Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On Jill's Instagram there's another pic of them at the airport with Derick's brother and girlfriend. In the background there's a sign that says Sam's. Is there a Sam's Club near or at the airport? Were JB & M so happy to see Jill and Derick that they stopped and shopped on the way home? Michele is in the same yellow top.

Sams Club - or the Fundie affilited Sam's Furniture, where the Duggs hung out?

Looking at Derick and his brother side-by-side, Derick's teeth are noticeably wider than brother's. If Derick's mouth used to be more like brother's, then he has succeeded in widening his mouth. (I'm trying, for the first time, to insert a photo here - fingers crossed.) 

?taken-by=jillmdillard

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Looking at Derick and his brother side-by-side, Derick's teeth are noticeably wider than brother's. If Derick's mouth used to be more like brother's, then he has succeeded in widening his mouth. (I'm trying, for the first time, to insert a photo here - fingers crossed.) 

?taken-by=jillmdillard

The contrast is amazing. Derick's face is in much better proportion now, especially if his teeth get lined up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

MeeeeChelle is probably happy that she has an extra sister mom on call. Did Jilly's duties stop when she popped out her own child? Probably not.

I figured Jilly's duties stopped but Jana's...

Poor Jana. The Duggar reality is not pretty.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I spotted professional camera equipment - times two - in the background of one of those photos. TLC crew at work. It's more footage for teh show. 

I pointed that out in the initial post. :)

It's not the airport, either. Izzy is in different clothes than the pictures they took at the layover play station in Dallas. This is some sort of fellowship hall. They probably used Cross Church again, as they did before they left. 

56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I pointed that out in the initial post. :)

It's not the airport, either. Izzy is in different clothes than the pictures they took at the layover play station in Dallas. This is some sort of fellowship hall. They probably used Cross Church again, as they did before they left. 

American Airlines logo right on the door.

• Love 7

I didn't see that until you pointed it out! That means they changed Izzy's clothes on the plane. How classy. Not to mention, this crowd of god knows who at the fucking airport. It's been a long day, with a toddler on top of it. Why couldn't the crowd wait until they'd reached their end destination to have the party? Geez. 

I guess they REALLY need that paycheck!

The Duggars won't understand my reasoning, because they are incapable of understanding subtlety, but I'm calling it: Jill and Derick won't stay in Arkansas for long.

Because the truth is, travel changes you. Even crappy pretend missionary travel. And no matter how much Jill wanted to be home, and is ecstatic to be home FOR NOW, in a few months time they'll start thinking about their life in Central America. And there will be little things that they miss and a lifestyle they remember fondly and without knowing why life at "home" will be not quite as great as they imagined? 

It's a very subtle thing, but it happens (I've been an expat/third culture kid all of my life). You're living in country X and you're desperate to live in country Y,  but when you get to Y, you feel unsettled and it's not quite right, so sooner or later you end up in country Z!! 

Derick clearly has itchy feet and Jill is lazy and clingy, but I think she is adventurous by nature and would be willing to go away again. I wish they would go travelling for less exploitative reasons, though!

Tl;dr: When you've been away, the idea of being home is often much better than the reality.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't see that until you pointed it out! That means they changed Izzy's clothes on the plane. How classy. Not to mention, this crowd of god knows who at the fucking airport. It's been a long day, with a toddler on top of it. Why couldn't the crowd wait until they'd reached their end destination to have the party? Geez. 

I guess they REALLY need that paycheck!

I'm pretty sure after traveling a toddler's could conceivably need to be changed. Cameras or no cameras. I lived in Danger America myself for 4 years. I put a fresh shirt on my son before landing at our final destination so he'd look nice. I also wiped his face. No paycheck was involved. 

What would people be saying if he arrived grubby-looking? jfc. 

