Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

18 minutes ago, backformore said:

After the Kurt Eichenwald/Tucker Carlson interview, Kurt got a lot of hate on Twitter - ugly insulting comments.   One Trump supporter who had been messing with him posted a flashing light gif that is specifically designed to give someone a seizure.   They did that knowing that Kurt has epilepsy, and it did trigger a seizure.  He is trying to find the identity of the person, and intends to pursue legal action.   He tweeted that he was taking a break from twitter - and that was followed by more hate, ugliness, and insults, AND re-posting the flashing gif. 

And I don't suppose there's any Trump supporters coming out to say that went to far either.

People are not hiding that this is how far they'll go (and those who are hiding it are just silent in response to this stuff). So we know people are willing to welcome a Russian dictator to interfere with the election, let Trump & co. run the country strictly for personal gain, dismantle and discredit any government agency and they'll react to anyone who points out this is obviously bad (for everyone--including Trump supporters) with death threats, harassment, slurs and actual attack. Texas electors who said they wouldn't vote for Trump were also deluged with hate, including threats to rape the guys wife and children with a knife unless he did what he was told.

And these are the same people who will then claim the country needs to "unite" now that the election is over. Patriotism, kindness, decency, God--any good thing you can think of is just something you use to throw at people who actually strive for those things to shut them up while you ignore them all yourself. 

Ironically, we're actually trying to help these people. So it's a bit like getting stabbed repeatedly (and sneered at) for trying to keep someone from electrocuting themselves. As much as I'd love to let them fry, if they fry I fry too.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, millennium said:

My post was never about showing respect to the President-Elect, but respect for what we put on the page, and the people reading it.   

I actually (reluctantly) agree with this. Because I agree with the anti-Trump people I've seen on television who say that we, who despise this man and everything he stands for, must still reach out to those who see him differently and support and love him.  That we have to not give up on them.

Well, I give up every time I hear them interviewed, but in theory I agree with the "don't give up, they're still often good-hearted, well-intentioned fellow citizens who are ignoring a lot of things about him because of something stronger that is speaking to them.  You have to keep a dialogue so when everything goes to hell--sadly, it will--they have not completely tuned you out already."

So in dropping Tubby, which entertained me just a little in such a grim situation, and using "Trump", that's my sign of respect for his supporters. I'm not sure it's sincere--I wish I could respect them, but.....--but at least its an effort, a symbol that I haven't completely given up on 62 million people who voted for this evil, horrible fool.

And I agree with your basic point, too. I wouldn't go to a thread that kept calling Hillary "Crooked Hillary" (and worse) and I wouldn't listen to what anyone who did that had to say. I might listen (or read) if they didn't use personal insults (in other words, had better manners than their leader, who I'll now be forced to listen to every day. /bitter, but I digress).

• Love 2

I think that, instead of showing the inauguration on TV, all the networks should show that clip where Trump asks Russia to hack Hillary's e-mail (long before the election) on a continuous loop. They can also add in clips of him mocking the disabled, the footage from pussygate, him wanting to build that "beautiful wall" and him discussing the "bad hombres" out there, wanting to deport millions, claiming millions voted illegally, the fact that he had no idea that Russia was in the Ukraine and swore that Putin wouldn't go there, etc. Basically, they should put together a reel of Tubby being an arrogant, moronic, misogynistic, homophobic, bigoted, racist, orange oompa loompa POS - His "Greatest Hits," so to speak. That would be far more entertaining, and, given the popular vote, would probably get higher ratings for the networks than showing his inauguration.

I will most definitely not be watching the inauguration, nor will I ever watch any speech he ever gives or any attempt at him trying to speak on camera. I will read about things afterwards (or see it on Rachel Maddow or LOD) from reputable sources and ignore any "fake news," or that which is incredibly biased towards the "alt-right." I am going to do my part to ensure that, at an absolute minimum, he goes down as the least popular president in history and I am not going to feed his ego by watching him speak or following his Twitter or anything like that. Just to be clear, I'm not against those who follow his Twitter to keep up with his insanity, by the way. That is his chosen method of communication, especially as he has an aversion to press conferences because he likely knows he'll look like the complete idiot that he is. I just have never been one to use Twitter even long before this, but I do rely on those of you that do follow him and his asinine comments to keep me informed on this board, so I thank all of you who suffer through his ridiculous, childish Tweets and share them here so we can all keep an eye on what he may trying to distract us from or just monitor the progression of his apparent various mental issues, like his narcissistic personality disorder and his desperate need to be loved and adored.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

And I don't suppose there's any Trump supporters coming out to say that went to far either.

