed and populated area. It's not a dinky suburb. 

I don't think they are supposed to be in Alexandria Virginia.  They are in the Alexandria housing development...not sure if they are still in Georgia, but I would think so.

One of the things I DID like about the episode was the nod to Lucio Fulci.  A few of those walkers looked straight out of the movie "Zombie" - one even looked like the "we are going to eat you!" Zombie from the movie poster.

Did anyone else notice all the bullet casings in the sand when Tara made the worst Jenga move ever and disturbed the sand pile? A slice of hamfisted foreshadowing, anyone?  BTW, that whole scenario with the sand pile... don't tell me... let me guess.  The omnipresent and omniscient Saviors put all the bridge dwellers in a group and dumped the sand on them for shits and giggles.  OR was that revealed during the Chris Hardwick Hour?

How much do we need to suspend our disbelief about the reach of the Savior's empire?  Apparently, they have hundreds of sadistic murderers who have no problem killing kids and eliminating survivor camps of all of the testosterone.  It's not a matter of if the inhabitants of Estrogen Island will be discovered, but when.  I fully expect to see an upcoming episode with Negan gazing into a large crystal ball and leering at Cyndie, cackling maniacally and sending a swarm of flying monkeys to snatch her up as his latest "smoking hot" wife.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, BloatedGuppy said:

Speaking of Masterson, an actress getting pregnant and rapidly gaining weight when she stars in a show about survival in a post-apocalyptic world where food is scarce and many of her co-stars are skin and bones is problematic from an immersion point of view.

Exactly, and I don't see this as body shaming.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I don't think they are supposed to be in Alexandria Virginia.  They are in the Alexandria housing development...not sure if they are still in Georgia, but I would think so.

They're in the vicinity of Alexandria.  The cast is still filming in GA, but as far as I know, the setting is supposed to be in the region around Washington DC.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

They're in the vicinity of Alexandria.  The cast is still filming in GA, but as far as I know, the setting is supposed to be in the region around Washington DC.

Unless I missed something, they are supposed to be in or near Alexandria VA. I think when Rick and crew were about to get to Alexandria the first time (when Abe was driving the RV) there was a scene in the distance of Washington DC.

Yes, filming is still in Georgia, and the ocean scenes were shot near St Simon's Island, which is in Georgia's coast, just north of Jacksonville, FL.

No matter how you cut it, it is incredibly stupid that Alexandria didn't know about these other groups. Yes, they were not the sharpest knives in the drawer when Rick showed up, but Aaron's sole job was to scout for people. Yet, he didn't seem to know about the Wolves, Hilltop, the Lion King or Gilligan's Island. If he were a boyscout, I'd ask to get all his badges back. Really, seriously, that is so dumb as to almost ruin the show for me. (And that's before I think about all the other fuck-ups this show has made.)

Think about this one thing: Spencer and his brother (and the semi-friend of Glenn, the knew who went dumpster diving) were all pretty much wimps. Yet, they went on runs. Now, if they even caught wind of any of the others (even if it was Negan's D team), they would have gone running back to Mommy, screaming like little girls. Yet, no. No one saw anything...of ANY of these other people. Yet, these groups are living so close to one another they should all be part of the same home-owners association.

But what's odd is TPTB gave us a few clues about the Wolves. Yet, that group was dispensed with so quickly. I think what happened is that the writers knew what was coming with Negan, and they couldn't keep Kirkman from coming in his jeans, so they didn't have time to drop the little hints that they would/should have. But that's me giving the writers some credit, and I don't like doing that.

Edited by JackONeill
Believe it or not, yesterday and yet are two different words
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Tara should be killed off because she's not very compelling and the cast is becoming large.   Rosita could have carried that episode better.  The actress's delivery of the snarky lines was cringeworthy.  I have no idea why she's still on the show. 

