Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

I don't necessarily think people under 50 are screwed when it comes to Medicare and Social Security. My reasoning for that is if the Ryan and the GOP get their way and basically eliminate those programs we'll end up having seniors with a high rate of poverty and dying from treatable health conditions they can't pay for. This will happen when the largest group of people (Baby Boomers) are retired and their children (Millennials) will be grown and working and voting. I think there's the possibility that by eliminating Medicare and Social Security the GOP will cause a huge backlash and we'll end up with those programs again, probably better ones. I think the people who really need to worry are the 45-60 years olds. There's enough time for people under 45 for the pendulum to swing back.

• Love 3

Ivanka Trump our new 'FLOTUS'

It's been announced that Ivanka Trump is going to be occupying the East Wing office that's usually allocated for the use of the First Lady. Since Melania won't have any use for it, Ivanka is going to have the East Wing to conduct co-President decisions with her dad. Okay, so she 'might' make a few calls to her clothing, fragrance and accessories supplier in China or Vietnam. If that's such a big deal the Congressional Oversight Committee and Jason Chaffetz will surely monitor those business dealings being done right in the White House East Wing for possible conflict of interests, right? Officially the East Wing is designated as the 'family office'. That means that the two boys and Ivanka will have to share it once in a while. Oh, 'family office' means family, right? So there goes that blind trust thing with the boys keeping the family business separate.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Trumpster's Father died of Alzheimer's & I wonder if he is showing early signs of it?  I mean all his crazy talk and bizarre delusions of grandeur.

I did not know that! I had decided it's simply that he's a psychopath.

I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm getting ready to play one on PTV. I just finished a true crime book about a psychopath (Son)  and at the start of every chapter the author (Jack Olsen) used textbook definitions of "psychopaths" and every. single. one. reflected Tubby's aberrant behavior. It was frightening and enlightening.

16 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

I watched this live, and the anger from Malcolm Nance was righteous:

I heard Nance on Sirius/CNN last Friday night. I arrived home terrified. And, momentarily, hopeless. 

4 hours ago, izabella said:

I'd like to think so, but Ryan has already stood up and started talking about getting rid of Medicare - and he has a plan to do it.  And yet, no one seems to be the least bit concerned. 

I guess with all the Russian election hacking, daily fucked up Cabinet appointee announcements, the parade of people visiting Trump tower, the daily conflicts of interest revelations, and Trump's Daily Lies, no one can keep up with all the crap being shoveled on a minute-by-minute basis to focus on any one thing.

I've seen more articles about this subject and a common response has been words to the effect that, "Oh, he wouldn't do that."

From Vox.

'There was a persistent belief that Trump would fix these problems and make Obamacare work better. I kept hearing informed voters, who had watched the election closely, say they did hear the promise of repeal but simply felt Trump couldn’t repeal a law that had done so much good for them. In fact, some of the people I talked to hope that one of the more divisive pieces of the law — Medicaid expansion — might become even more robust, offering more of the working poor a chance at the same coverage the very poor receive.'

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Pixel said:

So, I keep reading that Michael Moore thinks it's likely that Trump won't even make it to inaugeration.  Normally, I wouldn't put much stock in speculation like that, but Moore has really been on top of all things Trump.  So, assuming this is actually possible - what does that look like?  Does it automatically go to Pence if something takes out the Donald prior to inaugeration? If he quits? 

And if (which I know this would never in a  million years happen) another election was held due to tampering, how would that even work?  Would they call back the pollsters and give everyone the day off to go out and vote again?

Many Christians have plenty of practice doing just this - they cherry pick the parts of the Bible they like and pretend the other parts don't mean what they say or just don't exist.

Since Pence was on the ticket with Trump when Trump was elected (so they came as a "package deal"), I'm assuming yes, if Trump somehow doesn't make it to taking the oath of office--for 1 reason, remember, the VP is always sworn in before the POTUS, presumably to assure the line of succession is correctly followed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Since Pence was on the ticket with Trump when Trump was elected (so they came as a "package deal"), I'm assuming yes, if Trump somehow doesn't make it to taking the oath of office--for 1 reason, remember, the VP is always sworn in before the POTUS, presumably to assure the line of succession is correctly followed.

