Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

They did the same warm and fuzzy welcome to the show thing with Willie. Complete with his whole bio. And Al was threatened and bitchy then too. Now he's starting all over with Billy. I've never cared for Billy much (he seems so anchorman programmed), but I can definitely see Al playing this like it's a club he doesn't belong in. Wasn't that going around the Internet? They've all been mean to him like he can't sit at the cool kid's lunch table? Don't make me side with Bush, please. 

Jenna has grown on me. I don't watch enough to really see much of her, but I think she's kind of cute and funny when they do location stuff. She loves her parents but seems pretty independent. I can live with that. 

I just really hope it was Willie's idea to leave. Although as of a few weeks ago he said that he was keeping all three gigs, so there ya go. He seemed happy in the beginning with sort of the star hosting bit, but then along came Tamron, and his name was listed in the opening third out of fourth.  Yeah not a great compliment.  Especially if he really is waiting it out to see if he can replace Matt. I like him, but he can be a little wooden and smug. Don't think he is in real life, but he seems to be trying too hard to stay poliitically neutral. My favorite combination was still Willie and Brooke Shields. They brought out more fun in each other - especially when they'd talk about going to each other's holiday parties. Today really missed the boat with that one.  Maybe Brooke wanted to keep acting, but $$ also talks. 

• Love 4

Do. Not. Like. Billy. Bush! I'd rather have Willie...I hope they're not setting up Billy to replace Matt. Hell, even Carson would be a better choice as he has grown on me. BTW, did anyone notice that Jenna Bush was conspicuously absent in the taped welcomes for Billy? His dad would be her great-uncle. Maybe she's pissed about him replacing her BFF, Natalie. 

• Love 2

Maybe Jenna and Billy are doing that not acknowledging each other because they don't want the appearance of nepotism.  Did they even say a word to each other when they were on the air together in Rio?  It's all just a little weird, everyone knows Billy and Jenna are cousins.

• Love 2

I like Willie a lot, so I miss him at the nine o'clock hour. I miss Natalie at that hour also. I think Natalie and Willie were a nice contrast to Tamron and Al. 

Billy Bush is so annoying for me. I would rather have Carson if they were going this route. Carson seems more chill and less "look at me" than Billy. Though I would imagine working around Carson's Voice schedule put a damper on the some things.

• Love 4

What were they thinking?  Replacing Willy with Billy?  Whose terrible idea was this?  I love Willy's wry sense of humor, he always seemed quietly bemused by the silliness of the 3rd hour.  As someone who does like Tamron and Jenna and Al, I can say I can't stand Billy.  His spastic personality is jarring and unpleasant, he seems way too forced and fake.  I don't think I can watch anymore.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Maybe Jenna and Billy are doing that not acknowledging each other because they don't want the appearance of nepotism.  Did they even say a word to each other when they were on the air together in Rio?  It's all just a little weird, everyone knows Billy and Jenna are cousins.

Well, they can't go on forever that way. At some point there is going to be a family "event" that will effect them both. Although I didn't care for her dad or her grandparents, I like Jenna particularly when she is paired up with Natalie or Hoda (KLG can retire like yesterday). I'm going to really miss Willie and Natalie. Billy seems to epitomize privileged white male smugness. I may watch the 3rd hour for a few days to see if Al finally blows a gasket.

• Love 2

Help, please. I am out of the loop.  RL took me away from morning TV  for about a month, I am back now.  I need some Cliffs notes on the Willie/Bush thing.  I really like Willie.  I knew they demoted Natalie. 

So Bush replaced Willie in the hour he used to have, got that.  ugh

Willie said it was his choice.  What is he doing now, that he soooo did not choose!?  

On 8/22/2016 at 8:38 AM, mmecorday said:

Well, I guess I will be perusing the airwaves for alternative infotainment in the mornings. Billy Bush is too obnoxious to take in before 10 a.m.

I did that last year for maybe 3 days and came back.  The other morning shows are worse in many ways. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Willie said it was his choice.  What is he doing now, that he soooo did not choose!?  

Willie is going back to Morning Joe full time, will do occasional pieces for Today and will still host Sunday Today.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunday Today show was a concession for bumping him off the weekday Today Show.

I read that Today isn't going to hire a new news reader, Matt and Savannah will read the news from now on.  I never understood why they had a news reader, it always seemed like a useless position.

26 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Willie is going back to Morning Joe full time, will do occasional pieces for Today and will still host Sunday Today.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunday Today show was a concession for bumping him off the weekday Today Show.

I read that Today isn't going to hire a new news reader, Matt and Savannah will read the news from now on.  I never understood why they had a news reader, it always seemed like a useless position.

OK. He was fired.  We will never know why, I liked his calm presence and dry wit.  Certainly not because he was not good at his job.  Something went on behind the scenes.  

Loved Al going off on Bush over the Lochte scandal.  Al doesn't like him, you can tell. 

• Love 6

NYTimes had a great article on the weekend about NBC and the Lochte story. They were particularly hard on Billy Bush. This just reflects what happens when you put entertainment personalities at the front of so-called news show instead of relying on journalists. A news show where Billy Bush gets promoted over experienced journalists like Natalie Morales and Willie Geist is not truly a news show.

