Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm fairly certain Jill mentioned her parents bought them an a/c for their place in DA.

She posted her parents “gifted” them an AC. The same way someone “gifted” them the hotel stay for their wedding anniversary. They filmed there so maybe TLC paid for the stay. They then proceeded to talk about how nice it was to have a fenced hotel where they could feel safe. Apparently a gated house with armed guards just didn’t do it for them. Grifters.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I am so tempted on posting this in response to Derick's free speech crap on his twitter page: I love free speech. I also love ignore, mute and block.

I was watching an episode of Designing Women called Nightmare From Hee Haw. They had Nub the traveling gynecologist who helped deliver babies in the family. He thought one of his daughters had the name Tomale. I thought of Dr. JillPhonyian when Nub was talking about delivering babies and was considered an expert because his family thought he was one. Daddy Jones reminds me of an older version of JB. The other two sons remind me of the older Duggar sons and Derick.

Can I just say that it is my ultimate dream to be one with Julia Sugarbaker? I feel like I’m a mix of Julia and Oiser from Steel Magnolias. 

• Love 15

Same here...The first time we were stationed in Hawaii, we had a house with no a/c for the whole 4+ years we were there. Granted, it probably wasn't quite as hot there as Central America, but still...And when we were stationed  in Guam, there were almost daily (semi-scheduled) power outages because there was never enough power on the island due to the brown tree snakes constantly knocking out the electrical substations. Not to mention the power outages after typhoons and the major earthquake which hit while we were there. We got good at showering under the runoff from the roof during the rain. 

18 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Can I just say that it is my ultimate dream to be one with Julia Sugarbaker? I feel like I’m a mix of Julia and Oiser from Steel Magnolias. 

You must be pretty awesome, then! I love people like that. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. At all.

• Love 5

Speaking of showering under the runoff from the roof, if it's 95 degrees out an easy way to get hot water for the bath is sit some pails, buckets, pans, etc. out on the porch in the sun for awhile.  Take two or three into the shower with a pitcher and wash away.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Aja said:

Carol Cars-Buening, will you marry me? Love, Aja Cars-Buening (hopefully).

Are you writing Mrs. Aja Cars-Buening on your Trapper Keeper? Maybe your PeeChee??  With big hearts? :)????

Sorry.  I couldn't resist.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Aja said:

She wouldn't watch it. She's too busy coming to the rescue of Mommy's little man on Twatter.

I think I'm going to start calling Derrick Little Man Twatter or LMT.  The name suits him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Same here...The first time we were stationed in Hawaii, we had a house with no a/c for the whole 4+ years we were there. Granted, it probably wasn't quite as hot there as Central America, but still...And when we were stationed  in Guam, there were almost daily (semi-scheduled) power outages because there was never enough power on the island due to the brown tree snakes constantly knocking out the electrical substations. Not to mention the power outages after typhoons and the major earthquake which hit while we were there. We got good at showering under the runoff from the roof during the rain. 

We were stationed in the Philippines for a mercifully short period. We had no AC either.  We had fans and a breeze.  Cathy needs to chill out a bit. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm fairly certain Jill mentioned her parents bought them an a/c for their place in DA.

Anyway, like you've all said, they had a safe home, running water, food, money for frequents trips home and they were always a 'prayer' away from leaving it all behind. Does Cathy realize that real live people live there ALL the time? 

I don't think that the Duggars or, apparently, anybody in their orbit are afflicted with a sense of context. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, SMama said:

El Salvador is the murder capital of the world? Not by a long shot, that honor belongs to Caracas, Venezuela. Not that it really matters, but El Salvador is 20th. She conveniently forgot to mention the Dullards lived in a gated house with armed guards. Now we know where Derelict got his propensity to shoot his mouth without doing research. Cathy needs to stop jumping in to defend the indefensible.

Really? This Wikipedia ranking uses fairly recent (2014 - 2015) U.N. data and it says that El Salvador does have the highest rate of homicide in the world, at 108 homicides per 100,000 people. Honduras is second, and Venezuela third. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

My church hands out Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets to needy families. No preaching, no sermons, no questions asked. Just show up on the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas and you can pick up a basket with fixings for a full meal. IMO that is the Christian way to do things, help others without strings attached. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 8

Stupid me I guess, I'm too Disney tired to look up my source now. Mea culpa if I screwed up. They are still entitled assholes. It also makes Derick a shittier headship than I thought for taking his family there. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, SMama said:

Stupid me I guess, and too Disney tired to look up my source now. Mea culpa if I screwed up. They are still entitled assholes. It also makes Derick a shittier headship than I thought for taking his family there. 

