Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Savanna's job is safe, Matt adores her and they get along well.  None of them are fond of Tamron but hide it enough.  I see it though.  Willy didn't even try.  LOL! 

I never liked Ann Curry.  She was nervous and just didn't connect with anyone including viewers.   It was said Matt was behind getting her out and I believe it.  Chemistry is crucial with a cast, especially a show that is all talk.   I like Matt, very much.  Bryant Gumble is the host I hated. 

Love Katie and her chemistry with Matt.  

Megan Kelly, no.  Is she doing an hour by herself?

ETA changed a mistake. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Samantha's job is safe, Matt adores her and they get along well.  None of them are fond of Tamron but hide it enough.  I see it though.  Willy didn't even try.  LOL! 

I never liked Ann Curry.  She was nervous and just didn't connect with anyone including viewers.   It was said Matt was behind getting her out and I believe it.  Chemistry is crucial with a cast, especially a show that is all talk.   I like Matt, very much.  Bryant Gumble is the host I hated. 

Love Katie and her chemistry with Matt.  

Megan Kelly, no.  Is she doing an hour by herself?  

Samantha? Do you mean Savannah? I know I don't watch all of the hours but I never heard of a Samantha ...

7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Samantha? Do you mean Savannah? I know I don't watch all of the hours but I never heard of a Samantha ...

Yes.  I must have misspelled it so auto correct took over.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Yes.  I must have misspelled it so auto correct took over.  

No worries. Happens to me all the time. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing anybody. Since I only watch like, 15 minutes of the first hour ... and I also do like Savannah and Matt together.

• Love 1

I never liked Katie Couric.  She always seemed fake to me.  I didn't mind Meredith, and I liked Ann.  I really like Hoda, especially when she isn't weighed down by KLG.  As for Tamara...the more I watch her as a main anchor, the more I question her IQ.  She gets rattled with the simplest of concepts.  Maybe she's a better reporter, because she is great on her crime show on ID. I don't think Al Roker is a big Tamara fan.  He appeared very annoyed with her is segments they have together.

I was watching this morning b/c I heard Chaz Palminteri & Robert Di Niro were on.  Then I heard the reason and saw the scene from their new venture.  Wow. Let's just say I don't think the "Hamilton" cast and crew has anything to worry about.

Page Six is reporting Megan Kelly will be given the second or third hour of Today. If it is the third hour, Kathy Lee and Hoda will move to the second hour. Tamron is leaving next month when her contract ends. Al sticks around, as always.

• Love 3

People Mag says that Megyn Kelly will replace the 9am hour.  However, Tamron is still with NBC/MSNBC.  Al and Tamron will still do the Today Show 7-9am.  They haven't figured out if Megyn's hour will be at 9am or after Kathy Lee and Hoda.   

I'm not thrilled that Megyn is on the Today Show, but am hoping this means NBC is keeping Days of Our Lives.

http://people.com/tv/megyn-kelly-hosting-hour-today-show-bumping-tamron-hall-al-roker/

ETA: Reread it and Tamron might be in negotiations, it says "as of right now" the plan is for Tamron to stay. 

Edited by birkenstock
3 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Reread it and Tamron might be in negotiations, it says "as of right now" the plan is for Tamron to stay. 

Hmm... I still believe the initial stories she was gone but NBC was getting some blow back online for kicking Tamron aside and giving her hour to Fox News's former number one Snow Queen.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Hmm... I still believe the initial stories she was gone but NBC was getting some blow back online for kicking Tamron aside and giving her hour to Fox News's former number one Snow Queen.

You're probably right.  I'm holding out hope that they're keeping her in the NBC News family.  The Today Show doesn't highlight her strengths, but I respect her as a newswoman.  I hope there is blow back if/when Tamron exits.  There's too much reshuffling.  I'm done with NBC if Megyn regularly subs for Lester Holt on Nightly News.

• Love 5

The NY Post article mentions that Megyn could take over Savannah Guthrie's job eventually . Wow! Would Savannah resign or prhaps try and be a co host on MSNBC. I always thought her & Chuck Todd would make a good replacement for Mika & Joe.

11 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I don't think Fox News watchers think much of Megyn either...

Tucker's ratings are supposedly higher than Megyn's.

54 minutes ago, oakville said:

The NY Post article mentions that Megyn could take over Savannah Guthrie's job eventually . Wow! Would Savannah resign or prhaps try and be a co host on MSNBC. I always thought her & Chuck Todd would make a good replacement for Mika & Joe.

Tucker's ratings are supposedly higher than Megyn's.

That will be the death knell for me with Today.  Over the past few years I have tried to switch to another morning show when I become irritated but always return within a day or two.  Today has been the best one, for me, flaws and all. 