I don't think anyone would have time to calmly discuss the transference of power onto the V.P. because we'd all be too busy involved in the revolution and insurrections across the country.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, random chance said:

Seriously, why is he so freakin' orange? Spray tan? He eats tons of carrots? Bronzer? High blood pressure? A secret Cheeto habit?

Because he's so white around the eyes, I assume the orangey tan is from a tanning bed, where you have to wear goggles to protect your eyes.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

I especially love reading the tweets from accounts made w/in the last 45 days, that tweet only "fake news" every time a media outlet reports ay Trump news w/ a negative slant.  But yeah...more fuel to the fire:

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/809182027954024448

tTMivcJ.jpg

Putin needs to be put back in his place and not allowed to slide by without some sort of warning, sanctions, threats or whatever. If the United States doesn't take a firm stand against this type of cyber crimes then others will start taking shots at our banks, companies, stock markets and a thousand other things. Not only that but Iran, Pakistan, Syria and others will see this as a weakness and an opportunity for them to pursue the same avenues with cyber crimes. Trump in particular has to strongly warn them about trying to destroy our democracy in this manner and he has to call an urgent meeting of Congress and get some heavy sanctions imposed on Russia as soon as possible. Protect us President Trump, that's your friggen job.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Trump in particular has to strongly warn them about trying to destroy our democracy in this manner and he has to call an urgent meeting of Congress and get some heavy sanctions imposed on Russia as soon as possible. Protect us President Trump, that's your friggen job.

Trump and Tillerson would like nothing more than to lift those sanctions we currently have against Russia.  The sanctions are preventing ExxonMobil from drilling in Russia, and it's preventing Putin from making billions of dollars on oil. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, izabella said:

Trump and Tillerson would like nothing more than to lift those sanctions we currently have against Russia.  The sanctions are preventing ExxonMobil from drilling in Russia, and it's preventing Putin from making billions of dollars on oil. 

YES, exactly!  The COO of Exxon is certainly not going to kill the golden goose that lays his golden eggs. Even though he is supposed to be divesting himself of all ExxonMobil stock I don't believe he'll do it and if he does there will be some sort of monkey business associated with that sale. There can't be a more glaring example of conflict of interest than Rex w. Tillerson displays. This is horribly bad, it leaves us even more vulnerable to Putin's hi-jinx and freedom to mess with us. 

In Russia’s new confrontation with the west, Putin's strategy is to exploit western weaknesses and confusion as much as it is geared towards showing an aggressive face, whether in Ukraine, Syria or cyberspace. Perhaps this is why the head of the British Security Service, the United Kingdom's domestic security and counter-intelligence service, has warned of the need to fend off Russia’s hostile interference.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

So I finally saw a good theory as to why the Tangerine Turd met with Kanye yesterday - he wants Kanye to head up his inauguration music.  He probably thinks Kanye is mental enough to agree to round up some musicians and strong arm them into playing at his balls and parades and shite.  And Kanye, poor thing, is pretty much straight out of his 5150 lockdown and probably would agree, if he's on a manic cycle.  Do Twitler and Kanye think they can strong arm Beyoncé into performing?  J-Lo?  Carrie Underwood?  Or will they have to suffer the oral stylings of the K-Dash sisters?  A Kim and Khloe duet?  A Kris solo?  The blended harmonies of all 5 sisters?  Lord help them all.

I saw a piece in New York Magazine about how the Trump Inauguration Committee is possibly offering ambassadorial appointments in exchange for securing popular high profile entertainment at the inauguration.

Don't do it Kanye even though being an ambassador allows you to be addressed as The Honorable Kanye West in the US and His Excellency Kanye West in the rest of the world.

• Love 5
On 12/13/2016 at 3:15 PM, Moose135 said:

I grew up in NY and watched the Gotti saga play out on the local evening news.  I've thought the same thing about Trump during the campaign as well.

This is an excellent example of the style, power, arrogance and indifference for the law and rules that Donald Trump has. John Gotti was a ruthless mob boss, criminal, murderer, extortionist and just a bad guy that kept evading prison conviction. Ambitious evil men have different ways to get what they want and Donald Trump is nothing more than a mob boss on a larger, much grander scale. Remember Gotti's nickname, 'the Teflon Don' because they couldn't get charges to stick to him. Donald Trump is also a 'Teflon Don', he's a crime boss of another genre but still a crime boss. The sad thing is that I had an Italian neighbor that came from the Bronx originally who compared John Gotti to a hero. Isn't that exactly how Donald Trump's supporters think of him too, some kind of hero?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lunata said:

Putin needs to be put back in his place and not allowed to slide by without some sort of warning, sanctions, threats or whatever.

