Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Speculation Without Spoilers Topic

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

We need a place to theorize without letting spoilers influence the discussion.

I'm really looking forward to how Kevin and Kate are around Rebecca and Miguel.  From what we've seen at this point, Kate was Daddy's Girl and Randall has spoken about keeping his tally of other black people and seeking out William a secret from his parents because he loves them and was afraid of hurting them.  He couldn't hide William from Rebecca so he did bring them together but, as we saw, he was worried about upsetting her.  He also showed a glimmer of hostility towards Miguel but then immediately checked himself.  I think his hostility comes from his love and loyalty to Jack while him not expressing it is due to his even stronger love and loyalty to Rebecca. 

Back to Kate, we see how much she adored Jack and she watches Steelers football with his ashes as a way to maintain those close feelings.  So, I'm thinking that she'll probably show a lot of hostility to Miguel and Rebecca both when the time comes for them to share scenes. 

I think that Kevin being the less focused on child will result in him being the most at ease with Rebecca, Miguel, and Rebecca/Miguel.  I have no doubt that he deeply loves Jack and Rebecca but that's different from having the same level of loyalty that I believe Kate has for Jack and Randall has shown to have for Rebecca.  So a part of me expects him to cheerfully shake Miguel's hand or put things in perspective for Kate if she blows up at them for betraying Jack's memory. 

I'm also wondering if Miguel loses his wife as well.  Then him and Rebecca getting together makes sense in its own way.   Let's say she dies first and Jack and Rebecca are there for him.  Then Jack dies a few years later and Miguel, out of his own sense of friendship as well as a desire to return the favor, makes a point of being there for Rebecca.  Then feelings rise from the grief and they move on with their lives together.  From another point of view, it seems like Jack's best friend put the moves on Rebecca the second he died and that's where the hostility comes from.

I also really want Kate to move back east.  It seems like she and Randall have a decent relationship (he told Kevin that Kate was keeping him in the loop and he got a small smile when she drunkenly yelled "Randall!!!" into the phone) but I want to see it.  I have this feeling that Kate and Beth will be great in scenes together and I really want to see Aunt Kate in action with the girls.  I'm sure they're letting her find her own sense of self before sending her to live near her brothers so I can wait but I still want the Big Three close together.

• Love 1

I am interested in seeing how Kate/Kevin interact with Rebecca and Miguel as well. I want to get an idea of how they feel about him and his marriage to Rebecca.

I may watch the scenes again with Randall and Miguel/Rebecca to observe Randall’s reaction to Miguel more. I don’t think he was particularly rude to Miguel, but upon first viewing, I did get kind of a “Hi, See Ya, Bye” vibe from him. It didn’t seem like he was super thrilled to see Miguel around. I think that he could have negative feelings towards Miguel for marrying Rebecca. I also think those feelings could have something to do with when Jack died/how Rebecca Miguel got together/when they got together.

If Jack died when the kids were younger and Rebecca remarried Miguel before they became adults, I think that Randall might be more accepting towards Miguel. Granted, he may have been upset at first but maybe he would have eventually warmed up to Miguel if Miguel moved in and looked after the family financially and emotionally. If Miguel didn’t remarry Rebecca until the kids were grown, then Randall may not have been around him as much. He may not have witnessed a lot of the times Miguel was helping Rebecca cope and may feel like he isn't obligated to Miguel in any way. Unlike if Miguel married Rebecca when the kids were still at home and had helped finishing raising them.

Maybe Miguel married Rebecca when the kids were in their 20's and they have mostly (or at least Randall) kept their distance from Miguel, (unless they had to interact with him due to Rebecca).

Edited by Jx223

My theory about Rebecca and Miguel is that they probably got together and married in a very short time span after Jack's death. It isn't unlikely scenario, even in real life, for the grieving spouse to find someone else shortly after the other spouse's death and  to seemingly move on quickly to a new relationship. And Rebecca and Miguel will have already bonded through Jack, so it is probably easy for Rebecca to lean on Miguel and it went from there. I'm going to guess that the Big Three were already grown and Rebecca was alone after Jack's death, therefore another thing pushing her and Miguel together. I think Randall's reaction possibly has a lot to do with "uncle" Miguel moving in on Rebecca not long after Jack's death, at least how it might appear in his eyes.

