Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Hū aʻe ke ahi lanakila a Kamaile (The Fire of Kamile Rises in Triumph)

• Start Topic

I have been watching this show as of late mainly because there is nothing else on on Fridays and I caught this one and I actually like it.  Then again I like me a female serial killer plot.  Serial killer psycho shrink Serena Southerlyn is so much fun and I am glad she lived to reek havoc another day.  Pn a side note; what dating site do you think female serial killer use?  Do you think it is any good? 

• Love 3

"We've got Steve and Alisha; they're okay."

NO they're not!!  They've both been stabbed in the back.   By what standard is that okay?  Steve is still recuperating, supposedly.  Then the two of them, just stabbed with a chef's knife no less, climb out of a slippery, rocky passage after almost drowning, but don't seem worse for wear other than being a tad tired.  No one notices they have holes in their backs and are bleeding?

• Love 14

For those, like me, who were wondering about the probability of Steve and Alicia walking and swimming all over the place with giant stab wounds in their back, I came across this article including a story (and crazy picture) about a woman who was stabbed in the back with a 6-inch knife and didn't even know it until she got home and her parents saw the knife sticking out of her.  Actually, based on my very brief internet research, it looks like one of the most implausible things about the whole stabbing plotline was both Steve and Alicia being incapacitated immediately.  According to this source, one of the common characteristics of a stab wound is that it initially goes unnoticed.  I suppose we're supposed to believe that the crazy psychiatrist is so smart that she knows just where to stab someone in order to immediately incapacitate them without killing them.  (There should be a serious concern about blood loss, though, especially after their time in the water.)

On a totally unrelated topic, Alicia's daughter says, in the Quantico flashback, that "If the very term 'serial killer' is defined by sexual motivation and the desire for power over their victims, that would alleviate almost all female murderers."  Say what?  Maybe she was supposed to say "eliminate" instead of "alleviate"?  Or to say that it would alleviate the culpability of female murders?   Because her sentence makes no sense as it is.  It irritates me when people use words that they don't actually understand.

And on a third unrelated topic, I can't help thinking that Chin's cute little niece would be a lot safer living with a Mexican cartel than with him.  He seems like a lovely uncle, but 5-0 family members are even more likely to be kidnapped and traumatized every few weeks than the rest of Hawaii's poor residents.  It's a very risky position, being related to Chin.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, laserlady said:

For those, like me, who were wondering about the probability of Steve and Alicia walking and swimming all over the place with giant stab wounds in their back, I came across this article including a story (and crazy picture) about a woman who was stabbed in the back with a 6-inch knife and didn't even know it until she got home and her parents saw the knife sticking out of her.  Actually, based on my very brief internet research, it looks like one of the most implausible things about the whole stabbing plotline was both Steve and Alicia being incapacitated immediately.  According to this source, one of the common characteristics of a stab wound is that it initially goes unnoticed.  I suppose we're supposed to believe that the crazy psychiatrist is so smart that she knows just where to stab someone in order to immediately incapacitate them without killing them.  (There should be a serious concern about blood loss, though, especially after their time in the water.)

On a totally unrelated topic, Alicia's daughter says, in the Quantico flashback, that "If the very term 'serial killer' is defined by sexual motivation and the desire for power over their victims, that would alleviate almost all female murderers."  Say what?  Maybe she was supposed to say "eliminate" instead of "alleviate"?  Or to say that it would alleviate the culpability of female murders?   Because her sentence makes no sense as it is.  It irritates me when people use words that they don't actually understand.

And on a third unrelated topic, I can't help thinking that Chin's cute little niece would be a lot safer living with a Mexican cartel than with him.  He seems like a lovely uncle, but 5-0 family members are even more likely to be kidnapped and traumatized every few weeks than the rest of Hawaii's poor residents.  It's a very risky position, being related to Chin.

Besides being smart, the crazy psychiatrist would have had to go through the same training as medical doctors in other specialties, so she should definitely know where/how to stab Steve & Alicia in the back but leave them alive & functional until (thankfully) when they were rescued by the team (or, in the alternative, until they were killed by the people Dr. Gray got to do it for her).

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, buckboard said:

NO they're not!!  They've both been stabbed in the back.   By what standard is that okay?  Steve is still recuperating, supposedly.  Then the two of them, just stabbed with a chef's knife no less, climb out of a slippery, rocky passage after almost drowning, but don't seem worse for wear other than being a tad tired.  No one notices they have holes in their backs and are bleeding?