Or. you know, rewarded with friendship and the lifting sanctions so he can make a 500 billion dollar deal on oil.

• Love 3

So, for the first time in 20 years, no D.C. high school bands will be marching in the inaugural parade. I hope this turns out to be the shortest parade "in the history of the world" due to no one wanting to be a part of it.

On a purely shallow note, in most photos of Melania, she has the same resting bitch face as her husband. It's hard to find a flattering photo of either of them.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Pixel said:

We haven't seen or heard anything from Melania lately, have we? Is she even still married to him?

I'm starting to wonder if she has suffered the same (unknown) fate as the wife of the Scientology leader (believe she hasn't been seen in public in a couple years now).

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Duke Silver said:

I'm starting to wonder if she has suffered the same (unknown) fate as the wife of the Scientology leader (believe she hasn't been seen in public in a couple years now).

It's been something like 6-10 years that Shelly Miscavige has been missing. 

• Love 3

I'm not sure we will ever see Melania again. She's a stay at home Mom with 1 11 year old child. She won't move 1 child to Washington till June( and I don't think she's moving then either). Meanwhile Ivanka has 3 children under 7 and runs a business of her own besides her Dads. Ivanka is moving them all to Washington and taking on the First Lady duties, while keeping her own business and not ( supposedly) living in the White House. Which means a commute daily. Which means nannies for 3 kids- while Barron gets his Mom.  Pretty darn insulting to those who thought (not me) Melania would be a classy First Lady.  

To me, FLOTUS is the spouse unless she is physically incapable or the President is single.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9

Twitler truly believes the Nixonism that if the president does something, it can't be illegal.  Look at how he is running this "transition."  He is intertwining the Executive Branch with the Twitler organization out in the open for everyone to see.  It's all so astonishingly post-truth, post-legal, post-reality.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

That reminds me of Craig T. Nelson's infamous interview where he's ranting about welfare and the government supporting people, because they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps like he did.  He actually says how he was on welfare and food stamps and, did anyone help him out?  No, he did it for himself by getting an education.  Hey, he got his.  

12 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Sometimes it seems like it's can be a couple of other things. Like, first there's the possibility that they do actually agree with these things, but when called on it by a decent person they walk it back. Oh no, I don't really believe in a Muslim registry if you're saying it's a terrible thing. Like really they were fine with it because they just hate and fear Muslims but they'll disavow the technicality of the registry if the person makes a fuss about that. But in reality, how upset would they really be if it existed? Maybe not much. It's just a way to dismiss the hysterical liberal.

Also it seems like there's a strange understanding among some voters that when conservative politicians talk about taking things away from people they mean those other people--the white conservative voter will of course be spared. For years there have been people like that railing against Food Stamps for those lazy bastards and when it's pointed out that they themselves are on Food Stamps they say that they deserve it. Like they assume that this idea they have of themselves as different from the average SNAP recipient is evident to the whole world even in a legal sense. 

So somebody who voted to repeal Obamacare might be saying that when he said "repeal Obamacare" she naturally translated it as him saying he was going to take Obamacare away from the lazy people who don't deserve it rather than all those good people like her who just need insurance. 

I used to work as a legislative aide for a Republican legislator. Our chief of staff, who was super conservative, empowered us when we got calls from constituents about how they voted for my rep and why did the rep vote to decrease benefits to tell the constituents the truth. The rep campaigned about cutting benefits, entitlements, what have you, and that's what they did. Invariably we'd get some version of "I didn't mean for me or people like me, who are hardworking good people. I meant the lazy people who don't deserve it."

I actually had a woman go through that whole spiel because she was ultimately complaining about how she had to use more of her other check to cover the shortfall meaning she couldn't afford her cable package with HBO. I told her that her nowhere town in East Texas had a public library and they often have movies you can check out. She called my suggestion that she go to the library disgusting. I told her that I'd inform that the rep she called in support of increasing public benefits. She hung up on me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pixel said:

We haven't seen or heard anything from Melania lately, have we? Is she even still married to him?

She showed up in court somewhere, in the last few days, to testify in some lawsuit she filed against somebody, supposedly so they'd know her presence meant she was serious about filing the suit in the first place.

