Type keyword(s) to search

Danielle and Mohamed: The Original Mess

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Deep down she must have had some doubts, just before he arrived, she said "I hope I haven't misjudged him."

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Deep down she must have had some doubts, just before he arrived, she said "I hope I haven't misjudged him."

i don't think she did.  She was not able to go there.  She has a low IQ, no role model or education to know about love, relationships or much of anything.  She is a child in a cartoon love story.  She has no clue what love is.  None.   She never loved him, she loved the idea of love.  She just doesn't not know what it is all about.  No clue.  She just wanted to be taken care of and adored.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

So is she delusional or just stupid? That's what I can't figure out. 

She's a narcissist. She honestly believed she could buy what she wanted - a (relatively) hot young boytoy to meet all her needs and give her endless gratitude and attention. Mo knew this was a business deal but Danielle refused to see it that way. Result? Must-See TeeVee.

• Love 8

Very insightful Christina. Mo always complains that Dani lied about her financial condition -- meaning his real grievance is that she did not have the resources to give him the material things he wanted.  If she had been an heiress there is no doubt he would have been equally desperate to escape her. I still recall idly tuning in to the new TLC show and then having a completely jaw-dropping moment over the opening scene with Danielle giggling and smirking over her true love, Mohamed. As if there were ever one moment of suspense.  Speaking of which, where is Mo keeping himself these days? Still driving for Uber in Port Richey? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

How can you get fired from Uber????  You pick people up and drop them off...the app takes care of payment and gps LOL.  WTH?

Riders leave a review (5 stars). If your average drops too low, you're out. Drivers can leave reviews for Riders too. 

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

He might have been hitting on the women he drove around. Sounds like Mo.

Mo is gross, but there is a growing anti-Muslim movement in Florida (following Pulse massacre). Riders may have given him a low rating because of his religion/ethic group. 

• Love 3

You use your own car with Uber.  They have rules for that.  It cannot be older than X amount of years and it has to pass their standards.  I chalk his Uber experience to rumor.  Every Uber I have taken (and there have been many) are new or look like it, all in mint condition. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

You use your own car with Uber.  They have rules for that.  It cannot be older than X amount of years and it has to pass their standards.  I chalk his Uber experience to rumor.  Every Uber I have taken (and there have been many) are new or look like it, all in mint condition. 

You can get cars through Uber.  You lease them - they have an agreement with Toyota. They pay the maintenance, you have unlimited mileage, you can turn it in at any time, and they deduct the payment for the car from your earnings.  I have a friend who is doing this.  But Uber is really picky on ratings, and if Mohammed was his usual self with passengers, they could ding him.  And yes, you can ding passengers - maybe he was doing that too much.  Who knows?  My friend who drives for Uber has excellent ratings, and he tries not to ding passengers unless they try to rip him off, are nasty (he's gay, and he had a homophobe one night who was just out and out nasty - he reported him to Uber before he even dropped the guy off), or are trying to do something unsafe (a woman who wanted him to pick up 2 passengers, but when he got there, it was two adults and 3 kids - no car seats, and would not all fit in his car - he refused and they said they'd "ruin him" for letting them sit).

Edited by funky-rat
Continuity
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why do they have a joint account? She doesn't seem to have much money and neither does he, they don't get along very well, so why would either of them trust enough to still have a joint account?  

You have to for immigration in order to get a green card. They interview the couple and ask the couple for all bank statements, cc statements, etc to make sure you are together. You have to put pretty much everything in both your names otherwise you will get questioned on why not and it can delay getting the greencard.  And you get "fired" from Uber if you are selective about who/where you pick up. Like, you can't only accept jobs from a particular neighborhood and decline everything that's near a bar. There are a lot of ways to get fired, and there are a lot of rules. You have to pretty much give rides to anyone and I see Mo only wanting to pick up acceptable mates who are heading to their mansions. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7
(edited)