From the first episode he appeared in, I wonder if Miguel and his wife were having problems at that time and heading for divorce. The tough love he was giving Jack might've come from his own experience with a failing marriage, and maybe that contributed to his romanticized view of Rebecca. I'll be curious to see what, if any, relationship his kids have/had with Rebecca and the twins and Randall, since they would've grown up around the Pearson's.

I think I read a episode description/spoiler about Kevin finally connecting with his role in the play, so my speculation is a) his family his going to gather together for the opening night of his new play, meaning that might be the first time everyone will be in one place altogether and b) Kevin's role and the play itself may stir up some emotional responses/conflicts within the family.

• Love 1

I still haven't warmed up to Miguel he always seems to 'light up' whenever it appears Jack has made a mistake with Rebecca. But I wonder if Jack's death wasn't sudden but some kind of terminal illness and he asked Miguel to take care of Rebecca or let it be known that he knew about Miguel's feelings and gives his blessing for Miguel to pursue Rebecca. Curious to see how it plays out.

Jack had 3 or 4 small episodes of forgetfulness in the recent episode.  None of them were a big deal, and if I did all of them in one day it would be a normal day for me, and I'm a bit older than Jack .  But they must have had a reason for putting them all in one episode.  Maybe he is beginning a cognitive decline of some kind, or has a brain tumor, something like that. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Maybe this show is really a murder mystery! And Miguel murdered Jack, and the kids are going to figure it out!

I had actually wondered if someone had killed Jack. But I was thinking more along the lines of something like he tried to prevent a robbery and someone shot him. Or maybe he tried to prevent someone else from getting shot and got shot instead. I could see a situation happening where Jack died because he was trying to save someone else.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I don't think Kevin and Kate know they are triplets. I think they think they are twins and their parents just brought home a third child "for reasons".

I think William is going to spill that bean as well.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kili said:

I don't think Kevin and Kate know they are triplets. I think they think they are twins and their parents just brought home a third child "for reasons".

I think William is going to spill that bean as well.

Interesting...triplet pregancies can be rough, plus they would be accumulating far more baby stuff than normal, so they'd probably have to let on to family/friends/bosses about having multiples at least. Could they have gotten away with telling people it was twins, during the pregnancy? 

My wild long-range speculation is that Kate becomes a famous or famous-ish singer in an Adele, Norah Jones sort of mold. An opportune turn at karaoke or office party performance goes viral, the right people see and offer a contract. Or maybe in a bit of cross-promotion, she ends up on The Voice. :) Rebecca and Kevin would have to deal with their jealousy.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dejana said:

Interesting...triplet pregancies can be rough, plus they would be accumulating far more baby stuff than normal, so they'd probably have to let on to family/friends/bosses about having multiples at least. Could they have gotten away with telling people it was twins, during the pregnancy? 

My wild long-range speculation is that Kate becomes a famous or famous-ish singer in an Adele, Norah Jones sort of mold. An opportune turn at karaoke or office party performance goes viral, the right people see and offer a contract. Or maybe in a bit of cross-promotion, she ends up on The Voice. :) Rebecca and Kevin would have to deal with their jealousy.

I have also thought of Kate going to New York, going to an open mic night or something, and becoming a sensation.  She could also go the stand-up comedy route, but they've already shown her singing, so that's more likely.  Kate coming out of the shadows, while Kevin bombs on Broadway, is something I'd like to see. 

• Love 1

I've decided that what would make me happy is seeing a flashback in which Rebecca tells Jack the whole story about William. She wants to tell Randall and Jack is the one who talks her out of it.

• Love 2

Is anyone else concerned/worried/wondering that the show is setting us up for something BIG in the next episode?  I just hate that the promos keep having Rebecca say "Nothing bad ever happens on Christmas Eve."    Seems like SOMETHING BAD will happen just to prove her wrong.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Is anyone else concerned/worried/wondering that the show is setting us up for something BIG in the next episode?  I just hate that the promos keep having Rebecca say "Nothing bad ever happens on Christmas Eve."    Seems like SOMETHING BAD will happen just to prove her wrong.

