Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

What a strange outfit for the photo. I guess not strange, but just not special. Looks like she grabbed some random things out of Israel's too small pile. So many cute baby boy options nowadays. Is she even excited about this baby?  

We should all know by now that the Dillards are completely lacking in any sort of creativity or spark of imagination. 

Jill:  Derick, lets go post our gender reveal!

Derick: Um, okay...what do you have in mind?

Jill: Ummm..like...Boy's outfit, maybe....(giggles)

Derick pulls wrinkled and rumpled Giant White Baby outfit from laundry hamper.

Derick: Um, will this do???

Jill: Um, yeah...that'll do.

Picture taken and posted...Derick relieved he can now get back to doing his usual nothing. Jill thinks that she's split the atom.

Jessa has it all over Muffy when it comes to posting. It's very obvious Jessa has put way more thought into it. Jill, you don't work outside the home gone for 50 hours a week and also need to look after your home and family. You've got nothing else to do all day, so a little more effort would be nice.  Even a blue onesie or booties would have been great. She's really got no deference when it comes to posting sloppy, poorly thought out posts.

• Love 12

That outfit, what the what?! If that's all she had why didn't she think that it might be better to not have an outfit at all??  Where is the damn chalkboard? - Eh,  it's probably just another FU to JB and his social media demands 

• Love 1

Just note that the Duggars and People coordinated this to coincide with the Derick puking episode. Once they get Jinger moved in, we move on to Joy. And when we do, the engagement announcement will come. 

We already know the Family Camp is having a private event at the end of April. Announcing via People the Monday after VD will put the leghumpers in a lather. 

• Love 1

If Jill & Jessa keep popping out boys, who will have a laundry room breakdown ala Mechelle first? I would guess Jill. Jessa seems like she would be able to manipulate someone into doing her laundry quite easily. I can't see Jill being smooth enough to be able to pull that off.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just think, if Jessa is spitting out a boy this week, will there be time for them to share his clothes since he'll be the same size at 5 months as Muffy's newborn?

True, except didn't Jessa give away Spurgey's clothes to the Taco4Life gal? I know it was just a story line for TV.  It didn't look like she gave her that much  - just a few outfits in a plastic grocery bag. (Why do I remember such trivial Duggar things?)

I've been thinking about Jessa delivering at a hospital.  Wouldn't she have to be registered with the hospital prior to birth thru an OB/midwife?  Meaning she would have to have had proper prenatal care other than Dr. Jill.   I worked at an OB's office & records were faxed to the hospital prior to the birth.  Some type (if not all) of payments would have been made both to OB & hospital.  I don't see this happening with Jessa.  Much easier for her to show up at the ER with suitcase in hand or going in after the birth like last time.  I would love to have known what Jessa told  the OB after Spurgey's birth explaining she had no prenatal care other than Dr. Jill on Skype or Miss Theresa or the Vanessa "midwife lady".  I'm sure nothing was written down regarding any type of prenatal visits let alone the birth. I'm sure Jessa hasn't had any of the proper screenings like diabetes or the Beta strep test, which are very important.  I know they have God on their side but I can't forget MEchelle & Jessa explaining the blood transfusion like it was something simple like getting a flu shot.  These people continue to amaze me.

Sorry, didn't realize I was on the Dillard thread when spouting on about Jessa.  But same goes for Jill, probably no prenatal care.

Edited by Barb23
1 hour ago, HooHooHoo said:

What a strange outfit for the photo. I guess not strange, but just not special. Looks like she grabbed some random things out of Israel's too small pile. So many cute baby boy options nowadays. Is she even excited about this baby?  

They look like they're barely holding on to their sanity. I've had several friends and family members do gender reveal announcement on social media and it's always with a cute onesie or a tiny pair of boy sneakers etc. Jill looks like she just grabbed a random outfit  from Izzy's closet and took a picture. You know there's some serious disfunction going on when Muffin can't even be bothered to fake it for Instagram anymore. Ball's in your court to one-up her, Jessa....

