Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, shoegal said:

I don't see that, I think she's very uptight and defensive about Adam's age because people were calling him a child, a baby and pretending a 30 year old man was equivalent to a 17 year old boy.  I don't believe Carole is defensive about her own age at all, but everyone else sure seems to be!  There seems to be a mission to put Carole in her old lady place, now that she's Jules' mother and all. 

No, Carole was the one to say that she and Jules were the same generation, she made that claim and Dorinda pointed out that Carole is actually old enough to be Jules mom, which she is. No one tried to make this about the age difference between her and Adam, no one!

• Love 15

Sonja's near walk-off was one of the phoniest things I've ever seen (and I watch pretty much all the RH shows, so that's really saying something). She was so desperate to do something dramatic and gain the spotlight, someone reaching over and offering her a Tic Tac would've sent her into faux hysterics.

• Love 12
Just now, WireWrap said:

No, Carole was the one to say that she and Jules were the same generation, she made that claim and Dorinda pointed out that Carole is actually old enough to be Jules mom, which she is. No one tried to make this about the age difference between her and Adam, no one!

I'm not talking about the Jules/Dorinda/Carole interaction, but Carole in general regarding her age.   Carole has been very up front about her age, celebrating her 50th with gusto and she's never tried to hide her age.  She seems sensitive about Adam's age because of the pedophile/baby comments, which I don't blame her.

• Love 4

"Jules says two of her bridesmaids were Michael's ex-girlfriends, which explains...everything."

I love how Luann seemed to take this as a statement in support of Tom being "close" [cough cough] with all his exes instead of the huge red warning flag it actually is.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

I'm just gonna disagree about Jules being a millennial.  If she was born before 1982, and if she's 35 in 2016 it seems she was, then she's a Gen X'er by most standards.  Millennials are by most standards born after 1982, and graduating high school on or after 2000 in the new millennium

But as you said earlier in the thread ("I think the distinct years of when a generation officially ends and begins are murky") Jules is on the cusp, and generations (as in Generation Jones) are often reclassified as cultural markers become more distinct over time. But that aside, Jules has clearly not lived the same timeline Carole has (first having sex in the seventies, college and career in the  eighties, married in the nineties, etc). Jules was entering her first year of school as Carole was graduating college, so there is no overlap between the two women that lands them in the same generational experience, not in any way that is reasonable to measure.  And the age gap alone makes it clear that Carole could be Jules' mother (a simple fact Carole found insulting, likely due to her current insecurity about her age, however she plays it.)

• Love 10
Just now, shoegal said:

Well, I am guessing Carole probably doesn't identify with a generation defined by the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights movement, so yeah, I think there is wiggle room. 

Is that all that she had to choose from? Interesting.

And since apparently options were limited people then skip years with blinders on until years down the line there is a decade that finally holds some interest to them?  That's a curious piece of logic.

So let me get this straight. Carole was devoid of any true relation to the era she was born in cause it just didn't resonate with her and it wasn't until she found herself in the next generation that she then started identifying with anything of substance? And low and behold that makes her of the same generation as a woman born almost 2 decades after her.

That really is something. I hafta say.

I think it's beyond ridiculous that Carole even attempts to lump herself in the same timeline as Jules. Plain and simple.

Their coming of ages happened in two completely different times AND Era's. Sure Carole EXPERIENCED the 80's/90's the same way I was shaking my ass at the clubs in the mid 2000's til today but that's just me partying and living as a young adult into my thirties etc. etc. that's not my coming of age. To lay claim to that is so freaking absurd.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sorry, I was born in 57 and consider Carole in my generation, she is not anywhere near my son's generation, he was born in 83', the same generation as Jules. Carole is a baby boomer no matter what she tries to claim. LOL

Well, you can consider her whatever you want, but that doesn't change that Carole was born just 4 months before Generation X is generally accepted to begin.  Your son would be a millennial by pretty much every standard, and Jules is like Carole born at the end of a generation. 

• Love 3

So glad this season and reunion is over.  I need a break from these ladies. 