I think they meant "OK", in this case, as in "alive". Not necessarily as in 100% uninjured. Their first concern would be if they're alive; their second would be over any injuries & their severity (or lack of it).

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I missed parts of the episode, switching to the baseball game - what was the excuse du jour for Danny not being part of the team trying to rescue his best friend from mortal danger?

He was in New Jersey for some reason that wasn't explained or discussed further. Kono (I think) mentioned it to Chin & Grover, I think when they were discussing the case, or Steve & Alicia being missing, in the big room with the touch table.

That was pretty terrible all around even by this show's standards. Is Dr Brown staying to create some romantic drama further down the line? The way she looked at Steve at the end seemed to imply as much. That serial killer couple looked and dressed as if they had escaped from the 70's down to the guy's sideburns. And all Chi McBride got to do (despite this being a Danny-less episode) was to taste shrimp doughnuts and hug some famous dude I don't know since I'm not into football/baseball (my apologies to cameo guy), sheesh.

• Love 3

The weirdest thing about the Otis Wilson cameo is that he's, like, the sixth or seventh most famous player from that particular Chicago Bears team. I mean, of course Grover (being from Chicago) would know him, but not a whole lot of other people do, so yeah, that was a super weird cameo. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

It's funny they didn't seem to need medical attention from both being stabbed in the back with a huge knife.

Excuse you, they had a blanket.

This was kind of a shoddy resolution to a longer arc, but it wasn't a bad episode. I wish they had stretched out the information about Claire Forlani's character a little more. Since she appeared multiple times, there was no need to save everything for the last episode. I found it hard to care, so last minute, knowing the arc was ending and she'd be leaving, probably.

I did love Elisabeth Rohm, as always. Dare I hope she'll resurface? Or was Steve's "we'll never find her" the end of that story?

I must say, Danny being gone from the conclusion of this major arc was kind of weird. And he'll be missing from the (200th? Or some other milestone?) episode too, right? Weird. They couldn't schedule his absences a little better?

Anyway, this was decent. A little more boring than the last few episodes, but still better than the last few seasons (at least going by the handful of episodes I watched over the past few years).

Edited by Princess Lucky
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

It's funny they didn't seem to need medical attention from both being stabbed in the back with a huge knife.

I'm sorry, I don't normally post on this board, but I had to.  In case none of you noticed Steve and Alicia had that wonderful salty ocean water to heal their wounds.  It was so healing that it didn't even cause them any type of pain or prevent them from easily moving around and climbing.  Therefore in the end they only needed a blanket for medical attention no stitches or bandages were necessary.  I don't even know why Jerry bothered to mention that Steve was even stabbed when he effortlessly jumped out of Danny's sports car.  How nice of Danny to leave Steve the keys while he's visiting his family in New Jersey.  By the way I can appreciate them mentioning that he's in Jersey.  At least it's plausible that he might wantto visit his aging parents and his sisters.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Princess Lucky said:

This was kind of a shoddy resolution to a longer arc, but it wasn't a bad episode. I wish they had stretched out the information about Claire Forlani's character a little more. Since she appeared multiple times, there was no need to save everything for the last episode. I found it hard to care, so last minute, knowing the arc was ending and she'd be leaving, probably.

I kept trying to gauge her age - she's been out of her job 'for years' prior to that she worked for 15 years as a profiler. Her profiler career ended when her daughter - who she had managed to push through Quantico and get on the profiler career too - was killed. Assuming that the daughter followed optimistic Hollywood standards of how much time you need to acquire a highly specialized skill set she might have been 25 when she was killed. Add the years of retirement and Dr. Brown must have had her kid in her teens if she's supposed to be near Forlani's age.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

I did love Elisabeth Rohm, as always. Dare I hope she'll resurface? Or was Steve's "we'll never find her" the end of that story?

I must say, Danny being gone from the conclusion of this major arc was kind of weird. And he'll be missing from the (200th? Or some other milestone?) episode too, right? Weird. They couldn't schedule his absences a little better?

Anyway, this was decent. A little more boring than the last few episodes, but still better than the last few seasons (at least going by the handful of episodes I watched over the past few years).

I was watching & AOL IMing with a friend in another state. We both think Elisabeth Röhm's character will probably resurface & wreak some more havoc sometime around the season (still hoping not series) finale, like Stephen Baldwin's character did at the end of S2 & beginning of S3, like Nick Jonas' character did in S4, & like I'm pretty sure Wo Fat & Gabriel did as well.