I will say that it's annoying that Eugene still looks so tubby being on the run all the time.  Chubby characters on a show that has people scavenging for three cans of vegetables in two weeks does bug me.  Overweight may be the norm, but not in that world.  And yes, I expect prettier and fitter people than me on tv, especially on a show about survival.   The solution was to not have a weak actress carry an hour show where she (who was previously a clutz) was evading multiple captors (in noticeably better shape).  It just didn't work for me.  

Thinner maybe but prettier and fitter?  I don't know what you look like but I would hope that I would look better and healthier than people who have been living in a zombie apocalypse for the last few years.    

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

ANOTHER new group? So now we have ASZ, the Saviors, Hilltop, The Kingdom, and Oceanside. How did none of these groups know about each other, yet the Saviors have come across all of them? Next week - a feral kid group, living in caves. 

I can buy that.  The Saviors (and to a lesser extent ASZ) are actively looking for survivors.  The other communities not so much. 

30 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

ASZ is in Alexandria VA.  We got a shot of DC when they first arrived in Alexandria.

I'll be the dissenting voice and say that I enjoyed this episode.  Tara was a fun character to focus on.  My favorite part was how dejected she looked when her fist bump wasn't returned.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Michel said:

What I didn't get, though, was why Kathy and Beatrice were sent with her.  Were they going to kill her all along?  And if so, how did Tara figure that out so quickly?  It seemed a bit random to me.

That was my guess. Woodbury did the same thing, with the leader offering the new arrivals the choice to leave at any time, but not to return. We got to see Michonne sent off, and, from Andrea's (and the town's) point of view she went and would have lived happily ever after, just as many before her had. Of course, we saw what really happened, and how she was almost immediately ambushed, and would have been killed, except it was Michonne, and she was more than they bargained for. Same with Oceanside and Tara, except in this case I guess Cindy knew what was up, and helped out Tara. Come to think of it, Carol has been sent packing, either by her own choice or not, from the prison, Alexandria, and now the Kingdom. Did we ever find out what became of the exiles from Alexandria under Deanna? Did they become the wolves?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

That was my guess. Woodbury did the same thing, with the leader offering the new arrivals the choice to leave at any time, but not to return. We got to see Michonne sent off, and, from Andrea's (and the town's) point of view she went and would have lived happily ever after, just as many before her had. Of course, we saw what really happened, and how she was almost immediately ambushed, and would have been killed, except it was Michonne, and she was more than they bargained for. Same with Oceanside and Tara, except in this case I guess Cindy knew what was up, and helped out Tara. Come to think of it, Carol has been sent packing, either by her own choice or not, from the prison, Alexandria, and now the Kingdom. Did we ever find out what became of the exiles from Alexandria under Deanna? Did they become the wolves?

Groups sent into exile from Alexandria were dropped off a certain distance with enough food for a day according to Aaron. They were not killed. Which is very stupid but seems to have worked because no one has ever come back for revenge. They were pretty much Mayberry before Rick and The Plague showed up.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this episode and liked the new group. I wonder if they will show up again.

12 hours ago, JackONeill said:

I reckon that's where Rick will happen "to find" some guns. But will he ask?

Please keep Rick's ass far far away from these ladies. Please!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

All I could think when Tara was galloping around was "ouch"! Tara, sweetheart, I know well-made foundation garments are scarce now, but please try and find a lingerie store somewhere and get a better bra.

You should see Roberta on Z Nation. She and her girls will give Tara and her girls a run for their money LOL

Having binge watched season 1 over the holidays, I thought Oceanside was intentionally all female (Z Nation had such a group who expelled males when they turned 12). So Negan kills children too ... bastard.

• Love 1

So, if TWD was a show that looked at how various groups survived in the Z-poc, I would have been down for this episode. However, as this show only has but so many episodes and already has introduced a crapton of characters, less is more. I get where this is headed, the various groups are going to team up to take out Negan. Did we really need this many episodes, one devoted to each group, to get to that point?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Muffyn said:

The Neganettes killed all the men and boys among the now camp Oceanside group, but left them with a well-stocked arsenal. In the ASZ they took all of the guns.  Why?  WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY? 

