Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

2 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Hell with that.  They should be on the front line of experiencing every single one of his horrendous policies.  Unlike the Drumpf cult, they KNEW he was wrong, and they still let their petty little egos take the wheel instead of doing the right thing. 

So much this. That's what really gets me, they fucking know he's horrible. It's just unfathomable to me.

I am scared. Like legitimately scared. I'm going to cry.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
Just now, JunebugWA said:

WA was a Bernie's stronghold. 

So this is ex-Bernie voters acting pissy and using the anyone-but-Hillary strategy?

26% reported there now and Trump is only up there by 0.9% now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

BUT!! Here's my consolation. IF Trump has lost this election there would have been major anarchy across the country, there would be bloodshed as they promised there would be. There still 'might' be but Democrats are generally not crazy anarchist types so they will accept this as their fate.

And if he wins, it's going to be clear really fast that he is not in fact going to build a wall or bring back steel or any of the other fairyland crap he promised them, because he has failed at every single thing he has ever tried except for getting other people to pay for his mistakes. He's very good at that. As they will find out soon enough.

• Love 15
Just now, Rosiejuliemom said:

If people thought that the pumpkin spice dildo wasn't qualified, why the hell did they vote for him?! I honestly don't know if I'm more confused or angry right now.

Protest votes. Good ole misogyny: Knowing that Clinton is more qualified and better, but just being unable to cast the vote for her anyway because of personal prejudice. And there is the reality that many people do feel disenfranchised and left behind and scared, and they probably are, and they're probably right to think that neither Republicans nor Democrats have done much to help them. Along comes a demagogue with easy scapegoats and emotional appeals...

• Love 5

The markets will plummet under Trump. 

Futures are down 700 right now.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see how many people answered first. Never mind!

Edited by bref
  • Love 1
Just now, katha said:

Protest votes. Good ole misogyny: Knowing that Clinton is more qualified and better, but just being unable to cast the vote for her anyway because of personal prejudice. And there is the reality that many people do feel disenfranchised and left behind and scared, and they probably are, and they're probably right to think that neither Republicans nor Democrats have done much to help them. Along comes a demagogue with easy scapegoats and emotional appeals...

True. This just enrages me to the point of flames on the side of my face.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Keepitmoving said:

I hope ground opens up and swallows Gary Johnson, don't want to EVER see his goofy ass face again. I could see if he had some brain cells that weren't fried, but he's a fucking idiot.

If you've seen him, you know he's REALLY a major dimwit.

But to be fair, if it wasn't him, there'd be another 3rd party candidate in his place getting virtually the same protest votes (it didn't matter it was him). Might be Stein, but more likely just another Libertarian.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Because Wall St. hates tRump and all the uncertainty he would bring.  The Dow futures are already tanking.  I'm worried sick about our 401k; we are newly retired and I'm about to lose it:  my mind and my money.

Same here,  Boomers who are retired...I am worried about what happens with our pension and Social Security.  Plus, what kind of awful world is my Grandson going to grow up in?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, random chance said:

And if he wins, it's going to be clear really fast that he is not in fact going to build a wall or bring back steel or any of the other fairyland crap he promised them, because he has failed at every single thing he has ever tried except for getting other people to pay for his mistakes. He's very good at that. As they will find out soon enough.

The thing that will be clear is that we've lost this democracy, it no longer exists. We may as well be living in Argentina, Crimea, N. Korea or Russia. I would even guess that people will be so nervous about banks failing that there will be a run on the banks.  Alarmist maybe, but being forewarned is forearmed.

Edited by HumblePi
2 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I just don't understand how this could happen.

The thought of seeing the smug faces of his surrogates tomorrow sickens me. 

Ann Coulter.  I cannot live in a world where Ann Coulter is happy.  That's just not right.  

• Love 9
Just now, InsertWordHere said:

Michigan is getting closer, but it won't matter if Wisconsin goes for Trump.

Exactly, it won't. 

I don't even know if some combo of NV and Iowa would counter WI. I don't think it would.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

It will be very sad to me if Hillary loses because not enough women came out for her.  I'm not saying you have to vote for someone because they are a woman but I've never understood why some women perceive her with actual hatred and find someone like Trump with his track record with women preferable.  It's incomprehensible to me.   Hillary had plenty of admirable qualities for women (and men) to admire.  Why didn't more of them connect with her but rather with a horrible person like Trump?