Yeah it was weird having Danny gone at the end of a case he'd worked the rest of with the team; maybe we're supposed to think whatever was up in Jersey that he was needed there for was an emergency, even though it wasn't described as such. But I do like when they take the trouble to insert a throwaway line explaining his absence, even if it bugs others when they do or when they don't.

It's the 150th episode Scott will be missing as well--that filmed as Ep 707. Since this week's ep was Ep 704 that should air 3 weeks from last night, if there are no pre-emptions between now & then, & hopefully Scott will be in both of the next 2 eps since he's missing again in 3 weeks & he says he gets 5 eps off per season (he's gotta save 1 or 2 for the last half of the season [laughs]... just saying). Since I was paying attention to my IM I was listening more than watching, but I thought I heard Scott's voice in the preview for next week... for what it's worth. When it started going around that Scott isn't in Ep 150, Lenkov confirmed it on his social media & said they tried everything they could to get the schedule conflict worked out so he could be in it, but it just didn't work out.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard he was off somewhere in NY state, if not city, filming something & his partner, Kacy, & their daughter came with him. It wasn't like he flew off to LA just to be with them, without any other reason to be there. If he were taking time off just to take time off while Ep 150 was filming, I would think they could've worked that out so he had at least a small scene or 2 in it & still got his break. I think he had another legitimate commitment that week & as hard as they tried, they just couldn't fix it so he could do both things at once, like they usually can (like last season when Masi Oka was doing H50 & the Heroes reboot at the same time, & this season when Masi's apparently been doing a movie & some other stuff & his extended absence has been covered for via Max taking a sabbatical from the Honolulu ME's office to work with Doctors Without Borders for awhile).

• Love 1

How nice of the serial killer couple to stand around waiting to be caught!! Why didn't they leave??? Instead, they seem to be just standing around and didn't try to leave until 5-0 showed up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I kept trying to gauge her age - she's been out of her job 'for years' prior to that she worked for 15 years as a profiler. Her profiler career ended when her daughter - who she had managed to push through Quantico and get on the profiler career too - was killed. Assuming that the daughter followed optimistic Hollywood standards of how much time you need to acquire a highly specialized skill set she might have been 25 when she was killed. Add the years of retirement and Dr. Brown must have had her kid in her teens if she's supposed to be near Forlani's age.

Glad to know it wasn't just me!

Sometimes I wonder if the writers actually think about the timelines...it pulls me out of the story when they tell me a character has a daughter who would be in her mid-to-late 20s at this point but I know they don't intend for her to be old enough for that to work easily with her backstory. 

• Love 1

This show has always been violent, but it seems so much bloodier this season. I hope they tone that down now that the serial killer story is (mostly) resolved. I really don't enjoy seeing gouged out eyeballs or recurring characters being dragged along a floor leaving a huge red streak. One of the goals of Original Recipe 5-0 was to encourage tourism, but clearly the reboot has no such ambition unless they feel like people would enjoy visiting a lawless hellscape.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The weirdest thing about the Otis Wilson cameo is that he's, like, the sixth or seventh most famous player from that particular Chicago Bears team. I mean, of course Grover (being from Chicago) would know him, but not a whole lot of other people do, so yeah, that was a super weird cameo. 

And Grover didn't even tell him that he recognized him because he's from Chicago.  He went on about how he's with 5-0.  What does that have to do with the Bears?  Another weird and irrelevant athletic cameo.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 2:48 AM, Brian Cronin said:

It was especially weird that it was in the episode promo. A player from 30 years ago I was wondering if a son was now in the NFL

• Love 1

How nice of the serial killer couple to stand around waiting to be caught!! Why didn't they leave???

This isn't their first rodeo. They knew that Steve might free himself and climb back up the hole. You can't just throw people into your evil death trap and leave. That's a rookie mistake. You need to stick around and make sure they die. They stayed so they could shoot Steve as he climbed out.

• Love 4
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 2:02 PM, illdoc said:

How nice of the serial killer couple to stand around waiting to be caught!! Why didn't they leave??? Instead, they seem to be just standing around and didn't try to leave until 5-0 showed up.

They obviously weren't the smartest serial killers out there considering they tried to murder a Navy SEAL by drowning him.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, kili said:

This isn't their first rodeo. They knew that Steve might free himself and climb back up the hole. You can't just throw people into your evil death trap and leave. That's a rookie mistake. You need to stick around and make sure they die. They stayed so they could shoot Steve as he climbed out.

That make sense, oddly enough. Maybe they are a bit genre savvy. 