Luann and Tom marriage – Ladies, let it go.  Luann will never admit that she is rushing into a marriage with a man she really doesn’t know and has given him a level of trust that if he ever deserved it prior to the cheating he definitely does not now. It is telling that the bulk of the blame she is handing out is going to the other woman with her dastardly clutches and herself and the argument she had with him that caused him to leave their apartment in the middle of the night to go to a bar, get drunk and make out with an old flame.  It’s sad when Ramona has the relationship clarity to call you on the fact that the attributes that you list as to why you love a man sounds like a list of hobbies and nothing about his character.  Ultimately LU LU you are grown woman who can do whatever you want no matter how ill advised.  At this point if the rest of the ladies want to “help” their friend they can drop the subject because beating it into the ground will only make Lu stay in the relationship longer to save face.

Beth vs Lu – B you were damned if you do damned if don’t.  Doesn’t matter if you told Lu when you arrived or at the end of the weekend this shit storm was unavoidable.  For all the talk about female solidarity and letting a fellow woman know when their significant other is cheating I do think for B that embarrassing Lu on tv was something too good to pass up.  It could have been handled from perspective of “what would make good tv” – tell on camera or “what is best for my friend” – tell in private.  B has been very vile this season but I have to agree with her thinking in regards to the “Are you in a monogamous relationship” being a valid albeit inappropriate question.  It has been established that Lu has admitted on camera that she and the count had an open marriage towards the end of it. B knew that and the reason she asked Lu was that given what she knows; the past open marriage relationship and her opinion of Lu’s promiscuity (in B’s mind), the photos of Tom could be a non-issue because they have an understanding.  Ultimately Lu’s anger with the situation is because of the messenger more than the message.  Also, I am totally waiting for next seasons Bethenny mea culpa tour where she will blame her actions on the fact that she was going through a nasty divorce and in “hindsight” she sees how evil should was and is sorry. 

Sonja with the sexy J –  Ahhh my Egyptian princess – Queen of De Nile.  This can be quick. You were nothing more than a hole for Tom to use.  He didn’t think anything more of you over the 10 years and 5 f@cks than that.  You have no reason for tears or mourning a “lover”.  He didn’t want more from you – he didn’t want to marry you, didn’t want to make you his girlfriend and I doubt he wanted to introduce you to his mama.  He owes you nothing. LET IT GO!  Also, I think it is telling that S got so put out because Dorinda excluded her from a party.  That’s what I walk away with after that performance.  S, did you watch the show?  The Berkshires was a hot mess that NOBODY who attended wanted to be there and yes, Dorinda made a judgement call to not include you and she did it without malice.  You lamenting over how no one takes your feelings into consideration and the temper tantrum that followed shows how clueless and immature you really are. 

• Love 7
  31 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I've seen the year at 1984 as the start of the Millennial generation, but the guy credited with naming the Millennials puts it at 1982, and that's generally accepted as the generation that came of age in the new millennium. Jules had to have graduated high school in the 90's, which is the hallmark of the last of the Gen Xers (my generation) so that I think that 1982 is a pretty good start/end date.....but obviously, generation start and end years are not cut and dried, as we've seen here.  Carole, being born in August of 1963 just four months before when it's generally accepted as the starting year for Gen X, I think, could be caught in that wiggle room, as is Jules.  I don't think it's unreasonable for Carole to consider herself a Gen Xer and to consider Jules the same. 

Not just one person, but this person in particular is the guy who is credited with naming the generation.  I figure he's got a pretty good pulse on when the generation begins and ends and I defer to his expertise.

Sorry, I was born in 57 and consider Carole in my generation, she is not anywhere near my son's generation, he was born in 83', the same generation as Jules. Carole is a baby boomer no matter what she tries to claim. LOL

I don't think this is a Carole/vanity thing. There really is a lot of conflicting definitions of these already arbitrary terms. I was born in 1961 and I've been classified at different times as both a baby boomer and a Gen Xer. I think all such destinations are sort of useless, frankly.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, film noire said:

But as you said earlier in the thread ("I think the distinct years of when a generation officially ends and begins are murky") Jules is on the cusp, and generations (as in Generation Jones) are often reclassified as cultural markers become more distinct over time. But that aside, Jules has clearly not lived the same timeline Carole has (first having sex in the seventies, college and career in the  eighties, married in the nineties, etc). Jules was entering her first year of school as Carole was graduating college, so there is no overlap between the two women that lands them in the same generational experience, not in any way that is reasonable to measure.  And the age gap alone makes it clear that Carole could be Jules' mother (a simple fact Carole found insulting, likely due to her current insecurity about her age, however she plays it.)

it a nutshell.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Is that all that she had to choose from? Interesting.