People are not hiding that this is how far they'll go (and those who are hiding it are just silent in response to this stuff). So we know people are willing to welcome a Russian dictator to interfere with the election, let Trump & co. run the country strictly for personal gain, dismantle and discredit any government agency and they'll react to anyone who points out this is obviously bad (for everyone--including Trump supporters) with death threats, harassment, slurs and actual attack. Texas electors who said they wouldn't vote for Trump were also deluged with hate, including threats to rape the guys wife and children with a knife unless he did what he was told.

And these are the same people who will then claim the country needs to "unite" now that the election is over. Patriotism, kindness, decency, God--any good thing you can think of is just something you use to throw at people who actually strive for those things to shut them up while you ignore them all yourself. 

Ironically, we're actually trying to help these people. So it's a bit like getting stabbed repeatedly (and sneered at) for trying to keep someone from electrocuting themselves. As much as I'd love to let them fry, if they fry I fry too.

This is why I cannot watch the inauguration or any of his victory lap speeches, among other reasons. I know I would have a conniption fit when Twitler opens his gaping prolapse of a mouth to utter some BS about the nation uniting and coming together after all he has done to sow the seeds of every -ism (racism, sexism, etc.) under the sun. NOPE! 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

No, the opposite, actually. Continued postings of flashing gifs , comments that if Twitter gives him seizures he should avoid the computer, and basically laughing and calling him names. It was one of the ugliest attacks I've seen.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I will most definitely not be watching the inauguration, nor will I ever watch any speech he ever gives or any attempt at him trying to speak on camera. I will read about things afterwards (or see it on Rachel Maddow or LOD) from reputable sources and ignore any "fake news," or that which is incredibly biased towards the "alt-right." I am going to do my part to ensure that, at an absolute minimum, he goes down as the least popular president in history and I am not going to feed his ego by watching him speak or following his Twitter or anything like that. Just to be clear, I'm not against those who follow his Twitter to keep up with his insanity, by the way. That is his chosen method of communication, especially as he has an aversion to press conferences because he likely knows he'll look like the complete idiot that he is. I just have never been one to use Twitter even long before this, but I do rely on those of you that do follow him and his asinine comments to keep me informed on this board, so I thank all of you who suffer through his ridiculous, childish Tweets and share them here so we can all keep an eye on what he may trying to distract us from or just monitor the progression of his apparent various mental issues, like his narcissistic personality disorder and his desperate need to be loved and adored.

I can't stand his VOICE.  I have a visceral reaction to hearing him speak.  The only way I can tolerate it is in the clips that are mocked/criticized by people like Trevor Noah, Rachel Maddow.  His tweets give me some insight as to what he's thinking, without having to see and hear him.  My mental picture is Trump, hands up, making that thumb/forefinger circle, and saying "Believe me!"   And I don't. 

I wish Jeb had been smarter - not that I like or respect him, just that a Jeb Bush presidency would have been less harmful by comparison.   Yeah,  Inept is better than evil.

• Love 17

I will always remember on Trevor Noah's show, they interviewed Trump supporters.  One was talking about how Republicans knew how important it is to respect women.  The interviewer sked him to turn around, to get the back of his shirt on camera.  It said Trump That Bitch!   yeah, respect women.

All those Trump supporters with their anti-Hillary slogans - I hope they ALL lose their jobs after he's inaugurated.

• Love 11

^^ A lot of them will, but they'll still blame "libtard cucks" for all their problems.  For a party/group of people who claim to believe in "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" they sure like to blame others for their lot in life.  The hypocrisy is glaring to anyone who isn';t willfully blind.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

I will always remember on Trevor Noah's show, they interviewed Trump supporters.  One was talking about how Republicans knew how important it is to respect women.  The interviewer sked him to turn around, to get the back of his shirt on camera.  It said Trump That Bitch!   yeah, respect women.

All those Trump supporters with their anti-Hillary slogans - I hope they ALL lose their jobs after he's inaugurated.