Women are smarter than men. If Michonne was in charge, ASZ would still have some weapons somewhere.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, maczero said:

Thinner maybe but prettier and fitter?  I don't know what you look like but I would hope that I would look better and healthier than people who have been living in a zombie apocalypse for the last few years.    

I can buy that.  The Saviors (and to a lesser extent ASZ) are actively looking for survivors.  The other communities not so much. 

ASZ is in Alexandria VA.  We got a shot of DC when they first arrived in Alexandria.

I'll be the dissenting voice and say that I enjoyed this episode.  Tara was a fun character to focus on.  My favorite part was how dejected she looked when her fist bump wasn't returned.  

Doesn't matter what I look like.  It's a TV show.   About people who get very little food and a lot of excercise, ergo, there won't be obese people.   

• Love 4

Once again, I was all these people are to stupid to live, and then I was, "Why did zombie Heath change into a dress?  Oh, I'm slow, it was another fake out."  This show is destroying what few functioning brain cells I had left.

I liked Tara keeping her word, and not telling Rosita about Oceanside.  Who is going to be Tara's new girlfriend, Beatrice or Cindy?

• Love 3

So, if TWD was a show that looked at how various groups survived in the Z-poc, I would have been down for this episode. However, as this show only has but so many episodes and already has introduced a crapton of characters, less is more. I get where this is headed, the various groups are going to team up to take out Negan. Did we really need this many episodes, one devoted to each group, to get to that point?

This almost has to be budgetary - why pay your actors to appear in 6-7 episodes for 10 minutes each when you can squeeze them into two or three and save the cash?  In some ways they're taking the Game of Thrones issue (lots of geographically separated characters) and instead of giving each location 5-10 minutes per episode they've instead opted to focus on one group per episode.  The big issue is a lot of the characters they've focused on in this show are not strong enough to carry an episode by themselves (Tara here, Morgan with his martial arts practice, etc.).

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Doesn't matter what I look like.  It's a TV show.   About people who get very little food and a lot of excercise, ergo, there won't be obese people.   

Check out Survivor.  Fit people turn into filthy weaklings after only a few weeks.  My point is operating on fewer calories and devoting less time to personal hygiene won't make the average person "prettier and fitter". 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, shanndee said:

I really wish I wasn't so loyal to this show. I appear to live in hope that it will get good again. I no longer feel the need to watch it live, but I will still watch it within 2 days of recording. I got caught up, and then this episode happened. A non-episode that could have been dealt with as a side story. And this episode had extra time??

Seriously self indulgent show.

I have fallen out of love with TWD and moved to like-it-as-a-friend. I really hope I don't slip further away. 

Agreed.  I'm about ready to switch to Westworld instead.  Much more exciting.

• Love 4

A number of characters who have (or had) been traveling with this same group for several years have never looked starved, so unless they were sneaking off and getting food just for themselves and not sharing with the group, I wouldn't expect everyone on this show to be thin. (Example: Daryl, Abraham, Eugene, Tyreese.)  TWD is clearly not requiring method acting.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I accept a fair amount of suspension of disbelief in watching a show like this beyond the occasional snarking about it (Daryl's and Abe's obvious Miss Clariol addictions, Abe and Eugene clearly not missing any meals no matter how eager they might have seemed to snarf down Fido) and I'm also fully appreciative that Alanna Masterson has just come back from having a baby and is nursing.  But then maybe the show should not include a set piece of her gulping food down while other actors attempt to look concerned that she's starving as she volunteers that she's been living on soy sauce packets forever.  

You're forcing me to think again about how none of this makes any sense or that I'm watching a bunch of actresses stumble about woodenly, show.  Stop that.

• Love 6

Great for the actress that she had a baby and went back to work, but I do think that the fact the show centered an episode around her did make it more obvious that looks a LOT bigger than the last time we saw her.  I don't think she's obese by any means, but it does seem odd that the character disappears for weeks and when she comes back she is definitely looking larger than the last time she was on.  It was just glaringly obvious.  

