Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

This sounds terrible but perhaps a return to Danger America after the second baby will be good for them. Hold off the stoning for a sec. Jessa is smugly talking about a litter of kids. Easy to say and attempt with all the help she gets. Same goes for Anna. A good dose of real life parenthood without sister moms, no date nights, having to wake up and feed/change your own child, will break them both. Jilly will have a laundry room moment, and hopefully Derick will snap back to reality. He can then retrieve his spine, and testicles from Jill's underwear drawer. Time to grow up, be a true headship, and practice birth control. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The real crying was that the TV show was cancelled along with their paychecks and family appearances.  What they never seem to understand is that they never would have had a TV show in the first place if TLC had known this was going on in the family.  

I've wondered about this from the start, and I just can't let go of the idea that TLC knew, that JB was at least semi-upfront with them about it all. If not from the very beginning during the specials, then definitely by the time they became a series. IIRC the police interviews and court appearances were happening at the same time that the Duggars graduated from specials to their own show. I find it hard to believe that TLC was oblivious to that, and if they did know, it would explain why they dragged their feet on cancelling 19KAC, and why Counting On was started so soon afterwards. I'm veering into conspiracy theory territory, but I can well imagine that JB threatened to let the world know that TLC gave them a show with full knowledge of what was going on, which is why TLC didn't cancel until Ashley Madison forced their hand, likely with the promise to JB that they would be back on air soon.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

. . . which is why TLC didn't cancel until Ashley Madison forced their hand, likely with the promise to JB that they would be back on air soon.

TLC cancelled the show on July 16, 2015.  The Ashley Madison scandal was revealed on August 19.

4 minutes ago, Mollie said:

TLC cancelled the show on July 16, 2015.  The Ashley Madison scandal was revealed on August 19.

Ah, my mistake. But the cancellation didn't happen until two months after the first scandal broke. Considering how quickly TLC pulled the plug on honey boo boo, the delay is pretty telling, and I don't think it was just a ratings issue. 

• Love 4

I think the biggest differences were the Mama June scandal was current and quite possibly ongoing and all the actions were committed by adults.  Josh's issue was years old and he was also still legally a child during his offenses.  TLC seemed to think the fuss might die down with time since it was so old.

• Love 2

I have to admit, at first, I really thought Derick and Jill had a chance.  They were both a little older when they got married (Derick was 26, I think,  and Jill was around 22-23, so not terribly young to marry) and Derick had a normal job. Also, as soon as they got married they went to Danger America, and I thought, "Hey, good for them for distancing themselves from the Dugger cult"   

But now I wonder, like someone upthread mentioned, did Derick dupe everyone by being on his best behavior while "courting" (gah, I hate that word!) so he could get in on the cash cow and now we're seeing the REAL douchey Derick OR did he, like I believe Ben did, have a crush on a girl, got caught up in the moment with the whole marriage thing and now 2 years into it he totally regrets the fact that he married someone who was essentially a stranger and he's just completely miserable?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Ah, my mistake. But the cancellation didn't happen until two months after the first scandal broke. Considering how quickly TLC pulled the plug on honey boo boo, the delay is pretty telling, and I don't think it was just a ratings issue. 

InTouch published the first report of Josh's abuse on May 19, 2015.  The last new episode of 19 Kids and Counting, the season's finale, aired on May 19.  On May 22, TLC pulled all reruns of the Duggar show as advertisers were canceling en masse.  On May 28, Hulu pulled the show from its site.  The Kelly File interview was on June 3 and June 5.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mollie said:

InTouch published the first report of Josh's abuse on May 19, 2015.  The last new episode of 19 Kids and Counting, the season's finale, aired on May 19.  On May 22, TLC pulled all reruns of the Duggar show as advertisers were canceling en masse.  On May 28, Hulu pulled the show from its site.  The Kelly File interview was on June 3 and June 5.

TLC didn't actually cancel the show until July. They pulled reruns only after the huge backlash over airing a 19KaC marathon immediately after the scandal broke. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Slight correction: In Touch broke on Thursday 5/21. We were on vacation, at Starbucks on our way home when I read an about it on my phone. So, two days after the last episode aired. TLC pulled repeats (they had just aired the season finale) on Friday 5/22. Remember, TLC aired repeats on weekday mornings before that plug was pulled. 

