Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Speculation Without Spoilers Topic

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

So, here's what I think is going to happen. Kevin and Zoe go to Vietnam to find Nicky. Then they do, he's alive although he has forgotten the first 20 years of his life entirely and has a Vietnamese wife and triplets, one of them black. 

Twist on top of twist on top of twist? Nicky is played by Milo Ventimiglia in glasses.

Boom.

• Love 5

ON 3/13/2018 AT 7:06 PM,  KATY M SAID: 

“Kevin and Zoe?  Hmm.  Wonder where they were going”

They are definitely going to Vietnam, Kevin was holding information about Vietnam and Jack’s necklace. I actually kind of do hope that he’d been a POW, or that Jack thought he died (was it confirmed that he died?) but he had ended up staying and marrying someone he met, perhaps in a hospital and Jack never knew.

• Love 1

Babalu wrote:  (apparently the quote feature didn't work):

My guess as to who the “her” Randall and Tess are going to see: Déjà to tell her that Shauna needs a kidney or bone marrow transplant OR vice versa. 

That's a good speculation and fits in with the unreality of how situations are presented in Pearsonland, i.e., no one but Jack goes to the hospital after the fire.  The writers will have overlooked the fact that family members of potential donors and/or recipients are not the ones to deliver the news of a match.  Maybe they want to see "Her" for a good old-fashioned Pearson Pep Talk?

Edited by CelticBlackCat
Added the actual quote.
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/28/2018 at 1:42 AM, CelticBlackCat said:

That's a good speculation and fits in with the unreality of how situations are presented in Pearsonland, i.e., no one but Jack goes to the hospital after the fire.  The writers will have overlooked the fact that family members of potential donors and/or recipients are not the ones to deliver the news of a match.  Maybe they want to see "Her" for a good old-fashioned Pearson Pep Talk?

I agree. That's actually a really good idea- Shauna hasn't contacted Deja in over 20 years, but she contacts Randall to get in contact with Deja because she needs a liver transplant. That would exactly be the kind of situation I can see on this show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I agree. That's actually a really good idea- Shauna hasn't contacted Deja in over 20 years, but she contacts Randall to get in contact with Deja because she needs a liver transplant. That would exactly be the kind of situation I can see on this show.

That makes no sense based on the conversation we saw with Tess where she is clearly conflicted about seeing the person after not seeing the person for several years. If it was something like the above there would no need to involve Tess if she hadn't seen Deaja for years and she has no relationship with Shauna.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

No, not that they haven't had contact with Deja, but that they have to tell her that Shauna wants to get a liver transplant or something.

But that doesn't fir with the dialogue of the scene.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

But that doesn't fir with the dialogue of the scene.

I agree. "You have to go see her," said in that tone of voice, definitely suggests a call on someone in distress, someone "you" love or for whom you feel responsibility. Someone now confined and/or in diminished circumstances: everything from an elegant assisted living waystation, to a long-term rehab facility, to a hospital ward, to a prison...or to hospice, a funeral home or cemetary. "You have to talk to her" would better convey some bad news that must be shared, or estrangement overcome.

But I'm not saying that the writers are above misdirection, especially here.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Pallas said:

I agree. "You have to go see her," said in that tone of voice, definitely suggests a call on someone in distress, someone "you" love or for whom you feel responsibility. Someone now confined and/or in diminished circumstances: everything from an elegant assisted living waystation, to a long-term rehab facility, to a hospital ward, to a prison...or to hospice, a funeral home or cemetary. "You have to talk to her" would better convey some bad news that must be shared, or estrangement overcome.

But I'm not saying that the writers are above misdirection, especially here.

Yes, I caught a sense of dread there, rather than something just difficult or unpleasant.  Now that I think about it, I don't know if I will like it if we find out that one of the core characters is in dire straights, or near death, some years (20?) in the future.  I didn't initially have strong feelings about the flashforward, but now I'm feeling opposed to this dramatic device. 

59 minutes ago, Pallas said:

ut I'm not saying that the writers are above misdirection, especially here.

Yeah it's one of the reason I hated that scene because the dialogue was so forced to not give anything away it was a horribly written scene. I would take better dialogue over these stupid twists any day.

