Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

That was the most unromantic/bizarre ceremony. Rushing through a screaming crowd of strangers while Andy Grammer was singing a fast, unromantic song & Joey Fatone as clergyman whipping through the vows.

Maybe they did it for all of the freebies, but I'll take our more intimate, romantic, family oriented wedding any time.

• Love 2

I remember years ago with they did "Today Throws a Wedding" and while it had its own flaws at least the ceremonies were nice and romantic. And the choices this go around were so uninspired and boring. I didn't even want to vote for any of it. 

• Love 4

I remember years ago with they did "Today Throws a Wedding" and while it had its own flaws at least the ceremonies were nice and romantic. And the choices this go around were so uninspired and boring. I didn't even want to vote for any of it. 

I remember that.  It was fun to vote on everything because the choices were interesting.  This was a mess; I didn't watch the ceremony in either show because I hate weddings but loved choosing the details.  This year the dresses were hideous other than the one that was chosen.   Where did they find those?!  The rings were terrible, the flowers, clunky and no bridesmaid dresses.   Fail.  

For a while the 9:00 hour was the Ellie Kemper hour.  Now it's the John Cena Show.  WTH???  What is the fascination with this muscle-bound ghoul?  Instant turn-off.  I haven't the energy to put up with Tamron AND him.

• Love 2

That call in with Trump this morning was such a train wreck. Though I really wish we had more shots of Savannah and Matts reactions to him spewing his incoherent BS because the few glimpses we got were almost worth it. Hell I would've paid to see Al's face during the whole thing. His call ins get more and more bizarre and desperate sounding every day. 

I know it's not popular to like Tamron, but I really liked Tamron and Willie hosting Today's Take alone.  I always thought Tamron was the only one who can convincingly do the light chitter-chatter bullshit and I hope they keep her if they revamp the third hour.

Tamron & Willie is a much better pairing than Tamron & Al! Al seems to bring out the hysterics/hysteria in her.

They spent the first 16 min talking about Trunp today. There are other candidates in the race. I know they have to report the news (& Donald makes news) but I'm tired of everything being rehashed by "experts" ad nauseam.

• Love 6

Tamron & Willie is a much better pairing than Tamron & Al! Al seems to bring out the hysterics/hysteria in her.

I've been saying that ever since she came on the show, that she's much calmer and more adult-acting with Willie.  She and Al together act like two five year olds playing around in kindergarten.

• Love 1

It look's like Wilie Geist is taking over the Sunday Today show & Erica Hill will leave the show & work on other MSNBC shows. We don't watch the weekend show as much since Lester Holt left.

It look's like Wilie Geist is taking over the Sunday Today show & Erica Hill will leave the show & work on other MSNBC shows. We don't watch the weekend show as much since Lester Holt left.

It was a good group with Lester, Erica, and Jenna Wolfe. I left when Lester was promoted and now watch the weekend GMA. They have a lot of fun over there.

Willie won't improve the situation either.

• Love 2

I'm glad Robert Deniro is getting a conversation going about autism. My youngest has autism & was fine until his 12 mo old shots. He had 6 (!) shots that day & developed a year - long runny nose. Up to that point had great eye contact, appropriate development, ETc. I'm not anti vac either but wonder why he had nearly double the amount of shots than his 6 yrs older brother had. Anyway, it was interesting television!

I wonder if Kathie Lee is getting ready to retire. She seems to be gone more than she is there.

They had to fire Regis or he would still be working.  I don't see Kathy Lee wanting to be out of the media.  She probably negotiated a good contract with a lot of time off.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

You'd think that with all of that useless garbage they have the anchors doing to "attract millennials", like the songs, orange room, the dumb banter, that someone on that staff would inform the anchors to not refer to Millennials in such condescending tones. They talk about them like they're a different species! Hearing Savannah ask Al if he "speaks Millennial" gave me so much secondhand embarrassment. She really comes across as an air headed teenager herself when she attempts banter. I get its the whole "kids these days yeesh, get off my lawn!" mentality but all of them except Tamron, Willie, Carson, and maybe Dylan talk about my generation like we're all useless pieces of crap and it's just rude. 

They want to attract the younger viewers to get the ratings but don't want to give us the same respect back. Being talked down to like that doesn't make any of us want to watch this show at all. 

• Love 1

I can understand how a millennials would feel condescended to by some people, and I agree about Al and Savannah.  

However, I'm a "boomer" and I can't tell you how many times the youngun's/millennials have talked to us and about us as if we've got one foot in the grave and another one on a banana peel, and we are a burden to society.  Just die already!  So it goes both ways, I'm sorry to say.

• Love 4

I'm glad KLG is taking time off. Not a big fan but I think she needs to spend more time in CA with her kids. Can't blame her for that. She still has her Today gig and gets the time off. Best of both worlds for her (and for me).

