Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yeppers, @MamaMax, @Arwen Evenstar, @Marigold. She's following her headship, and hormonal, and lying like a rug about wanting to ever set foot in fecking Danger America again. Probably lying to herself about that last one, because, you know, keep sweet and Jesus.

It's really sad, because I was reading comments on the Duggar Official FB page and you wouldn't believe how many fans justified Derick dragging his family to Central America because it was "his calling." One even said that Jill's and Izzy's feelings were secondary to Derick's relationship with God. It's the real life version of the Poisonwood Bible.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

They both are so far away from reality it would take years for the search party to find them and help them learn real reality when it comes to stopping violence and helping crime victims.

What's even worse is half this demented duo went to college. You'd think Derick would have a basic understanding of the social, political and economic factors that create widespread poverty. This sort of shallow worldview reminds me of that popular book The Secret that tells everyone they just have to think the right thoughts to get what they want in life. So if I repeat "I will win Powerball" five thousand times a day, it'll happen eventually, lol. I pray people in El Salvador know that not all of us Americans are clueless idiots.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

t's really sad, because I was reading comments on the Duggar Official FB page and you wouldn't believe how many fans justified Derick dragging his family to Central America because it was "his calling." One even said that Jill's and Izzy's feelings were secondary to Derick's relationship with God. It's the real life version of the Poisonwood Bible.

Yes, according to th Poisonwood Bible, the feelings of the wife and children are irrelevant when it comes to what The Headship wants.

If they were REALLY doing real work, and were so godly and virtuous, then I could see people saying it was a "calling".  But still, couldn't Derick just go by himself and keep his pregnant wife safely at home? For as pro life as they claim to be, risking the life and health of mother and child seems foolhardy at best.

If they have such high morals, Derick wouldn't need an accountability partner. If Boob was really convinced he needed one, surely he could convince someone at SOS to spy on him.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Is it just me or is it annoying that JIll has that childish hashtag of #husbandknowshowtcheermeup

Someone PLEASE tell me what the hell she needs to be cheered up about?  Seriously. with all the sickness, war, hunger, refugees, abused children, violence, death...the list is endless! 

You two are married, claim to be healthy, have a healthy child and are pregnant.  Your housing is provided by Jim Bob and your job is paid by donations.  You're also a D list TV star with a large family to help you out. Miss Cathy beat her cancer supposedly. 

With the exception of Josh, which you claim was not a big deal and happens all the time...what has Jilly so sad? Are we supposed to post back and worry or what?  

Seems like attention seeking behavior...look at me, I'm so sad. 

Maybe I'm just cranky today but it just feels so immature and self involved...like a 12 year old wrote that! 

I was thinking - I'll be in Danger America during my birthday and I have never had a messy sundae before. Wah.

Hey Jill, let's go get one for Valentine's Day!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

MAybe they need all of that money to pay for the flights of family members who will be visiting them throughout their entire stay.  Flying first class ain't cheap.

I assume this is a given!  As well as their frequent trips back and forth during their at most 4 month stay.

5 hours ago, saylubee said:

Maybe a little unrealistically, I'm hoping the biggest portion of the $24,000 is health insurance in preparation for a hospital birth. 

And yet, most of us pay for this out of our own paychecks, with no donations!

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They should take JD with them in the dangerous areas because he is a law enforcement professional. Yes, I was able to type the last sentence without cracking up laughing. I also want to know how Derick and Jill are thinking they are saving the heathen masses in the most violent areas by handing out bibles, teaching them how to make jewelry, and talk to them about how God will save them if they turn to the Duggar way of religious thinking will actually stop the violence. They both are so far away from reality it would take years for the search party to find them and help them learn real reality when it comes to stopping violence and helping crime victims.

You forgot the most important part of their ministry that touches hearts- dumdum distribution and banana bread baking!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

You forgot the most important part of their ministry that touches hearts- dumdum distribution and banana bread baking!

My doctor's office has had DumDums for over 30 years...all I can think about every time I see them is kids in Central America getting handed them by missionaries.

You forgot fingernail painting...

The Dillards are on a mission from God to deliver DumDums to the unwashed.