Regardless of all that, I think the actress is mediocre and that makes the character completely uncompelling to me.  I fully agree with the sentiment upthread that Rosita would have been a better character for this episode.

Regarding all of the different little groups that nobody except the Saviors knew about... I guess I don't pay much attention, because I'm confused about the difference between Hilltop and the Kingdom.  What are the main distinctions?  I want to say that I think Hilltop is run by Xander Berkeley and has the character they call Jesus.   That's the group that Sasha took Maggie to for medical attention.  Who is the Kingdom again?  For some reason I thought the Jesus character was in the Kingdom.

• Love 2

The best thing about this episode?  Heath just might be still alive somewhere.

Observations thought of as I watched - I want Tara's secret for having soft, luxurious hair straight from the salty ocean.  Also, if you're sneaking around in the woods, you just might want to take off that bright blue shirt.  Didn't quite blend into the background.  I'm sure Tara thought she'd died and gone to lesbian heaven, finding an all woman group made up of more than average looking women.  I'm betting Cyndie will be Tara's girlfriend #3.  I liked both Cyndie AND Rachel, the annoying little girl.  I like watching people who are not all sweetness and light.  She should be fun to watch in future, what with her wanting to shoot everyone.  And yes, seeing AM looking much plumper than she was previously was a bit... disconcerting.  SMG made sure she didn't gain any extra weight when she was pregnant.  Why didn't AM?  She's had several months to lose it as well (I believe that she had the baby towards the end of filming last year, and they have about 5 months of down time before they start shooting again).  When Tara and Heath were talking about the slim pickings when they were on the road, all I kept thinking was that whatever else they found besides the rusty cans of okra must have gone straight down Tara's throat.  And yes, I stopped watching Lost early on, and a big part of it was watching an obese man not lose weight on a friggin' deserted island.  And the fact that I've even stopped to think about her weight tells me that this episode was weak sauce and failed to engage my attention.  If it had been a better episode, with a better script, better director, and better actors, then I wouldn't even have noticed AM's extra weight, as I'd be busy dissecting the episode itself.  And that's a HUGE (or YUUUUUUUUUGE) problem.

Biggest pet peeve?  Not seeing Tara's reaction to the news regarding Denise, Glenn and Abe.  That's one of the reasons I watch this show, the interaction between people, and how they become a group/family.  Yes, gore and action are fun, and fine in bits.  But give me the human connections first and foremost.  We're losing that.  Now I'm assuming that if/when we ever get back to Carol we won't be shown her reaction to the news either.  And she's known Glenn since season 1.

The only person that ever looked hungry on this show was Olive Oyl. They have looked dirty and weak but never hungry. 

I'd have to argue that Carol, that time that Daryl found her in the prison after Judith's birth, looked very frail and hungry.  And MMB, who is tiny at the best of times, said that she lost 4 pounds the week before because she was supposed to look hungry and dehydrated.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Regarding all of the different little groups that nobody except the Saviors knew about... I guess I don't pay much attention, because I'm confused about the difference between Hilltop and the Kingdom.  What are the main distinctions?  I want to say that I think Hilltop is run by Xander Berkeley and has the character they call Jesus.   That's the group that Sasha took Maggie to for medical attention.  Who is the Kingdom again?  For some reason I thought the Jesus character was in the Kingdom.

Right now we have 4 main groups and now 1 sub group:

The Saviors - Negan and his people

Alexandria Safe Zone - Rick and his people

The Kingdom - King Ezekiel (currently home to Morgan and Carol)

The Hilltop - Home of Gregory and Jesus. Currently inhabited by Sasha and Maggie

Oceanside - The women Tara came in contact with last night

The only people that know all 4 groups exist is Negan, Morgan and Carol. Rick is aware of Hilltop/Saviors, Tara is aware of Oceanside, Saviors, Hilltop

3 hours ago, Bad Example said:

I think we need to give her a break.  She's probably nursing.

I didn't say anything derogatory, just that it looks extemely uncomfortable when she runs. As a woman myself who is not that well-endowed, it still feels bad.