Horrible that Meredith shares her birthday with the official cancellation date, which explains why her birth wasn't announced until a few days later. 

I wonder how accurate the rumor is that Anna will no longer appear on the show. Will they flash light her out of Joy's wedding party like they did with Smuggar when JinJer departed from their reception? Or will Anna be excluded from the wedding party? She wasn't in Jessa's wedding, so there is precedent.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

The real crying was that the TV show was cancelled along with their paychecks and family appearances.  What they never seem to understand is that they never would have had a TV show in the first place if TLC had known this was going on in the family.  They got that show because they lied and covered-up.  The justified outrage by the media and the public was because the Duggars were frauds, portraying Gothard's 'Christian' lifestyle of sexual purity, modest clothing, and a 'Christian' patriarchy where men rule women and requires younger children to obey the older ones.  The public and the media felt defrauded by the Duggars, especially by Jim Bob and Michelle.

This is the public image of the family at the time the molestations were going on and when TLC spotted them and contracted their first TV special.  They were on their way to the voting booth to try to get Jim Bob elected as a Senator, spending his own $250,000 on a failed campaign, while cramming all those kids into two small bedrooms. (Notice how much bigger Josh is than his sisters.  You can barely see the 5-year-old girl who is standing behind a brother.)

0 0 1 family.jpg

I've always wondered who the non-Duggar girl is- the second girl behind Meechelle.

• Love 2

Well, no one talked about it until the police report dropped on the 21st. At least that I remember. I don't know how it escaped notice for two days.

But back to the Dullards. Apologies to the mods; I didn't realize what thread I was posting on until this post. ?

10 minutes ago, Summer said:

I have to admit, at first, I really thought Derick and Jill had a chance.  They were both a little older when they got married (Derick was 26, I think,  and Jill was around 22-23, so not terribly young to marry) and Derick had a normal job. Also, as soon as they got married they went to Danger America, and I thought, "Hey, good for them for distancing themselves from the Dugger cult"   

But now I wonder, like someone upthread mentioned, did Derick dupe everyone by being on his best behavior while "courting" (gah, I hate that word!) so he could get in on the cash cow and now we're seeing the REAL douchey Derick OR did he, like I believe Ben did, have a crush on a girl, got caught up in the moment with the whole marriage thing and now 2 years into it he totally regrets the fact that he married someone who was essentially a stranger and he's just completely miserable?

I did, too. I think, though, now that several of these "courtships" have passed that it was just natural optimism -- hoping that one of these young men (or their families) might provide some outside perspective or give a latent personality some air and light to bloom.

Personally, I don't think Derick was some clever Machiavellian young man who had planned to get rich off the Duggar gravy train. I think he was a shy, awkward young man who genuinely thought he had met his match in a sweet, fawning young woman who shared his desire to become a missionary -- reality has hit him like a ton of bricks.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I've wondered about this from the start, and I just can't let go of the idea that TLC knew, that JB was at least semi-upfront with them about it all. If not from the very beginning during the specials, then definitely by the time they became a series. IIRC the police interviews and court appearances were happening at the same time that the Duggars graduated from specials to their own show. I find it hard to believe that TLC was oblivious to that, and if they did know, it would explain why they dragged their feet on cancelling 19KAC, and why Counting On was started so soon afterwards. I'm veering into conspiracy theory territory, but I can well imagine that JB threatened to let the world know that TLC gave them a show with full knowledge of what was going on, which is why TLC didn't cancel until Ashley Madison forced their hand, likely with the promise to JB that they would be back on air soon.

I have thought this for some time.  I believe TLC knew something of the molestations and went ahead with the series. JB used this to negotiate the family's continued tv presence. 

