Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I don't mind having pictures of parents around - mine all live far away, and this way DS can remember what they look like. Agree that pictures of ANYONE in the bathroom is creepy.

When is Jill due?  She is huge already!  I know she got big with Izzy, but this is ridiculous. 

I don't think Jill is unsanitary or unclean, I just think she's never been taught (or seen) how to take care of her face and hair properly.  All the Duggars have huge acne problems, so it has to be some genetic thing, not just food or lack of washing. Though Derrik is showing major acne too.  She needs to agree to have about 6 inches cut off her hair, and a couple of good facials (or even masks or biore pore strips), and she would look so much better.  Her bare feet only bother me when they are wearing sandals in places you shouldn't, winter, hiking, horse back riding. Around the house or yard, I see no problem with it - but then I am apparently one of those view people in the world who don't get squicked out over bare feet.

Derrick looks so much better after the hair cut. The long hair just accentuated his sickly appearance.  When is he going to get those braces off?!?  I had what I'm assuming is the same surgery, and I only had to wear braces for 2 years.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

I don't mind having pictures of parents around - mine all live far away, and this way DS can remember what they look like. Agree that pictures of ANYONE in the bathroom is creepy.

Yeah, I don't mind having pictures of parents around either. But not pictures of parents making out. ...... 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And who who who hangs pictures of any family members in the bathroom? And who who who hangs pictures of family members making out -- anywhere? And in the bathroom? 

My question is who on earth would give a picture like that of themselves to someone else? 

It really is extremely self-absorbed to think anyone would want such a thing, not to mention being weirdly exhibitionistic. But of course this is Michelle and Jim Blob we're talking about so ... I guess we should just be glad they have all their clothes on.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I don't mind having pictures of parents around either. But not pictures of parents making out. ...... 

Agreeded it kind of wierd . Is she using it for a reference of how to kiss 

• Love 3

I can see having family pictures in places you would normally expect to find family pictures, but in a bathroom?! So every time Jill gets out the shower, Boob's leering face is staring at her? It reminds me of places like North Korea or Iran, where the dictator's massive portrait is plastered on every building, billboard and brick wall just so the little people never forget who's really in control. 

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can see having family pictures in places you would normally expect to find family pictures, but in a bathroom?! So every time Jill gets out the shower, Boob's leering face is staring at her? It reminds me of places like North Korea or Iran, where the dictator's massive portrait is plastered on every building, billboard and brick wall just so the little people never forget who's really in control. 

Yeah, exactly...Kim Jong Boob

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I bet Tabatha Coffey would tear the bitch apart for that haircut. 

I miss me some Tabby. Love that hair witch. I wish I could afford her services. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, kalamac said:

Confession: I get my brother to cut my hair, because I'm weirded out by strangers touching my head. (I know it's odd). I don't have layers or anything, it's just a straight cut, just below shoulder length, and he has a steady hand with a pair of scissors, and lets me pay him in chicken schnitzel. So while I consider a lot of what these people do to be totally loopy, I don't find it at all weird when people have family members cut their hair for them. 

That photo though in the bathroom though. I could not have a photo of my father anywhere that I was going to be naked.

I don't think that is weird. Sounds like a good trade, for both of you!

Agree re: pix of parents where they can "watch." As a parent, I would also be a little perplexed and insulted to have my picture in the can. Maybe it really is meant to quell "urges." Bleagh!

• Love 4

If you must have a picture of Michelle & Boob making out displayed in your house, I think the "shit -ster" is the most appropriate of places to hang it.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Jana and Jessa decorate the Not-A-Guest-House-Guest-House? Maybe they hung the picture on purpose?

That's a good point and Gothard likes family pictures and religious based sayings but not other adornment so decorative choices are limited. The thought of Jessa hanging it there is amusing though. Passive aggressive much...

• Love 3

It occurred to me recently that Derick and Jill are completely unsuited for the missionary lifestyle (in ways beyond the obvious). I'm not a member of a church that sponsors missionaries, so feel free to correct me, but I think that there would be certain personality traits that are common to successful missionairies.

1. The person would need to be a strong leader, an extrovert, and at least a little charismatic to inspire people to follow his lead. 

2. The person would have to be completely comfortable in his own skin. He would need to walk among people of different cultures with a level of naturalness and comfort, while still remaining a solid model of his own culture.

3. The person would have to have a high level of passion for his work, and a strong personality -- both to get funding and supplies, and to convince local leaders of the advantages of infrastructure projects like wells and schools.

4. The person would have to have something to offer -- food, money, medical knowlege or supplies -- something beyond Bible tracts.