3 hours ago, parisprincess said:

So, for the first time in 20 years, no D.C. high school bands will be marching in the inaugural parade. I hope this turns out to be the shortest parade "in the history of the world" due to no one wanting to be a part of it.

On a purely shallow note, in most photos of Melania, she has the same resting bitch face as her husband. It's hard to find a flattering photo of either of them.

I heard a radio show today, where they put forth the idea that Donald Trump doesn't laugh.   It was interesting.  they were able to find two, and only two instances of him laughing, and it was more of a "HA!"  than a genuine laugh - and both instances were in regard to Bill cheating on Hillary. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

For years there have been people like that railing against Food Stamps for those lazy bastards and when it's pointed out that they themselves are on Food Stamps they say that they deserve it.

I know this person!!!  Have heard that sentence, word for word.

19 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Far, far too much of the vote came from people who understand far, far too little about what exactly they are voting for.

And here's pretty much everyone else I know.  It's like an exquisite form of torture--every single person posting on this board is roughly 100x more informed than anyone in my real life.  There's no real starting point for debate when the opposing argument is, in sum total:  He's terrific--I agree with everything he says.  I fantasize a Clockwork Orange scenario where I strap them down, brace their eyelids open, and force them to absorb a powerpoint presentation.  'Cuz there's no chance I'd ever reach the 00:00:30 mark otherwise.

I have no stones to throw at Melania.  I thoroughly believe the only decision she's been allowed to make in the last ten years may have involved using caviar in her busywork face cream hobby.  It's ludicrous to assume SHE has any say in where she's going to reside or who's going to occupy the First Lady position.  You really think any of the T Family Inc. members care about Melania's input or preferences??  Ivanka's picking out Melania's various outfits for Inauguration Day and then it's back on the shelf for you, sugar, shush now.

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

My daughter's college marching band was invited - they declined. 

Wow.  This is amazing--they gave up all the fun of going to DC and doing the parade and stood on principle?  I am impressed and feel newly encouraged.  Good for them!

• Love 23
1 hour ago, candall said:

I have no stones to throw at Melania.  I thoroughly believe the only decision she's been allowed to make in the last ten years may have involved using caviar in her busywork face cream hobby.  It's ludicrous to assume SHE has any say in where she's going to reside or who's going to occupy the First Lady position.  You really think any of the T Family Inc. members care about Melania's input or preferences??  Ivanka's picking out Melania's various outfits for Inauguration Day and then it's back on the shelf for you, sugar, shush now.

I agree, I assume she was ordered to stay in New York so he can grope around in peace. I also suspect he wants to keep the press diverted from their son, who is probably autistic, not that there's anything wrong with that but I bet DT doesn't feel that way. He's the kind of parent who will actually say out loud that he's prouder of some of his children than others.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Lunata said:

Putin needs to be put back in his place and not allowed to slide by without some sort of warning, sanctions, threats or whatever. If the United States doesn't take a firm stand against this type of cyber crimes then others will start taking shots at our banks, companies, stock markets and a thousand other things. Not only that but Iran, Pakistan, Syria and others will see this as a weakness and an opportunity for them to pursue the same avenues with cyber crimes. Trump in particular has to strongly warn them about trying to destroy our democracy in this manner and he has to call an urgent meeting of Congress and get some heavy sanctions imposed on Russia as soon as possible. Protect us President Trump, that's your friggen job.

Okay!  You owe me a new keyboard, Lunata, because I just spit lemon water all over it from nearly choking to death when I read that last sentence.  As it was, I'm just glad I didn't fall to the floor in a dead faint.

That clown is the cowardly schoolyard bully who talks a lot of smack but won't do a damn thing except what he does best.  Yell, hide in a corner, and shake until his posse gets there.  His surrounding himself with all these generals is a prime example.  These people are so anxious to go to war that it won't take much provocation to put boots on the ground.  And, if Trump does lift one of his stubby little fingers, it won't be to defend the Republic; it will be because his little feelings got hurt.

As it is, Putin neutralized this fool by "complimenting" him on his "brilliance," and Trump hasn't been willing to do anything to upset his one-sided bromance.  I would be shocked if Trump had the presence of mind to consider sanctions or anything particularly strategic.  After all, he knows more than the generals, is too smart to attend intelligence briefings, and only hires the very best people, including another Putin puppet who ran Exxon.

