Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Surprise Surprise!

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Has Butch been sentenced yet for the driving while suspended incident? I'm just curious  if he will just get a few days/weeks in jail or if he will actually be sent back to prison. All I could find was that he was in jail from Oct. 13-17 and released from that jail but the authors of the articles were not sure if he was transferred to another facility or actually freed. His DOC page has no updates.

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=262573

• Love 2
8 hours ago, alexa said:

To be fair we only saw them drop off the kids in that one scene.  Most other scenes Maci is at home interacting with and feeding her children.  So, as to how much they go to daycare we don't know, but I don't get the sense it is an all day thing every day.  If it is I could give these 2 the benefit of the doubt that there is a reason compared to all of the other moms who really show very little care for their children.  

As for the Bud Light, honestly if she is not drunk all day long while caring for them, as grown adults it is up to them how they spend their free time.  It really is no different from the cocktails that parents of my generation had on a regular basis.  I am not a huge drinker at all, so I understand your comment, but also think drinking is okay in moderation....and as long as it doesn't interfere with your life.

I do not believe Maci works outside the home. And IMHO, drinking is far worse than smoking pot.

• Love 12

I know I am nit picking, but it grinds my gears when parents scream halfway across the room to get their kids attention, rather than going towards them.  People do that in the library all the time. If they don't listen to you the first 3 times, continuing isn't going to help.

• Love 9

Smoking pot is much less potentially harmful to a kid than heavy drinking imo, though of course neither is ideal. But the main issue is that she doesn't seem to mind the fact that she was drunk throughout her pregnancy.

I agree that generally drinking is fine, even a good amount. But Maci binge drinks extremely frequently. 

• Love 6
On 10/25/2016 at 7:58 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Some people just cannot pull off blonde. I felt like that about Chelsea's white-blonde hair years ago, and I feel that way about Farrah now. Blonde is not for you, Farrah. 

She looks like she's 40+ here.

I'm 40+, but you know, I'm 40+.

When I was her age I looked 23.  When I was 28 I looked 23.  Come on, Farrah! Stop fucking with your looks.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Smoking pot is much less potentially harmful to a kid than heavy drinking imo, though of course neither is ideal. But the main issue is that she doesn't seem to mind the fact that she was drunk throughout her pregnancy.

I agree that generally drinking is fine, even a good amount. But Maci binge drinks extremely frequently. 

I know that Maci and Taylor are seen with beers quite often, but has it really been shown that either of them binge drink on an "extremely frequent" basis? Maybe they have been and I have missed it, but as far as I know they may just be drinking one or two beers.

I sometimes wonder if MTV and/or Maci and Taylor get paid for Bud Light product placement as it is shown so often.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

She looks like she's 40+ here.

I'm 40+, but you know, I'm 40+.

When I was her age I looked 23.  When I was 28 I looked 23.  Come on, Farrah! Stop fucking with your looks.

This made me think: none of them look 25, do they? I guess Jenelle does.  Of this group, Catelyn looks like Tyler's mom, Farrah looks like an old cougar, Amber looks 40, and I guess Maci looks the best but she even looks rough.  Chelsea looks like a 40 year old drag queen with that mane of fake hair and terrible makeup, Leah looks like a 40 year old crack head, and Kail looks like a manatee.  No one looks good!!  Man, what I wouldn't give to go back to looking how I looked when I was 25.  Why do all of these girls look so terrible already?  

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, poopchute said:

This made me think: none of them look 25, do they? I guess Jenelle does.  Of this group, Catelyn looks like Tyler's mom, Farrah looks like an old cougar, Amber looks 40, and I guess Maci looks the best but she even looks rough.  Chelsea looks like a 40 year old drag queen with that mane of fake hair and terrible makeup, Leah looks like a 40 year old crack head, and Kail looks like a manatee.  No one looks good!!  Man, what I wouldn't give to go back to looking how I looked when I was 25.  Why do all of these girls look so terrible already?  

it's money.  They get rich & think they can buy someone's idea of  "beautiful" (again I cite 72-year-old Heidi Montag).  I think most of the Vanderpump Rules girls are already Botox-ing.  I feel like when you do it too early it ages you.

We were all natural beauties because we were very poor at the age of 25!!  hardly any makeup, quick blow-dry, sundress, flip-flops, good to go  (sigh....)