William dies?

We know that Miguel has/had children, and that they are just a few years older than the triplets. We have now seen Miguel have Thanksgiving and Christmas with The Pearsons, with absolutely no mention of his own children. I find that suspicious. I am going to speculate that Miguel is not on good terms with Shelly and his kids, or else a really awful tragic accident plays in, like, what if Jack dies trying to save Miguel's family in a tragic boating accident? Just an example. We keep hearing that Jack's manner of death will be crushing, so I am prepared for the worst.

• Love 3

My speculation is, we will learn how Jack dies in the episode where William dies, because it will make sense to have Randall's reactions to both be tied together, and hence we will see the flashback where Jack departs.  I don't know if that will be this season, it would be coming up pretty soon, but it could be. 

• Love 3
On 1/18/2017 at 1:09 PM, Scarybuttercupp said:

My completely-out-there theory is that Jack dies tragically, probably in the process of doing something great, like saving someone's life, and becomes an organ donor. Who gets his heart? Miguel, which is why Rebecca marries him.

I am completely onboard this theory. And I think it has something to do with Miguel's wife and kids who are suspiciously not mentioned in the present day.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

I am completely onboard this theory. And I think it has something to do with Miguel's wife and kids who are suspiciously not mentioned in the present day.

Are you thinking suicide/depression?  Perhaps he became so distant, leading to Rebecca seeking out Miguel and then things got worse (affair being a catalyst)? 

On 1/18/2017 at 1:09 PM, Scarybuttercupp said:

My completely-out-there theory is that Jack dies tragically, probably in the process of doing something great, like saving someone's life, and becomes an organ donor. Who gets his heart? Miguel, which is why Rebecca marries him.

Lord, god in heaven, I hadn't even thought through to the "very, very special episode" when we meet the donee w/ St. Jack's heart.  Oh the schmaltz of that episode will be something to behold! 

On 1/19/2017 at 5:01 PM, PRgal said:

Are you thinking suicide/depression?  Perhaps he became so distant, leading to Rebecca seeking out Miguel and then things got worse (affair being a catalyst)? 

No, I am thinking more like both families are in a boating accident and Jack tries to be a hero but dies anyway, along with Shelly and the kids, who he was trying to save heroically while Miguel looks on.

• Love 1

Only speculation is that Miguel's wife and kids are dead. I'd go with estranged but then it would be a hard sell to him still here in the present day and married to Rebecca and with no concern about his other family. Or, maybe he really is a scumbag.

Given the spoiler about Jack's death unfolding over the flashbacks in season 2, I think it's going to be an illness.  

Or Jack will be severly injured trying to save Shelly and her kids, and Jack will slowly succumb to those injuries.  

Either way, I think NBC and the produces will ring every last drop they possibly can out of it, with the show getting the subtitle "Jack's farewell" for weeks.  

Edited by Tiger
7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Given the spoiler about Jack's death unfolding over the flashbacks in season 2, I think it's going to be an illness.  

Or Jack will be severly injured trying to save Shelly and her kids, and Jack will slowly succumb to those injuries.  

Either way, I think NBC and the produces will ring every last drop they possibly can out of it, with the show getting the subtitle "Jack's farewell" for weeks.  

So drug related?  He could be injured and become dependent on whatever meds he was prescribed.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Oh, I think you are on to something . . . if it unfolds over time.  Or an injury that isn't immediately fatal.  I am now reminded that Randall said to William, when William told him in the latest episode that he was wanting to end chemo, that he (Randall) could take it, or do this, he is strong enough.  Maybe because he has been through it before. 

I think they could make about anything unfold over time.  I'm sticking with drunk driver.  There might be an investigation and trial they go into.  I just don't know why else they'd plant the seeds about his drinking, but then have the adult kids drink and also revere him.  

And if Miguel's family is at all involved that might be the deal killer for me.  

In the episode where Rebecca once again meets William at Randall's house in the present day and asks to speak with him privately, she says something to him about understanding that Randall will put everything in his life on hold to care for him so he (William) had better be all in.  It was at that point that I figured Jack had some type of extended, terminal illness.