Ryan Lochte’s Evolving Story Faced Little Resistance From NBC

• Love 8

I don't know if it is the permanent arrangement, or if other hosts are on vacation, but the Tamron/Billy Bush duo have made the 9 am hour completely unwatchable. I have had to turn off the TV after 15 minutes two days in a row. 

• Love 7

Does anyone like Billy Bush?  I see both like and dislike online for Tamron, but I don't recall ever seeing any comments in the vein of "wow, I really like that Billy Bush."  If I was Today I would have found a way to have Carson host the third hour, or even Ryan Freaking Seacrest, before Billy Bush.

• Love 6

Today is the first time I am watching the full hour with Bush.  Oh wow, this is very, very bad.  I only caught a few glimpses previously.  Yesterday, I was fascinated with the underground rodent that lived in Africa (?) I came in the middle.  I wanted to know more about them but the conversation was hijacked by Tamron having to act out how creepy she thought they were.  She wouldn't shut up!  This segment was not about you.  Gawd, why is she still there?  And Bush is just as annoying. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Showthyme said:

This show has become such a crapfest. I watch for ten minutes to hear the headlines, then I am out. 

I find myself doing the same thing now.  I know Matt gets a lot of flack but, for me, he isn't even the worst part; in fact, he's the only one I can halfway tolerate.  

If Billy Bush were a food, he'd be oatmeal in my book, but at least he doesn't make my left eye twitch.  But Savannah, Al, Tamron, Dylan are all annoying in one way or another, so I just check the headlines and turn away.  

• Love 2

I've noticed they started having Hoda on during the first two hours.  Is it Today's way of competing with GMA and their awkward three co-hosts set up or is Hoda filling whatever void Natalie left?  I don't know, I just noticed they started it after Strahan became the third co-anchor on GMA.

• Love 1

Hearing Savannah giggle like a 13 year old girl over the "new" "13th zodiac sign" was so painful. I'm pretty sure the Today show itself reported on this a few years ago because NASA tries to pull this "the zodiac changed!!!111!!" every friggin year for some dumb reason. Why are we even wasting air time on this? Why does she think it's "cute" to giggle and act like a moron most of the time? Can she stop? So many questions. 

• Love 3
On September 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

I've noticed they started having Hoda on during the first two hours.  Is it Today's way of competing with GMA and their awkward three co-hosts set up or is Hoda filling whatever void Natalie left?  I don't know, I just noticed they started it after Strahan became the third co-anchor on GMA.

Yes, why is Hoda there every morning now?

Apparently Billy has deleted his Twitter account.  [ETA:  Billy deleted his Twitter sometime after he made a fool of himself with that Lochte interview, not this afternoon.]

Anyone want to take bets one whether he makes a "sincere and heartfelt" apology Monday or he'll be gone with no explanation.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 2

I find Billy Bush's smirk really off-putting, and the Lochte and Trump stories do him no favors. I can't see why they chose him to do the 3rd hour when there are so many talented people out there who are clamoring to be on national tv. He doesn't seem to be popular at all.

• Love 10

Billy gave an apology that at least admitted some wrongdoing.

' "Obviously I'm embarrassed and ashamed. It's no excuse, but this happened eleven years ago—I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I'm very sorry," Bush says in a statement obtained by E! News.'

Pretty good PR.

Still a douche supreme.

Does he have a portrait hidden somewhere? Maybe he subscribes to the Susan Lucci School of Anti-Aging. Start surgery before you need it.

Their FB page is blowing up with demands to fire Billy Bush, he obviously wasn't popular before today, now he's dead in the water. Two birds may have been killed with one stone, Trump and Billy. However, although I'm not a fan of the Bush family's politics, I'll admit Jenna grew on me for the more fun segments and sitting next to Hoda on Fridays. Hopefully, this won't blow back on her.

• Love 3

Access Hollywood confirmed the Nancy Trump was referring to was Nancy O'Dell.  So Billy Bush was cackling about Trump trying to screw his co-worker and talking about her fake tits.  So repulsive.  I hope he takes a good long break from Today because I don't want to look at him yukking it up when he laughed at someone degrading his former co-worker and women in general.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 10

Changing the subject- why do they let Matt Lauer do some cooking segments? He was so insulting to the poor woman making the game appetizers- "I'll have to add Lipitor", "oh more butter", "my cholesterol is going up", etc. Come on, I don't want to see a diet dip & anyway that is what the Joy segments are for.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Katy-lied said:

Their FB page is blowing up with demands to fire Billy Bush, he obviously wasn't popular before today, now he's dead in the water. Two birds may have been killed with one stone, Trump and Billy. However, although I'm not a fan of the Bush family's politics, I'll admit Jenna grew on me for the more fun segments and sitting next to Hoda on Fridays. Hopefully, this won't blow back on her.

I enjoyed Jenna co-hosting with Hoda, she seemed to be having fun, Billy is just annoying(this morning with his Spanx routing & then dancing around with Hoda, how dumb) I say "Fire Billy Bush" and hire back his cousin Jenna Bush