18 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

They obviously weren't the smartest serial killers out there considering they tried to murder a Navy SEAL by drowning him.

That reminds me of Michael Weston's voice over on Burn Notice about not beating a SEAL in the water  when Sam took him into the water to stop him from going on a rogue mission

Just watched H5O.....its been a busy weekend. Anyhoo, what the heck happened to Steve & Alicia's stab wounds? Did they miraculously heal when they almost drowned? That was a pretty big & shiny knife. Once again, this show always fails on the reality part.   

Welp, at least that was over quickly. I don't actually think we'll see psycho doctor again, it was just a "Gotcha!" at the end. Hopefully they've learned something from the Gabriel debacle and will no longer try to foist ongoing characters with increasing power ups like a Shonen Jump villain on us.

Steve and Alisha should also have been writhing in pain from salt water in giant, open wounds.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Is Ingo's character, the FBI? guy, legimately trying to help Chin?  Or is he setting him up for something?  Because you know the aunt and uncle are evil.

I think he is really trying to help Chin.

10 hours ago, Raja said:

That reminds me of Michael Weston's voice over on Burn Notice about not beating a SEAL in the water  when Sam took him into the water to stop him from going on a rogue mission

My thought was.  Just shoot him.  My God why the super villian murder plot?  What happened to good old fashioned bullet to the head?  I guess no wow factor!  I'd make a boring serial killer.

Not to try to inject too much reality here, but the method of the kill is a deep part of a serial killer's psyche. Not that I am a serial killer, but I can understand how needing to carry out the ritual in a certain way is the whole point of doing it in the first place. Not that that makes killing okay! 

• Love 1

OK, so I watched last night and as always - Show, you are so weird.

I can't separate Claire Forlani from that part that she was on NCIS LA for awhile, from this part on this show.

OK, so I got that Alicia's daughter also went into profiling upon her mother's demand and was fast tracked to work for the FBI (right?), and was killed by a serial killer? Presumably the guy that Alicia went to visit in prison? I missed how that was connected to blonde serial killer, and also how that was connected to the couple who attempted to off Steve and Alicia. 

I love bits like the very end where blonde/now brunette serial killer was in LA, where the show clearly thinks it's being all dramatic and revealing, like that exact scene hasn't been done about 3 million times before, many of which on this exact show.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 1:10 AM, buckboard said:

But, but...they weren't bleeding anymore! Apparently the Pacific Ocean has magical healing powers! How the hell did either of them have the strength to swim and climb, then walk casually to the car?

i thought the episode was decent except for that stupidity.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JessDVD said:

OK, so I watched last night and as always - Show, you are so weird.

I can't separate Claire Forlani from that part that she was on NCIS LA for awhile, from this part on this show.

Me either. Especially since the 2 shows have crossed over (and I liked it, I thought they meshed well together). Claire has now done multiple arcs on each, which really takes me out it. I get seeing actors in one-off roles appearing on different shows but I wish casting would be more careful with larger roles.

I do hope that since the killer ended up in Beverly Hills, we somehow get another NCIS:LA crossover out of it. I'd love to see Sam and Steve working together.

I actually loved CF as a coroner on CSI:New York but I'm pretty meh here. I think part of the problem is her accent. She's a Brit and her natural accent is wonderful, however she's very emotionally flat as an American. 

7 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Not to try to inject too much reality here, but the method of the kill is a deep part of a serial killer's psyche. Not that I am a serial killer, but I can understand how needing to carry out the ritual in a certain way is the whole point of doing it in the first place. Not that that makes killing okay! 

Except the reason they chose drowning was because it was a lifelong fear the doctor  had.

And speaking of where  people might remember Claire Forlarni from, i will always remember her from Mallrats where she played Jeremy London's girlfriend and Michael Rooker's daughter.

19 hours ago, Raja said:

Wasn't there another Burn Notice episode where Michael commented about how Sam or one of his SEAL buddies would be able to fake drowning because of there ability to hold their breath underwater a long time?

Best part of the episode:  No Scott Cann!  I don't care where he is or what the explanation was, I was just so glad we didn't get the same carguments and "it's my car but you always drive" and "I gave you my liver" ad nauseum.  

The episode itself though just seemed to resolve the chess piece killer storyline a little too quickly and conveniently.  Wish we could have gotten Elizabeth Rohm on for more than one episode and one minute of the previous one.  They could have spent this episode building a case and then next episode where they hunt her down.  I completely didn't care for the hayseed Bonnie and Clyde couple.   Maybe Elizabeth Rohm can return in the future, she was looking all Xena there at the end with the straight brown wig.  I hated the choice of the name "Madison Gray" for her character though.  I highly doubt a 45 year old woman would be named "Madison"... the name of course wasn't even on the map until Daryl Hannah's character appeared in the 1984 movie "Splash".

