Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

2 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

This is truly a blow at my remaining idealism. I really thought we were better than this. 

Also, I'm completely serious. I don't think I can spend 4 years with him randomly popping up on TV and on websites. I need someone to build me a safety bubble. Seeing his face and his name actually causes me anxiety after the garbage of this election season. Not to get into it, but I've been going through some stuff. I don't think I can be a normal functional human being under the stress of a Trump presidency.

I thought we would be done with his ass.  I don't want to see the White House turned into a imitation of his hotels.

I don't want to see his unfortunate looking kids.  I don't want to hear the gloating 

I'm sick.

• Love 8

Even worse, it looks like the Reps are hanging onto both the House and Senate. 

They won't agree with 100% of Trump's crazy agendas, but with enough that he will use that and threats of his vengeance for opposing him in the past few weeks to beat them in line on a lot of stuff.

Geez. It just occurred to me that the crazy crazy Kellyanne Conway and Katrina Pearson will have actually government JOBS. Important ones. Just when I didn't think I could get sicker. 

• Love 6

Holy fuck, I don't know why it didn't hit me earlier, but Trump threatened to have Hillary jailed if he won. And you know the Senate will go right along with doing yet another investigation, deciding she's guilty of something, etc. I can only hope that Obama does a preemptive pardon before leaving office, or Hillary may have to leave the country to avoid getting charged with treason or something.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

If the man-sized taint actually wins, he will be the only president ever elected with no prior elected/appointed political experience or military service. His supporters need to refresh my memory as to exactly how he is qualified for this.

They are also the ones who complained that Obama had no experience. 

• Love 6

This is truly a blow at my remaining idealism. I really thought we were better than this. 

Also, I'm completely serious. I don't think I can spend 4 years with him randomly popping up on TV and on websites. I need someone to build me a safety bubble. Seeing his face and his name actually causes me anxiety after the garbage of this election season. Not to get into it, but I've been going through some stuff. I don't think I can be a normal functional human being under the stress of a Trump presidency.

I plan on relying on Netflix from here on, and if there's something on broadcast TV that I absolutely have to see I'll buy it on Amazon. I will not be watching the news. I have the same reaction to him popping up suddenly, and it's no use muting him because I still have to look at the weird hand gestures and anus-mouth. I pass that along in case it helps at all. (I have anxiety issues too, and this has been a terrible year for me.)

• Love 4

Briana Kieler from CNN is at the Jacob Javits center where Hillary is supposed to speak. She said people are crying, some are leaving. people are stunned. Everyone is sober and some have their faces buried in their hands.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Spacecow said:

I'm already seeing smug fucking Bernie bros saying "I told you so" and claiming that Bernie would've won. Personally I think that's bullshit and these fuckers plus the third party blowhards have cost us the country. 

Bernie supporters who are gloating that they "were right" - glad that's more important to you than who fucking won the election.

• Love 18

I worked late, and when I got out of my last meeting, had text messages from family and friends, all saying "HOW did this happen?"

so - I want to say, I appreciate everyone here, I haven't read more than a 10th of this thread, I just opened a bottle of wine and I am more depressed than I remember being for a long time.  

WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK< AMERICA?     this shouldn't even be CLOSE!

• Love 5
Just now, aradia22 said:

Guys, I feel like we should start looking into ways we could have him impeached.

That's not going to be easy. He's going to have to nearly completely demolish this country before there's anarchy, then it's too late anyway.

I plan on relying on Netflix from here on, and if there's something on broadcast TV that I absolutely have to see I'll buy it on Amazon. I will not be watching the news. I have the same reaction to him popping up suddenly, and it's no use muting him because I still have to look at the weird hand gestures and anus-mouth. I pass that along in case it helps at all. (I have anxiety issues too, and this has been a terrible year for me.)

Legitimate question. If I mute mentions of him on the internet, how would that work exactly? Does it just wipe out his name or could I stop anything pertaining to him from appearing on the websites I visit?

This is why it wasn't going overboard to cut supporters of his out of my personal life. This is why it was important to push back against the false equivalency. I just spent the last hour scrubbing my FB of every anti-Trump thing I ever said. I wish I could figure out how to scrub everything I'd posted here. I'm scared. I know I'm nobody, but he'll have the power to find us and punish us for not supporting him. 

Guys, I feel like we should start looking into ways we could have him impeached.

So Pence would take over?  Okay, less megalomaniacal, but even more extreme on just about every stated policy.  We'd be in the same sinking boat.

• Love 9

I'm already seeing smug fucking Bernie bros saying "I told you so" and claiming that Bernie would've won. Personally I think that's bullshit and these fuckers plus the third party blowhards have cost us the country. 

No he wouldn't have, not with this kind of hate coming out of the wood work. 

• Love 7

this might sound hyperbolic but I don't care, this has been without a doubt one of the worst nights of my life. I've never felt fear like this before. I wish I wasn't so far from home so I could hug my family.