Edited by MischaMouse
  • Love 10

Izzy looked just fine during the layover. I don't think anyone said he looked "grubby" then. I just find it weird, that's all.  The parents didn't change THEIR clothes; I don't get why Izzy would need to. It's not THAT long of a trip, and they are in A/C all day. MMV. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Izzy looked just fine during the layover. I don't think anyone said he looked "grubby" then. I just find it weird, that's all.  The parents didn't change THEIR clothes; I don't get why Izzy would need to. It's not THAT long of a trip, and they are in A/C all day. MMV. 

Toddlers can spill, drool, squish finger foods, and find all kinds of ways to get dirty and need a change of clothes. Not a surprise to me at all. Changes of clothes are a must when going anywhere with a baby or toddler.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Toddlers can spill, drool, squish finger foods, and find all kinds of ways to get dirty and need a change of clothes. Not a surprise to me at all. Changes of clothes are a must when going anywhere with a baby or toddler.

Absolutely. I am not a parent, but have a big extended family, and know this is true. Heck, after traveling internationally, with a layover, I usually wish I had a fresh change of clothes. And there aren't any TLC camera crews waiting to capture my tired and rumpled self when I step off that final flight. I thought all three Dillards looked pretty tidy and nice in the airport "welcome home" pics, to their credit.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Is that Josie in the pink dress?  Isn't she a little big to be held on a hip like that?

It's the only way to stop her from licking things.

I'm going to hell. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I gotta say Derrick looks pretty decent here, much better than recent pictures.  He looks a little tired and I hate to say it but hes rocking the man bun lol. He has that new age  hippy look to him  and I half expect him to bust out a yoga mat and some weed

?taken-by=jillmdillard

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes. And they will NEVER let people forget that she's the Precious Miracle. Even though she's almost 7. 

They'll still be carrying her on their hip like a small child down the aisle on her Transfer of Authority wedding day.

Edited by cdp73
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I gotta say Derrick looks pretty decent here, much better than recent pictures.  He looks a little tired and I hate to say it but hes rocking the man bun lol. He has that new age  hippy look to him  and I half expect him to bust out a yoga mat and some weed

?taken-by=jillmdillard

And I think Jill made an effort to comb her hair and get it out of her face, and also put on makeup. They both look much tidier than they did in so many of their Danger American selfies.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Josie is almost  SEVEN. Stop holding her like a baby.  She can walk.

I completely agree, but in this case I think I'd make an exception. I expect that she ran to Jill and jumped up on her when she saw her. So Jill returned the favor.

I got the feeling that the kids really enjoyed going over to Jilly Muffin and Derick's house when they were in Arkansas and that they've probably missed them since they've been gone.

They probably provided a laid back away-from-the-TTH environment where the adults were pleasant and seemed to enjoy actually interacting with them and having fun with them. That's the vibe I thought I noticed in the many pictures we saw of young Duggarlings hanging out with the Dullards, anyway. And the young Duggarlings don't have a lot of avenues of escape into relative normalcy, even for a few hours.

• Love 15
On 8/7/2016 at 9:28 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Many people who have had chemo consider themselves lucky to get their hair back at all.  The Duggars better not say anything about Cathys hair. 

Now that the head Dum Dums are gone, hopefully we will see them asserting their own independence at the TTH.  Perhaps they can teach interpretive dance to the Duggarlings.

No kidding.  My mom had radiation and her hair never really grew back.  It was very hard on her.  

• Love 5

I imagine that they moved the Joshleys to the Pool House. They still have the guest house on the Compound itself that they could use. Otherwise, I guess they'll be put up in one of Boob's flips that may be on the market, or just about to be. 

54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I imagine that they moved the Joshleys to the Pool House. They still have the guest house on the Compound itself that they could use. Otherwise, I guess they'll be put up in one of Boob's flips that may be on the market, or just about to be. 

Unless the house is being used by one of their "friends" who happens to be staying there.  Or Sierra set up shop there to plan for JinJer's wedding.  Then the Dillards are SOL.  

I think the pool house may be too far away from the TTH for appropriate supervision of Josh.  Maybe the kids are in the dorms and the Smuggars are in Grandma Mary's old room?  