• Love 3

I am looking forward to watching Jack's Vietnam story and how and why Kevin goes there with Zoe. Jack, as this show has shown, had an enormous impact, in many ways, on his children's lives. I think Kevin wants to learn more about his father and Jack's addictions, which may have roots in his Vietnam experience. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 9:52 AM, PRgal said:

This appeared in my social media profile today...

Not that we didn't THINK it was going to be good news...  

I'm not sure if I agree with the speculation that Deja like murders Annie or Beth, though. That might be a bridge too far, even with showing Deja's anger issues. If Deja wound up causing that much havoc in their lives, I don't think Tess would have wanted to go into social work.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)

I bet you're exactly right, if the kids are in the final episode they'd have to film those parts now or very soon.  Fogelman says he has a "path for each season", as well as how the series itself will end, right down to the final scene. I hope he's strong enough to end it according to his pre-planned timeline and not cave to NBC. You know they'll be putting heavy-duty pressure on him when that day comes around.

“There are two women who know the end of the entire show,” Fogelman said, mentioning how his wife warned him the couple in the booth next to them might be listening to his description of the series finale. “‘They’re not listening to us,’ I said […] and then I looked over there and I swear one of them was writing.”

LOL! 

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 5

This show loves to surprise, so when it comes to the flashforward, I don't think it's about Beth or Deja at all.  I think it's about Annie.  

Logically, it would make sense if it was Beth suffering from an illness or something age related (even though she won't be that old by the flashforward), or if Deja was in prison, judging from her vandalism of the car.  But that's why I think it won't go that way.  It's too predictable.  Whenever it looks like they're following a certain plot, the writing takes a sharp left to a different direction and leaves everyone guessing.  Look at Jack's death.  Everyone thought he'd perish in the fire, rather than die from smoke-related complications.  

Also, I think there's a reason we know so little about Annie at this time, other than that she's adorable and an utter delight to be around.  

• Love 2

My guess for the "who are Randall and Tess visiting" flashforward is Rebecca.  She's be almost 90 by then so they could say that she's developed dementia (or something similar) and thus has to live in a home.  Or she could be dying and they have to go visit her in the hospital or it's the anniversary of her death and they're going to visit her gravestone.  I feel like the writers are trying to make everyone think it's going to be Beth or Deja but since this show likes the Gotcha! moments, what they're doing now is a big misdirect and it'll turn out to be Rebecca instead.  

Or, in the ultimate cheap move, it'll be some character we haven't even met yet.  Like some older half-sister of Randall's or something.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2018 at 3:11 PM, Snapdragon said:

My guess for the "who are Randall and Tess visiting" flashforward is Rebecca.  She's be almost 90 by then so they could say that she's developed dementia (or something similar) and thus has to live in a home.  Or she could be dying and they have to go visit her in the hospital or it's the anniversary of her death and they're going to visit her gravestone.  I feel like the writers are trying to make everyone think it's going to be Beth or Deja but since this show likes the Gotcha! moments, what they're doing now is a big misdirect and it'll turn out to be Rebecca instead.  

Or, in the ultimate cheap move, it'll be some character we haven't even met yet.  Like some older half-sister of Randall's or something.

Or maybe Kate and Toby have a child who later has special needs - that "her" is therefore, a cousin who doesn't yet exist in present day.  OR "her" is a half-aunt, an out-of-wedlock child Jack had with a girl in Vietnam way back when (I doubt the writers will go that direction, so "her" may very well be a half cousin - a child Nicky had).  The half aunt or half cousin/half cousin once removed (or in my culture, a cousin-aunt) would be in their 70s by the future timeline, so health issues can arise...who knows?  Anyway, when do we get a teaser trailer anyway?

• Love 1

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I had a theory that I'm sure someone else may have had about the flash forward with Randall and Tess...

What if 'her' refers to Rebecca's mother?

Think about it...she obviously didn't seem to look at him the same way as Kate and Kevin, perhaps that stems to Randall's family as well?

Maybe she is on her death bed and they feel that they should see her one last time, if anything to show support for Rebecca?

Quite ponderous...and I have nothing better to do right now, lol.

Rebecca's mother would be well over 100 in a flashforward taking place in the 2030's, though. If Rebecca was born in about 1950, her mother had to be born by the early/mid-1930's at the latest.

Anyway, I'm putting it out there....a "Kyle is alive" fantasy happening. (Since they're okay with Jack is a alive in present day fantasies.) Hopefully with Ryan McPartlin...I can see him making an awesome Ghost Kyle.