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, poopchute said:

you must know some pretty amazing looking 40 year olds!...lol. Chelsea doesnt look anywhere near 40 to me, none of them do except for Cate sad to say. Amber is hit or miss, but yea I'd say she looks older most of the time, maybe early 30's, but certainly not 40. Farrah just looks weird... cant really put an age on her... 

• Love 7

I think Jenelle's fake boobs make her look matronly and older. 

This is true for a lot of petite young women who get bolt ons.

I do know some amazing looking 40 year olds.  I find it pretty alarming that a lot of millennials I see are actually aging alarmingly fast. I'm not sure if it's poor diet or bad sunscreen or being generally sedentary, although maybe it's the drag queen contouring.  How the eff did that get to be a thing?

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I do know some amazing looking 40 year olds.  I find it pretty alarming that a lot of millennials I see are actually aging alarmingly fast. I'm not sure if it's poor diet or bad sunscreen or being generally sedentary, although maybe it's the drag queen contouring.  How the eff did that get to be a thing?

millennials are aging better than ever, I urge you to look at pictures of baby boomers in their 40's. but even those pictures would be generous because they were low resolution and hid many fine lines, wrinkles...etc...

HD cant hide anything...lol. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

And the troweled on makeup and crazy eyebrows she's been sporting lately don't help either.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, EDTV said:

you must know some pretty amazing looking 40 year olds!...lol. Chelsea doesnt look anywhere near 40 to me, none of them do except for Cate sad to say. Amber is hit or miss, but yea I'd say she looks older most of the time, maybe early 30's, but certainly not 40. Farrah just looks weird... cant really put an age on her... 

I don't know that the 40 year olds I know are amazing, they just look normal.  But 40.  I'm 35 and all of these girls look older than I do.  And rougher.  And I don't have the money for expensive clothes, makeup, hair, personal training like they all do.  Not saying they use those things but they have the money to look good if they wanted to.  Instead they are hideous.  What will they look like when they are actually 40?

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I don't know that the 40 year olds I know are amazing, they just look normal.  But 40.  I'm 35 and all of these girls look older than I do.  And rougher.  And I don't have the money for expensive clothes, makeup, hair, personal training like they all do.  Not saying they use those things but they have the money to look good if they wanted to.  Instead they are hideous.  What will they look like when they are actually 40?

Kim Zolciak.

• Love 9

What is in the cup that Maci has perpetually in her hand? In  every scene. Is she breastfeeding Maverick? If so, it could be water, but part of me thinks she is drinking but since she got slammed for drinking during her pregnancy, my guess is that she pours her beer into a thermos cup. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

What is in the cup that Maci has perpetually in her hand? In  every scene. Is she breastfeeding Maverick? If so, it could be water, but part of me thinks she is drinking but since she got slammed for drinking during her pregnancy, my guess is that she pours her beer into a thermos cup. 

I wouldn't be surprised.

• Love 4

Who the hell has time to drink with a newborn around? Baby Birdee is three months old and there's no way I could have more than the occasional drink and keep her fed/clothed/freshly diapered. And having a hangover with a newborn? That must be it's own special hell.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, starfire said:

I know that Maci and Taylor are seen with beers quite often, but has it really been shown that either of them binge drink on an "extremely frequent" basis? Maybe they have been and I have missed it, but as far as I know they may just be drinking one or two beers.

I sometimes wonder if MTV and/or Maci and Taylor get paid for Bud Light product placement as it is shown so often.

You're right, we can't really know...but that level of obsession with it to the point you're talking about it a ton, constantly joking about being drunk,going on beer runs and party weekends (seemingly very frequently...) and making it a prominent part of your wedding, and drinking throughout a pregnancy...it seems like a lot to me. Maybe it's mostly for show?

She used to live in a pretty hardcore party house...she may have chilled out since most recent baby though? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Birdee said:

Who the hell has time to drink with a newborn around? Baby Birdee is three months old and there's no way I could have more than the occasional drink and keep her fed/clothed/freshly diapered. And having a hangover with a newborn? That must be it's own special hell.

Lol, who has time to drink while 5 months pregnant?! This asshole did so I don't see how a newborn would stop her.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

You're right, we can't really know...but that level of obsession with it to the point you're talking about it a ton, constantly joking about being drunk,going on beer runs and party weekends (seemingly very frequently...) and making it a prominent part of your wedding, and drinking throughout a pregnancy...it seems like a lot to me. Maybe it's mostly for show?