Yeah, because in their mind those t-shirts make sense because remember Hillary and Obama aren't even human. They've dehumanized Hillary, so she's not even a woman to them, she and Obama smell like sulfur because they are really demons. She's evil incarnate, she was dancing around on the graves of the people we lost in Benghazi. She's got  child sex rings going on in pizzerias and shit. I mean their deranged list goes on and on, and they truly believe everything on that list. Instead of really, truly thinking about things that she fucked up because of incompetence and/or poor decision making and not because she's hateful. Um, because these politicians have all been royally fucking up, she's does NOT have a unique place in history on this front, sorry, she doesn't. I've seen rational, reasonable people talk about her fuck ups and I can listen to them respectfully and think about what they are saying, so she's not some heroine this supporter. I admire her but I don't have blinders on, but when you come at me with some of this she's the most evil nonhuman ever, then bye, just bye.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

^^ A lot of them will, but they'll still blame "libtard cucks" for all their problems.  For a party/group of people who claim to believe in "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" they sure like to blame others for their lot in life.  The hypocrisy is glaring to anyone who isn';t willfully blind.

Like how they tell others they need to stop seeing themselves as victims...so we can focus on how white, straight, cis Christian men are the real victims.

4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Apparently the Russian hacks went beyond what we thought -  the joint chiefs of staff, the pentagon, all are said to have been hacked. 

Which, of course, was why SoS were encouraged to have a private server!

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

You can say that right. It's one huge reason why I don't even bother to try to talk to them. And then you have the Republicans who call those who compromise, 'Cuckservatives'. There's no way to win or compromise with them. They're blinded by their own hatred and ignorance.

5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Like how they tell others they need to stop seeing themselves as victims...so we can focus on how white, straight, cis Christian men are the real victims.

Which, of course, was why SoS were encouraged to have a private server!

Yep. They just keep on buying into the same old games.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Some women actually find Trump hot and sexy. Nope, this is not from the Onion.

http://thenewfem.com/5-reasons-donald-trump-is-hot-and-sexy/

I read the article, well, I almost read it all but after the first paragraph all that she would say was predictable. It's written by a 1960's baby-boomer generation woman who is still wearing those old rose-colored glasses that she refuses to let go of.  If she saw him in a different environment and under different circumstances as a bloated, boastful man wearing a pair of dirty jeans, work boots and sweat stained work shirt she wouldn't think he was so hot and sexy. She'd think he was a ordinary guy who works hard and eats too many burgers.

But there's one thing she said that we've all heard way too many times that has been part of the dialog here on PVT the past few days. "2. He answers to nobody, he’s blunt and he’s politically incorrect".  That's a phenomena that's new to this election. Can it really be good that he's blunt and doesn't care who he offends as long as his words makes people applaud? The fact is that he just doesn't have the skills to tactfully convey his messages. He's only capable of using ditch-digger vernacular to convey his thoughts.  He simply doesn't have the verbal skills necessary to convey a message without being insulting or offensive to many groups of people.

That type of 'telling it like it is' speech is nothing more than hostile disrespect for others that don't share your opinion. It's marginalizing their judgement and perspective. Do two wrongs make a right? Does it serve any purpose other than venting to get down to the level of Trump supporters? There's just no bottom or no depths to which people can sink when the war of words boils down to nothing more than flinging insults at each other and if anyone has observed this behavior on Facebook or Twitter, you know what I'm talking about. No low, is too low. That's when it becomes dangerous, when it reaches that point. I just think it's more productive to keep to the issues and talking points.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I cannot even begin to explain how much I absolutely motherfucking hate that. It's like visual nails on a chalkboard.

It's very telling to me that it resembles am orifice. It's like he saying with his mouth "believe me" and telling us with his gestures how he's going to fuck us. 

Sorry for the language and mental imagery. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lunata said:

"2. He answers to nobody, he’s blunt and he’s politically incorrect".  That's a phenomena that's new to this election. Can it really be good that he's blunt and doesn't care who he offends as long as his words makes people applaud? The fact is that he just doesn't have the skills to tactfully convey his messages.

And he totally doesn't do that! It's such a lie! He sucks up to whoever he's talking to at that moment. He's only not answering to somebody and blunt and politically correct when he's in front of supporters who want him to be that way about other people. How else do people explain how he flip-flops on every question all the time. Even his stalwart love of Putin comes through many different positions and denials. Whatever sticks. Most of his skill with rhetoric is leaving things out so people can project the right answer into the empty spaces.

• Love 5

We could all use a laugh. Vanity Fair Reviews the Trump Grill(e).