And since apparently options were limited people then skip years with blinders on until years down the line there is a decade that finally holds some interest to them?  That's a curious piece of logic.

So let me get this straight. Carole was devoid of any true relation to the era she was born in cause it just didn't resonate with her and it wasn't until she found herself in the next generation that she then started identifying with anything of substance? And low and behold that makes her of the same generation as a woman born almost 2 decades after her.

That really is something. I hafta say.

I think it's beyond ridiculous that Carole even attempts to lump herself in the same timeline as Jules. Plain and simple.

Their coming of ages happened in two completely different times AND Era's. Sure Carole EXPERIENCED the 80's/90's the same way I was shaking my ass at the clubs in the mid 2000's til today but that's just me partying and living as a young adult into my thirties etc. etc. that's not my coming of age. To lay claim to that is so freaking absurd.

That happens within every generation.  Let's look at the Baby Boomers (defined by birth years 1946-1964).  Some came of age during Vietnam and the 60's.  Some, as Barack Obama or Carole if you want to put her in that generation, came of age with Ronald Reagan and the beginning of the 1980's.  Birth years in generations span 18-20 years, so people in the same technical generation can have vastly different experiences and come of age in vastly different era's.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

Does it matter whether Jules and Carol are both (honorary) Gen Xers or not? The point is that seventeen years is a significant age difference. Carol looked strange when she got all flustered at the reunion and tried to pretend otherwise.

Technically, my boyfriend is Gen X and I'm a Millennial. But we're only seven years apart, and I would raise my eyebrow if someone started talking about our "generation gap." I think that the actual age difference is what's more important. Plus, he and I are in the same stage in our lives. I don't think that's true of Jules and Carol either.

In any case, I think that Carol is struggling with a midlife crisis. She's got a much-younger boyfriend and her current career has stalled out -- pretty classic signs. That's OK (and could honestly would have the potential to be the most interesting storyline on the show) but Carol is in denial-land right now. So instead, we just get a lot of scenes of her acting insecure/defensive, sour, and weird.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That happens within every generation.  Let's look at the Baby Boomers.  Some came of age during Vietnam and the 60's.  Some, as Barack Obama or Carole if you want to put her in that generation, came of age with Ronald Reagan and the beginning of the 1980's.  Birth years in generations span 18-20 years, so people in the same technical generation can have vastly different experiences and come of age in vastly different era's.

Carole was trying to create some common ground between her and a women 17 years her junior by making that generation claim. As if there really isn't much of an age difference between them... I mean...???? Screw the terms, Caroles point was they weren't that far off with regards to their age timelines (tired of using the very controversial term generation, lol) and ummmmmm the math alone just shows how pathetic Carole really is and how bad her Peter Pan syndrome is.

Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Does it matter whether Jules and Carol are both (honorary) Gen Xers or not? The point is that seventeen years is a significant age difference. Carol looked strange when she got all flustered at the reunion and tried to pretend otherwise.

Technically, my boyfriend is Gen X and I'm a Millennial. But we're only seven years apart, and I would raise my eyebrow if someone started talking about our "generation gap." I think that the actual age difference is what's more important. Plus, he and I are in the same stage in our lives. I don't think that's true of Jules and Carol either.

In any case, I think that Carol is struggling with a midlife crisis. She's got a much-younger boyfriend and her current career has stalled out -- pretty classic signs. That's OK (and could honestly would have the potential to be the most interesting storyline on the show) but Carol is in denial-land right now. So instead, we just get a lot of scenes of her acting insecure/defensive, sour, and weird.

Thank you!

Me Too (7 year gap)! Except I'm the Gen X and he's the Millennial...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

So that's why she wore that raggedy ass dress.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well, I am guessing Carole probably doesn't identify with a generation defined by the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights movement, so yeah, I think there is wiggle room.   I mean, she's more of a stoner, slacker generation.  LOL

I am quite certain pot and LSD were around in the 60's and 70's.  Two things Carole definitely identifies with and of course Aerosmith, a band who had their beginnings in 1970.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am quite certain pot and LSD were around in the 60's and 70's.  Two things Carole definitely identifies with and of course Aerosmith, a band who had their beginnings in 1970.