She used to live in a pretty hardcore party house...she may have chilled out since most recent baby though? 

Agree. Don't forget the decor in their kitchen that refers to drinking beers.

There was that scene last season where she didn't want the footage to be shown as she was shown chugging beers. Maci and Taylor were at some get-together with friends as they partied like they were 18 year olds on spring break.

Even Simon put his two cents in on Maci's drinking according to this article from a month ago:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/maci-bookout-teen-mom-og-pregnant-drinking-114350

This dude is just letting it all out. lol

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Agree. Don't forget the decor in their kitchen that refers to drinking beers.

There was that scene last season where she didn't want the footage to be shown as she was shown chugging beers. Maci and Taylor were at some get-together with friends as they partied like they were 18 year olds on spring break.

I mean I like my wine, probably too much, so I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but I don't have kids, and I've severely cut back just because I'm starting to go to fertility workup appointments to consider conceiving...I just majorly side eye that. Especially because of the fake surprise pregnancy. She knows she was drinking heavily. This isn't one beer or one glass of champagne...

• Love 8

When I was growing up, one of my aunts had a plaque with this particular saying on it. It was on her family room wall.  Maci should put one up:

She who drinks gets drunk
She who gets drunk goes to sleep
She who goes to sleep does not sin
She who does not sin goes to Heaven
So let’s all drink and go to Heaven!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

I can't  judge Maci and Taylor as yeah I don't know them personally but a lot of their OG scenes did contain them drinking, they tend to talk about it as well, the engagement photos featured them drinking beer, along with the wedding photo favor(?) Of a beer cozy thing. It just seems like that it is a big part of their lives.

• Love 8

Things I noticed in this episode:

1. Butch's hair was dark brown in the first scene out at the hammock - it was gray the rest of the episode

2. Was Novalee really pooping on that little toilet? Or just pretending? I hope to God she was pretending- I just can't imagine what it would feel like to grow up and then learn that your parents had you filmed trying to poop as a toddler on a reality show. That seems like a new low even for this crew.

3. These people are all boring A-holes

• Love 6

I usually don't even notice continuity errors like that but I noticed Butch's changing hair color immediately! It was just so obvious in those back to back scenes.  I know they're piecing together what works to make the best show (and when I say "best," I mean the least horrible parts to put together this stupid ass show) but I think they should put a tiny bit of effort into making it flow visually too.

• Love 5

I know there are many theories on potty training. I would think having the potty in the bathroom would be a better idea. Just me?

When I was potty training my son, we were in and out of the bathroom every 15 or 20 minutes for the first few days.  Maybe that's why Cate is just doing it in her living room.  She's right by her couch so there's no chance that she may have to walk to the other end of the house or something.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

2. Was Novalee really pooping on that little toilet? Or just pretending? I hope to God she was pretending- I just can't imagine what it would feel like to grow up and then learn that your parents had you filmed trying to poop as a toddler on a reality show. That seems like a new low even for this crew.

Seriously, this couldn't demonstrate more how little they respect themselves, and as a result, how little they respect their child. I hated that so much.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Seriously, this couldn't demonstrate more how little they respect themselves, and as a result, how little they respect their child. I hated that so much.

It is sad that Mtv production would suggest it as a "storyline," film it, and then actually air it. 

• Love 8

My my count, these people between the two shows have had fifteen children altogether (mind blown, BTW). This is the first I recall seeing footage of a child actually trying to go to the bathroom on film. I think it's okay to film the frustrations of potty training from the parents' perspective, but this stuff is private. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't know if this Thermos-drinking is a trend, but I've seen several of my friends' facebook posts with photos from vacations, all of them sporting one of those chrome Thermos containers.  And I know my friends enough to know that it ain't coffee they're drinking.

My guess is that Maci's sipping that Bud Light.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I know there are many theories on potty training. I would think having the potty in the bathroom would be a better idea. Just me?

Our son's potty was always in the bathroom.  But he and his wife have no problem putting their daughter's in the living room, etc.  It is a bit off-putting for me to be visiting and have her go potty next to where I'm sitting, but she's their kid not mine.   I saw an internet video of someone's kid sitting on a potty on a chair in a restaurant, and that's where this old-timer would draw the line!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I've always been of the opinion that shit belongs in the bathroom.