As noted below, the Ashley Madison scandal didn't figure into it, but if it came out that TLC had known all along, the fallout would have been devastating. Touching little children, indeed. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SMama said:

This sounds terrible but perhaps a return to Danger America after the second baby will be good for them. Hold off the stoning for a sec. Jessa is smugly talking about a litter of kids. Easy to say and attempt with all the help she gets. Same goes for Anna. A good dose of real life parenthood without sister moms, no date nights, having to wake up and feed/change your own child, will break them both. Jilly will have a laundry room moment, and hopefully Derick will snap back to reality. He can then retrieve his spine, and testicles from Jill's underwear drawer. Time to grow up, be a true headship, and practice birth control. 

Jill can avoid future pregnancies by using medical thingies to take care of his testicles, before Derick gets them back.

• Love 7

Jill is planning a home birth VBAC with a second (possibly very large) baby. She had complications the first time, and may well with the second. It's not beyond the realm of possiblity that she will create for herself a situation where she can no longer have children. Normally, I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone, but I don't think it would be the worst outcome in the world if she didn't have any more babies . . . 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'd like to think Jill isn't so far gone as to attempt an unassisted home VBAC, but that would match the madness of her first birth. 

I think she will, and that there's a fair chance she will kill herself doing it.  I hope to god I'm wrong.  I don't like her, but she doesn't deserve to die.

• Love 9
(edited)

Not a doubt in my mind that she will attempt a VBAC at home for this baby.   I will say that I'm a little nervous for her as to how that will turn out.  She isn't smart enough to get herself to a hospital quickly enough.  She was SO extremely lucky last time, and you just can't count on that.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 6

What kind of insurance do these fools have? I know Obamacare now "requires" everyone to carry some insurance or pay a penalty -- but the plans that provide actual services aren't all that cheap; what do you want to bet that these guys opted for some plan for a few $ a month which doesn't cover extensive care like maternity and is really meant for young people who go to the doctor once in 4 yrs.

Point is - Jilly Muffin had the benefit of Walmart corporate benefits last time - the type that would have allowed a c section at a hospital and a 3-4 day hospital stay even if it wasn't an emergency situation bc Derick hadn't taken on the grifting lifestyle yet. And still she chose to birth at home for days until it was an emergency situation. So now with minimal health insurance, there's an even higher chance that she and her headship decide that the Lord is leading them to a home birth . . . . Frankly if cost is an issue, I think it may still be safer to birth at a big city hospital in central America; they could afford to pay cash in U.S. dollars and every country has hospitals that cater to the upper crust in that country -- with actual MDs who've seen complicated cases etc. I imagine the central American countries are no different (esp. in the capital cities or where ex-pats live -- not in the rural villages where they're hanging out).

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'd like to think Jill isn't so far gone as to attempt an unassisted home VBAC, but that would match the madness of her first birth. 

I'm sure she also is figuring that since Jessa had her second one at home without problems she will be equally blessed with her second delivery. 

Edited by AUgirl
My auto-correct doesn't like "Jessa"
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, cereality said:

What kind of insurance do these fools have? I know Obamacare now "requires" everyone to carry some insurance or pay a penalty -- but the plans that provide actual services aren't all that cheap; what do you want to bet that these guys opted for some plan for a few $ a month which doesn't cover extensive care like maternity and is really meant for young people who go to the doctor once in 4 yrs.

Point is - Jilly Muffin had the benefit of Walmart corporate benefits last time - the type that would have allowed a c section at a hospital and a 3-4 day hospital stay even if it wasn't an emergency situation bc Derick hadn't taken on the grifting lifestyle yet. And still she chose to birth at home for days until it was an emergency situation. So now with minimal health insurance, there's an even higher chance that she and her headship decide that the Lord is leading them to a home birth . . . . Frankly if cost is an issue, I think it may still be safer to birth at a big city hospital in central America; they could afford to pay cash in U.S. dollars and every country has hospitals that cater to the upper crust in that country -- with actual MDs who've seen complicated cases etc. I imagine the central American countries are no different (esp. in the capital cities or where ex-pats live -- not in the rural villages where they're hanging out).

Although I do believe the push toward home births was actually started as a holier than thou way for people who had 20 kids, little income, no insurance, and refusal of medicaid/care to 'save face', I don't think Jill understands that. She really buys into the whole 'hospitals are all evil, and we do things a little differently, Duggars are SPECIAL' brainwashing. So, no matter if Jill had the very best health insurance that covered everything 100%, or if she can't afford a bandaid, she's going to go with the home birth. Who cares if she had some difficulties before? Who cares if its safer to use someone who has some real medical training, whether she gives birth at home or in a maternity ward. I'm all for actual educated and trained Certified Nurse Midwives with advanced degrees and experience.