• Love 9

Only path to change this now is MI + NV + NH (all 3) or MI + WI. So... it ain't happening. WI is not going blue, and NH seems impossible too. And this also assumes that PA, ME and MN stay for Clinton (not a done deal). 

In other words?  Go to sleep. TRY to sleep I mean. 

• Love 1
Just now, Spacecow said:

this might sound hyperbolic but I don't care, this has been without a doubt one of the worst nights of my life. I've never felt fear like this before. I wish I wasn't so far from home so I could hug my family.

I don't want to send my kids to school tomorrow. I'm actually afraid.

• Love 3

Legitimate question. If I mute mentions of him on the internet, how would that work exactly? Does it just wipe out his name or could I stop anything pertaining to him from appearing on the websites I visit?

I don't know, but thanks for bringing that up, because I will certainly be looking into it.

Just now, aradia22 said:

I don't know how that works, but as of right now, I'm out of Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to hear or see his swearing in as President in January and I don't want to see his acceptance speeches and gloating surrogates.  I hope there's a really special place in Hell for all of them.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Bernie supporters who are gloating that they "were right" - glad that's more important to you than who fucking won the election.

No prizes for guessing the demographic of the supporters saying these things. Very white, very male.

• Love 4

I can't wait until those working class voters still find themselves jobless.

But I really want the liberals who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary to pay. Those are the real traitors, they wanted to burn it down, then hopefully they are the only liberals who burn right along with it and not the rest of us.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Keepitmoving said:

No he wouldn't have, not with this kind of hate coming out of the wood work. 

Sanders would have had his inexperience in dealing with the big stage thrown back at him. And he would have been painted as fringe loony Communist, I don't think he has the force and charisma to withstand that.

• Love 3

I'll miss the content, but I'd advise Previously to erase this forum tomorrow.  So they won't be magically shut down in 6 months.

Clearly a lot of articles that link to Seth Meyers and Colbert and SNL skits are going to have to go vamoose now.

Geez, it just occurred to me to wonder if Alec Baldwin is brave enough to keep playing Trump (assuming Lorne Michaels and NBC are brave enough to keep doing anti-Trump skits--I kind of doubt it). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Oh lord.

What does this photo at the NY Times remind you students of history of?

4W9qMCM.jpg?1

16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Oh lord.

What does this photo at the NY Times remind you students of history of?

4W9qMCM.jpg?1

So scary!  Look just like Hitler Youth,  fascism is creeping into USA

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

I don't want to send my kids to school tomorrow. I'm actually afraid.

I'm so afraid. I'm safe in a blue state but my dad is a black man in a hateful, trump heavy state and I'm terrified for him. And all my black relatives in the South. 

Edited by Spacecow
  • Love 1

My family is in the next room. They have been laughing and celebrating.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I'll miss the content, but I'd advise Previously to erase this forum tomorrow.  So they won't be magically shut down in 6 months.

Clearly a lot of articles that link to Seth Meyers and Colbert and SNL skits are going to have to go vamoose now.

Geez, it just occurred to me to wonder if Alec Baldwin in brave enough to keep playing Trump (assuming Lorne Michaels and NBC are brave enough to keep doing anti-Trump skits--I kind of doubt it). 

No, we cannot hide!  Cannot let the bastard win...

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Spacecow said:

((((((((Spacecow)))))))))))) (Old school hug.)

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It's almost been a year since my Mom passed away and all this is making me miss her so much. I'm glad she isn't having to see this happen to America though.

I empathize, mine passed away in August.

1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

I don't know how that works, but as of right now, I'm out of Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to hear or see his swearing in as President in January and I don't want to see his acceptance speeches and gloating surrogates.  I hope there's a really special place in Hell for all of them.

I was on the brink of finally signing up for Facebook this fall; I'm glad I didn't bother. Giving up Twitter will be hard though. Maybe if I unfollow all the news sites ... but yeah I can not cope with his gloating face or his vampire children or soulless surrogates. I'm going to have to ditch a lot of very old hobbies and habits.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Journalists must be legitimately scared. So now the US has that in common with other dictatorships around the world!

Boy do I hope they pay with a few exceptions. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, katha said:

Sanders would have had his inexperience in dealing with the big stage thrown back at him. And he would have been painted as fringe loony Communist, I don't think he has the force and charisma to withstand that.

I disagree.  One of the reasons I supported Bernie was polling that said he would crush Drumpf in the general.  

This is why it wasn't going overboard to cut supporters of his out of my personal life. This is why it was important to push back against the false equivalency. I just spent the last hour scrubbing my FB of every anti-Trump thing I ever said. I wish I could figure out how to scrub everything I'd posted here. I'm scared. I know I'm nobody, but he'll have the power to find us and punish us for not supporting him. 

This may be my self-destructive streak talking but 'come at me, bro.' Which also upsets me because I don't like giving up to my most cynical and violent impulses which is what Trump is already provoking and he hasn't even had a confirmed win yet.