6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I've been thinking about Jessa delivering at a hospital.  Wouldn't she have to be registered with the hospital prior to birth thru an OB/midwife?  Meaning she would have to have had proper prenatal care other than Dr. Jill.   

She'll probably show up to the emergency room after Theresa and Jill botch the delivery, just like she did last time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I had to go look after reading the snark. Yep. You're all correct. What a hot mess.

There aren't many comments on the article. They're mostly negative and some are witty: Derick looks like he's on work release; they both look like they crawled out of a Goodwill donation box; and a Duggar being barefoot and pregnant is not news. Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

Jill looks like she's barefoot in the picture. Ok we get that, lol. They just look awful.

From the article, “Children really are a wonderful blessing from God,” the pair said. “Having Israel has been such a delight to us that we know a second sweet baby will only continue to add joy to our family. We are thankful to God for this sweet child and we cannot wait to see her or him face to face!” I guess they didn't understand the result of the scavenger hunt?

• Love 4

The outfit made total sense to me. Red and blue are boy colors. Children who are dressed in the wrong colors turn into gays or--still worse--those scary transgenders who wave their genitalia around in the restrooms in Target.

Edited by Portia
Typo
  • Love 21

oops, read Jill. 

Whatever Jessa is having is probably born by now. Maybe TLC will throw leghumpers a bone of mom and baby tonight during a commercial break (we all know that they were there this time), name during a commercial break next week.

Edited by Sew Sumi

Until just a few years ago males superseded females in line for the throne in England. And most wanted the first & second born to be male - the heir and the spare. I wonder if Fundies feel the same way. Especially the Duggars, cuz you know, Josh.

• Love 3

This pregnancy seems so sad to me. During their first one, they seemed so joyous, happy, and healthy. Derick had a great job with a legit employer, and it seemed like things would be so much better for them than anybody else. Now, there is obviously so much dysfunction in the marriage, and Jill seems to have a weak bond at best with her existing child. I do wonder if Jill will be happier raising this child in the states, and will bond with him, while Israel will be like a bad souvenir from her time in Danger America. I really hope not. At least he will have Jana and Cathy!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I had to go look after reading the snark. Yep. You're all correct. What a hot mess.

There aren't many comments on the article. They're mostly negative and some are witty: Derick looks like he's on work release; they both look like they crawled out of a Goodwill donation box; and a Duggar being barefoot and pregnant is not news. Heh.

I know that Jill can't put herself together at all, and just assumed it was another unattractive outfit. Seriously, though, it looks like an outfit for one of the Lost girls (minus the skirt). It looks like it's old, washed out, and stretched out and way to big for even GWB. They are too lazy to even go to the store and buy a cute baby outfit? I bet Grandma Cathy has bought them 10,000 cute baby outfits. What is wrong with them?

• Love 8

Jill is seriously so weak and incompetent. I would love to see a show where they find reality stars and make them work a regular job for a day. Wouldn't you love to see Jill at McDonald's?

Geeeez...at least Jessa and Jinger did fine when they volunteered at that coffee shop. They could get a job if they had to, but Jilly Muffin would be out on the street. 

• Love 1

I can't believe how out of the loop I am.  I knew Jessa was about to deliver any day, but I had no idea Jill was even pregnant.  I thought it was just speculation due to her having a bit of belly in some pictures.  I really must read this thread more thoroughly.  That said, I'm thrilled she's having another boy.

• Love 1

The Jessa and Jinger volunteering at the coffee shop was another FU!! internet moment to the viewers. I cannot picture Jessa working at all because in her mind, it would be beneath her to be around the heathens in a work place. Five minutes of Jinger giggling and talking about her babe Jeremy in the workplace would drive people to want to quit in masses or buy earplugs in quantities. Jill would need to have Derick tied to her side where she works at, and I do not think a lot of places want their employees bringing their husbands to the worksite because they are Cling A Long As the Day Is Long Queen.

1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Hannie, Jordyn, Jennie, and Josie are going to be so busy being sister moms as well as handling the family laundry.  School may have to take a backseat, but that's okay, they're only girls.