I echo the sentiment that it was ridiculous that Steve and Alicia were still able to move.  They got stabbed in the back, the knife went in several inches, there was lots and lots of blood.  And yet by the end of the episode, no more blood and they are both "ok".  

Was Jerry Garcia even in this episode?  If he was, I missed him.  There was a mention of San Francisco Police Lady by her FBI handler.  Which confuses me, was he always based in Hawaii or was he from San Francisco?  His Australian accent was really glaring.

I am completely baffled by the Otis Wilson cameo.  What is the penchant for having athletes appear on this show as themselves?  There was the two football players from last season who were in the taxi that was facing a rampaging elephant.  And I vaguely recall an episode where at the end, Steve and company were in some restaurant and he approaches some football player and chats with them.   Was it Eric Dickerson?  It was somebody random that I don't think I would have recognised.  I remember the Jerry Rice cameo, but I seem to think there was another one.  The guy is standing there, and Steve just says "excuse me, ________?  I'm a big fan."  Or something like that.   But what is up with these cameos?  Are these players just living in Hawaii or just call up the show and want to be on it?  Or does the show reach out to them?  I liked Otis Wilson and remember him fondly from the 85 Bears team, but he's definitely someone I would classify as "random".

• Love 1
On 10/17/2016 at 3:30 AM, SweetTooth said:

I was surprised they didn't try to stretch this out a bit more and that we found out right away she was the killer.

It's definitely odd that they stretched Gabriel out for so long and then they come up with a good villain and dump her right away!

16 hours ago, blackwing said:

What is the penchant for having athletes appear on this show as themselves?

It's because of CBS' multiple NFL deals (the Sunday games and the Thursday night games). Corporate synergy and all that! 

17 hours ago, blackwing said:

Best part of the episode:  No Scott Cann!  I don't care where he is or what the explanation was, I was just so glad we didn't get the same carguments and "it's my car but you always drive" and "I gave you my liver" ad nauseum.  

The episode itself though just seemed to resolve the chess piece killer storyline a little too quickly and conveniently.  Wish we could have gotten Elizabeth Rohm on for more than one episode and one minute of the previous one.  They could have spent this episode building a case and then next episode where they hunt her down.  I completely didn't care for the hayseed Bonnie and Clyde couple.   Maybe Elizabeth Rohm can return in the future, she was looking all Xena there at the end with the straight brown wig.  I hated the choice of the name "Madison Gray" for her character though.  I highly doubt a 45 year old woman would be named "Madison"... the name of course wasn't even on the map until Daryl Hannah's character appeared in the 1984 movie "Splash".

I echo the sentiment that it was ridiculous that Steve and Alicia were still able to move.  They got stabbed in the back, the knife went in several inches, there was lots and lots of blood.  And yet by the end of the episode, no more blood and they are both "ok".  

Was Jerry Garcia even in this episode?  If he was, I missed him.  There was a mention of San Francisco Police Lady by her FBI handler.  Which confuses me, was he always based in Hawaii or was he from San Francisco?  His Australian accent was really glaring.

I am completely baffled by the Otis Wilson cameo.  What is the penchant for having athletes appear on this show as themselves?  There was the two football players from last season who were in the taxi that was facing a rampaging elephant.  And I vaguely recall an episode where at the end, Steve and company were in some restaurant and he approaches some football player and chats with them.   Was it Eric Dickerson?  It was somebody random that I don't think I would have recognised.  I remember the Jerry Rice cameo, but I seem to think there was another one.  The guy is standing there, and Steve just says "excuse me, ________?  I'm a big fan."  Or something like that.   But what is up with these cameos?  Are these players just living in Hawaii or just call up the show and want to be on it?  Or does the show reach out to them?  I liked Otis Wilson and remember him fondly from the 85 Bears team, but he's definitely someone I would classify as "random".

Yeah, the "I gave you my liver" is getting way old.