Being that it is Casa Bacteria (tm @CofCinci), there is likely shit all over the damn house.

4 hours ago, Cabarb said:

When I was potty training my son, we were in and out of the bathroom every 15 or 20 minutes for the first few days.  Maybe that's why Cate is just doing it in her living room.  She's right by her couch so there's no chance that she may have to walk to the other end of the house or something.

Think about this for a minute. If Cate can't bother to have her child go to the bathroom for potty training because the bathroom is so far from the couch, imagine Cate on the couch (it's not hard to imagine really, but you know what I mean), she has the urge to go herself, but she is so damn lazy to get up that she just can't make the walk to the bathroom. The girl is wearing Depends. I hope.

18 hours ago, Birdee said:

It is because she has three kids that her need for alcohol has probably intensified.

Is she breastfeeding Top Gun? I can't with the name Maverick. It makes me think of the movie Top Gun.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I've always been of the opinion that shit belongs in the bathroom.

Haha! Me too but my mom suggested (insisted, really) that our son (who is a couple of months older than Nova) may do better with using his little potty in the living room while watching Mickey Mouse (he's a huge Mouse groupie). So we brought that potty out to the living room while my mom was visiting one day. Our son immediately yelled "No! No potty! Potty by big potty!" and proceded to try to drag his little potty into the bathroom next to the toilet (which he calls "big potty"). He knew that's not where we potty and not the room where the potty goes. He shares your opinion, Brooklynista.

Since Tyler thought his kid was so smart for asking to go night-night, I'm sure my son must be a genius for knowing the potty goes in the bathroom.... /sarcasm 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13

I think one of the reasons those little potty things can be in any room is so that if you have a kid who's impatient, as @MyPeopleAreNordic notes, you can distract them with TV while they sit. Fuck, I don't miss potty training kids, that sucked. Eventually the potty migrates back to the bathroom and you can transition to the throne. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

My my count, these people between the two shows have had fifteen children altogether (mind blown, BTW). This is the first I recall seeing footage of a child actually trying to go to the bathroom on film. I think it's okay to film the frustrations of potty training from the parents' perspective, but this stuff is private. 

I believe Bentley was shown on his potty seat. He was also shown naked and peeing out in the front yard.

• Love 4

When I potty trained my first, we had the potty in the living room. We lived in a town home at the time and the only bathroom downstairs was really tiny and there really wasn't a place to put it. He was not quick enough to make it upstairs! I set the potty on the wall right outside the bathroom and we always dumped it immediately and kept it very sanitary. We moved not long after that, and our current house is fairly small, so I didn't have the same issues with my other kids. I don't really think it's a big deal for the beginning stages of potty training. 

That being said, Ty and Cate do anything and everything to make their lives easier. I'm surprised Cate doesn't have a mini fridge next to that couch. And yea, DON'T film your child going potty. So rude. 

• Love 7

My best friends had a potty outside of the bathroom near the living room) because her son has a sister 3 yrs older who somehow always managed to monopolize the bathroom when he would need to go, so it was easier to usher him to that seat than all the way across the house to her own bathroom.  

Maci's cup is called a "yeti" (well that's the name brand anyway) I happen to have one that is usually filled with Dr Pepper, who knows what's in hers though. They are good cups though, the ice stays frozen all day... yeti brand is expensive but Walmart has one arctic) that is much cheaper that works just as well... if anyone is interested.  

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

My best friends had a potty outside of the bathroom near the living room) because her son has a sister 3 yrs older who somehow always managed to monopolize the bathroom when he would need to go, so it was easier to usher him to that seat than all the way across the house to her own bathroom.  

Maci's cup is called a "yeti" (well that's the name brand anyway) I happen to have one that is usually filled with Dr Pepper, who knows what's in hers though. They are good cups though, the ice stays frozen all day... yeti brand is expensive but Walmart has one arctic) that is much cheaper that works just as well... if anyone is interested.  

Thank you for the heads up on that cup.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, leighroda said:

I don't know where you live Leighroda, but those Yeti cups & their Wal-Mart knock-off counter part are super popular where I live (south Louisiana) and I think have really become the rage in the South over the last year or so. My husband has one he keeps water in and most of my coworkers carry one around all day with water as well.