• Love 3

If I can accept that zombies are still walking around two years later then I can accept fat people in the apocalypse. One thing I do like about this show is that they have all types of people, not just Hollywood pretty people.

• Love 8

On a completely new slant about this episode... did anyone else notice a small blond child slip behind the tarp with Heath? It happens during the bridge scene, as Heath is watching Tara battle a couple of walkers, as he is close to being swarmed himself. He backs up to the tarp and goes behind it, and in the confusion you can clearly see a small head of blond hair go in at about the same time.

It COULD be a small walker... but if so, it's the only one of that group of walkers that had clean, shiny hair; most of them looked to have no hair at all, or at least hair that was 50% sand.

• Love 2

Not for nothing, genetics do play a part in weight loss and some people (even when not eating much), may not lose as much as the next person with or without exercise.  The actress who plays Sasha seems to be more of the "slim" type with more muscle and the actress that plays Tara may be more of the "voluptuous" type. Meaning that our bodies process and store fat differently based on genetics with environment turning off or on those genetic predispositions. In starvation mode, some people's metabolism slows down to conserve the meager calories, some do not. Which is why in the real world for many people, starvation diets do not work. Much to the chagrin of lots of us-if only it were that simple. I think Tara's body could be realistic in a ZA if we take into account what happens in feast and famine cultures. Even in indigenous peoples with low calorie intake, there are often some who are plumb or obese. Cultures that are high in carbs with a lack of animal protein may also play a part in that. I think Tara looks fine. If the production dressers had more adequately provided breast support, we might not even be having this conversation today. I think her bouncing chest (which is uncomfortable to watch) drew attention to it, when maybe they should have taped or strapped her chest, so it wasn't an overt issue or an area for criticism which has nothing to do with her character on the show. 

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Right now we have 4 main groups and now 1 sub group:

The Saviors - Negan and his people

Alexandria Safe Zone - Rick and his people

The Kingdom - King Ezekiel (currently home to Morgan and Carol)

The Hilltop - Home of Gregory and Jesus. Currently inhabited by Sasha and Maggie

Oceanside - The women Tara came in contact with last night

The only people that know all 4 groups exist is Negan, Morgan and Carol. Rick is aware of Hilltop/Saviors, Tara is aware of Oceanside, Saviors, Hilltop

Can we count the Wolves?  I'm hoping they're still around.  I'd like to see if Negan can tame a group that are pretty much just savages.  I'd also like to see if they'd join the inevitable team up against Negan's forces.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, maczero said:

Can we count the Wolves?  I'm hoping they're still around.  I'd like to see if Negan can tame a group that are pretty much just savages.  I'd also like to see if they'd join the inevitable team up against Negan's forces.

Did any of those Rodeo Clown College graduates even get away to be counted? I thought Rick finished off what Morgan let loose and then Carol shot the HCIC (head clown in charge) and Morgan put him out of his zombie misery. I don't think they had a home or anything to take. I'm sure if Negan came across them he thought "yeah, they are crazy even by my standards; moving on"

I'm sorry but if no one had a problem with T-Dog I don't see how Tara's size could be an issue ... As a woman with a set of jugs even Victoria don't have a secret for - without proper support running can be uncomfortable.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 4

This episode was akin to this weeks episode being cancelled.  I can't find myself looking forward to any of the story lines if I have to wait a month to come full circle to a story line that I might be interested in = it is a bit too much work...

I was confused.  The Oceanside group was dogged on secrecy, however, not knowing how many people are/were with Tara, and/or may be in the area, yet when slightly provoked (very slightly) they unleashed an incompetent hell's fury of shooting to kill one relatively slow unarmed person.  That should have warned any possible accomplishes (or Negan's band) within miles of their location...

And then she honors the wishes of the group that just tried to execute her.

57 minutes ago, maczero said:

And the folks that killed Beth.  They weren't Saviors were they?

