Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It was approximately 85 degrees there yesterday.  Not fall weather.  Jill, you're an idiot.

Personally, I don't think Deertick could survive in Nepal anymore, he's past it.  He's a house cat now, tamed, neutered and chained to an Albatross.  I think he might last a week without WiFi, decent plumbing and access to FOX news before he slithered home to the air conditioning and Chik-fil-a.  

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I seriously think Dereck will run away to Nepal in the future. Jill is suffocating him with her hair and adoration.

Actually I think he likes it. She’s the only one in the world that gives him the constant undeserving praise he seems to need. I don’t think he likes being around her all the time like she’d prefer, but he loves attention too much to run away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, leighdear said:

It was approximately 85 degrees there yesterday.  Not fall weather.  Jill, you're an idiot.

gosh, darn it! This is the second post in less than 24 hours in which I have given Jill a pass.    No, 85 isn't exactly what one thinks of for fall weather, but the high there yesterday was  74 which for the south is early fall weather.  The high on the 20th was 75, it went up to 85 on Saturday and 81 on Sunday.  This definitely is a hint of fall weather when you have spent the last 3-4 months with temps in the upper 80's to low to mid 90's.  The average high at this time of year is 75, with an average low of 52.

The high there tomorrow will be 81, but in HOTlanta it will be 93.  I would gladly swap temps with Jill.

Now I would appreciate it if you posters will quit making me defend Jill😂😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Yesterday in Arkansas was genuinely nice and fall-like, and the highs were in the 70s, NOT the 80s, in the Fayetteville area. Where I was live is a touch colder and actually was more like upper 60s. It was a rainy cool day. It was cool enough that I had hot tea in the morning, which I wasn't doing the previous days. Jill does a lot of batshit stuff but considering yesterday fall-like was not one of them. Literally every person I ran into yesterday in the area was talking about how nice and fall-like it was, especially compared to the 90s we'd been having. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Tell me, just how does Jill get past security? How is it that a non-student can just enter the campus, enter buildings and just 'go to' Derick's locker? Does this university have no security?

Jill is behaving as if her husband is in PRE school and mommy is bringing the snack today. Jill, Derick is in LAW school. Boy, DDD must be the class entertainment. I'm sure the other law students are laughing at him. Law school IS REAL; there are serious, focused adults in the program. Jill is treating this like Derick is out on a play date at 'school'. How clueless can this woman be? Why isn't someone, anyone, telling her that her actions and behavior just isn't normal. Leave Derick alone to go to class, study and turn in his assignments.

Derick is attending a state university,  rarely are they closed to the public.  Campus security does not care if the public walks on the grounds, use the library, shop at the student store, get a meal at the student center, etc.   Jill and the boys can easily meet Derick on campus between classes.  

• Love 15

I think it's hilarious when Jill does her field trips to skooool.  Every interruption, every distraction and every inappropriate visit just has the potential to knock Deertick off his stride. 

Him failing school or the bar (at least once) would tickle me to death.  That means one less self-righteous, self-important, judgmental ass with a J.D. degree and the means to impact the laws of our country. 

Cling away, Jilly-Muffin!  

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think it's hilarious when Jill does her field trips to skooool.  Every interruption, every distraction and every inappropriate visit just has the potential to knock Deertick off his stride. 

Him failing school or the bar (at least once) would tickle me to death.  That means one less self-righteous, self-important, judgmental ass with a J.D. degree and the means to impact the laws of our country. 

But he will be a Christian lawyer who can defend Jill and David Rodrigues for allegedly abusing their kids!

• LOL 2
37 minutes ago, leighdear said:

If he sticks with it, I don't think he'll fail law school.  The bar on the first try, maybe, but I think he'll do just fine in his classes.  He strikes me as the type who is very good at "book learning", and doesn't have to put in a lot of effort to do well in school.  I know several people like him, and many of them are pretty much professional students because that's where they excel.  

Unfortunately, most of them also have absolutely no "street smarts" or common sense.  My ex-boyfriend from my college days was like that.  We stayed in touch periodically after going our separate ways, and he was always either starting a new job, or he had just quit a job in order to go back to school for another degree.  Unfortunately he died from cancer in his late fifties, but he had never held a job for more than a few years without returning to his comfort zone as a perpetual student.