Eh, the Duggars have never seemed to care about the boys and school either!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if Jessa had her baby and Jill stole her thunder by announcing her babys sex?

No, I'm sure this announcement was planned for Sweeps. There was no guarantee when Jessa would whelp, but it looks like it was late last night or sometime today. If she's a good fundie wife, she'll be up two hours after the birth filming a fill in for TLC to fit into a commercial break late in the show tonight. 

Again, it looks like the Seewalds screwed Jessa's pooch. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

It looks to me that Izzy is looking at the outfit and saying why are you holding up that piece of shit outfit that doesn't even match. 

Wth?  This looks like something my mother bought at a garage sale.  She meant well, but I would immediately put that stuff in my goodwill bag.  I just can't even.

• Love 3

That outfit looks big enough for a 4 yr old boy!  Looks even too big for Israel. Nothing about it suggests "newborn baby boy".  What an odd choice.

Derick looks horrible in that hat. It's difficult to look at. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

where is this ugly outfit?

Barefoot and pregnant. eta: I'm counting, and she got sex confirmation pretty early. She's not due for 5 more months. 

jill-duggar (351x500).jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I saw their announcement on Facebook and didn't think it was real.  I cut them a lot of slack but this doesn't even look real?  Is that one of Izzy's old outfits?  Something that used to belong to Buddy James?  They couldn't even get a picture where they're all in focus and looking at the camera.

I'm truly mystified by this one. 

• Love 3

The pants look about the right size for Israel to me.  The shirt and pants are not a good combination.  I think they just went to Israel's basket of supposedly clean clothes and grabbed what was on top and put it on a hanger.  Effort in anything seems beyond those two.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DoctorWhovian said:

The picture just makes them come across so sloppy

That's the thing. This is, I guess, what they want to do with their lives: have babies and sell the "story" to People Magazine. If they want to be a "media couple" they need to step up their game about 1000%. I get that the humpers love them because they are so "Godly," but most of those humpers have (or did have) babies that they dressed in cute, clean clothing. Many of them had jobs, too, and still managed to put more effort into baby announcements than these two jobless morons.

• Love 9

Sloppy is Jill and Derrick's thing. They cleaned up some while courting but they started showing each other their filthy colors on their wedding day with Jill's dirty bare feet. Which is...fine, I guess? It's unpleasant to look at and if I were in their circle I would never eat anything Jill prepared because I'd assume her kitchen was as dirty as she and her husband look, but in a more general sense I'd almost like that they don't bother to fake a polish they don't have just for social media. Except that that's not what they do...instead, they make this half-assed effort to follow cutesy social media trends and end up looking even sloppier than usual. They could have just said, "It's a boy!" and left it at that. But they didn't, because while they can see that announcing stuff in a "cute" way is popular, they have no concept of cute and end up looking ridiculous and really odd by displaying an obviously old, used, toddler-sized outfit. 

• Love 13

Jim Bob: Hey guys, People Magazine needs a picture of you announcing that you're having a boy.

*Jill looks up from her phone with a glazed expression while Isreal gnaws on three day old, dried macaroni*

Jim Bob: A picture Jill, a picture.

*DING, BUZZ*

Jim Bob: Jill, this the picture you texted your mom last night. Derick is in his sock feet....

*Jill shrugs and we hear the crumbs scratch underneath her dirty feet as she shuffles away to get far from Isreal. In the background we hear Isreal scream for Jana.*

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 15

The more I see it the odder he looks. Derick is so transformed from their courting days just a couple years ago. This pic looks like a mashup of pistol Pete, a woman, a clown, and a skeleton. 

It's not just long hair, or the braces, or the jaw. It's his whole demeanor. He's unrecognizable. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, awaken said:

The more I see it the odder he looks. Derick is so transformed from their courting days just a couple years ago. This pic looks like a mashup of pistol Pete, a woman, a clown, and a skeleton. 

It's not just long hair, or the braces, or the jaw. It's his whole demeanor. He's unrecognizable. 

He's really odd looking. I think he's suffering from the side effects of all that Koolaid. Duggars are exposed to this their entire lives so they are used to these megadoses...

• Love 2