I can second your information about pot and LSD, yes they were around and up and down and what was that?

Over there, It looks like a polka dotted purple mammoth!!!!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Proof is in the documents.  It would seem if they had a post-nup they would not be in court. 

I don't know about these things but this 'post-nup' thing be a way for Michael to reduce his payments?

Not saying he's a slimeball or anything.  I'm just asking a question.  :D

• Love 1

I have a nephew who, god bless him, bumps along in his life.

He comes from the 'Yeah, But' generation.

Every time we would talk and he'd ask for some info or advice, he'd start to listen and interrupt with the 'Yeah, but....." answer.

I told him to stop talking like an idiot and listen, then ask questions - as opposed to wasting MY fucking time asking for advice and then telling me I don't know what I was talking about.

Idiot generation.

• Love 9

Sweet moments: Dorinda owning Bethany, and the crickets when Bethany cheater-branded Sonja by acting like she was leaving (even BFF Carole didn't seem to give a shit).

When does Vanderpump Rules start?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10

I thought a great Sonja Dorinda moment is when Dorinda asked Sonja not to call John the dry cleaner.  He has 80 employees and 55. . . interruption, and Dorinda repeatedly called Sonja, "hostess, hostess, hostess."  The really can act like children.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, jaync said:

Sweet moments: Dorinda owning Bethany, and the crickets when Bethany cheater-branded Sonja by acting like she was leaving (even BFF Carole didn't seem to give a shit).

When does Vanderpump Rules start?

When Kelly skips out on her bill.

• Love 4

I thought a great Sonja Dorinda moment is when Dorinda asked Sonja not to call John the dry cleaner.  He has 80 employees and 55. . . interruption, and Dorinda repeatedly called Sonja, "hostess, hostess, hostess."  The really can act like children.

So in Bethenny's favor is the fact that she actually uses Madam Paulette, pays the bill, and speaks highly of the service. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I don't know about these things but this 'post-nup' thing be a way for Michael to reduce his payments?

Not saying he's a slimeball or anything.  I'm just asking a question.  :D

That's okay - you can say he's a slimeball - I'd agree with you!  ;-)

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It turns out we had all of those things when I was in high school and college in the 90s. There was less LSD and more ecstasy, still a ton of pot, and Aerosmith was known for their Amazing, Crazy, Cryin' videos starring Alicia Silverstone.

I actually had never heard any of Aerosmith's pre Walk this Way with Run DMC stuff until the mid 2000s.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Wait, so Steven Tyler was in a band before he sold Skittles candy?

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Sonja's near walk-off was one of the phoniest things I've ever seen (and I watch pretty much all the RH shows, so that's really saying something). She was so desperate to do something dramatic and gain the spotlight, someone reaching over and offering her a Tic Tac would've sent her into faux hysterics.

Yes, Sonja fooled no one and Bethenny's attempt was even more fake. LOL

56 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I'm not talking about the Jules/Dorinda/Carole interaction, but Carole in general regarding her age.   Carole has been very up front about her age, celebrating her 50th with gusto and she's never tried to hide her age.  She seems sensitive about Adam's age because of the pedophile/baby comments, which I don't blame her.

Yes, Carole was upfront about her age, proud of it even but then Adam came along and that has all changed. Any mention of age gets her hackle's up even when it has nothing to do with her/Adam's age difference. And she was like this before Luann's crass pedophile comment.

55 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

"Jules says two of her bridesmaids were Michael's ex-girlfriends, which explains...everything."

I love how Luann seemed to take this as a statement in support of Tom being "close" [cough cough] with all his exes instead of the huge red warning flag it actually is.

Jules's comment was in reply to Luann saying that both Jacques and Alex were coming to her/Tom's wedding, not in reply to Luann's comment about Tom still being friends with ex gfs.

50 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't think this is a Carole/vanity thing. There really is a lot of conflicting definitions of these already arbitrary terms. I was born in 1961 and I've been classified at different times as both a baby boomer and a Gen Xer. I think all such destinations are sort of useless, frankly.