However, Jill is a Dumb Ass. Nothing she does is logical or factual, but she always thinks whatever scatterbrained thing she's decided to semi-"study" for a minute is legit. She's a know it all, but more significantly, she's a Dumb Ass. The Queen of Dumb Assery. Jill Dumb Ass Duggar Dillard. 

BTW - if it were an emergency situation, wouldn't matter what kind of insurance they do or don't have. If she comes into the ER, they're going to have to take her unless there are extreme circumstances that they can't provide care, then they have to find a facility that can provide it. Baby born in a hospital, like Precious Miracle Josie, is covered under Medicare until she goes home, no matter what insurance parents have or don't have. 

• Love 6

I just don't get this kind of thinking at all. Having children is a blessing, but putting yourself in harm's way is just fine? You aren't a better person if you endanger both yourself and your unborn child you moron!

Jill is beyond stupid. She is Meeeeechelle's clone in every way, sadly. Checked out and doesn't want to check in again. And Derick? WHAT on earth is wrong with you??

• Love 5

Well. Jill did make sure she was sewn up properly by the doctor last time, so its all good. 20 VBACs no problem. Not like those other women who get second rate surgery. You gotta ask the doctor to do their best, or you don't get it!

I feel for Jill's nurses. The patient education part of their jobs was likely impossible.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I feel for Jill's nurses. The patient education part of their jobs was likely impossible.

So True.  They probably look at Jill's alleged medical knowledge and want to smack her until their hands fall off.  

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, louannems said:

I've always wondered who the non-Duggar girl is- the second girl behind Meechelle.

There are two non-Duggar girls in that group, when you look at all the pictures from that parade. I've asked about it in several places, several times. But they remain a mystery, apparently. What is clear, I suppose, is that even the number of sister-moms she produced weren't enough for Meee-chelle. She was too busy holding Daddy's hand and dressing like a four-year-old to look after the millions of her children who are trailing behind her completely out of her sight.

The main thing I wonder is -- Who let their daughters get dressed up in those incredibly creepy Handmaid's Tale outfits to parade in what has to be one of the sickest spectacles I've ever seen? Has to be someone seduced with Jizm Boob's political fame, I suppose. But geez, he was an Arkansas state legislator. Big friggin whoop. And obviously a sicko one to dress his family like that and behave the way he did.

Sickening picture with its extra girls does remind me that I am thrilled, though, that Jessa and Jill are starting out with boys. Hopefully the lack of sister moms will stop the baby train in those households at some point. I can't imagine either of them managing any better than Meee-chelle without a horde of live-in nannies and housekeepers.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Jill & Derick really believe that children are blessings they'd deliver in a hospital. Yeesh, put your child's need before your own for one freaking day.

Yeah, but, see, God's at home. So you're better off there with God's blessings. God doesn't go into hospitals, because he doesn't believe in that science stuff.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Baby born in a hospital, like Precious Miracle Josie, is covered under Medicare until she goes home, no matter what insurance parents have or don't have. 

Micro-preemies are covered under MEDICAID because until they leave the hospital they are considered institutionalized so parental income and resources don't count.  To be covered by Medicaid, infants have to have some form of disability. 

Someone else (Doodlebug?) checked and the majority of hospitals in AR don't allow VBACs to be attempted in them.  OF course, should Jill arrive crowning they would deliver the baby.  It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

• Love 6

I'm hoping Jill follows her mom's lead and actually goes to the hospital for this birth.  I don't think the home birth thing was handed down from Mom, because most of Michelles kids were born in the hospital.  Jill is so big, she either has an even larger baby than Izzy, or twins.  Where are these giant babies coming from? None of these parents or grandparents are particularly large.