Leaving aside his current tangerine-tinted, mystifying hair(piece...pet...whatever that is) and a few other "that's not doing you any favors, good gawd" things that he does, the man was good-looking when he was younger.   We have a tendency to treat beauty like someone did something to earn it, as if it is a mark of goodness, but it isn't.  It's just genetics at play.  I have no trouble admitting that it doesn't even strike me as odd that some women find him attractive still based solely on his looks.  

It's everything else that makes him absolutely repulsive.   

I stopped worrying about offending anyone from the other side.  For my entire adult life, I played by those rules.  The "hey, politics aside, that's the president.  It is the most demanding, exhausting job in the world, the president will always deserve at least the respect of being called by his name."  

It never seemed possible that we'd have a president with zero compassion, respect for others, or entirely motivated by self-interest, yet here we are.   As for his supporters, man, about half of what he is doing is gearing up to kick those people in the freaking chops and hard.  

Just as a for instance:  Oklahoma went handily Red.  Oklahoma has signs up and down the highways that read, "Do not drive through smoke" and it is yet another thing related to fracking.  Here's a piece on just how bad fracking in Oklahoma is and why 37 wells were shut down in September.     

Trumplethinskin has named Pruitt, a climate-change denier as the head of the EPA.   This is just one example of the ways in which this man, this creature, this horror, the enemy of all things good is set to do:  Hurt the very people who elected him the most.  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 6

I haven't looked it up yet (so hope its not true, though sounds true), but I was told that a "Religious Freedom Bill" is in the works in the House. Makes sense, because Trump promised it in the campaign. Basically, that it will be legal to refuse to accommodate or hire transgendered people if you can prove you have religious reasons. (Then... no to minorities, no to women.... Yay! We only exist for White Christian Men!) 

Obviously unconstitutional--but with Trump's SC pick, who knows what the Constitutuion will look like in four years.

• Love 5

Watching Obama take questions at his presser (btw, his FIFTH since the election; Trump hasn't had a presser in ~140 days)....I can't imagine Trump being able to stand up there & not sound like a total buffoon.  I just can't picture it.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Duke Silver said:

Watching Obama take questions at his presser (btw, his FIFTH since the election; Trump hasn't had a presser in ~140 days)....I can't imagine Trump being able to stand up there & not sound like a total buffoon.  I just can't picture it.

And you never will be able to, because he will never do it.  He's not doing press conferences.  He's too stupid for that.  He will do exactly what he's been doing all along - speak via pep rally, twitter, and carefully prepped one-on-one interviews by his buddies at Fox or whoever manages to flatter him enough.  As they keep telling us, don't expect him to do anything different once he's in office.

• Love 13

I watch a Canadian show, This Hour Has 22 Minutes on the CBC, and they have a Trump impersonator that is funnier than Baldwin. It's a parody show of Canadian politics but they have been skewering Trump since he was elected. Funny stuff and I'm sure Donald wouldn't like any of it.

• Love 8
On 12/15/2016 at 9:33 AM, SoSueMe said:

Wow

I wonder if this is on the level.

From the link:

President-Elect Donald Trump is apparently still having serious trouble getting A-listers to his upcoming inauguration. The Wrap is reporting that his team has even gone so far as to offer ambassadorships to at least two talent bookers, in addition to large amounts of cash and potential diplomatic positions.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/trump-inauguration-performers-quest

My husband has a friend who used to be in a now defunct band.  Not an A-list band, but successful enough.  When I told him the above, he said "time to call him and say 'I know you hate Trump, but can you suck it up and perform for him? I want an ambassadorship to get my family out of here for the next four years.'"  

23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

By all accounts, Marla hates him. She's suspected to be the source of the one tax return that was leaked. She's also implied that if Donald had his way there'd be no Tiffany Trump. He apparently put up no resistance when Marla moved to California with Tiffany.

She doesn't even need to imply it.  Twitler has openly admitted it in the past - that he wanted Marla to get an abortion because the pregnancy was inconvenient for him.  

12 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Clearly Eichenwald was simply following the president-elect standards of accuracy with the Tweet. 

Which was actually the point he was trying to make with the whole thing.  He even brought up (on Twitter) how the Twitler side of things was slinging innuendo left and right about Hillary's health for months.  He copped their style but used something he actually did have some level of sourcing for, just not enough for it to rise to his standards for something he'd print.  So he put it in their words with the "I'm hearing..." style.  The problem is that the Trump cult believes that anyone who says anything bad about their lord and savior is having a meltdown and gets "owned" by whichever Presidon't-Elect apologist tries to shut them down.  