• Love 4
On 1/19/2017 at 7:14 PM, pennben said:

Lord, god in heaven, I hadn't even thought through to the "very, very special episode" when we meet the donee w/ St. Jack's heart.  Oh the schmaltz of that episode will be something to behold! 

Extra points if it's a little kid, and then we meet them as a successful young adult who works as a doctor in Doctors without Borders. Imagine a montage set to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac that goes like this:

1.) Present-day Rebecca and the Triplets meet the donee, who's a beautiful young adult.

2.) Flash back to the donee as a child, who's being handed a teddy bear while they get wheeled into surgery as their tearful parents looks on.

3.) Flash over to 199-something/200-something Rebecca signing the consent forms as they cut off the life support for Jack, who's then wheeled for the surgery. Rebecca then collapses into hysterical sobs into Miguel's arms.

4.) Flash over to 199-something/200-something triplets crying hysterically, with Randall and Kevin comforting each other.

5.) Back to present-day, the smiling grown-up donee lets Rebecca listen to Jack's heart beating in his/her chest like something on a talk show. She cries, while the triplets look meaningfully at each other.

6.) The triplets attend to their various concerns in present-day. Randall hugs William's cardigan as William is now dead. Kevin surprises whoever his current love is with a romantic gesture. Kate realizes that she has to break up with Toby, and writes him a good-bye note.

7.) Back in 1973/1974, Jack and Rebecca meet for the first time. She's sitting on a park bench intently reading a Joyce Carol Oates book, and Jack introduces himself to her. Close up to their smiling faces at each other as Jack has begun to woo her immediately.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 8

Quoting @SueB from one of the episode threads:

Everything I see leads me to think that when Jack dies, Rebecca is in financial dire straits and had no clue.  Which could mean she married Miguel for financial stability.  And the kids would resent the hell out of that. 

I can see this, but my guess is it is something else.  Here is my wild speculation....

It sounds like Jack's death is not going to be unexpected--it may be some long drawn-out disease (which, personally, I hope is not the case--just because I'm having to deal with far too much of that in real life with loved ones...).  We don't know why Miguel's marriage broke up and it is just as likely as anything that it ended due to absolutely nothing that had to do with the Pearsons.  Again, I would prefer this--the Pearson clan already has enough drama without adding in Miguel's first family. I also think/hope that the break up of his marriage happened well before Jack's death

If it is true that Rebecca has no clue about the finances (and I agree that sounds like the case), it sounds like a set up for one of those death bed (or near death bed) pleas to your best friend to "take care of my wife" sort of thing.  I think this also sort of explains the varying reactions towards Miguel with the Big Three.  Yeah, Kevin has some issues with him and I think Randall seems to have problems with Miguel's behavior (stopping by unannounced, for example) but not really with him.  And, as far as I've seen, I can't really tell how Kate feels.  I guess since it looks like she's staying with Rebecca and Miguel, she must be on fairly good terms (or at least better terms than with her mother).

I don't know...I do think we're probably going to have to wait at least a season, maybe more, to get the whole story....

11 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I don't know...I do think we're probably going to have to wait at least a season, maybe more, to get the whole story....

Likely.  And now that they have 36 episodes ordered, they can plan longer arcs.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

Please don't drag Fleetwood Mac into this!

I tried to think of something very 1970's and sentimental. Even though the bulk of the montage would be set somewhere between the last half of the 1990's and the first half of the 2000's, I think they'd totally use a 1970's song because the writers seem to have a fetish for the 70's.

Maybe this instead?

"Everything I Own" by Bread

Or something more time-period appropriate....

"Across the Universe" by Rufus Wainwright

God, I watched way too many t.v. musical montages.

40 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I tried to think of something very 1970's and sentimental. Even though the bulk of the montage would be set somewhere between the last half of the 1990's and the first half of the 2000's, I think they'd totally use a 1970's song because the writers seem to have a fetish for the 70's.

Maybe this instead?

"Everything I Own" by Bread

Or something more time-period appropriate....

"Across the Universe" by Rufus Wainwright

God, I watched way too many t.v. musical montages.