A friend of a friend story here.  Going for a green card.  They were put in seperate rooms and asked questions.  What brand of shampoo does she use, who makes the coffee in the morning, does he shave with a razor or electric,  what food does he hate, what is her favorite food....and on it went.  They were legit but still missed some questions yet passed muster.  I never heard of these couples going through this.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

A friend of a friend story here.  Going for a green card.  They were put in seperate rooms and asked questions.  What brand of shampoo does she use, who makes the coffee in the morning, does he shave with a razor or electric,  what food does he hate, what is her favorite food....and on it went.  They were legit but still missed some questions yet passed muster.  I never heard of these couples going through this.  

The cameras are not allowed in thus it is not a plot that can be broadcast.  TLC has settled for the immigration attorney talking to Mohammed.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

You have to for immigration in order to get a green card. They interview the couple and ask the couple for all bank statements, cc statements, etc to make sure you are together. You have to put pretty much everything in both your names otherwise you will get questioned on why not and it can delay getting the greencard.  And you get "fired" from Uber if you are selective about who/where you pick up. Like, you can't only accept jobs from a particular neighborhood and decline everything that's near a bar. There are a lot of ways to get fired, and there are a lot of rules. You have to pretty much give rides to anyone and I see Mo only wanting to pick up acceptable mates who are heading to their mansions. 

But once she filed for divorce wouldn't it be taking a risk?

15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

^Only she was putting money in it. I'm sure she has her own bank account at this point.

Oh, Thanks. I doubted he was contributing to it, so I wondered if it was just a basically empty account.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Drogo said:

One would imagine immigration would be unhappy seeing $0 in your shared bank account.

At the point he had to share his finances with immigration that bank account must have shown a balance of what they required. 

Edited by wings707
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

One would imagine immigration would be unhappy seeing $0 in your shared bank account.

At the interview, sure. But after the interview you can do whatever you want. They are way past the interview at the point that they showed on the show. 

• Love 1

I have seen (umpteen times) the promo where Danielle is super frustrated, saying "I HATE MOHAMMED SO MUCH!!!"  and I always think:  Gee that is A LOT  emotion for someone you allegedly just want gone.  When I was divorcing my ex (VERY different circumstances, I get it!) I never hated him, I just wanted him gone, like moving to Greenland gone.  But darn, he stayed around!!  LOL!    Danielle, just divorce him, annul it....whatever.....just get him out and move on.  Let INS take care of it.  Stay off dating websites unless you find one that is "FrumpyWoman.com" or something.  Man.....she is the queen of frump.  

• Love 5

But then she'd lose her ticket to reality TV paychecks... maybe she'll find a new foreign boy-toy. I doubt she'll learn from this experience, especially because she is rewarded by being allowed to continue to play off it to the point of absurdity.

• Love 2

I will admit that I felt kind of sorry for Danielle in the very beginning. I viewed her as someone who genuinely fell in love with a guy and then got chewed up and spit out by him. Now? Now I think she is absolutely insane and should stop trying to land a man. She needs to focus on bettering herself and providing a better life for her children. She won't accomplish either of those things chasing men online. She comes across as someone who is scared of being on her own and requires a man in order to be fulfilled. That's not healthy and she will NEVER find a real relationship if she is expecting someone else to give her what she needs. Only SHE can do that. She has to make peace with who she is while she's single and not try to gain identity through some guy.

• Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 1:45 AM, wings707 said:

I am married to a foreigner*. He came over on a K-1 visa to marry me. You're right about the interview process, but it wasn't for the green card-it was for the lifting of restrictions, which happens around 2 years after getting the green card. The green card interview was one we did together. With our son sitting on our laps. :-)

*So that you all don't think I am anything like THESE people...My husband and I have been married for a decade. He is British and we met in graduate school in the UK. We lived together for several years and dated and then had a baby. We decided to move to the US, rather than staying there, because I missed my family and my home. Cost of living is lower where I am from as well so our money went further. He came over on the fiance visa, rather than us marrying there and him coming on a spousal visa, because it was cheaper and took less time to get. That is generally how these things work: you meet someone, spend time with them, date them for awhile, decide to get married, and THEN apply for the visa. You don't apply for the visa and then hurriedly spend 90 days "getting to know them." When we were going through the process, I spent a ton of time on the Visa Journey website. Everyone I met on that board that were on the same timeline as us had been together for years. This show is picking extreme couples for entertainment purposes. The rest of us would just make boring stories. 