I agree, this what "generation" a HW was born in is ridiculous but it is 1 that Carole, herself, started. She was upset that Jules made "age/menopause" comments when Jules was calling them out on their "weight" comments to her all season. Yes, Jules did make a few "menopausal" behavior comments early in the season but the how much does she weigh/eat comments directed at/to Jules from Bethenny and Carole happen for most of the entire season, not just 2 or 3 comments but a couple dozen. I don't think Carole was being vain when she said she/Jules were the same generation, IMO, she was being defensive.

• Love 8

Although the age comments were in Part 2 of the Reunion, what kind of bugs me is Carole writing, that she is like Benjamin Button aging backwards.  When she was married her husband was a baby-boomer as was his cousin, her friend was three years younger making her a Gen-X.  I hope Carole does realize Benjamin Button was fiction.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I took care of kids as a counselor and coached little league woman's soft ball. I then coached an adult softball team and I'd rather deal with 75 kids on sugar highs than the adults.

Kids are honest with their thought and feelings - this bunch of cows don't even respect themselves, so any thought of them kissing and making up, being cordial or even putting forth an honest apology is way out of their league.

They are nothing like any of the people that I have known (real Gangstas, drunks, slugs and opportunists) in my life - none of these gals would last a day 'being real'.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I don't think it matters that much except for all of the protestations that Carole and Jules were generations apart!  People born 18-20 years apart can be a part of the same generation, so yes, it's a significant age difference but not one that precludes them from being in the same generation, which is what Carole said.  I don't think the age difference was an issue until Jules used it to insult the old motherly menopausal hags.  I mean, I can't imagine why Carole might be sour about that!  LOL!

That said, I don't consider Jules and Carole to be that far apart in terms of their station in life, even considering that Carole is single and dating and Jules is married with children.  I would consider them peers and I believe at least in terms of the show, that's what they are supposed to be. 

But MMV.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That said, I don't consider Jules and Carole to be that far apart in terms of their station in life, even considering that Carole is single and dating and Jules is married with children

And their stations are even closer now that Jules will soon be single and (assumably) dating, too! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Carole was upfront about her age, proud of it even but then Adam came along and that has all changed. Any mention of age gets her hackle's up even when it has nothing to do with her/Adam's age difference. And she was like this before Luann's crass pedophile comment.

Carole has ALWAYS been consistent in her disdain of people using age as an insult. She wrote almost an entire blog about that very topic back when the terrible Aviva said something along the lines of "at least I'm not 50 and alone". That was the season she was openly embracing what she said was the excitement of being a woman entering her 50's, and about a year before she had ever brushed up against Adam. 

It seems like some want to believe that Carole is somehow a different person since she met Adam or became friends with Beth.  Apparently she is concerned about her age because of Adam. She is being led around by the nose because of Beth. It's interesting to me because the thinking last season was that Heather led her around. Folks are surprised that Carole doesn't call Beth out, and some seem to think she did with Heather. I don't remember that. I remember her letting Heather do Heather however she wanted to do Heather. Remember their conversation in Montanta - in the morning when they were talking? They talked about how everyone thought that Heather bossed her around and that Carole was just a mouse who took it all. I also remember some saying that they didn't think that Carole would have barged into Ramona or Lu's room, ripping apart drapes, had she not been following Heather.  People who didn't like Heather blamed her for Carole's behavior, especially over on Vulture. Lu basically said the same thing, saying that Carole had apologized to her for barging into her room, saying that it was all Heather and she couldn't stop her. Which Carole denied. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

I live in NYC and over the years I have ran into a couple of the housewives:

·         Dorinda and John – this was during her first year as a HW. Really nice both of them actually. She was very talkative and pleasant.  My impression was of a genuinely decent woman.

·         Sonja – A HOT MESS! This was about 3 or 4 years ago.  She came to a gala, stalked the red carpet. Snuck in the event without paying or getting a comp (I know for a fact) I spoke with her and she was definitely on something.  A lil loopy slightly incoherent. I got the impression it was something other than liquor. She also had a case of body odor – like her deodorant had worn off. But definitely working her Grey gardens/SATC Samantha Jones old cougar thing persona.

·         Bethenny – This was about 5 years ago. She was actually nice. A lil extra and trying too hard to prove she was down with the people but she treated the staff respectfully.

·         Carole – at a fashion event and very personable. I didn’t get the feeling of putting on airs or anything, was nice to people.