I see Deertick following a similar path.  He'll use his law degree in some capacity for a while, then decide he needs an MBA or some other degree and off to school he'll go.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

The high there tomorrow will be 81, but in HOTlanta it will be 93.  I would gladly swap temps with Jill.

Preach. I’d be ecstatic for 81. This weather is more suffocating than being covered in Jill’s hair. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Yeah U of A campus is very open--Jill would have no trouble getting onto campus. Major roads through Fayetteville drive right through it. Nobody in their right mind takes those roads unless they are going to the campus because of the traffic, but it would not be hard for her.

Parking would be the worst because that's a bitch, even if you are a student, but she could easily park at one of the businesses north of campus and near the law school stuff and hoof it about a mile or so. Or take one of the free transit buses and be deposited pretty close to the law school building. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't picture Jill with two kids on a bus. Or hoofing it a mile with her latest culinary creation. 

I can't either, but it's either that or paying out the ass for a parking garage. The closest one I can think of, you have to walk up a big-ass hill. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can't either, but it's either that or paying out the ass for a parking garage. The closest one I can think of, you have to walk up a big-ass hill. 

I can see Jill paying top dollar to park close. Dullard financial priorities are mucho screwed up. $12 grand for a piece of paper, $1 for their kids' used shoes.

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can see Jill paying top dollar to park close. Dullard financial priorities are mucho screwed up. $12 grand for a piece of paper, $1 for their kids' used shoes.

That's true. They've raised the prices since I was a student. I went back last year for something and was absolutely mortified how much it cost me to park for about an hour. 

• Useful 5
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't picture Jill with two kids on a bus. Or hoofing it a mile with her latest culinary creation. 

9 hours ago, Zella said:

8 hours ago, Zella said:

That's true. They've raised the prices since I was a student. I went back last year for something and was absolutely mortified how much it cost me to park for about an hour. 

I remember when Derick's enrollment in law school was announced, we talked about this a bit. I went to the university's website and looked up parking on the campus map in relation to the location of the law school. Here's the parking info page, with a link to the parking map. There is a parking garage about a long block from the law school building, so if Jill could find a space open she could pay to park and wouldn't have to hoof it very far with the kids and her cookies or whatever. (On the map, the parking garage is up near the top with a blue "P" and the code GAPG; the law school building is a block south with the code "WATR.") If the garage is full? Her options are limited. 

Which reminds me that the law school student body has kept quiet about Derick's behavior on campus, including how often his family shows up there. That's much more discreet and classy behavior than the norm in these days when social media whoredom influencing is a whole industry. I assume that Dire Warnings applicable to such public disclosure of a classmate's personal life have been issued by the administration, probably along with lectures on professionalism and respect. It makes sense. These law students aren't unmotivated frat rats coasting and partying their way through college and posting party pics on SM. They are paying through the nose and probably racking up huge student debt, in pursuit of a serious career. They aren't playing. Nobody in that situation needs to get into a mess by ratting out the comings and goings of a D list former reality TV personality.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I remember when Derick's enrollment in law school was announced, we talked about this a bit. I went to the university's website and looked up parking on the campus map in relation to the location of the law school. Here's the parking info page, with a link to the parking map. There is a parking garage about a long block from the law school building, so if Jill could find a space open she could pay to park and wouldn't have to hoof it very far with the kids and her cookies or whatever. (On the map, the parking garage is up near the top with a blue "P" and the code GAPG; the law school building is a block south with the code "WATR.") If the garage is full? Her options are limited. 

Which reminds me that the law school student body has kept quiet about Derick's behavior on campus, including how often his family shows up there. That's much more discreet and classy behavior than the norm in these days when social media whoredom influencing is a whole industry. I assume that Dire Warnings applicable to such public disclosure of a classmate's personal life have been issued by the administration, probably along with lectures on professionalism and respect. It makes sense. These law students aren't unmotivated frat rats coasting and partying their way through college and posting party pics on SM. They are paying through the nose and probably racking up huge student debt, in pursuit of a serious career. They aren't playing. Nobody in that situation needs to get into a mess by ratting out the comings and goings of a D list former reality TV personality.