• Love 15

We must give Mo his due! For a high school dropout, he's an exceptionally talented con artist. Remember, he not only conned Danielle, he also conned a number of other people including a lot of women as well as Mr. and Mrs. Walmart Tom (who described him as "our adopted son"). Before he went into hiding from his various Instagram, FB and other sites he had a legion of women worshipping at his smelly feet. 

• Love 5
On 6/17/2017 at 2:56 PM, MrSmith said:

Her sister did. I believe she has two sisters and they both tried. Her son tried. Even her daughters tried to tell her in a round-about way, since they knew how she would react if they were more direct. The handwriting was on every wall; all she had to do was have the will to read it. At the same time, he should have known what he was walking into since she had to borrow money from him and his family.

This seems to be true of most con artist victims, it's very frustrating to witness. A combo of "proving the doubters wrong" and saving (or reclaiming) what they've already invested in their act of folly. Barbara Tuchman wrote a book about it: The March of Folly, interesting read!

• Love 2
On 6/28/2017 at 0:51 PM, realitymaven said:

We must give Mo his due! For a high school dropout, he's an exceptionally talented con artist. Remember, he not only conned Danielle, he also conned a number of other people including a lot of women as well as Mr. and Mrs. Walmart Tom (who described him as "our adopted son"). Before he went into hiding from his various Instagram, FB and other sites he had a legion of women worshipping at his smelly feet. 

I can imagine that between litter boxes, her smelly crotch, and his cheesy feet, their house smelled like a biohazard.

• Love 5

All Danielle needs for proof is copies of episodes of this show. Same goes for Jorge.

Just watching 5 minutes would have them revoking Visas  AND banning both Jorge and Danielle for ever applying to bring someone over again. 

• Love 2
On 7/4/2017 at 8:35 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can imagine that between litter boxes, her smelly crotch, and his cheesy feet, their house was smelled like a biohazard.

That's better. Probably more accurate, too. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

That's better. Probably more accurate, too. LOL

Thanks. I was feeling pretty crappy when I typed that.  Can only imagine how sickening the stench must have been there.  Wash your feet, wash your ass, and your cats deserve a clean litter box.

• Love 2

@Arwen Evenstar Yeah, I don't want to try to imagine it. We rented a house once where the previous tenants had cats. We later learned they never cleaned the boxes and that the cats simply went wherever. It was nice to finally understand why, whenever it rained, all you could smell was cat urine. We survived the year there and moved immediately after that.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

@Arwen Evenstar Yeah, I don't want to try to imagine it. We rented a house once where the previous tenants had cats. We later learned they never cleaned the boxes and that the cats simply went wherever. It was nice to finally understand why, whenever it rained, all you could smell was cat urine. We survived the year there and moved immediately after that.

Trust me, you don't clean their box to their standards, they WILL go elsewhere.  Or when they're sick.  2 of our 4 cats have dementia and health issues, frequent UTIs being one of their problems.  You've got to be vigilant.  

Its a safe bet that Danielle is not.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Trust me, you don't clean their box to their standards, they WILL go elsewhere.  Or when they're sick.  2 of our 4 cats have dementia and health issues, frequent UTIs being one of their problems.  You've got to be vigilant.  

Its a safe bet that Danielle is not.  