• Love 1

Do we know for sure that Mary moved out? It's been speculated, but nothing has been proven. 

And if that IS the arrangement, shit Jim Bob, way to treat your 28 year old son like Jackson. But being kept THAT much under Boob's thumb WOULD explain Smuggar's rapid weight gain. Even if he's living over at the Pool House, which I suspect, his life must be a soul crushing experience. I almost feel sorry for him, then I remember who he is and what he did, and I recant any good will I might have had. 

At any rate, Muffy has a place to stay for free, wherever it happens to be. 

• Love 5

And I think Jill made an effort to comb her hair and get it out of her face, and also put on makeup. They both look much tidier than they did in so many of their Danger American selfies.

Of course. They knew they were going to be filmed.

his life must be a soul crushing experience. I almost feel sorry for him, then I remember who he is and what he did, and I recant any good will I might have had. 

I feel the same sometimes. But only briefly.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the stuffed animal a gift for Izzy or a gift for expectant parents?

The bear is holding a box of something. I can't tell what it is. 

If Jill got pregnant in zikaland... No words. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, NewDigs said:

The bear is holding a box of something. I can't tell what it is. 

If Jill got pregnant in zikaland... No words. 

I really hope that didn't happen...they'll do just about anything to stay in the news or to prove to us what special snowflakes they are, but this stunt would just be tragic beyond anything.

Ah, but if Jill had a Zika baby with microcephaly, she'd not only get tons of sympathy but then a vaginal birth would be so much easier!

Yep, I'm going to hell, but it's been needing to be said since . . . well, since I thought of it.

• Love 8

ACK! Pass the brain bleach! 

I watched the video I posted, and it certainly looks like the Pool House. I forgot who suggested it, but it does indeed look like Smuggar and Anna are confined to Grandma Mary's old room at the Big House, which leaves the kids in the dorms. Poor JD, sharing his room with a 3 year old. That's not right. 

But Jerick win again. A nice, 3000 sf house to live in rent-free until they leave for as long as they want. 

eta: The picture over the fireplace looks like just one person, a guy. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

ACK! Pass the brain bleach! 

I watched the video I posted, and it certainly looks like the Pool House. I forgot who suggested it, but it does indeed look like Smuggar and Anna are confined to Grandma Mary's old room at the Big House, which leaves the kids in the dorms. Poor JD, sharing his room with a 3 year old. That's not right. 

But Jerick win again. A nice, 3000 sf house to live in rent-free until they leave for as long as they want. 

Derick and Jill stay winning. I can't believe they get that big ass pool house while Anna, JD and Jana are stuck in Tinker Toy Hell. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which one is Boob's golden child. 

• Love 5

Anna failed in her wifely duties so she's relegated to the TTH.

Jilly Muffin is back home and squealing on her brothers and sisters as usual. Check her Instagram posting on the Holy Goalie thread -- I'll bet they weren't back home for ten minutes before she informed KJB and J-Chelle that Jinger violated her courtship rules...

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Anna failed in her wifely duties so she's relegated to the TTH.

Jilly Muffin is back home and squealing on her brothers and sisters as usual. Check her Instagram posting on the Holy Goalie thread -- I'll bet they weren't back home for ten minutes before she informed KJB and J-Chelle that Jinger violated her courtship rules...

Always the little snitch.  God forbid her sister do more than sidehug the dude she's being sold to. 

• Love 2

Perfect Jilly Muffin. Poor Jana/JD, what did they ever do wrong? Apart from not marrying and contributing to the Duggar army...

One major positive from them being home is that hopefully that we won't constantly hear this sort of rubbish on the new Season:

''Central Murica is really really dangerous, we are worried about Jill and Derick oh and their kid and they have spotty wi-fi. Oh no they're not answering our skype call but  Jill just posted on instagram 5 minutes ago! Maybe she was eaten by a Cougar. Yes it's very dangerous out there but God called on them personally to save the locals so we will have to cope without our Jilly Dilly.''

Not exactly verbatim but close enough.

• Love 6