I despise Megyn and will never watch with her.  I have disliked some hosts on Today but not to this extent. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Pickles said:

Page Six is reporting Megan Kelly will be given the second or third hour of Today. If it is the third hour, Kathy Lee and Hoda will move to the second hour. Tamron is leaving next month when her contract ends. Al sticks around, as always.

Ugh!  I have watched the TODAY show for over 40 years...it is how I start my morning.  Some anchors I have liked better than others, but I dont think I can stomach Megyn Kelly!  

• Love 4

If they are intent on adding this Megyn Kelly I hope they put her at the 10 am hour so I can leave at 10 and be done with them.  Not being a Fox News viewer, I don't really know her (or care to get to know her).  I occasionally enjoy Hoda and KLG, and don't mind the 9 am hour--except when they insist on featuring this John Cena clod. [What on earth is his appeal?  Blergh.]  And more and more, Tamron seems to be playing this "I'm so adorable--don't you all love me??" game that is a bit too precious.  Just chill out, Tamron, and be competent at your job.  When she's in reporter mode, she's fine.

• Love 3

I think I've said this before, but I really hate the segments where women have 30 seconds to change into their outfits. Not only is it unrealistic (who has only 30 seconds), but it seems very creepy to watch women in their underwear putting their clothes on.

• Love 2

I can't wake up early enough to watch Willie anymore.  I may have to begin recording it like I do CBS Sunday Morning.

Getting rid of Tamron and potentially Savannah (and Joy Reid on the MSNBC side, but that's another thread) for Megyn Kelly and trying to turn NBC into Fox News is bizarre to me.  Are they going to going to turn Today into Fox & Friends and have the hosts and talking heads spout White House talking points?  I know there's conflicting opinions about different Today personalities, but I don't think the show is that broken.  Oh well...

• Love 3

I wonder if Savannah Guthrie would voluntarily step down from the Today show. I find her unsuited for fluffy today show. Why not let her co host meet the Press? Chuck Todd's blood pressure is rising every time he interviews someone from Trumps advisors. He exploded at Reince Preibus

Edited by oakville
spelling
5 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I can't wake up early enough to watch Willie anymore.  I may have to begin recording it like I do CBS Sunday Morning.

Getting rid of Tamron and potentially Savannah (and Joy Reid on the MSNBC side, but that's another thread) for Megyn Kelly and trying to turn NBC into Fox News is bizarre to me.  Are they going to going to turn Today into Fox & Friends and have the hosts and talking heads spout White House talking points?  I know there's conflicting opinions about different Today personalities, but I don't think the show is that broken.  Oh well...

I don't think NBC will turn conservative. And conservatives dislike Megyn Kelly. Just who were they trying to appeal to? You may be right in that they may be going for a "political round table" kind of format.

NBC already has Meet the Press so I don't see the point.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
6 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I don't think NBC will turn conservative. And conservatives dislike Megyn Kelly. Just who were they trying to appeal to? You may be right in that they may be going for a "political round table" kind of format.

NBC already has Meet the Press so I don't see the point.

Savannah & Chuck used to co host a show in the morning after Morning Joe. I think they would be good at co hosting Meet The Press. Megyn Kelly is the new Deborah Norville of NBC.

4 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

It's a far swing from their "light entertainment" of the 3rd & 4th hours. Wonder how ratings are going to go.

Thats what I am wondering...is Megyn Kelly going to try to do her "Fox spiel" on TODAY? And then segue into the silliness of KLG&Hoda?  I always felt like the 3rd&4th hours were supposed to be lighter entertainment shows with lots of giggling and fun. (Although, when I saw Megyn Kelly co-host with Kelly Ripa one morning, she was as giggly and silly as Kelly, so maybe she will be doing lots of 'cutesy" stuff on her new show?)

• Love 1

The thing is, nobody wants The Megyn Kelly Show. Bigger, more mainstream names than her have tried and it is incredibly hard to launch your own talk show coming off news. If Jane Pauley and Katie Couric couldn't do it (and they actually have followings) then she can't do it. Their only option is to place her on Today, but they're going about it the wrong way. For one, the name needs to stay Today and she needs to be part of a TEAM. They can retool the co-hosts if they want, but it should never be just Megyn alone. I'd say pair her with at least two co-hosts that are familiar with the audience (Tamron and Willie perhaps?), let her do her sunday primetime news show and appear on MSNBC as needed. I feel like if they try to push out Al and Tamron and just have her hosting her own hour of Today they're setting her up for failure. They need to make it slow and gradual. 

• Love 8

Good for Tamron.  I wanted her to stay in the NBC News family, but understand her motivation in leaving now rather than go along with being pushed aside.  How can the Today Show be so terrible at transitioning hosts in and out?  