I feel like it'd be a fantasy of Kevin, and even in that fantasy he's still outshone by Kyle because Kevin is a masochist. LOL.

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Rebecca's mother would be well over 100 in a flashforward taking place in the 2030's, though. If Rebecca was born in about 1950, her mother had to be born by the early/mid-1930's at the latest.

Anyway, I'm putting it out there....a "Kyle is alive" fantasy happening. (Since they're okay with Jack is a alive in present day fantasies.) Hopefully with Ryan McPartlin...I can see him making an awesome Ghost Kyle.

I feel like it'd be a fantasy of Kevin, and even in that fantasy he's still outshone by Kyle because Kevin is a masochist. LOL.

Who is "her" in this fantasy version?

I have to admit, half way through, I wish I went to bed but hanging in there. I think it's boring and predictable and I expect something soon. I don't think I've ever paid bills and surfed this much before watching this show. I starting watching Call the Midwife and it is very good and I think it will get me through the lapse in programs soon with some others.

Edited by debraran

Since they have said that the baby plot line will touch on issues not really seen on TV before, could it be post-partum depression?  Especially from the male end?  Considering how Toby already has mental health issues.....

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Since they have said that the baby plot line will touch on issues not really seen on TV before, could it be post-partum depression?  Especially from the male end?  Considering how Toby already has mental health issues.....

I was wondering the same thing. Toby did not look well in the preview and it was more than what one would expect a father in his situation would be.  I could see his depression relapsing again.   I don't think the show has confirmed in any way if he was able to get his meds back on track from the beginning of the season.

Kate develops postpartum depression, Toby is still depressed from his previous episode when he stopped taking his meds and hasn't gotten back on track, plus he feels overwhelmed with the preemie baby challenges, Kate and Toby decide they can't handle it, give Baby Jack up for adoption.

Kevin and Sophie get back together after Zoe flees her relationship with lying alcoholic Kevin, Kevin and Sophie adopt Baby Jack, which is how his name becomes Jack Pearson (not Damon).  Nicky and Kevin bond over AA and rehab and Nicky helps out with Baby Jack when Kevin and Sophie have nights out on the town.

Kate decides Audio is too much to handle as well, and gives him up because that's what she's like.  Toby can't handle life without Audio and the betrayal that Kate snuck around and rehomed him, much like her selling his Star Wars action figures, so they divorce.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, Pallas said:

In the episode topic for S03.E14, The Graduates@doodlebugnoted may of the possible consequences of a birth at 28 weeks. These included blindness or deafness. My guess is that Kate and Toby's son will be deaf. 

The only thing is that it is supposedly something new that's never been seen.  Many years ago, one of the character's on ER, surgeon Peter Benton, had a son who was born prematurely and ended up deaf.  ER actually used a deaf child actor to portray him from infancy all the way up to early teens.  They did a really good job of showing what parents go through when their child is born prematurely and later is diagnosed with problems due to it.  This is Us would have very big shoes to fill if they went with this storyline.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The only thing is that it is supposedly something new that's never been seen.  Many years ago, one of the character's on ER, surgeon Peter Benton, had a son who was born prematurely and ended up deaf.  ER actually used a deaf child actor to portray him from infancy all the way up to early teens.  They did a really good job of showing what parents go through when their child is born prematurely and later is diagnosed with problems due to it.  This is Us would have very big shoes to fill if they went with this storyline.

It would be an irony if Baby Jack is deaf and Kate and Toby have the dog named Audio.  I hope TIU doesn't go there.

Since it turned out that the “her” in the flashforward was Beth, my speculation (after Randall’s incredibly contemptuous voicemail to Beth) is that she and Randall will get divorced.

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
18 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Since it turned out that the “her” in the flashforward was Beth, my speculation (after Randall’s incredibly contemptuous voicemail to Beth) is that she and Randall will get divorced.

The “her” in the flash forward is Rebecca not Beth. 

Beth tells her employee “We are going to see Randall’s mother”.

7 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

Yes, and since she did refer to Rebecca as Randall's mother and not my mother-in-law, along with the fact Randall wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I don't think), that can point toward them being divorced. Also, Tess was communicating with Beth, Randall wasn't. But these could all be red herrings.

1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

Yes, and since she did refer to Rebecca as Randall's mother and not my mother-in-law, along with the fact Randall wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I don't think), that can point toward them being divorced. Also, Tess was communicating with Beth, Randall wasn't. But these could all be red herrings.