• Love 19
Just now, izabella said:

Republicans want Trump in office first.  Once that happens, they probably don't give a shit if he's impeached for one of his  many conflicts of interest or treason (though they will fight it with a ferocity the Dems can't begin to muster).  If he's impeached, welcome to Pence-land, and they're probably just fine with that.

That's what I'm thinking. A lot of articles I've read have vaguely dismissed the likelihood of Trump facing impeachment, if his conflicts of interest trip the emoluments clause, in light of the fact that both houses of Congress are controlled by his party and they likely won't move to get rid of him. I don't see why not. They're not loyal to him. They're loyal to the party. Pence is one of their own, he would take Trump's place and they'd all be just fine with that. They would prefer Pence anyway; he's an actual conservative, more by the book and much easier to control.

• Love 9

She doesn't even need to imply it.  Twitler has openly admitted it in the past - that he wanted Marla to get an abortion because the pregnancy was inconvenient for him.  

That's why I thought that it might have been Tiffany, the way she pulled away from allowing him to kiss her at the end of one of those debates was epic. I think it was actually the debate in which he brought Bill's accusers, that was something to watch her pull away after all the rest of the kids embraced him.  She gets called the ugly one which is disgusting and there is no way she doesn't now know that he wanted her aborted. Has he ever even publicly complimented her on anything, because he sings the praises of the kids he didn't want aborted. It would be sweet if she were smart enough to bring down his presidency in some way.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

That's why I thought that it might have been Tiffany, the way she pulled away from allowing him to kiss her at the end of one of those debates was epic. I think it was actually the debate in which he brought Bill's accusers, that was something to watch her pull away after all the rest of the kids embraced him.  She gets called the ugly one and there is no way she doesn't now know that he wanted her aborted.  It would be sweet if she were smart enough to bring down his presidency in some way.

I doubt she will. Marla did an interview in September and said she didn't want to say anything negative about Trump because she didn't want him to take out his anger on Tiffany.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

My husband has a friend who used to be in a now defunct band.  Not an A-list band, but successful enough.  When I told him the above, he said "time to call him and say 'I know you hate Trump, but can you suck it up and perform for him? I want an ambassadorship to get my family out of here for the next four years.'"  

LOL. Your husband is a funny man. Unfortunately, getting out of Dodge for the next four years might be a serious goal for some of us. Sigh.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, rcc said:

I watch a Canadian show, This Hour Has 22 Minutes on the CBC, and they have a Trump impersonator that is funnier than Baldwin. It's a parody show of Canadian politics but they have been skewering Trump since he was elected. Funny stuff and I'm sure Donald wouldn't like any of it.

Do you have a link to it? 

I mean it would be terrible if somebody tweeted a link to Trump and he ended up watching it and threw yet another tantrum. (Whistles innocently)

(I firmly believe that he is that narcissistic that he'd read any mentions of him on Twitter)

• Love 10

Watching President Obama's end of year press conference, I'm struck by how poised, eloquent, articulate, knowledgeable, forthcoming and personable he is. He is so likable and has a great sense of humor. I am going to miss that dear man more than words can express.

Although I refuse to watch Trump's press conferences (if he even has them), I will have to watch the first one so I can watch him make a complete fool of himself. With his limited vocabulary and lack of knowledge, not to mention his short attention span, it should be a real hoot. Knowing that buffoon, he'll delegate that job to Pence, thereby ruining my fun.

eta: edited to correct spelling of future Vice President's name.

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 15

From the Huffpo piece Chicken Wing linked to:  

Between your foreign investments and debt, and your domestic properties (DC hotel, for example), your conflicts are staggering. You’re blatantly putting your personal financial interests before the safety and security of the nation. Oh, and because of you I now have to add the word “emoluments” to my vocabulary.

As my husband pointed out, when emoluments became part of the cultural and political lexicon, "It is somehow perfectly fitting that we all now have to use a word that sounds like something that would be used to treat a dire condition of the backside because of Trump."  

Indeed.  

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

That's why I thought that it might have been Tiffany, the way she pulled away from allowing him to kiss her at the end of one of those debates was epic. I think it was actually the debate in which he brought Bill's accusers, that was something to watch her pull away after all the rest of the kids embraced him.  She gets called the ugly one which is disgusting and there is no way she doesn't now know that he wanted her aborted. Has he ever even publicly complimented her on anything, because he sings the praises of the kids he didn't want aborted. It would be sweet if she were smart enough to bring down his presidency in some way.

giphy.gif

I guess she needs to learn from Ivanka.