They are there to study and learn ( take a lesson JILL) 

• Love 1

I do have to defend Jill a little.  I don't think she and the boys are regularly going to visit Derick on campus.  She has posted some pictures before of them bringing Derick dinner.  If Derick is on campus for 12+ hours a day, then the boys may not see their dad during the week.  He appears to be taking his graduate program a lot more seriously than his brother-in-law.  I don't see anything wrong with Jill and the boys stopping by with food when Derick takes a break.  I don't think this is uncommon for married students with families in rigorous programs.  Now if she is doing this every day, then there is a problem.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I honestly forgot about that one, but it is smaller than the other one I used, which still fills up rapidly. I don't know what time she stopped by, but well before 9 a.m., those garages can be near full. I can easily see her hoping for a spot in that one on Garland and still coming up empty.

Parking is a serious issue on campus because the university has rapidly expanded its enrollment over the past several yeara without addressing the parking issue. When I was a TA there, if I wanted students to talk in class, I'd mention parking on campus. The bitching would commence and even the quiet kids would get vocal. 😉

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do have to defend Jill a little.  I don't think she and the boys are regularly going to visit Derick on campus.  

I agree. And after I posted above that nobody from law school has been posting stuff about Derick on SM, I remembered that several months ago there may have been someone on reddit or FJ who claimed to be in law school with Derick and posted some information. IIRC it wasn't all that derogatory about him, or sensational. But that seems to be about it, in terms of "inside info" from the law school about Derick hitting the innernetz.

I think early in Derick's 1L year, he or Jill posted some photos on SM where she was sitting in class with him, but we haven't seen any of that since then, have we? I suspect Derick may have gotten some pushback, perhaps discreetly, from the powers that be, about publicizing that kind of stuff. 

IMO law students are mostly focused on their classes, and getting their class prep and assignments done, and on going about their own lives and routines. I bet it's like most large workplaces, where you get settled in and you make friends with a few people, but unless they are memorable for some reason (often for being obnoxious, lol), you don't take a lot of extra notice of the rest of your coworkers. I bet Derick has made some friends and manages to get along well enough with everyone else even if they aren't buddies. Unlike the Duggars, he's done school and college before. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, MonicaM said:

If he sticks with it, I don't think he'll fail law school.  The bar on the first try, maybe, but I think he'll do just fine in his classes.  He strikes me as the type who is very good at "book learning", and doesn't have to put in a lot of effort to do well in school.  I know several people like him, and many of them are pretty much professional students because that's where they excel.  

I actually think he's book smart and life stupid. 

His undergrad GPA was presumably good and he did pass the LSAT.   I'm sure he'll do fine in most instances where his learning is to ingest the information, then regurgitate it back verbatim.  I can't see him distinguishing himself verbally in a moot court, but you never know. 

I just hope he flames out spectacularly on the bar, or flounders in a potential job hunt.  More cash down the drain, and nothing concrete to show for it.  He deserves that distinction. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I actually think he's book smart and life stupid. 

His undergrad GPA was presumably good and he did pass the LSAT.   I'm sure he'll do fine in most instances where his learning is to ingest the information, then regurgitate it back verbatim.  I can't see him distinguishing himself verbally in a moot court, but you never know. 

I just hope he flames out spectacularly on the bar, or flounders in a potential job hunt.  More cash down the drain, and nothing concrete to show for it.  He deserves that distinction. 

I am no Dullard humper, but I hope for the sake of the boys, he succeeds in at least holding down a steady job.

He will need the income if he wants to put them in christian school.I don't think Jill would ever agree to public schools, and Derick has jumped on the fundie wagon.

Sorry for the highlight; I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

I don't think Jill would ever agree to public schools,

Jill will do whatever Derrick tells her to do, especially if it gets the kids out of her hair for more Clinging to Hubby time.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Nobody in that clan will have children that go hungry, unclothed or be without a roof over their heads.  They will always take care of their own. 

However, I simply don't believe that the quality of their lives will be improved one iota by Deertick becoming an attorney.  I believe they will still wear crappy clothes, be fed sub-standard meals and be minimally educated, no matter what he posts about them going to college.  I think those kids will be in the same boat, no matter what their father does for a "living".                                   

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So Jill entertained her "mama friends" while wearing an acne mask? I hope they got something to eat and drink. 