·         Luann – ahhh LU LU… I have encountered Luann on 3 different occasions.  Each time a tad tipsy. Very much an air of superiority. At one event she asked where the bathroom was and when I told her the closest bathroom was at the other end of the venue because the closer bathroom was not accessible for guests she looked me up and down rolled her eyes and mumbled something to the effect of “I can use whatever bathroom I want”.

Yeah, but you could be exactly like Bethenny -- we don't know. :-) (Please know that I am KIDDING! Really, I am. :-) )

I just drove to the store and saw a pretty nice, expensive car that, as I got closer, was missing a hub cap.

I laughed because that was a perfect metaphor for this bunch - From a distance they look pretty good and then you get closer and see some scratches, stupid bumper stickers or dents in the damn things and it ruins the fantasy.

You think about how much that car is worth and why they haven't fixed it or why they have modified it until it resembles nothing like the original car?

• Love 2

Fuck the 'generation generalization' - when you were born has nothing to do with your maturity.

I have seen people who were supposedly 'grown up' and acted like children, it goes the same with young people who are mature beyond their years.

When you love someone, you don't stop and count your summers or categorize yourself by what history you missed and are bitter about.

Being proud of being born into a subset of mankind that really hasn't "lived" on the planet is hilarious.

• Love 7

So Ramona was suppose to surprise Bethenny with the Tipsy Girl at her birthday party, in November, Ramona backed out after several months of being in on the planning and instead Sonja launched it right around November 20th, the articles hit the Post on November 27th, Bethenny eviscerated Sonja after the dry cleaner party on December 8 and Sonja was not invited to the December 13th, Berkshires party.

I just smell Ramona all over this punt to Sonja.  Very similar to her sending the hounds after Luann in Turks & Caicos, when it was Ramona that left her man upstairs, also resembles Ramona engaging Luann in negative chat about John and then calling Dorinda about the conversation, and conveniently leaving herself out.  From the exclamation at the party about Tipsy Girl being close to Skinnygirl as if she never had heard of the concept, to the Post mention, to Bethenny telling Sonja, Ramona told her Peter was no good.  All these intimate moments with Bethenny and never once did she mention she knew about the restaurant and Prosecco.  Carole speaks of Luann not mentioning Tom to Sonja, what is with this no mention of Ramona's involvement in Tipsy Girl to her BFF Bethenny?  You know like girlfriends do.  Another example of Ramona removing herself from the equation.

When Bethenny was reading Luann out about staying with Sonja, it was Sonja's reference to Luann coming in at 5 am, when she stayed with her previously, it was Ramona asserting they were living in a bordello, with swinging doors of men, when Sonja in fact clarified she and Luann never brought a men home while Luann was staying with Sonja.

Then there is Ramona going on and on about integrity and generosity.  Where is hers?  And why doesn't Bethenny call her out on her lack of character and lying oh and made spreading malicious gossip which she, Bethenny relied on?  This is Ramona who saves a heart on her palm and can recall every place she and Tom walked by and calling him a liar because he said two dates and it was 4,5,6, 7, or 12, when she has a huge omission and feeds the beast that is Bethenny about the most important thing in the world to her Skinnygirl misdirection.

One more thing Carole didn't seem to be bothered, and in fact laughed, when Bethenny was calling Ramona out on her age, and Carole raised an eyebrow when Ramona spoke of using a diaphragm-so she is not so innocent in the age shaming game.  It seems Carole also had a few choice comments about her housemates in Montana and their need to have the thermostat set low.

• Love 21
59 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Carole has ALWAYS been consistent in her disdain of people using age as an insult. She wrote almost an entire blog about that very topic back when the terrible Aviva said something along the lines of "at least I'm not 50 and alone". That was the season she was openly embracing what she said was the excitement of being a woman entering her 50's, and about a year before she had ever brushed up against Adam. 

It seems like some want to believe that Carole is somehow a different person since she met Adam or became friends with Beth.  Apparently she is concerned about her age because of Adam. She is being led around by the nose because of Beth. It's interesting to me because the thinking last season was that Heather led her around. Folks are surprised that Carole doesn't call Beth out, and some seem to think she did with Heather. I don't remember that. I remember her letting Heather do Heather however she wanted to do Heather. Remember their conversation in Montanta - in the morning when they were talking? They talked about how everyone thought that Heather bossed her around and that Carole was just a mouse who took it all. I also remember some saying that they didn't think that Carole would have barged into Ramona or Lu's room, ripping apart drapes, had she not been following Heather.  People who didn't like Heather blamed her for Carole's behavior, especially over on Vulture. Lu basically said the same thing, saying that Carole had apologized to her for barging into her room, saying that it was all Heather and she couldn't stop her. Which Carole denied. 