Take Rufus Wainwright! Just leave Fleetwood Mac out of this, they're way above emotionally manipulative TV montages. ;)

I could swear I've heard Fleetwood Mac used more then once on tv, so maybe they would be just right for this show lol.

Extra points if it's a little kid, and then we meet them as a successful young adult who works as a doctor in Doctors without Borders. Imagine a montage set to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac that goes like this:

So I laughed hysterically just imaging the scenario as it was so pitch perfectly described and my husband teared up. Either way, perfection I say.

2 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I could swear I've heard Fleetwood Mac used more then once on tv

Yes, on complex and cerebral shows like The Americans. Not for any tearjerking crap.

Topic? I think Miguel must have done something to make Randall and Kevin dislike him as much as they do. They don't seem like the kind of people who would just irrationally dislike any man their mother married after their father's death.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I could swear I've heard Fleetwood Mac used more then once on tv, so maybe they would be just right for this show lol.

So I laughed hysterically just imaging the scenario as it was so pitch perfectly described and my husband teared up. Either way, perfection I say.

It was used on Cold Case twice- both the 1975 original version, and the 1990's Smashing Pumpkins cover.

Anyway, yeah...I just tried to imagine the most manipulative, schmaltzy montage the show could possibly have done. The only way to make it even cheesier would be a bit where a young, ghostly Jack smiles at his present-day kids while looking longfully at Rebecca, before walking away and then disappearing.

I really wouldn't put it past the show for them to kill off Jack but have his organs live on in other people. Especially if he dies in his early 50's and doesn't die of cancer or something that destroyed all of his organs.

My guess is that Kate walked in on Miguel cheating on Rebecca sometime after they were married. She told Randall and Kevin, and they decided not to tell Rebecca.

Someone once talked about how Ken Olin could find some way to weasel himself into the show, like he did on Brothers and Sisters a.k.a. The Olin Family Nepotism Hour. I then thought, "Well, if Rebecca and Miguel break up...Ken actually is pretty close to the right age for someone Rebecca's present-day age to date." The thought of a 62-year old Ken Olin playing love interest to a 32-year old woman pretending that she's 66 is just fucking hysterical to think of. Or just the idea of a 32-year old woman playing 66 and entering the dating pool again...somewhat like Sally Field's character on Brothers and Sisters. They could cast Mandy across a plethora of men in their 50's and 60's as love interests for Rebecca.

Knowing what Brothers and Sisters turned into really makes me wonder if the show is going to be able to maintain its low-key feeling.

If Patricia Wettig shows up, be afraid. Be very afraid. She could easily be cast as a present-day contemporary for Rebecca, Miguel, and William.

Finally...I think I've finally accepted that this show isn't going to do some horrible "Kyle is alive" scenario. Thank god.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Interestong to note that both Randall and Kevin were married young for their age group/time when their parents married fairly late for their time.

Almost makes me curious if Jack doesn't have a previous wife.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Interestong to note that both Randall and Kevin were married young for their age group/time when their parents married fairly late for their time.

Almost makes me curious if Jack doesn't have a previous wife.

Please don't put that idea into the world. Knowing Ken Olin, he'll give Jack a first wife and cast her with his own wife.

• Love 2

Quote from @possibilities from the s1e13 thread:

I thought they were going to show us flashbacks that showed how the two of them became so codependent, since so far there has been NOTHING in the flashbacks that showed the two of them even interacting one on one. It's all been about Kate/Rebecca/weight, Kevin/Randall but none of the other sibling combinations.

I have a feeling we will be seeing that--and I think it might have to do with Sophie.  

From what little we've seen of Sophie (flashbacks, one scene in this ep, and snippets in the promo), we know:

1- She was Kate's friend (off-and-on...we don't know if she was ultimately off or on)
2 - Kevin was "in love" with her from a young age
3 - Kevin hasn't had any contact with her since their divorce when they were 24
4 - While although Kevin considers her the love of his life, *she* doesn't seem particularly eager to start anything up with him again

At this point, I just don't see Kevin and Sophie re-starting a relationship.  I get the feeling that this will be the chance for Kevin to get closure and move on, but I just don't get the feeling that Sophie will become a fixture in this show.

