Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 12:30 PM, sarasue59 said:

I wonder if those are Chacos.  If they are, then she should be wearing them everywhere.  They are pretty expensive sandals.  I have a pair like them but they are scechers, half the price and soooo comfortable.  I have to say I live in them in summer, LOL!

I like her sandals. ((Yes...Chacos))   But more importantly, is she wearing Dirty Dancing-style jean shorts?

Her boobs are unfortunate. Once they start looking like Mullet's, there's no going back. Ugh.

Edited by drafan
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I think that is just a little too advanced for her ...

She probably thinks it only comes already prepared in the individual serving bottles.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

I used to work at IHOP and free pancake day was in March.  We had two types of people come in.  There were those who got their free short stack and water, and tipped a quarter.  TFDW and Fab Fam did this, they have a photo of themselves preening for the camera as they all ate a short stack, including the kids who can barely chew.  It’s on insta.

Then there were people who would order a short stack, and then a latte, and bacon, and eggs.  Take advantage of the promo while supporting the business.  Or those who got a short stack and water to join in the fun, and then tipped $10.  Generosity always wins in my books.  

I’m really hungry for pancakes after reading your comment. ? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This was posted as a TBT on DFO, figured I would put it here.....

6DCAAA89-EE2F-4C35-9A4B-C2B8C095CB4E.jpeg

Isn't this the year they claimed they donated all the donuts to a shelter or something? Or is this new? Josie looks too young in the pic and Joy would have still been an unmarried got it to be current. But the M boy looks his current age. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think  they're outside of the TTH.

No, I see the hot donut sign is on behind them, they are outside a Krispy Kreme.  I am shocked that they went all out for this since pirates are not very christlike and I'm sure Halloween is verboten in their faith.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No, I see the hot donut sign is on behind them, they are outside a Krispy Kreme.  I am shocked that they went all out for this since pirates are not very christlike and I'm sure Halloween is verboten in their faith.

Forgive me! I need to wear readers but am too lazy to go them! I surely did not think that Derek would take his ass to a donut shop barefoot! He's disgusting.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That's one of the sad things, imo.  You can see those kids are loving getting dressed up in costume.  It's part of encouraging imagination, but these kids won't get much chance to do that with their belief system.  Plus, it's too much bother for their parents.  My mother was a costume designer and I grew up in a costume shop.  Those are such wonderful memories, trying on costumes and role playing.  So sad that these kids miss out on so much.

• Love 18

All those donuts could have went to food banks, homeless shelters or local VA Hospitals instead of the Duggars. I think God would want people who are struggling to be taken care of over the Duggars' greed and self promotion.

2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Isn't this the year they claimed they donated all the donuts to a shelter or something? Or is this new? Josie looks too young in the pic and Joy would have still been an unmarried got it to be current. But the M boy looks his current age. 

You're right. It's not new. TBT = Throwback Thursday, when people on social media post stuff from the past. (Yeah, I'm guilty of it myself, but not very often.) 

I have a vague memory that they claimed to have donated some or all of their donuts. 

21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

You're right. It's not new. TBT = Throwback Thursday, when people on social media post stuff from the past. (Yeah, I'm guilty of it myself, but not very often.) 

I have a vague memory that they claimed to have donated some or all of their donuts. 

Remember, that is the year they donated ONE box, of their over a dozen boxes grifted, to a couple hitch hiking across the country.  And naturally they posted a photo of it.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, louannems said:

Remember, that is the year they donated ONE box, of their over a dozen boxes grifted, to a couple hitch hiking across the country.  And naturally they posted a photo of it.

How else were we supposed to know how generous they were????

• Love 8

Each box of plain donuts costs $2 max.  

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

All those donuts could have went to food banks, homeless shelters or local VA Hospitals instead of the Duggars. I think God would want people who are struggling to be taken care of over the Duggars' greed and self promotion.

When Krispy Kreme give away their donuts it’s for their own self promotion. The Duggars snatched nothing out of the mouths of the homeless or veterans. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Each box of plain donuts costs $2 max.  

When Krispy Kreme give away their donuts it’s for their own self promotion. The Duggars snatched nothing out of the mouths of the homeless or veterans. 

Correct. The Duggars are greedy for sure, but it isn't as if they hogged ALL the available doughnuts for themselves while poor people went without. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I don't think they were snatching anything from the homeless or veterans, but I do think they were being greedy.  Just because you can take home 13 dozen donuts doesn't mean you should.  Krispy Kreme wants to promote to as many customers as possible, so they're taking away from or making it more costly to reach more potential clients.  Their 13 dozen only meets a small group.  I think they could have taken a few dozen for their family and left it at that.  I have a family of four, but I wouldn't bring home 4 dozen donuts just because I can.  That is greedy!!  If they took those donuts home and they went to waste, then I find that pretty greedy and shameful too.  I guess they missed the part of the bible that speaks to greed.  Oh, that's right they pick and choose.  