Randall is wearing his wedding ring but I’m not hearing you on the “Randall's mother and not my mother-in-law” 😂 

3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I think there's red herrings with the flashforwards....but more in relation to the time period if they go get divorced. I think they're trying too hard to make us think that it'll happen in the present day timeline, but they wouldn't do that. The show knows Randall/Beth is a highly popular couple so would they really risk having them co-parent separately for however long the show runs for? The flashforwards are a different story since they're used sparingly and they can afford to have them be divorced then....though does the show really want that hanging over present day Randall/Beth, like Jack's death does when watching the past scenes?

The flashforwards haven't been seen since the reveal of Beth owning the dance studio and Rebecca being the "her" who Randall and Tess are going to visit. Which is why I think they'll be reintroduced in the finale with some other major mystery put into place. Maybe we'll find out where Kevin is in this flashforward. Maybe he's with Zoe still or maybe they're not together. Maybe he has a kid, maybe he doesn't. My prediction is that we might get a flashforward with Kevin and his future kid. I can see the show giving him a kid, even though I honestly don't think he needs to have a kid to live a fulfilled life.

We also have no idea where Deja, Annie, Kate, or Miguel are, so that'll need to be addressed if they want to continue with the flashforwards. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

Argh. Obviously I wasn’t paying very close attention! The only thing I remembered was seeing older Beth. Thanks!

8 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Do you think they’ll ever do a “The One That Could Have Been” episode (tm Friends)? An episode about where they’d be if Jack had lived?

The only way I would like this is if we see them having some of the same issues they are dealing with now.  Like Randall feels unfulfilled in his job and still quits, Kate studies singing but doesn’t really make it, etc.  They would all think their life would be perfect if their dad had lived, but of course it wouldn’t.

I still want a backstory on Rebecca and Miguel and their relationship.  He is quickly becoming my favorite.  I might be the only one, but their story is the one I want now.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I still want a backstory on Rebecca and Miguel and their relationship.  He is quickly becoming my favorite.  I might be the only one, but their story is the one I want now.

I want to see that too. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

The only way I would like this is if we see them having some of the same issues they are dealing with now.  Like Randall feels unfulfilled in his job and still quits, Kate studies singing but doesn’t really make it, etc.  They would all think their life would be perfect if their dad had lived, but of course it wouldn’t.

Kevin is left out once again 😞

j/k 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, Crs97 said:

Party of Five did this. I think the conclusion was the siblings would really be not be that close if they had not been forced to band together after the death of their parents. I also feel that a lot of Kate’s weight gain from teenagers to adulthood had to do with the soul crushing loss of Jack.  Will she be smaller if he had lived?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Here's a wild theory to the mother of Kevin's future child: Madison, Kate's friend.

Who knows, she's blonde, cute, we will see after he sobers up who he meets.   I've been hoping for a story where he and Nicky sober up about the same time, if he's in the future, he must have contracted on for some time which is great.

I feel Toby's depression put a strain on the marriage and that is why they are separated. Sometimes you get better and then it rears it's ugly head again. I wish they didn't have him go off his meds, that seemed to start the mood swings even when he went back on. I hope we are wrong and the "unconventional" way of child rearing is just something different that Chrissy mentioned.

• Love 1

Something worried me in the flash forward. When Randall asked Kevin's son where Kevin was, the boy answered that he was getting takeout, but there was an odd tone and pause in the way he said it. Then the way Randall and Beth looked at each other and he said, "typical Kevin." I hope Kevin doesn't return not just with takeout, but a water bottle filled with vodka. 

• Love 1

Since I'm pretty sure that Kevin's son was played by young Kevin, I wondered if the show could use the other young actors that way. Maybe Annie strays as a teenager, and in the future she has a son played by young Randall. Maybe Kevin has an older daughter that looks like teen Kate, and baby Jack looks like teen Kevin when he grows up (which would make jokes about Kevin/Kate's closeness even more awkward).

I thought of Madison as the mother too, though they will have show how it went from "She's crazy" to "Why are you here?" to mother of his child. I'm hoping that they bring back his girlfriend from season 1 (Lane? The At&T girl). At the moment, however, please no Sophie. They already broke up twice now, and he's already responsible for her ending one relationship before.

• Love 1