• Love 2

Totally agree.

Silly Jilly is all boo-hoo because Derick has insisted they are going back to El Salvador. 

Hello? Jeremy had a baptism and Ben is speaking at some event.  Derick has to feel important and vigorous! Pack your bags, Jilly Muffin, we are heading back to Danger America!!!!!

Derick is such a loser. Has he learned Spanish yet?  Because my teen boys took it at Community College...might I make a suggestion to Derick? 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2

Well, they've been asking for donations the entire time they were on their 'short' holiday so it only seems right that they be on a mission. I just don't know why they've requested the additional lump sum. Since they weren't paying rent the last few months, couldn't they have saved donation or TLC money. This is an 'extended' 3-4 month mission, they will be back for another 4-6 month 'short' vacation.  This seems to satisfy both their needs.

• Love 5
On 2/16/2017 at 3:02 PM, sheshark said:

Dear Derick and Jill:

I just gave $50 to help a near-starved and beaten dog in Central New Jersey.  The doctors and VOLUNTEERS taking care of him are doing God's work, not you.

Sarah Sharkey

Dear Triple D and Jilly Muffin,

We just hit the "donate" button yet again for the dogs at Villalobos Rescue Center in New Orleans. They have a teevee show, too, but you might want to take a lesson from Tia Torres and her family: The monthly expenses to run their rescue are staggering, but they have measurable results. 

I think I'll also go donate in your names at Doctors Without Borders, too. Actual doctors and medical professionals doing more than handing out suckers and painting nails? Who knew?

No Love,

-MV

On 2/16/2017 at 2:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

How much do Derick & Jill contribute to this frugal lifestyle and ministry? I guessing their meager piece of the Counting On pie is more than the average donor makes in a year.

BTW, it's easy to live a "frugal lifestyle" when your every bill is paid by a combo of TLC, People and US "exclusives" and Instagram postings.

Think we don't know about this, Triple D? Stop fooling yourself.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Fake hot fudge on a sundae is pure blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

I am so grateful to be a "coastal elite". My biggest treats are a sundae at Dilettante Cafe (owned by a guy whose great-great grandfather was the chocolatier to the last Tsar. The sundae is made with their Ephemere Sauce,) and sea salt caramels from Fran's Chocolates, which President Obama loves so much he gave them away as gifts to visitors at the White House.

For the amount they're pulling in, maybe they should upgrade to Ben & Jerry's. Then again, I'm sure Ben & Jerry's is much too sinful.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I am so grateful to be a "coastal elite". My biggest treats are a sundae at Dilettante Cafe (owned by a guy whose great-great grandfather was the chocolatier to the last Tsar. The sundae is made with their Ephemere Sauce,) and sea salt caramels from Fran's Chocolates, which President Obama loves so much he gave them away as gifts to visitors at the White House.

For the amount they're pulling in, maybe they should upgrade to Ben & Jerry's. Then again, I'm sure Ben & Jerry's is much too sinful.

Where is this cafe of which you speak ???

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I know what you mean.  My Grandpa donated to any infomercial that showed starving children.  That got them on some kind of list where they started getting lots of solicitations by mail and phone.  They lived on a fixed income and grandma did the best she could to keep his donations to small amounts and always checked the mail before him and answered the phone to weed out the solicitations.  Once Grandma got her final illness she had a blood clot put her in a permanent coma.  Don't feel too bad for her, she was in her 90's and had said many times that she was ready to go, but she worried about what would happen to Grandpa.  She worried that he would put himself out on the street because the older he got, the less he seemed to understand that he would need to take care of his own bills before he gave to others.

My mom and one of her sisters started taking turns going over to visit every day and taking in the mail, so they could weed out the junk mail.  They got Grandpa to give up the old rotary phone by telling him the phone company wasn't using them anymore and got him a phone that had Caller ID and could block out the numbers from solicitors, but a lot of them just started calling him from different numbers and got to him that way.  I don't know why they didn't petition the courts to take over his financial accounts.  My mom and my aunt were constantly blocking numbers and whenever they could they would cancel one of Grandpa's existing donations.  When he died a few years later there wasn't enough left to pay for his funeral.