• Love 2

I'm scared for Jill if she opts to attempt a VBAC for the second child.  As I see it, there are two ways this will play out:

1. Everything is fine.  Best-case scenario.  The baby is healthy and not as large as Jill's belly suggests.  Short labor at home and delivered in the company of family.  Bragging rights for the Dillards/Duggars and speshul snowflake status bestowed on lil'Lazarus.

2. Shit goes wrong.   Uterine rupture, uncontrolled bleeding, you name it.   This could be disastrous for both mommy and baby.

I found these excerpts on the Mayo Clinic website (and I think they would know a thing or two about childbirth):

"Who's eligible for VBAC?

VBAC eligibility depends on many factors. For example:

• Have you had previous vaginal deliveries? A vaginal delivery at least once before or after your prior C-section increases the probability of a successful VBAC.  (Jill has not...only child delivered via C-section after lengthy labor at home, basically unassisted)
  • What prompted the prior C-section? If your prior C-section was done for a reason that isn't present during your current pregnancy — such as the baby's position in your uterus — you might be a good candidate for VBAC. (wasn't Jill's reason failure to progress?)
  • When was your last C-section? The risk of uterine rupture is higher if you attempt VBAC too soon after having a C-section — such as within 18 to 24 months. (Didn't she get pregnant shortly before or shortly after Izzy's second Bday?)
  • Where will you deliver the baby? Plan to deliver at a facility equipped to handle an emergency C-section. A home delivery isn't appropriate for VBAC.
  • How does labor and delivery during VBAC differ from labor and delivery during a routine vaginal birth?  The actual physiology of labor and delivery is the same. However, you and your baby will be closely monitored. Your health care provider will be prepared to do a repeat C-section if needed. (What healthcare provider?  What monitoring?)

I truly hope that all goes well if she attempts a VBAC...but the odds are against it.  And I hope that the baby is healthy in the end.  They got lucky as hell with Izzy...that could've been a tragedy if they didn't wake up and get to the hospital.  

• Love 2

Izzy was either breech or transverse.  I think he was transverse.  Jill called it something like transverse breech.  At any rate it was a baby position thing even though she said he flipped during labor.  We think she and her untrained helpers simply didn't recognize the position.

She'll be barely passed the 24 months by a month or two when the baby gets here so they did pay attention or simply lucked out on that one.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Nearly 10 lb babies don't typically flip during labor, do they?  Most likely, Jill examined herself and couldn't tell tail from head.

Just like her not being able to differentiate between mom and baby's heartbeat when she used her Playskool Medical "Things" to examine Jessa.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Well. Jill did make sure she was sewn up properly by the doctor last time, so its all good.

I think that if I had been that doctor, I'd have sewed her up so well, she'd never have another kid.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, louannems said:

Nearly 10 lb babies don't typically flip during labor, do they?  Most likely, Jill examined herself and couldn't tell tail from head.

I was almost that size and I was breech!  Of course this was over 40 years ago and ultrasound wasn't around to prepare/warn them.  So my mom had an emergency C-section.  But she was already in a hospital to deliver me and wasn't/isn't an ignorant fundie so she knew proper medical care was important.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, but, see, God's at home. So you're better off there with God's blessings. God doesn't go into hospitals, because he doesn't believe in that science stuff.

Then they really need to stop calling 911 when things go wrong at home . . ,

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Then they really need to stop calling 911 when things go wrong at home . . ,

God likes emergency ambulances. It's just hospitals he has a problem with. 

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

God likes emergency ambulances. It's just hospitals he has a problem with. 

LOL  I wonder how the Duggars would handle that every hospital in our area has both a chapel and one of more chaplains? 

• Love 6

Didn't Michelle have a zillion VBACs? I know in my area the pendulum has swung back toward VBACs rather than once a C-section always a C-section. My sister-in-law had 3 VBACs, 19, 17 and 15 years ago, whereas my cousin wasn't even allowed to try only 25 years ago.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Micro-preemies are covered under MEDICAID because until they leave the hospital they are considered institutionalized so parental income and resources don't count.  To be covered by Medicaid, infants have to have some form of disability. 

Someone else (Doodlebug?) checked and the majority of hospitals in AR don't allow VBACs to be attempted in them.  OF course, should Jill arrive crowning they would deliver the baby.  It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Care/caid = you're right, but the baby is covered is the point.