True dat.  I had an elderly cat that had surgery and couldn't use the box.  I ended up lining an entire bathroom in multiple layers of giant trash bags and pouring litter on that.  It made it easier for both of us.  You gotta be vigilant!  I have one big boy who if it is not up to his standards he comes and tells ya.  Its up to you whether or not you listen.  And you better!

I feel badly about this but I have a feeling everything around Danielle and her house has a smell...

• Love 3

Heard she had four cats and a rabbit.  Rabbit cages get very smelly very quickly.  Then, there's MO's cheesy feet and a sweaty, incontinent, pre menopausal woman on top of that.  

For all the whingeing Mohamed does about people not respecting him, does he not realize it's a two way street? He humiliated her on national tv regarding a very personal problem. That just went beyond the pale for me.

He had something to say about Luisa having hygiene issues as well.  Maybe he just doesn't like lady bits, but as my gyno maintains: a vagina should smell like a vagina, natural and clean, not roses, so who knows what the hell he's expecting?  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/6/2017 at 0:26 PM, MrSmith said:

Christ on the cross.  We rented  a house about 10 yrs. ago where the previous tenants had cats that urinated everywhere (i.e. -the linoleum floor in the kitchen, parts of the living room, and very weird - oddly enough, something to do with the ceiling area of the finished basement).  According to the other tenant, the cats used to roam and crawl around in the basement ceiling??

Whatever shit the landlord did to temporarily mask the smell of urine duped us in the beginning (maybe it was because hubby and me were not cat people?) but damn.  Every spring (when things started to get hot and slightly humid) I'd be smelling straight up cat piss.

When summer approached, every time I turned on the central air, surprise!! it smelled like straight up piped in, STRONG cat urine.  It was so strong I wanted to gag and it gave me a headache.  No bueno.  I bitched, the landlord made excuses and we promptly moved.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3

@beesknees I'm sorry to hear you had a similar experience to the one we had. I'm surprised the people you and your husband work with didn't start complaining about the smell coming in on your clothes. I had people at my work complaining about that. It actually almost cost me my job! I actually had to start keeping my clothes at her parents' house and going there to change before and after work. It was a miserable year.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

No empathy for Mo. Just because he wanted a "better" life does not entitle him to US citizenship.

I'm sure he was ok with the idea that he wasn't living at the Taj Mahal, but he was within his rights to expect electricity.

Mo wouldn't get instant US citizenship, and he had to EARN it. He has to hold his green card for 5 years before he could even apply.  Then he has to wait his turn for an interview based on backlog and pass the citizenship test before he can be sworn in. Waiting his turn could take at least a couple of years based on backlog.  And, he has to stay out of trouble...he's at least 7years away from getting citizenship.

• Love 5

Mo sure does not hesitate to call the police. Strange he is so comfortable calling the authorities for such trivial crap. He hasn't been in this country very long - wonder if they call the police for such matters in his home country. Very odd. Curious if there isn't a puppet master behind the puppet encouraging him to make those calls.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

No empathy for Mo. Just because he wanted a "better" life does not entitle him to US citizenship.

I agree, in the beginning he kept claiming "he left everything" nobody made him stay at that point. 

Its true that just because he came to America that he should live in substandard conditions, because Danielle mislead him... but that's still on him, he stayed even once it was clear things weren't what they seemed.

At the end of the day they used each other, he used Danielle for a green card, and she used him as a companion/boy toy. 

(edited)
On 6/14/2017 at 5:48 PM, wings707 said:

I didn't pick up on this during their season or on the re watch.  Production gave her his Miami address, clearly.  Might as well milk some more golden footage. I didn't believe he called her to help because he ran out of gas either.  Oh please, he would have called his male friend.  That was a set up, probably to give her a small chance to show some strength.   She is such a sad story.  

I am looking forward to see what she is doing now, her kids, too.  Just morbid curiosity.  Of her 3 girls one of them is barely shown from on the recent show, anyway.  Is she mentally challenged?  I mean beyond just low IQ.  Her other kids, especially the son appeared to be normal.  One daughter looks to be either a lesbian or trans.  