My devout Catholic grandma wrote a $10 check for rosaries for prisoners. A month later, she received 5 solicitations.  She gave $10 to each. Pretty soon, she received a mailbox full of them daily and she became OBCESSED over which would get a check. She spent her last 5 years of life placing solicitations on every single  inch of her floor in assisted living. She spent her days fitfully fretting over all the needs of the world.

Derick knows elderly people and poor people give the most. He is lazy, lazy, lazy and horrible.  He and Jill have no inclination to help people.  They just want to Lead them to the lord, soften their hearts to jesus, so they won't burn for eternity.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, lascuba said:

Remember, it takes Derrick 2-3 days to write a sermon. I imagine it takes just as long to choreograph an interpretive dance routine.

I've seen both the sermons and the interpretive dance; neither would take a regular dim-witted person more than an hour. They are a special kind of dim. 

• Love 4

24k? These morons think they are geniuses and the rest of us haven't seen the world or lived at all. Though I guess their fundie followers haven't and will be inclined to donate. 24k can take care of all living expenses in midtown MANHATTAN for 6 months. So it can take care of living expenses in El Salvador for how long -- 3-4 yrs?? The average doctor in El Salvador makes like 18k/yr - and these are the people living at the highest echelons of society there, sending their kids to private school and med school etc. So Jilly and Derick expect to live that lifestyle for 1.5 yrs??

And why on earth are they going there with Jill 4-5 months pregnant? Do they really think they can pray away Zika? Why take the risk NOW for a fake mission? And how exactly will they fund the delivery? Are they insured? Last time Derick still worked at Walmart so when the home birth didn't work, they could go to the hospital. This time - uh - I hope it's the same. But have they really been paying $500+ (or more like 800-1000 for 3 ppl) per month for decent insurance? Or do they also think they don't need that bc they're religious?

• Love 13
13 hours ago, cereality said:

And why on earth are they going there with Jill 4-5 months pregnant?

Because Jill is an emo mess of a clinging succubus. She couldn't even stand to go for a few hours a day without seeing Derick when he was working his Big Boy job. Do you really think that fragile super speshul snowflake Jilly Muffin would be able to cope with the separation even with her legions of sister slaves?

All she's going to do is stay inside crying over shower racks and lying around incubating as though she were the Virgin Mother herself, being venerated by her legion of Salvadorian slaves. She's literally and figuratively going to be dead weight, and basically coming along as a missionary's wife, not a missionary (using the term loosely). It won't be long before she manufactures a reason to go back home sooner rather than later. She's only going to sit on the couch in the dark and be a disheveled, weepy mess, the last thing that someone who looks like she's suffering from depression needs to be doing.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Frugal, really? You know what's not frugal -- having a child and quitting your job a month later so that other people can pay your living expenses. You know what else isn't frugal -- having a second child when you still have no visible means of support and are apparently planning to beg for money for food. Jill may not know what the word "frugal" means because she's a dumb-ass who attended the SOTDRT, what's Derick's excuse?

Missionaries? really? Missionairies help people -- the provide education and medical support; they help build housing and schools; they work with other groups to provide clean drinking water; etc. These two numbskulls aren't even qualified to "teach" the arts and crafts classes that they claim justify their presence in CA.

I can't believe that anyone would give these two an additional nickel after their last "mission." I agree that the majority of that $24,000 is for plane tickets. Jill and Derick will HAVE to return home for the birth; they'll HAVE to come home for Joy's wedding; they'll HAVE to come back for Jinger's eventual birth; and, of course, they will HAVE to fly any number of Duggars to CA to "help" Jill with all of the work that she will have in caring for her own two children.

I usually find these two to be clueless dullards, but this is really ridiculous.

*applause x10000*

Theyre just playing 'Missionary' - how do you share the gospel or counsel someone if you can't speak the same language, which is SPANISH, and not that hard to learn if you put forth an effort. Not like they're learning some rare tribal language with no alphabet and only a handful of native speakers.

I have a serious issues with 'missionaries' who basically want somebody else to pay for their extended vacations and delayed adult reapinsibility, but all for Jesus! Don't get me started one Campus Crusade, etc.