IMG_0566.JPGIMG_0565.JPG

This concludes the creepy part of the program. Though there's a horrifying number of additional creep-pics.

• Love 14

Ivanka will probably be doing his press conferences but only when when there is no way to wiggle out. 

I'm appalled at how drumpf can stand in front of US citizens and bald faced LIE about the hacking prior to his "landslide". It was on the news but got buried by inept media and people's poor attention spans. Squirrel!

ETA: Catch Eric's face when Tiffany turns aside. 

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

Do you have a link to it? 

I mean it would be terrible if somebody tweeted a link to Trump and he ended up watching it and threw yet another tantrum. (Whistles innocently)

(I firmly believe that he is that narcissistic that he'd read any mentions of him on Twitter)

Here's a youtube clip.                            

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

I am not going to feed his ego by watching him speak or following his Twitter or anything like that. Just to be clear, I'm not against those who follow his Twitter to keep up with his insanity, by the way. That is his chosen method of communication, especially as he has an aversion to press conferences because he likely knows he'll look like the complete idiot that he is. I just have never been one to use Twitter even long before this, but I do rely on those of you that do follow him and his asinine comments to keep me informed on this board, so I thank all of you who suffer through his ridiculous, childish Tweets and share them here so we can all keep an eye on what he may trying to distract us from or just monitor the progression of his apparent various mental issues, like his narcissistic personality disorder and his desperate need to be loved and adored.

I heard a news blurb about him linking his Twitter to the emergency alert system so no one can block his tweets. Did anyone else hear that report?

49 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

Watching President Obama's end of year press conference, I'm struck by how poised, eloquent, articulate, knowledgeable, forthcoming and personable he is. He is so likable and has a great sense of humor. I am going to miss that dear man more than words can express.

I savored that press conference.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Omarosa worked in the White House...once upon a time...to what capacity, I have no idea. She bragged about it on The Apprentice season 1, though. She can be the Secretary of Accusing People of Racism.

Omarosa's catchphrase, which never caught on despite her repeating it over and over again, was, "I went from the projects to the Presidency!" Unsurprisingly, she exaggerated her White House credentials, as this 2004 People Magazine article discusses. She was fired from four positions in two years, and the final one lasted just "several weeks." The only job that's described is her claiming to have done "logistics and advance and event planning for the White House under the Gore staff," to which a presumably non-fired Gore staffer says, UM, NO, "her job was to respond to invitations."

I watched The Apprentice that season, and the day after she was fired, I was having lunch at the food court and was sitting in front of the Hot Dog on a Stick. They weren't doing any business that day so the guy who worked there was just leaning on the counter talking to his friend who was sitting at the table next to me. They started talking about Omarosa and what a fool she is and the Hot Dog on a Stick guy said that if she applied for a job there, he wouldn't hire her. At the time it was sort of hilarious to me that Hot Dog on a Stick had already considered her non-submitted resume and preemptively passed, but now that Trump might make her an ambassador, it's more sad than anything else. Also, I miss how we called her Assorama on the TWoP boards.

48 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Ivanka, Don Jr., and Eric are lost causes and who knows what will become of poor Barron, but based on the fact that Donald has had no use for Tiffany her entire life, I think there might be hope for her as a human being. I do feel bad for her though that his disregard for her is so public, like at the end of the convention when all his kids came out on stage and he said, "Didn't Ivana and Melania do a terrific job?" Gibbering shitheel or not, he is her father and to have him so blatantly not give a damn about her has to hurt.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Ivanka will probably be doing his press conferences but only when when there is no way to wiggle out. 

I'm appalled at how drumpf can stand in front of US citizens and bald faced LIE about the hacking prior to his "landslide". It was on the news but got buried by inept media and people's poor attention spans. Squirrel!

ETA: Catch Eric's face when Tiffany turns aside. 

Ha his face is Oh No She didn't?

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

giphy.gif

I guess she needs to learn from Ivanka.

IMG_0566.JPGIMG_0565.JPG

This concludes the creepy part of the program. Though there's a horrifying number of additional creep-pics.

Eww.

Ib7M2au.jpg

I'm betting I'm going to need a lot of that to last through this... 'administration'.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

Seeing how Tiffany rebuffs her "father" really makes me respect her a wee bit. I hope she comes out with a tell-all book on him. And of all of his wives, I always thought Marla was the prettiest (yes, shallow, I know).