The Duggars social media numbers alone makes the $25 of ingredients given away to the Duggars a fantastic deal for Krispy Kreme. It is very cheap publicity, and I don’t see how Krispy Kreme could be considered victims or exploited. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

derick-dillard-helping-the-poor.jpg.a5f7fa6d288720ef704f3a659c3dc055.jpg

I think in the original post Derick claimed the couple was homeless. The woman then commented on the picture saying she was just collecting money for traveling when the Dullards offered them the free donuts and asked for a picture of them doing so.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think people are saying that each person does not need a whole fucking dozen of donuts to themselves.  It's just greedy. 

Of course no individual needs a dozen donuts, but Krispy Kreme’s pirate day thing was their own idea, it isn’t being abused by the Duggars. The “greed” is encouraged by Krispy Kreme. I would also consider the whole pirate promotion to be targeted at children, so fuck Krispy Kreme for pushing a dozen free sugar bombs on children. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Of course no individual needs a dozen donuts, but Krispy Kreme’s pirate day thing was their own idea, it isn’t being abused by the Duggars. 

Agree. They're not abusing Krispy Kreme, they're just assholes about free dozen. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Of course no individual needs a dozen donuts, but Krispy Kreme’s pirate day thing was their own idea, it isn’t being abused by the Duggars. 

The Duggars could go in and get a few donuts (one for each family member.) To me it is greedy to get up to 14 dozen free donuts when there are homeless people, food banks and veterans who are struggling to get food on a daily basis.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Duggars could go in and get a few donuts (one for each family member.) To me it is greedy to get up to 14 dozen free donuts when there are homeless people, food banks and veterans who are struggling to get food on a daily basis.

Why is the Duggars fault that Krispy Kreme doesn’t feed the homeless or veterans? Krispy Kreme could do it, but won’t.  

Krispy Kreme’s pirate promotion is a promotion. The publicized obscene over consumption of Krispy Kreme donuts furthers the growth in consumption of Krispy Kreme donuts for the other 364 day’s a year.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Why is the Duggars fault that Krispy Kreme doesn’t feed the homeless or veterans? Krispy Kreme could do it, but won’t.  

Krispy Kreme’s pirate promotion is a promotion. The publicized obscene over consumption of Krispy Kreme donuts furthers the growth in consumption of Krispy Kreme donuts for the other 364 day’s a year.

I see what you are saying, but the Duggars do not need 14 dozen boxes of donuts. If Krispy Kreme was smart, they would only give one box of donuts per family and donate the rest to certain groups and organizations. Or better yet, do a promotion where a family gets one free box, but only if they make a small donation to help feed the hungry. A winning situation for everyone. Of course, we all know if Krispy Kreme does do this the Duggars would not be happy about it because they might have to think about others instead of putting out their greedy paws in order to get something for free.

Edited by bigskygirl
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see what you are saying, but the Duggars do not need 14 dozen boxes of donuts. If Krispy Kreme was smart, they would only give one box of donuts per family and donate the rest to certain groups and organizations. Or better yet, do a promotion where a family gets one free box, but only if they make a small donation to help feed the hungry. A winning situation for everyone. Of course, we all know if Krispy Kreme does do this the Duggars would not be happy about it because they might have to think about others instead of putting out their greedy paws in order to get something for free.

I don't disagree. But from the management perspective, if they tried imposing limits like "one box per family" it would inevitably lead to some smartarses trying to game the system, and the store staff having to try to enforce the rules. I can just see some smartphone video from some "poor victimized customer" who "was refused donuts" going viral. Never mind that the [allegedly victimized] customer had tried to get more donuts than the rules allowed. In this age of social media, that is a losing proposition for the company no matter if the customer was in the wrong. The smarter way is just do a "pirate" = "free donuts" day, and write it all off to goodwill and advertising - even if inevitably some people will take advantage like crazy. 

Back to the Duggs, thanks to @louannems and @Lunera for the info on the couple. I had a vague memory - hell, all too many of my memories are vague these days - of that, and it was good to be reminded what happened.

• Love 6
(edited)
55 minutes ago, zenme said:

Agree. They're not abusing Krispy Kreme, they're just assholes about free dozen. 

I feel the same way.  Krispy Kreme certainly knows people will get all the free donuts they can.  I work for a company that is known for giving free samples.  It's supposed to be one per customer to introduce products and for advertising.  My store is in one of the wealthiest, highest educated counties in the country.  People will almost fight you for more than one, threaten to call corporate, ask for samples for every family member who are "just over there".   A certain number of people will always take everything they can.  Even if they can easily afford the item.  Did Derick go into the store with bare feet? Yuck.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Dickweed certainly would have made some good friends with the college students he paid 12K to hang out with under the guise of whatever the hell he was doing if he showed up with donuts!  College students love free food maybe even more than these assholes.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Yes, but a promotion exploited by one family, means that only the one family's worth gets the knowledge; even if it is a huge one.  Plus, it sort of seems to me like the allure is that people who wouldn't normally get Krispy Kreme, get their hands on a donut, find they like it, and thus buy more over the course of the year, ideally becoming brand loyal lifetime customers.  Customers showing up and leaving fuming because one family took the entire stock of donuts on an advertised "free donut" day leaving none for the others, sounds like it would in fact create the opposite of goodwill for the company.  The only way I'd consider giving the Duggars a pass for their overconsumption, would be if the individual Krispy Kreme franchise had delivered donuts coming out their ears (they surely don't bake them on premises, do they?) from the company every time "free donut" day came around.  And they may very well have done so. 