That said, I'm 95% sure Maci's has beer.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

Since Maci and Taylor are so boring, I spend their scenes counting if there is a TTM product placement in each one. Yep, multiple is a few scenes. Between the fug shirts and the cups, every scene. I am surprised that they don't put a logo on the kids toys.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 10/25/2016 at 6:23 AM, ghoulina said:

I don't know what to say about Farrah and her employee. On the one hand, the girl actually did look and sound pretty incompetent. On the other hand, if Farrah had asked more pertinent interview questions, she might have KNOWN this. And who knows what the truth really is? She says Kiana insisted on cleaning out the machine, even though Farrah knew she wasn't ready. But I could easily see Farrah not training her, telling her she HAS to stay and do it, and just expecting her to figure it out. 

I did love Michael telling her to "be professional like you always are". Hahahaha! And then Farrah is all, "I talk few words". Actually, you talk a lot of words, but few of them make sense. 

At any rate, at least Kiana can now have a great story about being fired by a loon wearing crazy glasses.

And maybe a good unemployment claim.  I was a hearings officer at the Texas Employment Commission for a brief time many moons ago; I assume this portion of the law hasn't changed:

You can't get unemployment benefits if you were fired from your last job for cause (like misconduct), but you can get benefits if you were fired and you were never able to do the job in the first place (that's not considered misconduct).  That's why I loved it when Farrah said, "It's my fault, and you should not have worked here."

I hope Kiana filed for unemployment and Farrah represented herself at the hearing.  I can see her going on and on about how terrible Kiana was from day one, never did anything right, etc.  Kiana says, "I tried, but I got almost no training, and nothing I did was ever good enough for her."  Farrah:  "I provided perfect training but you never caught on."

Judgment for Kiana.  Chargeback for Froco.

On 10/25/2016 at 11:23 AM, RamonaSenomar said:

While I don't disagree that [Farrah's] got the work ethic that Cate and Amber lack, she is not fit for a leadership role by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, when she and Kiana were trying to get the inventory put up, Farrah really was working pretty smart.  But egad, the tone in her voice.  Just say, "Why don't you do the fruit while I do this?" 

And those pocket t-shirts that Maci and Taylor were wearing in the car.  I don't think I'd ever gotten a good look at them before.  Really really stupid.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Clarify that Froco has to pay for the unemployment benefits.
  • Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, MrsPatrickBateman said:

Tyler's head really bothers me. It's too small for his body. Whenever he puts his hand next to his face it makes it really obvious.

This.  When he was wearing that tank top sitting in the chair talking to the producer, I could barely pay attention to what he was saying (I'm sure I missed some really profound thoughts) because I was so distracted by his tiny little head.  It reminded me of the creature in the waiting room from that movie Beetlejuice with the shrunken head.

Farrah was cracking me up.  I thought maybe she was just confused the first time she mentioned "severencing the relationship" but then she did it again!  God that girl is dumb.  And a world with two Farrah's is a world I don't want to live in.  Yeesh.

I'm pretty sure the producers make Maci and Taylor talk about Raaaaahn.  You can tell they're over him and don't give a shit.

I started laughing out loud when I saw Cate laying in the grass at that party.  That was hilarious.  I have to admit I was impressed with Nova pooping on the potty.  She's a day younger than my daughter and we haven't even thought about starting potty training yet.  Shit, we're still working on it with our son and he's 4 and a half.  Sigh.  Gah.

Amber can kiss my ass.  Way to blame the victims.  I can't wait until Matt knocks her up and promptly disappears into the sunset.  She's delusional.

• Love 8

What stuck out to me this ep. was Matt and the tabloid scene. Amber said something like 'what he did in his past doesn't matter' and Matt, with a beet red face snapped, 'so you think I actually did that in my past?' Very loosely paraphrased, but damn. He's trying to make Amber doubt herself. It also means Amber actually does feel the rumours are true, but is still accepting him for "who he is now." 

Also, not okay with Amber's victim shaming. I'm sure all those women were manipulated and smitten with him, while being taken advantage of, just like Amber is now. It's only a matter of time. Amber has had more red flags than any woman I know, and she doesn't care. I'm looking forward to when this all crumbles. 

Farrah's attitude kills me. That froco scene would have gone way differently had Farrah been a rational human being. Farrah also doesn't have a clue how to interact with her daughter. Sophia doesn't give a shit about her mom's employees, or the closing of a house in LA. Adult Sophia is going to have Farrah's attitude, combined with major resentment for missing out on her childhood. Look out world!

• Love 13