As for Barron, I have no idea if he has autism or not. I'm not an expert. But I do wonder if he's a bit shy or a total introvert. I bet those two things alone wouldn't go over well with somebody like Trump.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

I cannot even begin to explain how much I absolutely motherfucking hate that. It's like visual nails on a chalkboard.

Oh I know - I would literally rather hear nails on a chalkboard.

Also, that physical tic is one of the things that makes me wonder if he's in the early stages of Alzheimer's. (Make or makes? I forget the grammar there.)

2 hours ago, Padma said:

I haven't looked it up yet (so hope its not true, though sounds true), but I was told that a "Religious Freedom Bill" is in the works in the House. Makes sense, because Trump promised it in the campaign. Basically, that it will be legal to refuse to accommodate or hire transgendered people if you can prove you have religious reasons. (Then... no to minorities, no to women.... Yay! We only exist for White Christian Men!) 

Obviously unconstitutional--but with Trump's SC pick, who knows what the Constitutuion will look like in four years.

I'd be all for this if it was turnabout-fair play, such as "if you have religious reasons you can refuse service to politicians."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

Seeing how Tiffany rebuffs her "father" really makes me respect her a wee bit. I hope she comes out with a tell-all book on him. And of all of his wives, I always thought Marla was the prettiest (yes, shallow, I know).

As for Barron, I have no idea if he has autism or not. I'm not an expert. But I do wonder if he's a bit shy or a total introvert. I bet those two things alone wouldn't go over well with somebody like Trump.

Yes, when I saw that, I was like, she just might survive this and be OK. I also thought that Marla fucked up with her choice of a father for her kid, but she's been doing some good mothering. I thought, look how classy she rebuffed him with the rubbing of his arm, I was like, you go girl, you're going to be alright. 

• Love 13

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a tl;dr post...

Anyway, just had a really nice convo w/ a couple of my more conservative friends.  Like me, they are #neverTrump 'ers.  Unlike me, they are way more on the right; I'm a "convictionless moderate" (their term for me).  Their evolving views on Trump is clearly, to me, a microcosm of what is happening right now in the GOP.

"Trumpism" is not a thing...at least from a policy standpoint.  Does anyone doubt that Ryan & McConnell will control the legislative agenda?  They control the purse strings...  Trump's populism only serves to enable a conservative agenda.  Look at his cabinet-to-be.  It will be the most conservative cabinet in history.  The GOP loves this.

Trump is just a distraction as far as the serious members of the GOP are concerned.  His tweets & theatrics will entertain & occupy the minds of the pleb Trump supporters.  The conservative agenda marches on.  That's why we are seeing so many conservatives jump on board.  It has sunk in that Trump is far, far from being some kind of revolutionary force (again, from a policy standpoint).  Now, things like Russia/Putin???  Well, other than for a select few (McCain, specifically....Graham will get on board), the massive swing to a pro-Russia/Putin policy is doable.  It just might be smart business, and it can certainly fit with the anti-Muslim foreign policy/world view.

In short, Trump is the one who caved-in.

The forgoing is their take on things, and, even though they despise Trump, I can tell the siren song of a GOP-controlled federal government is overcoming their hate of Trump.  Seems like as far as they are concerned, if Trump can be a "useful idiot" for Putin, he can likewise be the same for the GOP.

-----------

I realize this is hardly new thinking around these parts, but I wanted to type-out the entire thought, just to see how it reads.  Figured I might as well post it here.

• Love 11
On 12/15/2016 at 3:19 PM, Keepitmoving said:

You mean to tell me he can't get any big country music stars to perform? Other than Ted Nugent of course. Now, if he can't even get big country to show up, well, I'll be impressed. I think I did read that Garth Brooks turned down and invitation.

I think he should give it up and see if he can secure some holograms of dead entertainers and call it a day.

On 12/15/2016 at 0:19 PM, sistermagpie said:

According to Tony Schwartz Trump had zero interest in any of his children as children. I don't think there needs to be anything specific about Barron to make Trump think it's a good idea to have him be in NY, especially if Melania suggested they'd both prefer it. He probably sees no reason to want to deal with either of them in the WH. The press would stay away from Barron since he's a kid, I think, but Melania's obviously not up to all the scrutiny and duties of First Lady so she'd just be an annoyance, probably. He's got Ivanka in there to help him make money of the President scam instead. 