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, DorianGray said:

I think it was a very bad move on NBC 's part to replace her & Al Roker with Megan Kelly on the first day of black history month. There is plenty of anchor spots available at MSNBC. Why was Hallie Jackson & Katy Tur promoted at the same time as Tamron Hall losing her job? Furthermore they wouldn't even let Tamron Hall said goodbye to the viewers.

NBC started this mess when they hired Billy Bush last summer. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

OK, but I think it will backfire & they will lose ratings.

If they do lose ratings I don't think it will be due to Tamron's departure, it will be due to Megan Kelly's arrival.  I don't think Tamron will be missed all that much.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

If they do lose ratings I don't think it will be due to Tamron's departure, it will be due to Megan Kelly's arrival.  I don't think Tamron will be missed all that much.

Wasn't the Today show doing better than competitors in the 9 am slot? I think NBC should apologize to viewers for not letting her say goodbye. They look like hypocrites for discussing any race related issues. 

I don't like Megyn anymore.

• Love 2

Will Savannah be forced off the Today show to make room for Megyn?

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/05/megyn-kelly-could-be-in-line-to-replace-savannah-at-today/

I vaguely recall Deborah Norville being fired while on maternity leave back in the 90's.

I noticed that the Sunday Today Show has Indra Petersons replacing Dylan Dreyer while she is on maternity leave. She is just as perky as Dylan. I wonder if Indra would take Dylan's spot on Sunday Today & have Dylan takeover from Al Roker ? Al is getting older & the network may be tiring of his antics. They already removed him from the 9 am Today show. I wonder if Matt Lauer would stick up for Savannah or Al Roker ?

• Love 1

I think there would be more of a backlash if Al left, he's been with the show a long time.

Last week one of my teens was in the room while Today's Take was on (I DVR the Today show & put it on while I'm doing dishes). Tamron was having one of her giggling fits at herself. Ds said "they've talked about nothing for like 10 minutes".

I can see why the higher-ups want to get rid of that hour.

• Love 5

I enjoyed Today's Take when it was Willie, Natalie, Tamron, and Al. I could take or leave Al, but I thought Willie and Natalie provided somewhat of a balance to Tamron and sometimes Al. I like Tamron when she is doing the actual news instead of fluff. I gave up on watching when Billy Bush joined Today's Take. I do not watch the first two hours, so is Al the only POC on the show? I think Tamron, being a WOC is one of the reasons why I do not like that she was let go/left in favor of Megan Kelly.

• Love 1

I had to figure out what POC was- but Sheinelle Jones has been on Today's take, & she is the Sat coanchor. And Craig Melvin is also on Sat.

I don't think it was about color since supposedly they offered Tamron a $$$, multiyear contract to stay on the Today & she turned it down.

and when did Stephanie Ruhle leave Sat's? She was boring.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I had to figure out what POC was- but Sheinelle Jones has been on Today's take, & she is the Sat coanchor. And Craig Melvin is also on Sat.

I don't think it was about color since supposedly they offered Tamron a $$$, multiyear contract to stay on the Today & she turned it down.

and when did Stephanie Ruhle leave Sat's? She was boring.

We used to watch the weekend Today show every weekend  when Lester Holt & Jenna Wolfe were on it with Dylan. It was very informative yet relaxing to watch. I can't take Shinelle Jones seriously.

I do watch the Sunday show with Willie & Dylan or Indra. I prefer the in depth interviews to some 2 minute fluff segment on the Saturday show.

• Love 2

I like Sheinelle Jones, much more than Tamron.

Jenna Wolfe was the worst imho! I didn't find her relaxing at all. She couldn't read one story without a comment or joke (that wasn't funny). I found myself fast forwarding through most of the Sat show till she was gone. Just my opinion though.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Oh I probably was not clear in my original post. Sorry about that. I do not think it was about race either. I was just wondering if it was down to Al during the week. I just wish TPTB would go with more diversity than the Megan Kelly route, but obviously that is not going to happen, unless they cut some of the other Today Show anchors.

I do like Craig Melvin when he shows up during the regular Today. I have only seen the Saturday Today a handful of times. I feel the same way about Sheinelle Jones as I did Tamron, sometimes I like her and sometimes I find her annoying. 

27 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Oh I probably was not clear in my original post. Sorry about that. I do not think it was about race either. I was just wondering if it was down to Al during the week. I just wish TPTB would go with more diversity than the Megan Kelly route, but obviously that is not going to happen, unless they cut some of the other Today Show anchors.

Hoda Kotb is on the first two hours a lot too, in addition to being the co-host of the fourth hour.

• Love 1

Maria Shriver looks amazing! Has she gained weight? Whatever she is doing, she should keep it up, because she looks healthier than she has in years.

Not a fan of Lena Dunham but I think Maria's pearl-clutching over "penis" was a bit much.

• Love 1