Now, back to the quote, it looks like the big 3 were about 15-17 when Jack died and Kevin and Sophie divorced when Kevin was 24.  That's not a lot of time and that period in life is pretty tumultuous under the best of circumstance.  We know that Kate and Kevin had a bond that neither of them shared with Randall, but my speculation here is that the co-dependent aspect started when Kevin's marriage ended.  He's obviously not over it 12 years later, and Kate--as Sophie's friend and Kevin's sibling--probably had some emotional involvement in the situation as well.

Edited by OtterMommy
Kevin and Sloane were never married. SOPHIE!
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Quote from @possibilities from the s1e13 thread:

I have a feeling we will be seeing that--and I think it might have to do with Sophie.  

From what little we've seen of Sophie (flashbacks, one scene in this ep, and snippets in the promo), we know:

1- She was Kate's friend (off-and-on...we don't know if she was ultimately off or on)
2 - Kevin was "in love" with her from a young age
3 - Kevin hasn't had any contact with her since their divorce when they were 24
4 - While although Kevin considers her the love of his life, *she* doesn't seem particularly eager to start anything up with him again

At this point, I just don't see Kevin and Sophie re-starting a relationship.  I get the feeling that this will be the chance for Kevin to get closure and move on, but I just don't get the feeling that Sophie will become a fixture in this show.

Now, back to the quote, it looks like the big 3 were about 15-17 when Jack died and Kevin and Sloane divorced when Kevin was 24.  That's not a lot of time and that period in life is pretty tumultuous under the best of circumstance.  We know that Kate and Kevin had a bond that neither of them shared with Randall, but my speculation here is that the co-dependent aspect started when Kevin's marriage ended.  He's obviously not over it 12 years later, and Kate--as Sophie's friend and Kevin's sibling--probably had some emotional involvement in the situation as well.

She seemed pretty agitated that he showed up, yet agreed quickly to contact him, so maybe she would like to reem him out one final time or something like that.  I don't know if she will become a fixture in the show, but it wouldn't surprise me, since Randall and Kate are both paired up.  Having Kevin continue on the single path of one-nighters with groupies could be dull.  Or, Kevin might think winning Sophie back is a good idea (though an impulsive one), and then discover the divorce was the best thing for them both.  I can see it going either way.  What makes it interesting is how Kate figures in, I think you're right about that.

• Love 3

I hope Sophie is married and only meeting him for a side piece thing, given how he never even tested the waters before launching into his monologue of love.  

19 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I hope Sophie is married and only meeting him for a side piece thing, given how he never even tested the waters before launching into his monologue of love.  

I think--or at least I would hope--that Sophie would have mentioned the fact that she was married when Kevin came to her door, but who knows.  I will admit that I found something a bit sweet about Kevin's monologue, but I didn't feel that it was well-received by Sophie, although I can see the reason for that. 

As I said, I think this is just an intro to more angst and possible self-searching for Kevin, and not a new, or renewed, relationship.  I don't have anything against Sophie (I am no holding on to her bad girl behavior from when she was 10) and I'm not *against* a Kevin/Sophie reunion.  I just don't feel like that is the direction the show is taking.

• Love 2

I think Jack's death was quick. The kids have too many unresolved issues. If Jack had a lingering death, he would have given them a mountain of sage advice and fixed up everything before he expired. It's the St. Jack way. So, I think he died quickly (probably an accident) and there was no closure. Just a gaping wound that each child tried to fill in a different way (Kate with food, Kevin with living only on the surface, Randall with trying to be perfect (which is exhausting)).

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, kili said:

I think Jack's death was quick. The kids have too many unresolved issues. If Jack had a lingering death, he would have given them a mountain of sage advice and fixed up everything before he expired. It's the St. Jack way. So, I think he died quickly (probably an accident) and there was no closure. Just a gaping wound that each child tried to fill in a different way (Kate with food, Kevin with living only on the surface, Randall with trying to be perfect (which is exhausting)).

I'm starting to agree.  I thought a drawn-out death before, thanks to hints we've received about what we'll see in the show (and when).  But, after this last episode, I'm thinking it will be something quick, if not sudden.  We'll just have to wait...and wait...and wait for it and then probably re-live it several times.

• Love 2