Derick and Jill tick literally none of the boxes. They are both passive followers and have the charisma of white bread. They are both extremely awkward in social situations, although Derick seems more natural while Jill lacks any adaptibility at all. 'Passion' and 'work' are not words that I would ever associate with those two. And, of course, I doubt that interpretive dance is really of any tangible value to any of the people 'served' by their 'ministry.'

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe it's supposed to get destroyed?  Years of roommates have panic-conditioned me not to want any artwork in the bathroom, because I always think whatever-it-is will get ickily wilted and water-stained due to long hours of pendant humidity.  I also look askance and sketchily at materials like wicker laundry hampers/wastebaskets on the same principle.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

But...but...but....look at them MISSIONARYING!!!!1111 Note that D-Wreck still needs a translator for the five people who showed up. 

Giant White Baby has a bigger crowd around him than Triple D

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Giant White Baby has a bigger crowd around him than Triple D

Lmfao, and you know that was the extent of the crowd, otherwise they would have captured a wider shot to show how many souls Derelict was saving. S.O.S. is a total scam. It's a Fundie AirBnB operating as a non-profit. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfao, and you know that was the extent of the crowd, otherwise they would have captured a wider shot to show how many souls Derelict was saving. S.O.S. is a total scam. It's a Fundie AirBnB operating as a non-profit. 

Its Gothard-affiliated founder is filling his pockets to the max, though. So it's all good. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Here:

Young-Jim-Bob-Duggar-Young-Michelle-Dugg

Yep.  Boob was all "Look!  It's the hot cheerleader I was telling you about!  See?  She's real!"

Michelle is all "Oh yeah!  This guy got his mom to hire me to work in her shop so he could spend more time with me!  None of the other guys I've known have done that!  It's not creepy at all, it's adorable!  I'm just going to plop myself on his lap!"

Right after that Boob was thinking "Ruh roh!  Golly gee, I've got a stiffy!  Now what do I do?"

Michelle:  "What have we here?  I think I feel a woodie!  Whoo hoo!  I feel so powerful!  I hope someone takes a picture!"

Boob:  "Note to self:  Put a pillow on my lap from now on!  Grab on to her and don't let her off my lap!  Oh no!  Someone's about to take a picture!  Smile!"

Later on they both dicided that it was Fate.  God had talked to their hearts, or their hormones, or something, and they were meant to be together.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I miss me some Tabby. Love that hair witch. I wish I could afford her services. 

Tabatha's Mission Takeover. They can finish the renovation on Derick's face. Sort out what it is they're supposed to be acheiving.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I can't figure out the bathroom door. Does the bathroom have 2 doors, a bi-fold door? It's kinda bugging me.

The bathroom in my house has bifold doors.  We bought the house used, so had no choice, but, the way it is configured, a big single door would be awkward.  And there's no way to put a pocket door in now.

• Love 1

But...but...but....look at them MISSIONARYING!!!!1111 Note that D-Wreck still needs a translator for the five people who showed up. 

Why is there an American flag on the stage in Danger America??? 

Blow that shit up,  zahdii!!  Am I wrong to think Boob was cute?

It occurred to me recently that Derick and Jill are completely unsuited for the missionary lifestyle (in ways beyond the obvious..........4. The person would have to have something to offer -- food, money, medical knowledge or supplies -- something beyond Bible tracts

How about the $24,000???? (or was it 20k).  I am sure they are going to arrive and turn that !DONATED! money over immediately.

32 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Why is there an American flag on the stage in Danger America??? 

Maybe they are holding that meeting/service in a place that's owned/operated by some organization based in the United States, hence the display of the US flag. 

I see what is probably the flag of El Salvador on our left in that photo. 

And seriously. What in the name of all that's holy has Derick had to DO for the last 18 months that would keep him from spending time every day - and several hours a week - learning and practicing Spanish????  Unless he's been sicker than they are admitting, he has no excuse for not being fairly fluent in Spanish by now. Methinks he's sick, and he may be lazier than I'd originally thought.

Edited by Jeeves
spelling matters
  • Love 5

Maybe he has trouble  with  languages,  I tried  to learn  Spanish  in jr. High. I could  write  it, I learned the alphabet , verbs ect., but when it can to speaking Spanish  I had trouble  pronouncing the words  correct . I could hear  the words spoken ,  but when I tried to say it I couldn't  match the sounds . I have the  same problem  singing, I hear the notes fine ,  but when I sing the words  I know I am off, but cannot  correct  it. But then he could  be lazy ,  I hate to use that word  because  that's what my mother  called me never understanding  that I was  trying  just could  not do it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Maybe he has trouble  with  languages,  I tried  to learn  Spanish  in jr. High. I could  write  it, I learned the alphabet , verbs ect., but when it can to speaking Spanish  I had trouble  pronouncing the words  correct . I could hear  the words spoken ,  but when I tried to say it I couldn't  match the sounds . I have the  same problem  singing, I hear the notes fine ,  but when I sing the words  I know I am off, but cannot  correct  it. But then he could  be lazy ,  I hate to use that word  because  that's what my mother  called me never understanding  that I was  trying  just could  not do it.