Sadly, and I may take flak for this, but a lot of women don't support other women, especially ambitious women. I saw plenty of women around Hillary's age on the news today saying they voted for Trump because they just didn't like Hillary.

• Love 9

Well as much as the sickness I'm currently feeling is different than the one I had that caused me to call in to work today, I do have to go back to work tomorrow and 5 a.m. comes early so off to bed I go.

I seriously hope the first alert I see when I pick up my phone tomorrow does not make me throw it against a wall.

Even though we all panicked most of the night I'm glad I spent it with you all.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Wow seriously, people are freaking out!  So are we. I'm going to take a deep breath and not panic about what to expect. But I'm also considering Canada.

I keep seeing this everywhere (as with every election) but I don't think people realize how difficult it is to immigrate to Canada. And right now we're very busy with the Syrian refugees that won't be welcome in the US....

• Love 1
Just now, mojoween said:

Well as much as the sickness I'm currently feeling is different than the one I had that caused me to call in to work today, I do have to go back to work tomorrow and 5 a.m. comes early so off to bed I go.

I seriously hope the first alert I see when I pick up my phone tomorrow does not make me throw it against a wall.

Even though we all panicked most of the night I'm glad I spent it with you all.

goodnight, sleep well I hope

3 minutes ago, briochetwist said:

Sadly, and I may take flak for this, but a lot of women don't support other women, especially ambitious women. I saw plenty of women around Hillary's age on the news today saying they voted for Trump because they just didn't like Hillary.

You're not going to get flack from me, I have posted this exact same sentiment multiple times.  There's no way in hell she would be losing if she was getting 90 plus percent of the female vote, no way. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

The thing that will be clear is that we've lost this democracy, it no longer exists. We may as well be living in Argentina, Crimea, N. Korea or Russia

I only meant, their vote will bite them in the ass too. I know this is bad.

Poor (looking stupid now) Nate Silver is running out of intelligent things to put on his site. He calls it 59% chance Trump and 41% Clinton.

He's still leaning too far towards Clinton.

1 minute ago, briochetwist said:

I keep seeing this everywhere (as with every election) but I don't think people realize how difficult it is to immigrate to Canada. And right now we're very busy with the Syrian refugees that won't be welcome in the US....

Canada will welcome you gladly if you have a skill they need and right now they need engineers, doctors and people with chemical engineering degrees

3 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Fox just called Wisconsin for Trump. I think it's over. 

Fox is the last place to trust. but... the NY Times looks like they're on the verge of calling that too.

Florida is gone. Called for Trump.

I believe that makes it game over. Nothing changes it now.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

My first question before I even begin to associate with anyone on a personal level will be, Who did you vote for in this election

I was thinking today that this was going to be my litmus test for everyone for the rest of my life. 

Then I wondered whether I would look back at that sentiment and laugh at how I was such a hothead and so passionate about the election.

But no, I don't think so.  Did you vote for Trump?  Or Johnson or Stein?  Or fucking write in a name?  Bye.

• Love 2

I'm someone who personally will not be that affected by a conservative government.  By that I mean, I'm 58, single, straight, no kids, white, and make a decent income.  Maybe I'll get a bigger paycheck with tax breaks.  If the stock market recovers in the next few years, I'll be fine.  I work for a place that self-insures, so my health care won't go away.  I doubt there's anything I could be made to do or prevented from doing.  My life would go on exactly as before.

And I could not be more sick at heart or afraid.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Canada will welcome you gladly if you have a skill they need and right now they need engineers, doctors and people with chemical engineering degrees

Where are you getting that information? I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that simply isn't true. It's difficult to get in here, it's common knowledge, it's on the news all the time because so many Americans threaten to move here. And you would have better luck if you were part of a commonwealth country.

Edited by briochetwist
1 minute ago, MulletorHater said:

Look for more Black churches to be burned.  I weep for our Latino brothers and sisters.

And for African-Americans, Asians, immigrants, women, LGBT citizens... It occurred to me that my Native boyfriend will be one of the few people allowed to stay here, but then I realized that won't be the way it works.

Florida is gone. That's it.

Oh God. Like, I really can't, guys. The only thing getting me through the last few months was the assurance that after today I wouldn't have to see his horrible orange face on the TV all the damn time. I was supposed to be able to focus on something else and get my life back on track after today.

• Love 3