I like Hoda and Jenna together. Do not like Jenna's father and his politics yet I find her funny and engaging.

• Love 1

I liked Jenna & Sheinelle for the 4th hour. Hoda just annoys me, it's like she's trying to hard to be "hip" with her open mouthed selfies & top 40 pop music. Maybe she's looking at job security since they are trying to appeal to a younger demographic. I don't mind Hoda when she's reading serious stories in the earlier hours though.

• Love 3

I wanted to like the new Sunday format, but it was just kind of meh for me. I missed Shienelle, and Dylan doing the weather. And I didn't care for the roundtable at the beginning with those three people (I missed who they were and didn't recognize them). I would have rather they kept the old hosts and changed to this format if they had to. Nothing against Willie, though. Maybe it will grow on me.

Not a Willie fan and didn't like his show. Not an Erica fan either but I wonder what happened to her. Anyone know why she's not on the Saturday weekend morning show anymore? Her choice or will she get her own show on MSNBC like BW.

I wanted to like the new Sunday format, but it was just kind of meh for me. I missed Shienelle, and Dylan doing the weather. And I didn't care for the roundtable at the beginning with those three people (I missed who they were and didn't recognize them). I would have rather they kept the old hosts and changed to this format if they had to. Nothing against Willie, though. Maybe it will grow on me.

The three guests are frequently on Morning Joe. They should have kept Dylan for the weather. I don't like Shinelle. I don't take her seriously.

I think the new show is OK.

I watch usually just the first 30 minutes or so of Morning Joe, Oakville, so I might have missed seeing them.  And I was doing stuff at the beginning of Willie's new show and didn't hear who they were.  BTW add me to the list of those who thank you for the MJ recaps so we don't have to suffer through the whole thing LOL!

• Love 1

My God, enough about "Hamilton"!

Exactly.  I'm sick of hearing about how great it is.  When I saw the performance at the Grammys, I said to myself "Huh?  That's what all the fuss is about?"  

• Love 2

I was shocked when Tamron said she talked to Prince almost every day.  I would never have thought that the two of them would have been so close, based on her ditsy personality and his cool, calm persona.   

• Love 2

I was shocked when Tamron said she talked to Prince almost every day.  I would never have thought that the two of them would have been so close, based on her ditsy personality and his cool, calm persona.   

If I had just lost "one of my best friends" I might be inclined to take the day off work rather than go on national television and make it all about me...

• Love 5

If I had just lost "one of my best friends" I might be inclined to take the day off work rather than go on national television and make it all about me...

Yeah, I was just taken aback with her comments about knowing him so well.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one surprised.  

• Love 2

I was surprised by it. It's thoughtful of her to have taken the day off in respect of losing someone so close to her.

• Love 1

I'm glad Today finally gave Trump some airtime with that bullshit Town Hall. And shared the feed with Morning Joe. (insert eyeroll here)

Shame one of those "journalists" couldn't ask him why he refers to his mother as his "father's wife". Odd.

• Love 7

A lot of Prince's close friends have gone on TV to talk about him, Van Jones and Prince's former fiancee Sheila E. included.  I don't know what's wrong wanting the world to know how great someone you loved was.

• Love 1

A lot of Prince's close friends have gone on TV to talk about him, Van Jones and Prince's former fiancee Sheila E. included.  I don't know what's wrong wanting the world to know how great someone you loved was.

I know what you're saying and I agree, but sometimes I get the "Hey, maybe I can get 5 more minutes of fame out of this" vibe from some of the people who share.

• Love 2

This morning Hoda reported that Prince died without a will. $300 million estimated fortune with no will! That estate will probably be in the courts for years with everyone trying to get their share.

Billy Bush is leaving his show and will join Today in September.

I don't know what's worse, Billy Bush joining Today or those horrible rumors from years ago that NBC was thinking of Ryan Seacrest as a replacement for Matt.  At least the latter nightmare didn't come to pass.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Yet another piece on "Hamilton". Will it never end?!

I predict it's going to get much, much worse since "Hamilton" was nominated for so many Tonys.

I appreciate Hamilton coverage over some of the more white bread shit these morning shows cover, though I'm a little tired of hearing about it (because I'll never get to see it live).

Billy Bush and Natalie have switched jobs, Natalie to host Access Hollywood and Access Hollywood Live:  http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/natalie-morales-named-host-of-access-hollywood-west-coast-anchor-for-today/292844

Natalie is the last person I imagined doing entertainment news full time, but a job's a job.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Natalie is the last person I imagined doing entertainment news full time, but a job's a job.

If it keeps her from having to go to Rio for the Olympics, that's reward enough.

• Love 2

I've noticed they have not talked about Prince's possible pain killer addiction in their Today's Take or whatever the other one is where they sit & discuss stories in the headlines. Because of Tamron maybe?

• Love 1