I watched the original show long after it finished so these details have probably been discussed and I missed them.  

Maybe one of her girls is mentally challenged, but the one who seems the most mentally deficient is Danielle.  The job she had working with disabled people let her go and, when prodded by Mo for a reason, she says she was not doing the job properly [paraphrased by me].  I have a hunch Danielle never works at any job very long and maybe collects some sort of disability check.  Not sure how it works, but is it possible to collect disability and work at the same time?  In the latter instance I'd expect the job to be in the non-skilled or minimum-wage sort category.   When all is said and done, Danielle does appear to possess low intelligence, which would explain her terrible lack of judgment, etc.  Her sister in one scene described Danielle as, "vulnerable," which summarizes Danielle's position quite well, I think.  She is an easy target, for sure.

With respect to Mohamed, I wish he would have stopped saying, "She lied to me," as his excuse for leaving; he should have reinforced that claim with specific examples.  As it stood, what he offered in way of explanation sounded too general, contrived and out of the acrimonious divorce pages.  I'm sure it was culture shock to come to the U.S. expecting to see material abundance and, instead, come face to face with mediocrity, which puts it mildly.  I think Mohamed came from a better financial situation than Danielle which isn't saying much, but I do not think he came from poverty and also possesses some sort of marketable skill in IT, if I read a post upthread correctly.  

On another note, it was striking to see his personality switch from  "Mohamed betrothed" to "Mohammed demands divorce."  Upon arriving to the U.S. he managed to (just barely) conceal his true intentions, but by the time he escaped Danielle's tiny hell house his Machiavellian face had emerged in full view.   I could see where Danielle's immaturity and whining could irritate the most patient person, but Mohammed at this point had lost the ability to maintain even a shred of respect for her.   When he went outside to ask her if she was okay to drive home, the tone of his voice said it all, right down to the cautionary, "Be Safe."   If he'd had a weapon I don't doubt he'd consider using it on her. 

Finally, I can see the reason for including the "divorce versus annulment" chapter.  Without it the story would have lacked resolution.   Still, with Danielle's horrendous money problems bearing down on her at all times it seemed inconceivable that she would agree - with hardly a moment's hesitation - to seek an annulment as opposed to a divorce.  I say this because the attorney had informed Danielle right off the bat that an annulment would entail more money than would a simple divorce.  So, for the sake of a story, I'm guessing the show's producers offered to cover the cost of an annulment if this is the route Danielle chose to take?   

Speaking of money, did anyone else wonder who was footing the bills each time Danielle's utilities were turned off and needed to be turned back on again?  I'm willing to bet Danielle turned to her sisters and even to her son (when employed) each time she found herself in desperate straits. It was probably frustrating enough to have to give money to just Danielle, but knowing that Mohamed would now be claiming part of it may have pushed them all to their limits.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 5
On 7/9/2017 at 0:53 PM, itsadryheat said:

Mo sure does not hesitate to call the police. Strange he is so comfortable calling the authorities for such trivial crap. He hasn't been in this country very long - wonder if they call the police for such matters in his home country. Very odd. Curious if there isn't a puppet master behind the puppet encouraging him to make those calls.

It's straight out of the Tunisia love rat playbook and I have no doubt it was his plan before ever arriving in the US. It was also his plan to choose a gullible, low intelligence woman of meager means who is easily lured into drama because it gives the police reports the sense of legitimacy. Mo knows that building a file of evidence that his marriage was intolerable makes it more likely that he will be permitted to stay in the country even if they divorce. 

• Love 12

I hate how Danielle is towards her daughters. Like all the other couples are infuriating in their own ways but at least it's just adults being affected, Danielle has turned her minor daughters' lives inside out upside down for nearly 5 years now behind Mohamed now, and I'm sure he wasn't the first and he certainly isn't the last. Just makes me sick 

• Love 8