• Love 2

I was not at all keen on a Tara episode and was somewhat annoyed when she was revealed on the beach and I realized we were going there. Then I groaned because of course the lesbian character stumbles upon the Georgia equivalent of a camp full of Amazonian warrior women. And then I thought post-labor Alanna Masterson sneaking into a heavily guarded camp and then running from gunfire was comical for all the wrong reasons (and yes, I did feel somewhat ashamed for having that sentiment). But then Tara started to speak and I remembered why I liked the character to begin with. Several of the new characters won me over within very little screen time, particularly helpful girl, short-haired girl and grandma (not small, murderous girl though, TV shows never learn that this type of character is only ever convincing if you hire a high caliber child actor). And I thought they told the story of what this community was and how it came to be in an unusually organic and subtle way by this show's standards, even if they did spell it out later on.

I don't consider Masterson a strong actress and she's particularly unconvincing with emotional (see her reaction to girlfriend's death) and physical stuff. And not because she was pregnant, but because she's never made me believe that she would survive a one-on-one with a walker, much less weaving through a herd of them. But she has managed to craft a character that is inherently likable to me, set apart from nearly everyone else by an unwavering optimism that doesn't ever manifest itself in rousing motivational speeches or other overt pieces of dialogue. And I really appreciate that.

So yes, I actually really enjoyed this episode, more than the Carol/Morgan one. And it was miles ahead of earlier momentum breaking characters hours (see Morgan and the Governor in particular). That makes it my favorite in the season so far. Of course, it remains problematic that in a season that's all about Negan, I only enjoy it when it's not about Negan.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Did any of those Rodeo Clown College graduates even get away to be counted? I thought Rick finished off what Morgan let loose and then Carol shot the HCIC (head clown in charge) and Morgan put him out of his zombie misery. I don't think they had a home or anything to take. I'm sure if Negan came across them he thought "yeah, they are crazy even by my standards; moving on"

I was the under the impression that there were more Wolves than those that attacked Alexandria.  I also thought that the ones that Morgan let escape made it out of ASZ.  Did Rick kill them? 

5 minutes ago, ChipBach said:

And the folks that killed Beth.  They weren't Saviors were they?

No, they were Atlanta police that took over a hospital.  They instituted indentured servitude rather than extortion.  I'm really loving how these different groups are living in the apocalypse.  We've met slavers, cannibals, thieves, barbarians, extortionists and even renaissance fair enthusiasts.

• Love 7
Just now, maczero said:

I was the under the impression that there were more Wolves than those that attacked Alexandria.  I also thought that the ones that Morgan let escape made it out of ASZ.  Did Rick kill them? 

No, they were Atlanta police that took over a hospital.  They instituted indentured servitude rather than extortion.  I'm really loving how these different groups are living in the apocalypse.  We've met slavers, cannibals, thieves, barbarians, extortionists and even renaissance fair enthusiasts.

I cannot afford to lose my job this close to Christmas. *in my Shirley Ceasar voice* slaves, cannibals, thieves, barbarians, chicken, pigs, hogs, potatoes, tomatoes ... YOU NAME IT!

2 minutes ago, maczero said:

Rick took care of the ones Morgan let go when they attacked the RV

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Boofish said:
3 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I cannot afford to lose my job this close to Christmas. *in my Shirley Ceasar voice* slaves, cannibals, thieves, barbarians, chicken, pigs, hogs, potatoes, tomatoes ... YOU NAME IT!

You wrong for that LOL

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm sorry but if no one had a problem with T-Dog I don't see how Tara's size could be an issue ... As a woman with a set of jugs even Victoria don't have a secret for - without proper support running can be uncomfortable.

We saw T-Dog at the beginning of the za, when there was still plenty of food to scavenge.  My issue isn't Tara's size, per se, as I'm a voluptuous girl myself, and know how slowly I lose weight even on a very strict diet.  The problem is that she seems to have actually GAINED weight in what was supposed to be 2 weeks (her face looks fuller than it did when AM was pregnant, and before the birth TPTB kept AL's size hidden in time-tested tradition, with head-shots and plates in front of stomach areas).  But enough about that.  There were plenty of other areas I had a lot more problems with than Tara's weight gain.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, CrashTextDummie said:

(not small, murderous girl though, TV shows never learn that this type of character is only ever convincing if you hire a high caliber child actor).