I always thought a huge part of mission work was sacrifice. You're living on a shoestring to be good stewards of generous donors. You may be cut off from family and friends for years (I know Internet makes communication much easier). You delay relationships. You are often put in danger from disease, violence, etc,. But you do it because God has called you to help the less fortunate, and helping them is a higher priority than your own comfort. 

The Dullards are sacrificing NOTHING. They really aren't even inconvenienced. 

Even LDS missionaries to modern places in first world areas give up transportation besides bicycles (there are exemptions when nothing else is available), have to delay marriage and kids until after, can only write family for a while, etc. Plus their primary focus is visitation and sharing their faith. No nail painting and sucker giving, then calling it a day.

If this is Derrick's work ethic, as breadwinner and headship, he better hope he can survive off donations and not have to enter a real workplace again. He won't make it. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have a serious issues with 'missionaries' who basically want somebody else to pay for their extended vacations and delayed adult reapinsibility, but all for Jesus! Don't get me started one Campus Crusade, etc.

THIS! Jilly Moonbeam Muffin and Triple D have one Giant White Baby and another on the way and have no fecking clue what adult responsibility was before they went on this jaunt.

• Love 4
On 2/17/2017 at 5:30 PM, MamaMax said:

Where is this cafe of which you speak ???

There are several in the Seattle area and at least one at Sea-Tac Airport (if you're ever in the neighborhood). My favorite is Broadway.

http://www.dilettante.com/

Fran's Chocolates has a few locations in the Seattle area, too. Get the sea salt caramels.

https://www.franschocolates.com/

Once you've had this stuff, you'll never go back to the "chocolate mess".

• Love 2

People are commenting everywhere just how weird this sudden flight is. No teary goodbye videos, no photos, just a flight by night.

They'll have their work cut out for them if they disappear every time a Duggar does something awful.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

People are commenting everywhere just how weird this sudden flight is. No teary goodbye videos, no photos, just a flight by night.

They'll have their work cut out for them if they disappear every time a Duggar does something awful.

Maybe they snuck Josh out of the country with them on that flight.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Yep. I expected there would be some kind of send-off party, if only to give the TLC crews something to film. And the Dullards another chance to grift some more donations.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'm sure it probably was a big deal and filmed, maybe just saved for a future episode!

• Love 3

Anyone can go to www.guidestar.org to look up financials/tax forms of registered charities. (Highly recommend for any organization to which you DONATE ;)...you do need to create a free account). 

SOS Ministries and Dillard Family Ministries are both listed, but the latest tax returns available are for 2014 (I assume 2015 will be posting soon). 2014 and years past are available to look at for SOS. Nothing yet for DFM as they registered in 2015. Easiest to search for by EIN number as there are quite a few SOS Ministries. 

Edited by CatS
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, awaken said:

I'm sure it probably was a big deal and filmed, maybe just saved for a future episode!

Agreed...they gotta earn that TLC money by having a storyline.

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Derick probably had a manic moment and away they go!!! 

Which means they paid a premium for their ticket. I'd imagine they have plenty of air miles by now.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm sure there are plenty of unsaved, poor kids here they can hand out coloring books to. 

No, they don't get their own coloring book and box of crayons. They get one page and one crayon at a time. Said crayon may be exchanged for a different color and/or they wait their turn for the color they want. Muffy explained this on one episode. I guess only God's chosen get a whole coloring book and box of crayons.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No, they don't get their own coloring book and box of crayons. They get one page and one crayon at a time. Said crayon may be exchanged for a different color and/or they wait their turn for the color they want. Muffy explained this on one episode. I guess only God's chosen get a whole coloring book and box of crayons.

Seriously?  Those assholes wouldn't use some of the DONATED money to buy every kid a coloring book and a box of crayons?

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yep, seriously.

Answer to second question: Nope

There are no words to adequately describe the hatred I have for those two worthless fucking losers right now.  I am 100% certain that they could have gotten coloring books/boxes of crayons donated, if they'd had the wherewithal to get off their fucking lazy asses and asked.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 11

Not sure why the Dills couldn't have done something like what these folks are doing. Yes, these folks are  raising money by selling tshirts and a line of doggie wear so they can also have a well funded sanctuary for dogs:

https://www.instagram.com/stinkylinkythefrenchie/

They aren't grifting, it's a side business with a higher purpose, since they both have big boy and big girl jobs and they are selling tangible products at a profit.