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

LOL  I wonder how the Duggars would handle that every hospital in our area has both a chapel and one of more chaplains? 

They're not the right kind. Heaven forbid they're nuns.

(edited)

Twelve years ago (and nearly five years after the birth of my daughter) I found out I was pregnant with my youngest.  I wanted to attempt a VBAC with this pregnancy as my first was an emergency C and I wanted to try giving birth naturally.  

My doc is pro-VBAC and has an incredible track record of success.  She said that we will monitor the size of the baby and if he is too big, a VBAC is not a safe option due to risk of rupture.  She recommended 8 lbs or less.  

When my son was on target to weigh more than that (and after two sonograms) we had a hard talk about rethinking the VBAC.  I knew a repeat C was safer for me and my son.  

Four months later, my 12 lb baby boy was safely placed in my arms.  Although I wanted to "deliver" my son, I never regretted my decision for a repeat C.  I didn't give in to the women who told me that I "haven't really given birth" if I had a C-section. I knew that my doc knows what's safest for me through 30 years of medical practice.

I can say (based on past practices) that Jill has not had this conversation, nor has she explored her options.  Its not an option for these folks for a woman to willingly have a repeat C.  Because Jesus would want women to suffer needlessly in childbirth.  ? With Jill's track record (and those of her family) she most likely has not had any sort of medical evaluation from a trained physician.  Nor has she arranged for such.  This baby looks to be big.  And in a lot of cases second babies are larger than first babies.  The cavalier way Jill is approaching this pregnancy scares me.  Both for her and the baby.  

I'm truly hoping for a healthy baby and healthy mama when all is said and done.

Edited by Lady Edith
Because I wanted to be more clear
  • Love 23
27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Care/caid = you're right, but the baby is covered is the point.

As I understand it, there's zero chance a newborn would qualify for Medicare. That's reserved for 65+ and those receiving disability checks for a specific about of time.

A newborn would qualify for Medicaid for various reasons, but not virtue of simply being born. S/he would have to be a preemie (like Josie), have a medical condition, or be born to low-income parents. 

So unless Jill and Derek's son has a serious medical condition or they claim to not make any money (maybe a play by JB and a reason why he seemingly gives allowances from the Duggar trust), I don't see the baby being covered by Medicaid. And even if he for some reason is, it could potentially be secondary coverage to any insurance Jill and Derek might have.

Medicaid is not guaranteed just because a baby is in the hospital. If that were the case deliveries would potentially be a lot less expensive.

• Love 3

Regardless of the source, we know that the Dillards won't be paying (Donate, please). Jesus wants them to HAVE the babies, he doesn't care if they can support them, or nurture them, or protect them

• Love 5

Isn't there a limit on the number of c sections you can safely have in a lifetime - something like 4 or 5 max? I don't have kids but I feel like I have a few friends who have 3 kids - all via c sections - they want a 4th but bc they believe in doctors and science they are thinking hard about the risks of a 4th c section. If what was said above is right - that Arkansas hospitals don't let you VBAC generally, then there is NO way Jilly Muffin considers delivering in a hospital, even if she has appropriate insurance. I mean if she shows up at a hospital, given how birth went last time (I imagine they'd have the records), I imagine they don't let her labor for long at all; if that kid doesn't pop out in 2 hrs -- she may be "forced" to have a c section. While she has given birth once and 2nd kids are supposedly delivered quickly, bc she wasn't able to get Iz out the usual way -- who knows if her body has experienced dilation and would "remember" to do that quickly for kid #2. There's a huge chance her body views this as a first birth, takes its sweet time, and doctors freak out and say -- sorry, c section, we aren't going to risk your/baby's health. And then suddenly - BAM - you have a limit on your family size and that's not what God willed. Though I guess that limit only applies if you choose to listen to the doctors and limit yourself to another 2 kids and be done - and we all know how the Duggars feel about secular medical advice. Man - if Derick could convince Jilly that the Lord is telling him - hospital birth and that leads to a c section - that sucker is home free, as he'd likely only end up with 4 kids rather than 8 or 15 or whatever it'll be otherwise.

• Love 2