Wish me luck though as I explain to my boss why my keyboard may need replacing! 

• Love 9

Wow

I wonder if this is on the level.

From the link:

President-Elect Donald Trump is apparently still having serious trouble getting A-listers to his upcoming inauguration. The Wrap is reporting that his team has even gone so far as to offer ambassadorships to at least two talent bookers, in addition to large amounts of cash and potential diplomatic positions.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/trump-inauguration-performers-quest

• Love 6
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I'm not sure we will ever see Melania again. She's a stay at home Mom with 1 11 year old child. She won't move 1 child to Washington till June( and I don't think she's moving then either). Meanwhile Ivanka has 3 children under 7 and runs a business of her own besides her Dads. Ivanka is moving them all to Washington and taking on the First Lady duties, while keeping her own business and not ( supposedly) living in the White House. Which means a commute daily. Which means nannies for 3 kids- while Barron gets his Mom.  Pretty darn insulting to those who thought (not me) Melania would be a classy First Lady.  

To me, FLOTUS is the spouse unless she is physically incapable or the President is single.  

Once school is out in June, there will be another excuse why Melanoma and Viscount can't move to WDC.  There'll always be an excuse.  Melanoma knows that Ivanka is Donny Boy's one true love, so there's no reason for her to be anywhere near him.  And Donny Boy wants to be free to grab any available p*ssy any time, anywhere, without having to look to see if Melanoma is looking.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Not all celebrities. There are those on Twitter who trash Trump plenty, such as Westworld star Jeffrey Wright

Michael Shannon certainly didn't hold back on his opinion of T/P voters on NY Magazine's Vulture blog. (He's from Kentucky btw.)

“This country’s filled with ignorant jackasses. The big red dildo running through the middle of our country needs to be annexed to be its own country of moronic assholes. You can call it the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes. I don’t know how people got so goddamn stupid. But it’s really weird, because it’s like the last eight years, now it feels like a lie. Like, this has been festering underneath the whole time. Racists, sexists. And a lot of these people, they don’t know why the fuck they’re alive. It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened. It’s the worst. This guy is going to destroy civilization as we know it, and the earth, and all because of these people who don’t have any idea why they’re alive.”

“There’s a lot of old people who need to realize they’ve had a nice life, and it’s time for them to move on because they’re the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them, Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom’s a senior citizen. But if you’re voting for Trump, it’s time for the urn.” And if your parents voted for Trump? “Fuck ’em. You’re an orphan now. Don’t go home. Don’t go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don’t talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.”

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, numbnut said:

Michael Shannon certainly didn't hold back on his opinion of T/P voters on NY Magazine's Vulture blog. (He's from Kentucky btw.)

“This country’s filled with ignorant jackasses. The big red dildo running through the middle of our country needs to be annexed to be its own country of moronic assholes. You can call it the United States of Moronic Fucking Assholes. I don’t know how people got so goddamn stupid. But it’s really weird, because it’s like the last eight years, now it feels like a lie. Like, this has been festering underneath the whole time. Racists, sexists. And a lot of these people, they don’t know why the fuck they’re alive. It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened. It’s the worst. This guy is going to destroy civilization as we know it, and the earth, and all because of these people who don’t have any idea why they’re alive.”

“There’s a lot of old people who need to realize they’ve had a nice life, and it’s time for them to move on because they’re the ones who go out and vote for these assholes. If you look at the young people, between 18 and 25, if it was up to them, Hillary would have been president. No offense to the seniors out there. My mom’s a senior citizen. But if you’re voting for Trump, it’s time for the urn.” And if your parents voted for Trump? “Fuck ’em. You’re an orphan now. Don’t go home. Don’t go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don’t talk to them at all. Silence speaks volumes.”

So Trump should cross Michael Shannon off the potential celebrity guest list?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Okay!  You owe me a new keyboard, Lunata, because I just spit lemon water all over it from nearly choking to death when I read that last sentence.  As it was, I'm just glad I didn't fall to the floor in a dead faint.

That clown is the cowardly schoolyard bully who talks a lot of smack but won't do a damn thing except what he does best.  Yell, hide in a corner, and shake until his posse gets there.  His surrounding himself with all these generals is a prime example.  These people are so anxious to go to war that it won't take much provocation to put boots on the ground.  And, if Trump does lift one of his stubby little fingers, it won't be to defend the Republic; it will be because his little feelings got hurt.