There are plenty of honest ways to raise money to fund a cause. Grifting isn't one of them.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Is God going to protect them from Zika? Or did Jill think it went away? She's an idiot. 

Even THE POPE gave a special dispensation so that people could protect themselves from Zika. A man of God, who sees science and religion as being able to coexist, so as many tragedies as possible can be prevented...

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But everyone gets their own Dora the Explorer backpack right?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Other than that photo of Izzy at an airport from Jill's instagram, do we know for sure that they've already left? Is it possible that that photo was from some other time and they haven't actually left - that it was one of those misleading posts the Duggars have been known to do?  The caption said something like, "And we're off," with a link to their blog post. It's possible that they could have meant that they will soon be off, so donate now.

• Love 1

I hadn't thought about this much -- Jill and Derick are so far from being actual missionairies, that I guess it's kind of pointless, but this is all very true.

The Duggars have made grifting their life's work, so why weren't Jill and Derick all over area churches looking for donations of all kinds -- medical supplies, school supplies, clothing, toys, etc. As far as I can tell, the most that they have done is put up a web page with a DONATE button.

If they really were missionairies at all, they would probably have returned to AR brimming with ideas of things that they could do to help people: we should stock up on X, but maybe try to get money to buy Y locally. They could have spoken to local merchants about selling some of the handicrafts that they are "teaching" the locals to create. They would have spoken at the churches of their donors telling people how their money was spent and what they hope to accomplish in the future. As far as I can tell, they did nothing more than loll around the TTH for months.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Even THE POPE gave a special dispensation so that people could protect themselves from Zika. A man of God, who sees science and religion as being able to coexist, so as many tragedies as possible can be prevented...

Wouldn't it be amazing if part of their ministry was to pass out condoms and information on Zika.  

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I hadn't thought about this much -- Jill and Derick are so far from being actual missionairies, that I guess it's kind of pointless, but this is all very true.

The Duggars have made grifting their life's work, so why weren't Jill and Derick all over area churches looking for donations of all kinds -- medical supplies, school supplies, clothing, toys, etc. As far as I can tell, the most that they have done is put up a web page with a DONATE button.

If they really were missionairies at all, they would probably have returned to AR brimming with ideas of things that they could do to help people: we should stock up on X, but maybe try to get money to buy Y locally. They could have spoken to local merchants about selling some of the handicrafts that they are "teaching" the locals to create. They would have spoken at the churches of their donors telling people how their money was spent and what they hope to accomplish in the future. As far as I can tell, they did nothing more than loll around the TTH for months.

Yep.  We buy the handicrafts and auction them off at our fundraisers: colorful blankets, handmade jewelry, hand painted items.  Of course, in order to auction stuff off, one actually has to plan and conduct a fundraiser which seems to be beyond Jill and Derick's capabilities.  And, of course, asking for cash gives them full discretion as to what to do with the dough.  Asking for crayons or toothbrushes or even Spanish language Bibles cuts into the funds available to fly back to Arkansas on a whim.

The biggest hit on our last trip was the Family First Aid Kits we put together using donated band-aids, guaze pads, Neosporin and packets of Tylenol or Advil.  We put the supplies into zip-lock bags and labelled it in Spanish.  Our clients were absolutely delighted because that kind of stuff is always needed and hard to find and even harder to afford for them.  The school principals each got one for their office after a couple told us they had nothing for kids cuts and scrapes.  Each one cost us well under a dollar because we bought in bulk and used donations.  There is no reason the Dullards couldn't come up with some small offering for the people they encounter.

• Love 16

Reading this thread makes me so angry at these people. "heathens" do more to Show love and help their fellow man than they do. One big reason I'm no longer an evangelical Christian as I was raised.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if part of their ministry was to pass out condoms and information on Zika.  

If they really did that ( and that alone) & weren't the lazy grifters that they are, I'd donate to that cause.

• Love 5