I love this show.  I really do.  But the McGarrett character is written very unevenly.  Either he's a ninja SuperSEAL who can take on five opponents at a time despite a dislocated shoulder, or dangle from a helicopter with a concussion yet still save the day by climbing in the cockpit to bring the damaged chopper down in a controlled crash landing, or he gets surprised by a female serial killer, stuck once with a knife and he's incapacitated immediately, and soon after forgets how to escape from duct tape bindings.  I get it, it ramps up the drama, but unlike the Aloha Girls episode where he didn't go all SuperSEAL on Tom Arnold's ass because he was trying to protect the little girl, he just didn't look like he had a clue in this episode.  Until he got tossed into the blowhole, then he got all bad-ass again.  At least in the Aloha Girls episode, you could see Steve recognizing opportunities where he could have done something, but didn't and his frustration was palpable.  In this episode, Steve was mostly playing the part of the damsel in distress.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, the "I gave you my liver" is getting way old.

I know, right? When Steve was stabbed, I thought, "well at least it wasn't in his liver or we'd really never hear the end of it."

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 4

Can anyone clue me in on how blonde serial killer was connected to Alicia? And how the they've been searching for them for 10 years serial killer couple was connected also? (If I could google this for myself, I would, but I really don't want to watch the whole episode over again to figure it out)

I totally agree that blonde serial killer was about 800000 times more compelling than the endless misadventures of Gabriel.

Edited by JessDVD

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, but I'm still confused as to the significance of all of the murders.  Why was it that Madison wanted to kill all these people?  The earlier murders were all killers who were being investigated by Detective Lau.  He was dating Madison and he got killed so she decided to take it out on those killers?  Where did Steve and Alicia come into it?  Is it because Madison knew they were investigating and getting too close so she decided to kill them?

I too am baffled by appearance of the serial killer couple.  Madison had no problems plunging the chefs knife into the backs of both Alicia and Steve.  Why couldn't she have just cut their throats right after?  As far as I know, she had no grudge against either of them, so why the elaborate need to bring this couple in?  Didn't she kill all of the others and gouge their eyes out?  She seemed to have no issues with brutality.

Also, at some point, Steve noticed that the King and Queen chess pieces were missing.  Who was supposed to be the King and Queen?  Was that supposed to be Steve and Alicia?  The way Steve said it, it seemed like he thought the couple was the King and Queen.  Was Madison planning on killing this couple after they killed Steve and Alicia?

I hope Madison comes back at some point during this season.  She is way more appealing as a Big Bad than Wo Fat, Gabriel Wainwright, Gabriella Wo Fat, William Baldwin and any of the other crime honchos they have had on this show in a long time.

9 hours ago, blackwing said:

Also, at some point, Steve noticed that the King and Queen chess pieces were missing.  Who was supposed to be the King and Queen?  Was that supposed to be Steve and Alicia?  The way Steve said it, it seemed like he thought the couple was the King and Queen.  Was Madison planning on killing this couple after they killed Steve and Alicia?

I felt like some of the plotholes were wide enough to drive a truck through but I did catch this one - Steve said to the 70s couple that Madison would kill them after they killed him and Alicia because that's how she does things or something.

My attempt to explain this reminds me why this would have been a more engaging and successful plotline if they had made it the thing for the season. Madison is about 300 times more compelling than anyone else they've had so far.

Yeah, the point was that Madison was a serial killer who didn't actually do any killing herself, but just lived vicariously through other killers. It's a great hook. 

And then she decided to start playing a game with 5-0 by then killing off the serial killers after they did their murders. And then the game stopped four episodes in for...no good reason. 

I can only imagine the writers, "Shit, we lucked into an actually compelling villain? What do we do? END IT! END IT!" 

Seriously, though ,remember, these are the same people who killed off Wo Fat just because they knew people wouldn't expect it. You don't do stupid shit just because people wouldn't expect it! That's not a good way to run a television program!

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 1:33 AM, laserlady said:

I can't help thinking that Chin's cute little niece would be a lot safer living with a Mexican cartel than with him.  H

On 10/17/2016 at 5:06 AM, Mittengirl said:

Is Ingo's character, the FBI? guy, legimately trying to help Chin?  Or is he setting him up for something?  Because you know the aunt and uncle are evil.

Of course they are.  Not like Chin, whose family and friends are so squeaky clean.  
Another thing to hate on this show.

On 10/15/2016 at 7:49 PM, buckboard said:

And Grover didn't even tell him that he recognized him because he's from Chicago.  He went on about how he's with 5-0.  What does that have to do with the Bears?  Another weird and irrelevant athletic cameo.

I think he did say that the Chicago tea, was the best of all time.

On 10/17/2016 at 1:15 PM, Sake614 said:

I thought the episode was decent except for that stupidity.

That and Steve butting the gun away toward Mrs Serial Killer!  Doofus!