As it is, Putin neutralized this fool by "complimenting" him on his "brilliance," and Trump hasn't been willing to do anything to upset his one-sided bromance.  I would be shocked if Trump had the presence of mind to consider sanctions or anything particularly strategic.  After all, he knows more than the generals, is too smart to attend intelligence briefings, and only hires the very best people, including another Putin puppet who ran Exxon.

Wish me luck though as I explain to my boss why my keyboard may need replacing! 

I can probably replace it for you. I've had to replace my keyboard a few times so I figured it out with some help from a YouTube video on how to take it apart and replace it.  LOL! 

I nearly fainted when I saw Jack Kingston, (who I refer to as 'that sneering little piss-ant'),  is in Russia holding meetings with business people in Moscow. He's there telling them that Trump is an ally and that "sanctions have been in place long enough".  And I've been thinking all this time that we should go hard on Russia because of their meddling in our election and put heavier sanctions on them. But no, instead of more sanctions Donald Trump has decided to lift the current sanctions. We should all have a silver platter under our feet because he's handing our country over by not being tough on their interference.

jack kingston.jpg

• Love 10

Vanity Fair magazine gave the Trump Grill - a steakhouse in the basement of Trump Tower - a very negative review, based on service, atmosphere and food quality.   So Trump has to fight back:

Graydon Carter, for the record, is a guy who, 20+ years ago, wrote a piece for Spy magazine and called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian".  Trump has never forgotten that.   He claims that Trump had sent him photos of his hands, after that, with his fingers circled (he says in a gold sharpie) and written on the photo, "see!  Not short."  It seems that was the beginning of the "Trump has small hands"  thing, which only took off because Trump reacts to it.

• Love 16

Time and time again, Trump proves that his ego & his delusion knows no bounds. Now Trump is saying that he doesn't believe that Russia rigged the election and that it's just a Democratic conspiracy. This from the same moron who told the Russians to hack Hillary's emails during the campaign.  Trump's arrogance before running for President was bad enough, but now that he's thisclose to becoming the Leader of the free World-for the time being, anyway-the potential consequences will have global implications. That Trump's current Cabinet nominees/appointments are to head the same agencies that he and/or Putin-who, are basically, one in the same-want destroyed is appalling, to say the least. 

Then there's Trump's denial about Russia's involvement in the election when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Now comes word that Putin was directly involved in the hacks. The hypocrisy of the Republicans party wrt Russia has been breathtaking, to say the least. With few exceptions, the Republicans have changed from hawks to doves in record time. I never thought I'd say this, but thank Heaven for Lindsey Graham and Evan McMullin, who not only never drank Trump's orange kool-aid in the first place, they see Putin, his allies and his tactics for the threats they are. I don't agree with most of Graham and McMullin's politics, but if they're anti-Trump, they're not all bad. As for those Republicans/Trump voters who justify everything that Trump does no matter how wrong it is, I have a new name for them: "alt-smart," which is just another term for "stupid." Russia must learn in no uncertain terms, that our democracy is not theirs for the hacking. As far as I'm concerned, this isn't about Democrat Vs. Republican, nor America Vs. Russia-it's about right Vs. wrong. Period.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Vanity Fair magazine gave the Trump Grill - a steakhouse in the basement of Trump Tower - a very negative review, based on service, atmosphere and food quality.   So Trump has to fight back:

Graydon Carter, for the record, is a guy who, 20+ years ago, wrote a piece for Spy magazine and called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian".  Trump has never forgotten that.   He claims that Trump had sent him photos of his hands, after that, with his fingers circled (he says in a gold sharpie) and written on the photo, "see!  Not short."  It seems that was the beginning of the "Trump has small hands"  thing, which only took off because Trump reacts to it.

Oh, good - my VF subscription is suddenly worth a lot more to me.  I still miss Christopher Hitchens.

• Love 4

I have no stones to throw at Melania.  I thoroughly believe the only decision she's been allowed to make in the last ten years may have involved using caviar in her busywork face cream hobby.  It's ludicrous to assume SHE has any say in where she's going to reside or who's going to occupy the First Lady position.  You really think any of the T Family Inc. members care about Melania's input or preferences??  Ivanka's picking out Melania's various outfits for Inauguration Day and then it's back on the shelf for you, sugar, shush now.