However, I've had the experience of standing on line personally when MAC Cosmetics is doing its "free lipstick" day; the store didn't amass any "extra" lipsticks that I could ascertain for purpose, as they were in fact cleared out of their entire stock well before noon (I myself joined the lineup around 11:30 on a whim).  In that case I myself was willing to be disappointed and not go away with a lipstick because I knew darned well I was showing up 90 minutes into the promotion.  You can be sure there were a lot of people in my same position who decidedly did NOT feel the same way, and had in fact spent the entire day abusing the salesclerk on account of the lack, as you could hear the exhaustion in his voice as he pointed out "This has been ongoing since 10AM, ladies."  If these stores don't build up unlimited stock, someone taking 120-200 donuts in one fell swoop strikes me as at least 6 trays' worth.  I grant the Duggars' Krispy Kreme store probably isn't the size of Penn Station's, which is a hole-in-the-wall, but if the Duggars came by that store, they would wipe it out.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The thing that comes to mind for me is that, just as ChikFilA's "dress like a cow" promo, this one also asks for a costume (however rudimentary)...And as easy as it probably is to finagle something "pirate-looking" for most people, not every homeless person out there has much other than the clothes on their backs. So since they can get all these free donuts, making a point of driving around to various KrispyKremes and letting local kids who don't have these luxuries dress up in their stuff and get their own box might have been a nice way to go about it (while still preserving that HolierThanThou cachet). 

17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I would be more than okay with the Duggars getting 14 dozen donuts, keeping 3 dozen and then taking the other 11 to the local hospital, police station, and fire station. Or any charitable arm of something. But you know they didn't and wouldn't even think about it.

Like the time they pretended to donate food to a local food bank with the cameras rolling or something like that, and as soon as the cameras stopped filming, they took the food or whatever the items back. I do remember the girls making cookies and handing them out to law enforcement and fire departments at Christmas. To be honest about it, I would not want to eat something the Duggars make because they are not known to be for good sanitary habits while cooking and baking.

35 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So since they can get all these free donuts, making a point of driving around to various KrispyKremes and letting local kids who don't have these luxuries dress up in their stuff and get their own box might have been a nice way to go about it (while still preserving that HolierThanThou cachet). 

Given they don't mix with other people, they probably don't know any local kids. As a parent, I'd be pretty darn suspicious if the Duggar clan was trolling my neighborhood & inviting my kids to dress up to go get donuts. If I wanted them to have Krispy Kreme donuts I would have dressed them up myself.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I would be more than okay with the Duggars getting 14 dozen donuts, keeping 3 dozen and then taking the other 11 to the local hospital, police station, and fire station. Or any charitable arm of something. But you know they didn't and wouldn't even think about it.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Remember MEchelle’s missing back muscle? The rest of them have missing empathy muscles. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. 

• Love 23
Just now, Nysha said:

Given they don't mix with other people, they probably don't know any local kids. As a parent, I'd be pretty darn suspicious if the Duggar clan was trolling my neighborhood & inviting my kids to dress up to go get donuts. If I wanted them to have Krispy Kreme donuts I would have dressed them up myself.

True enough...I guess I've been hanging around here long enough that they have become instantly recognizable in my head - and I don't even watch the show! It still seems as though they could make some of those bits of costuming available to people/kids who didn't  have enough to put things together for themselves somehow if they really put some thought into it. I don't know....I agree that the promotion is more geared toward KK's bottom line than it is about altruism, but if someone has the number of costumes floating around the house for a family the size of the Duggars to get a dozen doughnuts for virtually every family member, it seems wrong not to share as much as you can through some means or another

• Love 1
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

The only way I'd consider giving the Duggars a pass for their overconsumption, would be if the individual Krispy Kreme franchise had delivered donuts coming out their ears (they surely don't bake them on premises, do they?) from the company every time "free donut" day came around.  And they may very well have done so. 

Some Krispy Kreme stores bake the donuts on site. They could still run out of ingredients though, so some people may not be able to get free donuts.

• Love 6

Dunkin Donuts does a promo once a year offering 1 donut with a purchase of a beverage. They usually run out by noon. 1 donut with a purchase and they run out. However DD is smarter than KK because the Duggars would not bother if they had to make a purchase.

• Love 8