Anytime anyone talks about "age", even in general, you can visibly see her back stiffen, become rigid, expecting a dig about the difference between her/Adam. Heck, she even talked about only having "5 good summers left" with Adam herself. And Carole has made "age jokes" herself about the others, so No, she isn't/wasn't some one saying jokes about age are off limits.

As far as Carole/Heather's friendship compared to Carole/Bethenny's friendship, IMO, there is a very big difference. Carole had no problem telling Heather she was wrong, to apologize to someone, to let an argument go but she hasn't gone against Bethenny at all this season, as if she has morphed into a mini Bethenny. I never thought Carole was cold but either I was wrong about her or she is showing me that this is who she really is at her core. I still see peeks at the Carole I like but then she morphs back into that Mini Bethenny that I dislike.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, film noire said:

But as you said earlier in the thread ("I think the distinct years of when a generation officially ends and begins are murky")

Its no one's definition but my own but I think a person is GenX if they were old enough to get into the theater without parents but under thirty when Reality Bites was released.  Feb-17-1964 to Feb-18-1981.  

But back to the show...

Bethenny seemed depressed by the end.  The comment she made that she was on her best behavior when she showed Lu Ann the evidence of Tom's cheating was curious.  She is obviously aware that she doesn't have the popularity she used to have.  I doubt that she'll reflect and decide if her best behavior is awful then maybe she should change.  But showing Lu Ann that picture on camera was one of the worse things I've seen a Housewives do. 

I wonder who strong armed Lu Ann into apologizing to Bethenny at all during the reunion.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anytime anyone talks about "age", even in general, you can visibly see her back stiffen, become rigid, expecting a dig about the difference between her/Adam. Heck, she even talked about only having "5 good summers left" with Adam herself. And Carole has made "age jokes" herself about the others, so No, she isn't/wasn't some one saying jokes about age are off limits.

As far as Carole/Heather's friendship compared to Carole/Bethenny's friendship, IMO, there is a very big difference. Carole had no problem telling Heather she was wrong, to apologize to someone, to let an argument go but she hasn't gone against Bethenny at all this season, as if she has morphed into a mini Bethenny. I never thought Carole was cold but either I was wrong about her or she is showing me that this is who she really is at her core. I still see peeks at the Carole I like but then she morphs back into that Mini Bethenny that I dislike.

Some would say she did none of those positive things with Aviva, and she did let a lot go with Lu.  

2 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

I live in NYC and over the years I have ran into a couple of the housewives:

·         Dorinda and John – this was during her first year as a HW. Really nice both of them actually. She was very talkative and pleasant.  My impression was of a genuinely decent woman.

·         Sonja – A HOT MESS! This was about 3 or 4 years ago.  She came to a gala, stalked the red carpet. Snuck in the event without paying or getting a comp (I know for a fact) I spoke with her and she was definitely on something.  A lil loopy slightly incoherent. I got the impression it was something other than liquor. She also had a case of body odor – like her deodorant had worn off. But definitely working her Grey gardens/SATC Samantha Jones old cougar thing persona.

·         Bethenny – This was about 5 years ago. She was actually nice. A lil extra and trying too hard to prove she was down with the people but she treated the staff respectfully.

·         Carole – at a fashion event and very personable. I didn’t get the feeling of putting on airs or anything, was nice to people.

·         Luann – ahhh LU LU… I have encountered Luann on 3 different occasions.  Each time a tad tipsy. Very much an air of superiority. At one event she asked where the bathroom was and when I told her the closest bathroom was at the other end of the venue because the closer bathroom was not accessible for guests she looked me up and down rolled her eyes and mumbled something to the effect of “I can use whatever bathroom I want”.

I can totally see all of this.  

And, unfortunately, I think that there has been a HUGE change in Bethenny in the last five years, as evidenced by her current personality on the show.

• Love 4