Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, beagletime said:

That's the kind of funny picture you used to keep private to laugh at between yourselves.  Everything does not belong on social media.  I'm also addressing that to friends and family who post about every little thing several times a day.  Jill is right in line with a lot of people on social media.  Nothing is private. 

I have a cousin like that. Her big thing is lamenting her child's toilet training woes. Her poor son is going to need a decade of therapy once he's old enough realize every diaper blowout and bedwetting story has been posted on Facebook for the entire world to see. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I put my cinnamon sugar in a salt shaker and sprinkle it on the toast.  Works well and I use a lot less- get the taste with fewer calories!

BRILLIANT!  I am not snarking either.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, beagletime said:

That's the kind of funny picture you used to keep private to laugh at between yourselves.  Everything does not belong on social media.  I'm also addressing that to friends and family who post about every little thing several times a day.  Jill is right in line with a lot of people on social media.  Nothing is private. 

Preach. I think Jessa has learned that everything doesn't belong on SM. I wonder if Jill ever will, or if she takes all criticism like her headship does: they are being attacked for being Christian, not because they could ever possibly be wrong, or mistaken about anything, or sharing anything inappropriately. I think the Dullards would just LOVE to be Martyrs for the Godly Cause of Jesus. Or something.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Between the forehead wrinkles and the bad skin, that close-up was terrifying. And the olive sticking halfway out of her mouth as she mugged for the camera? How old is she, twelve?

She should have used black olives and put them on each finger, like I've seen grade school kids doing.

Again with the goofy face and wrinkles.  Ugh.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

She should have used black olives and put them on each finger, like I've seen grade school kids doing.

She missed a great opportunity to stuff an olive up each nostril too.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

Upstairs in the boys' dorm, where the stench just blends in. 

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I made a few changes to your recipe so Jill would be able to understand it. 

You guys are on fire this morning!  Love it.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

WTF? I need to wake my husband up and force him to take anniversary pictures since today is indeed our anniversary! We fail at being like Derick and Jill. You guys better prey for us! We could use all the prayers we can get since we had a truly horrible day of one bad thing after another.

Happy anniversary!!!!  You are totally doing it wrong.  Tomorrow you must have pics of a car picnic or, well, I don't know what!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Right. I guess you could try a knife or a fork to make eating the cereal more interesting.

I eat my peas with honey,

I've done it all my life.

It makes my peas taste funny,

but it keeps them on my knife! :D

• Love 22

Those forehead wrinkles are SEVERE!  I just want to chase her down and inject a few vials of Botox into her wrinkles. (A plus is that she would ‘t  be able to make stupid faces if her face was paralyzed with Botox...) I 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

None of her meals appeal to me and I don't serve any like that, but I will say that Mr. lookeyloo would be perfectly happy with a plate full of meat and nothing else.  He doesn't get that option with me at the stove (or Instant Pot).

Does he get the meat sweats???  HA!

10 minutes ago, Normades said:

Yes, but did you also have to walk another 5 miles uphill back??  :)

Yes we did!  I may have seen you on this jaunt!  

9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Um, there may be some nearly 50 years old adults that do this as well.  Not that I personally know them or anything :)

• Love 12

No green olive eater here.  Black olives on pizza are OK.  

My dear mother-in-law was a fan of Vodka Dirty Martinis.  She wanted me to try one, and I just couldn't.

LOL at the Walmart letter mockup!  Jill is NOT making green olives look good.

In Jill's "Husband cooked steak is better than eating wedding cake at my brother's wedding" photo a couple of questions...

Is growing extra thin stringy hair a "thing?".

Showing her crotchy area in IG photos is now exempt from the rules of modesty....?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did Jill and Derelict not attend the wedding?

The hike/picnic was last Thursday or Friday (the actual anniversary was Thursday). 

Jill has two brain cells left, and it appears they are fighting each other. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Did Jill and Derelict not attend the wedding?

Positives:

1. Sammy is cute.

2. No "Yaaaaays!"

Edited by Sew Sumi
Can't get rid of the quote box
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, LilJen said:

Oh geez. Sorry Canada. I already had to apologize to my Finnish friend for the upcoming summit.