Since she tagged R&F it was probably one of those awful parties where some pushy consultant tricked people into a “moms and muffins” party to try and hoc overpriced skincare. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

R&F is a MLM now? I remember when you could just go to their website and buy it. Of course, that's before they sold out.

Yes it’s all MLM and about every other person on Facebook sells it it seems. Unfortunately a former neighbor of mine started selling it recently and did a live video of opening her new blackhead remover deal that “OMG guys they just launched this and it’s a the great price of $250!” 🙄🙄

I’m sure someone in their church group sells it and talked Jill into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she signs up as a consultant too. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, floridamom said:

Tell me, just how does Jill get past security? How is it that a non-student can just enter the campus, enter buildings and just 'go to' Derick's locker? Does this university have no security?

Jill is behaving as if her husband is in PRE school and mommy is bringing the snack today. Jill, Derick is in LAW school. Boy, DDD must be the class entertainment. I'm sure the other law students are laughing at him. Law school IS REAL; there are serious, focused adults in the program. Jill is treating this like Derick is out on a play date at 'school'. How clueless can this woman be? Why isn't someone, anyone, telling her that her actions and behavior just isn't normal. Leave Derick alone to go to class, study and turn in his assignments.

If it is a public school anyone can be there.  It takes a lot of hoops and warnings to get anyone 86'd from campus.  At least where I am.  

18 hours ago, Zella said:

Ours is .25/15 min or $8/day.  As a staff person I pay $37/mo for the privilege of parking on campus.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

If it is a public school anyone can be there.  It takes a lot of hoops and warnings to get anyone 86'd from campus.  At least where I am.  

Ours is .25/15 min or $8/day.  As a staff person I pay $37/mo for the privilege of parking on campus.  

I'm so jealous! It's 1.75 an hr at the university of Arkansas parking garages now according to the website. I don't know exactly what it was when I was there but it had to have been more than 1 an hour. I remember putting in a 12 hour day, having to park in the parking garage because I was in a borrowed car, and about choking when I paid my nearly roughly $14 bill for the day.

You can pay for a parking permit there at the parking garages, but it was substantially more expensive than the other parking lots. I want to say it was a few hundred a year versus a hundred for other lots.

I'd actually love to know how Derick handles the parking. No matter what option he chooses, it's a pain in the ass one way or another.

Edited by Zella
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm so jealous! It's 1.75 an hr at the university of Arkansas parking garages now according to the website. I don't know exactly what it was when I was there but it had to have been more than 1 an hour. I remember putting in a 12 hour day, having to park in the parking garage because I was in a borrowed car, and about choking when I paid my nearly roughly $14 bill for the day.

You can pay for a parking permit there at the parking garages, but it was substantially more expensive than the other parking lots. I want to say it was a few hundred a year versus a hundred for other lots.

I'd actually love to know how Derick handles the parking. No matter what option he chooses, it's a pain in the ass one way or another.

YIKES!  That IS a lot of $$.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Yes it’s all MLM and about every other person on Facebook sells it it seems. Unfortunately a former neighbor of mine started selling it recently and did a live video of opening her new blackhead remover deal that “OMG guys they just launched this and it’s a the great price of $250!” 🙄🙄

I’m sure someone in their church group sells it and talked Jill into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she signs up as a consultant too. 

I know two people who sell it. One is an attorney, the other is a teacher! I don't know if they do it for the discount but they do push in on facebook and post a lot of pictures of their eyeballs lol

JIll probably got a sample or went to a party an did a shout out as a favor

• Love 2

I'm surprised it took this long for Jill to jump into MLM territory.  Those hun bots should be after her like a fly on poo.  I'm spending my afternoons going down the rabbit hole of all things MLM.  It's some scary shit 😲

• Love 9

I don't see Jill herself getting involved in any MLM as a consultant.   She would be susceptible to promoting one on Instagram while thinking that she was just helping a "friend" out.  I can't see Derick allowing Jill to drop the necessary money for her to get into the business.   I don't know about Rodan and Fields, but some of them require some serious money up front.   

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I'm surprised it took this long for Jill to jump into MLM territory.  Those hun bots should be after her like a fly on poo.  I'm spending my afternoons going down the rabbit hole of all things MLM.  It's some scary shit 😲

Watch On Becoming a God in Central Florida. It’s about these types of pyramid schemes and I can see it hurt more than help Jill. 

• Love 9