You make a good point, and I'm sorry your mother didn't understand that you just couldn't process the sounds. 

But if Derick's really worked at learning Spanish and can't speak it? Then IMO he needs to reconsider his career path as a missionary to people in non-English-speaking countries. 

• Love 5

"The first few days we were here, amidst the settling in and busy schedule, Israel and I (Jill) were battling coughs and colds and Israel developed a low-grade fever, which we quickly noticed was as a result of an eye infection (he first had this at the beginning of our last time here when he was only 8 months old). Thankfully it hasn’t been as bad as the first time! Israel and I were also welcomed “home” by a couple of fire ant bites (something we aren’t used to back home in NW Arkansas). Oh, and our second night here Israel decided to test out the instant hot water dispenser and quickly learned it wasn't a toy when some of the water came out on his hand. We cooled the burn and applied burn salve and he only had a little redness in the morning. We also made sure to turn off the hot water so this doesn’t happen again! Good health is something we learn not to take for granted living in a rural area in a place that doesn’t guarantee the same amenities we have back home. We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

Poor Isreal. Sick, eye infection, ant bites, burns.... hope mommys prayers protects you....

God these people are assholes. UGHGHGHGHHHG

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 9

Jesus Christ, they've been there a week and Izzy already has an eye infection, bug bites and burns? What the fuck is wrong with these two? I don't know how Cathy is able to keep silent. I would've cussed those two idiots out until my voice went hoarse. Did they mention taking Izzy to the doctor for the infection? Or is the child supposed to pray it away? 

• Love 10

Jill said " Good health is something we learn not to take for granted living in a rural area in a place that doesn’t guarantee the same amenities we have back home. We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

So, she must never look at Derick?  Stevie Wonder could see that something's wrong with him.

• Love 23

We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

I would like a copy of their Special Zika Repelling Prayer.

Oh, and our second night here Israel decided to test out the instant hot water dispenser and quickly learned it wasn't a toy when some of the water came out on his hand.

Hot water dispenser?  In a Danger America "frugal" hovel?  I'd sure like one of those in my USA hovel.  What, is it for their Starbucks VUE instant packets??

We cooled the burn and applied burn salve and he only had a little redness in the morning. We also made sure to turn off the hot water so this doesn’t happen again!

Israel needs more burn salve and bandaids.  !DONATE!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

I don't get it about giving Israel a cold bath. He burned himself on hot water, they turned it off. They couldn't turn it back on for the child's bath? You know, the child who was "sweaty and had dust and dirt stuck to him! "

While I'm at it........ she said Israel enjoyed the toys he hasn't seen since they were there last. How did they store what they had left behind? And did either of them freaking clean the toys? They make me itchy.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

"The first few days we were here, amidst the settling in and busy schedule, Israel and I (Jill) were battling coughs and colds and Israel developed a low-grade fever, which we quickly noticed was as a result of an eye infection (he first had this at the beginning of our last time here when he was only 8 months old). Thankfully it hasn’t been as bad as the first time! Israel and I were also welcomed “home” by a couple of fire ant bites (something we aren’t used to back home in NW Arkansas). Oh, and our second night here Israel decided to test out the instant hot water dispenser and quickly learned it wasn't a toy when some of the water came out on his hand. We cooled the burn and applied burn salve and he only had a little redness in the morning. We also made sure to turn off the hot water so this doesn’t happen again! Good health is something we learn not to take for granted living in a rural area in a place that doesn’t guarantee the same amenities we have back home. We frequently pray for protection from bacteria, accidents and other things that would complicate things or send us running to the doctor."

Poor Isreal. Sick, eye infection, ant bites, burns.... hope mommys prayers protects you....

God these people are assholes. UGHGHGHGHHHG

Many people infected with Zika virus won’t have symptoms or will only have mild symptoms. The most common symptoms of Zika are

Fever

Rash

Joint pain

Conjunctivitis (red eyes)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don't get it about giving Israel a cold bath. He burned himself on hot water, they turned it off. They couldn't turn it back on for the child's bath? You know, the child who was "sweaty and had dust and dirt stuck to him! "

While I'm at it........ she said Israel enjoyed the toys he hasn't seen since they were there last. How did they store what they had left behind? And did either of them freaking clean the toys? They make me itchy.

I think they have a water dispenser like many office buildings have, for drinking filtered water and hot water for tea, so probably not enough for a bath. I'm guessing they left his toys in the mission house they stay in while their there.

• Love 4