It could be that Israel, rather than conveying "This is an enjoyable meal" with his expression, is trying to convey, "Aren't you just the most miserable sinner ever? You need to repent and come to Jesus!" You know, as part of Dillard Family Ministries.

I thought his expression was saying ‘Toast burned black makes me sad.’

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Why are they (especially Jill) so obsessed with food?

Jill was the one who used to eat in the bathroom at the TTH, right? Perhaps she never got enough to eat as a child, what with the flock of howlers, and she is still compensating?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, cdp73 said:

Based on these photos (and previous ones), I'd swear Jill has an oral fixation.

I was just going to say something similar.  Hey youse 2!  We do not want to be part of your foreplay!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

c3eb9a06-8043-4540-9791-d18298eba36d.jpg.e956cc831acaf93d3bf21914b9f2f0bc.jpg

You guys forgot to post this one 

WTF???

And in the car again?! They are on their anniversary date without kids, so why are they eating in the car? Could it be that they don’t want to be approached in public? “Give me clicks but don’t talk to me!”

• Love 16
(edited)

That's right, Jilly...keep eating your feelings of disappointment and frustration of having a under employed, lazy, put upon and seething self righteous husband.

Vlogging yourself eating with faux glee more food will not change the fact that you have no ability for gainful employment of your own.

How about competitive eating for a living?

Please stop, you are embarrassing...even for a Dugg.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I am way older than @Triple P, and I have never seen the shakers. I always sprinkled sugar on my buttered toast with a spoon and then shook a little cinnamon from the can (just like my mother did). It never occurred to me to premix. What a great idea.

We always buttered the bread, added sugar, sprinkled cinnamon over that and then put it in the oven on broil. Of course we didn't have a recipe to follow.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her teefs were super janked up before she got braces. Almost as bad as a Rodrigues kid. 

Her front teeth are still "out," kinda like Joy's are, despite having had braces. I suspect they didn't have them on long enough, or didn't wear their retainers. I don't know what they started with, but the end product is probably still better even though not as good as it could be (speaking from experience).

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I eat my peas with honey,

I've done it all my life.

It makes my peas taste funny,

but it keeps them on my knife! :D

Believe it or not, I was thinking of posting this ditty as well! Only difference is that in the version I know, the third line is, "They do taste kind of funny".

'

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2

I don't remember the first time I heard it, but it's been a few years.

Interesting, the stuff we remember.  So why then, doesn't Jill just smile nicely in photos they post?  Does she never read the comments, and do none of her followers, tell her the truth about her wrinkled forehead, open fly trap, poses?

• Love 1

Am I missing something with eating ice cream in the car being weird? I do that with my friends - driving somewhere on a hot day, we notice a Maccas, go through the drivethrough to grab some ice creams, eat them in the car while we keep driving to wherever we were headed...I've never thought there was anything strange about it.

• Love 15
Just now, kalamac said:

Am I missing something with eating ice cream in the car being weird? I do that with my friends - driving somewhere on a hot day, we notice a Maccas, go through the drivethrough to grab some ice creams, eat them in the car while we keep driving to wherever we were headed...I've never thought there was anything strange about it.

The strange thing is that Jill posts frequently about what a wonderful hubby she has because he took her out to dinner and then she posts pics of them eating pizza in the car.  Or, he took her on a ‘picnic’ for their anniversary and she posts a photo of said ‘picnic’ set up in the car.  Seems like every ‘date’ they have involves eating in the car.

• Love 15
On 7/2/2018 at 7:44 PM, beagletime said:

Cinnamon sugar.  Already prepared and ready to sprinkle on toast.  My mother wouldn't buy them.  She made her own and stored it in a Tupperware shaker.  I could eat a whole loaf of cinnamon toast.  Good stuff especially on cold mornings with a cup of cocoa.

My grandma used to make her own as well. Always a great treat when we visited her. Hardly an original “recipe” Jill.

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, SMama said:

Where are the Duggars keeping their cows?

Probably in the boy's dorm, nobody would notice the smell there.

Darnit, this is what I get for working and not reading here, someone else thought of this earlier. .

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

No, my family and I ate a lot of ice cream in the car growing up.  Of course it helped that we lived only a couple of miles from one of those open-in-summer roadside stands... generally because when it’s deemed hot enough for outside ice cream it’s often because it was also deemed too hot to eat it outside.

• Love 2