Writing that makes me remember people criticizing Hillary for saying something about her grandchildren. They were like, "Right, like SHE spends time with those kids." Like not only is the woman expected to be doing most of the child-rearing, but even as a grandmother she's going to get judged for not spending enough time with the kid she's not actually raising. Meanwhile, Trump by all accounts has little to do with his kids until it's time for them to be followers.

It's probably just as well that the short fingered vulgarian has little interest in raising his children. Can you imagine if he did?

Melania: How was school today?

Barron: It was good. I have to work on a project with Chloe for...

Donald: Who's Chloe? She your girlfriend?!? Are you banging her?

Barron: I'm 10 Dad!

Donald: Of course you're banging her. She must be a hot piece of ass.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I doubt she will. Marla did an interview in September and said she didn't want to say anything negative about Trump because she didn't want him to take it out his anger on Tiffany.

And that right there tells us all we need to know about what kind of father Twitler is - that it's possible he'd take his anger at Marla out on Tiffany.  

Kind of off on a tangent about his parenting and all, but this occurred to me a while ago, and I never really put it down in words.  It's been said before that Trump fell for Ivana because she was so intelligent, capable, and ambitious, almost his equal (in his mind).  Knowing his family's thoughts on genetics, and combining "superior" genes to create thoroughbreds and all that, you have to wonder if he married her not out of any great love, but because he believed that she'd birth some "triple crown winners" for him.  So he married her, had three kids with her, and then he got tired of the same qualities he married her for - her intelligence and ambition, specifically, because he prefers his women to be arm candy and at his service, not to have goals and thoughts of their own.  And, he got his kids out of it to carry on his legacy.  So he dallied with other women, and one of them ended up pregnant.  Not only did she not want to just make it go away for him (and you have to wonder if there are women out there who took a payoff and aborted pregnancies when he offered), but she wasn't good at keeping their relationship quiet.  So, he had to marry her.  Then he landed his ideal wife in Melania - the much younger foreign born model, willing to "upgrade" her looks as needed.  Barron was basically the price to keep her, I'm guessing.  But he has as little interest in him as he does in Tiffany.  Neither one of those kids was "bred" with the combination of genetic material that he feels would make the best offspring.  So, they're their mothers' children, and his kids with Ivana are his legacy.  

4 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

LOL. Your husband is a funny man. Unfortunately, getting out of Dodge for the next four years might be a serious goal for some of us. Sigh.

I told him "get one somewhere Mediterranean."  May as well go somewhere pretty to watch the world burn.  

3 hours ago, parisprincess said:

Although I refuse to watch Trump's press conferences (if he even has them), I will have to watch the first one so I can watch him make a complete fool of himself. With his limited vocabulary and lack of knowledge, not to mention his short attention span, it should be a real hoot. Knowing that buffoon, he'll delegate that job to Pence, thereby ruining my fun.

eta: edited to correct spelling of future Vice President's name.

I'm guessing that the Presidon't Trump press conferences compared to the President Obama press conferences is basically going to be like Goofus and Gallant.  

2 hours ago, callmebetty said:

You'd think that as the lesser son, Eric would be able to sympathize with Tiffany's lesser daughter situation.  

3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think he should give it up and see if he can secure some holograms of dead entertainers and call it a day.

Only if he finds some with no heirs to stop him.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

http://thenewfem.com/5-reasons-donald-trump-is-hot-and-sexy/

Oh my gosh, I made the mistake of clicking on her radio appearance. That lasted about a minute and a half. It made me think of that quote about 'in a democracy, people get the government they deserve'. Well, this chick deserves Trump all right. 

On the other hand, I'm a people and I sure as hell don't deserve Trump. Americans are fickle. I wonder how the Trumpsters of today are going to feel 4 years in.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SoSueMe said:

Oh my gosh, I made the mistake of clicking on her radio appearance. That lasted about a minute and a half. It made me think of that quote about 'in a democracy, people get the government they deserve'. Well, this chick deserves Trump all right. 

On the other hand, I'm a people and I sure as hell don't deserve Trump. Americans are fickle. I wonder how the Trumpsters of today are going to feel 4 years in.

Exactly. I couldn't handle more than a few minutes of her craziness. She is inarticulate, not terribly bright and completely devoid of charm.

Furthermore, I read parts of her blog and Twitter feed. She is racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, misogynistic and xenophobic, and not to mention, a complete potty mouth.

• Love 3