I was thinking she must have gone to the same acting school as did Carl.

33 minutes ago, CrashTextDummie said:

But she has managed to craft a character that is inherently likable to me,

I like Tara for the same reason I liked Denise: Both seem to be "real" people who haven't spent their lives in a gym, who are scared and who make blunders. They're easier to identify with than a perfectly-honed, faultless human weapon/ warrior type like Michonne.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Boofish said:

.....not to mention how both T-Dog and Father Gabriel both maintained their shiny chrome domes even while on the road for weeks/months at a time....not a hint of head stubble anywhere.

I could live a long happy life replete with spiritual fulfillment if I never have to hear the "we've all changed, we have to in order to survive...." dialogue that Heath and Tara had at the beginning of this ep. Instead of having their characters spout philosophical observances every time there's a moment of one-on-one dialogue, how about some real-life conversation? At this point in the ZA when you've been on the road for two weeks and all you've found is two rusty cans of okra, wouldn't a more natural conversational topic be something like, "Boy, I used to hate okra when I was a kid, can't believe I'd eat this whole can in one fistful right now." "Yeah, wish we could find some house where the soccer mom had stocked up on Twinkies and Pop Tarts....supposedly Twinkies have an unlimited shelf life...." Anything besides the "we have to do things differently now, things we wouldn't do before" discussions.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Ouisch said:

.....not to mention how both T-Dog and Father Gabriel both maintained their shiny chrome domes even while on the road for weeks/months at a time....not a hint of head stubble anywhere.

And Jaqui maintained that press and curl LOL

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ouisch said:

And Jaqui maintained that press and curl LOL

For the past couple of seasons, people have been clamoring for communities that weren't either psychopaths or hopelessly naive.  This season we're finally getting those communities.  Oceanside was neither evil nor stupid so I enjoyed seeing them. That said, I'm still not entirely sure why Tara immediately ran away from the two who were escorting her to the bridge.  Michel's guess is better than anything I came up with but, if that's it, I'm still wondering what tipped her off to the coming murder? (Also, it wouldn't make sense to hide it at Oceanside - they aren't pretending normality like the Governor was.)

This version of Negan is stupid and annoying, rather than evil and terrifying.  That's a huge problem.  It's really weird that the show made the Governor so much more realistic and interesting than in the comics but has done the reverse with Negan.  That said,  I'm willing to tolerate Negan being the central antagonist for a few season because I don't want to go back to the lather-rinse-repeat cycle of a new psycho each season.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Omg. Everybody on this show except Daryl and Sick Maggie has perfect everything--dreads, press and curls, no stubble, makeup, teeth, mutton chops, sideburns, no pit stains, perfectly fitting clothes....but someone is slightly overweight and it threatens the immersion experience?

Yea, I stopped even noticing the freshly shaved armpits, perfect eyebrows, and bright white teeth along time ago. No one's body size has ever given me pause on this show. I'd say the ONLY things that do/did take me out of the moment in regards to looks are Daryl and Abe's obvious dye jobs. But for the most part, I'm just beyond that kind of thing. There are 10,000 plot holes I'd rather pick apart. LOL

• Love 8

Maybe Negan killed off all the men and boys of the Oceanside group early in his reign of terror, then decided that wasn't a good solution and it would be better to have the men working for him instead? 

Sorry, but I totally forgot about Tara and Heath going on their scavenger hunt when IRL Alanna Masterson's pregnancy got too far along to hide her behind strategically placed objects. That was only TWO WEEKS AGO? Wow, a lot has happened! I also think that part of my forgetting about Tara's storyline is that I still  get Tara and Rosita mixed up! Am I the only one? 

Speaking of my being mixed up, just how many separate groups are we expected to keep track of now? Alexandria, The Saviors, Hilltop, the Kingdom, the WOLVES (remember them?) and now Oceanside? 

• Love 3