Plus, part of how this all happened is that culturally we don't merely feel free to attack women based on their faces, bodies, body parts and gender, we're actively encouraged to do so.  It is one of the ways of participating in viewing woman as second-class citizens.  I don't like or dislike the woman, I know next to nothing about her.  She's beautiful, she used that beauty to make a life for herself and she made her own bargains, but just as it is reductive and sexist to say that Hillary Clinton should smile more, it is reductive and sexist to say that anyone woman's character is revealed by her facial expression.  

I don't blame her for not wanting to be part of this shit-show in D.C.   She did what a lot of beautiful women do, she used that beauty as currency but when doing that, frequently personal power is traded away in the bargain....and worse still...the personal power of her beauty will be eroded by time.  I cannot imagine Twitler being married to her for many minutes past her fiftieth birthday.    She's likely got a shelf-life, she more than likely knows it and she's tasked with trying to combat that Thing's parental influence on a kid who does not seem to enjoy the limelight. 

• Love 6

A quick lesson in 'Trump-o-nomics' as explained by Professor Robert Reich. I hold this man in extremely high esteem, he's one of the most intelligent men ever to be a commentator on CNN. Whatever Robert Reich explains about economics or politics, I take as 100% fact. The stock market has been going up wildly since the election of Donald Trump and people think 'hey, that's a great thing for America!', but is it? According to Robert Reich, the stock market has risen because Donald Trump has presented a tax initiative that supposedly will help the people at the lower end of the income bracket. when in fact, it will help the top 10%, not the lower income families. This is why investors are excited and are going to invest in the stock market feeling that with Donald Trumps tax plan they will make a lot of money on their stock. The art of this tax deal is to Increase corporate profits, and assume that corporations will reciprocate with good American jobs. It’s “trickle-down” economics dressed in populist garb. But it won’t work. As long Wall Street continues to push corporations to maximize shareholder returns, American workers will continue to lose good-paying jobs to foreign workers or to homegrown robots. Payrolls are the biggest single cost on most companies’ balance sheets, so cutting jobs and wages will continue to be the easiest way to boost profits and share prices.

"If Donald Trump were serious about reviving good jobs in America, he’d give workers more bargaining power by strengthening trade unions, upgrading lifelong education and training, and simultaneously making it harder for Wall Street to demand that companies shed workers. These men in his chosen cabinet exemplify the financialization of the American economy that’s focused only on high profits and rising share prices, and shafted American workers."

We know that Donald Trump does not believe in raising the minimum wager beyond $12 an hour or that Unions are useful and in fact are hurting worker by charging too much for monthly dues.  So there's that.

Then there's Russia's response to Trump pick for Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. The Wall Street Journal reports that Moscow is celebrating Tillerson's nomination, quote; "Mr. Tillerson is very well known to the important people here, and neither Mr. Putin nor the others will need time to learn who he is and how to deal with him." The Council on Foreign and Defense Policy which advises the Kremlin said; "This news is better than any other possible person for this position." And a pro-Kremlin political commentator told the Wall Street Journal, "Rex Tillerson is some kind of Christmas gift from the American people to the Russian people."  As LO'D said, "if Tex Tillerson is a Christmas gift to Russia, it didn't come from the American people, it came from Trump Tower."

I'm editing because I just checked Robert Reisch twitter. He has news that the Feds just raised interest rates. It looks like we're heading into another 'bubble'. The relationship between stock market bubbles and crashes is similar to the relationship between clouds and rain. Since you can have clouds without rain but you can't have rain without clouds, bubbles are like clouds and market crashes are like the rain. Historically, a market crash has always precipitated from a bubble (pun intended), and the thicker the clouds or the bigger the bubble, the harder it rains. Fortunes are both made, and lost as a result of economic bubbles.

I'm scared more every day.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 15

Jack Kingston is another one that that needs to have the stupid ass smile wiped off his face. I couldn't listen to him prior to the election and I sure as hell don't want to see him now. So NOT surprised to see him kissing Russian asses. 

When are people going to wake up and take this Russian influence seriously? Russia is no one's friend and Putin wants to be Tsar Vladimir Vladimirovich. He is already in all but name. Orange Menace thinks he can control him.

drumpf, you ARE the puppet. 

• Love 9