Like you said in your original post, though, they were probably safe enough in their walled, guarded compound. I also imagine that most homicides in El Salvador, like in most places, aren’t random slayings of strangers. ITA with you that it’s not like Derrick and Jill were walking around with targets on their backs. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I didn't realize Cathy even said he didn't have AC in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What a fucking joke is that Cathy Dillard. 

Cathy Dillard is just like Derick! Completely disconnected from reality.  Wow. Well, we can clearly see where he gets it from. They live in their head. 

Interesting choice of words, to me, because I very much live in my own head. I always have, though it took me until well into adulthood before I was really able to identify and define that, and I rather hate it, because it does keep me from being "connected" with the world and other people in the same way that I feel "normal" people are. Maybe I have a toe into the autism spectrum or something, I don't really know. Had I been born in this day and age, I probably would have been diagnosed with something somewhere along the line, but that's neither here nor there. Point is that while I do have that tendency, I also recognize it, and try my best to at least act as though I'm more connected with the world than I might naturally feel, and follow the rules that empathetic and caring people follow because it seems important to be a decent person rather than a completely self-absorbed one.

Not sure I'm making much sense here, but what you said did sort of make me think. Still, it seems odd that people like that should feel drawn to missionary work. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Really? This Wikipedia ranking uses fairly recent (2014 - 2015) U.N. data and it says that El Salvador does have the highest rate of homicide in the world, at 108 homicides per 100,000 people. Honduras is second, and Venezuela third. 

My church hands out Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets to needy families. No preaching, no sermons, no questions asked. Just show up on the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas and you can pick up a basket with fixings for a full meal. IMO that is the Christian way to do things, help others without strings attached. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

That's the Wikipedia thing I found that says the honor goes to Caracas. It seems like my list is more generalized, though. Me no get totally. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

That's the Wikipedia thing I found that says the honor goes to Caracas. It seems like my list is more generalized, though. Me no get totally. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Not sure I'm making much sense here, but what you said did sort of make me think. Still, it seems odd that people like that should feel drawn to missionary work. 

Well, aren't they drawn to the romance and heroism of bringing the world in line with the vision that's in their heads?

None of them is drawn to missionary (or ministry) work in the sense of helping other people best become what they are and overcome difficulties and so on. They're drawn to missions and ministries because they see them as a chance to jawbone everybody into falling in line with the Duggars' (and Dillards', Seewalds' and Vuolos', etc.'s) views. (and to get a side benefit of adventure or beach travel, in some cases)

And, in fairness, this is the same thing that's drawn most people (though not all, of course) to missions and ministry down through the ages, I think. 

You can definitely do it while staying in your own head. Unless it's a true charitable-helper-type mission, it actually kind of requires being in your own head.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Aja said:

Copied and pasted from the comments.  Carol Cars-Buening, will you marry me? Love, Aja Cars-Buening (hopefully).

I am not that person, but I would be willing to marry you (assuming the current spouse has no objections). You are awesome.??

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I didn't realize Cathy even said he didn't have AC in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What a fucking joke is that Cathy Dillard. 

Cathy Dillard is just like Derick! Completely disconnected from reality.  Wow. Well, we can clearly see where he gets it from. They live in their head. 

Cathy Dillard: Please send money:

I have a large family and an old Suburban with 360,000 miles on it.  There is NO AIR CONDITIONING and the AC keeps breaking when I fix it.  I live outside of NYC and it's super humid here during the summer. NYC is also a high crime area. I run out of hot water sometimes. I also don't have a dryer and we line dry clothes. My roof is still damaged from Super Storm Sandy. 

Odd though, I consider myself very blessed.  

When we got the car we have now three years ago, the air conditioner did not work which was fun for me because I was sick and miserable at the time. We finally took the car in to have the air conditioner looked at and had a block heater put in because no block heater when winter hits would not have been fun either. We do not have a functioning washing machine or dryer, and no hot shower for us since our shower does not work. We also do not have an oven that works either, but we have manage to survive.

I was reading my family history. My great-great grandmother traveled over a hundred miles in one week to get to my great-great grandfather after her infant son died in the late 1880's out in the middle of Montana. She had her other children with her and traveled on foot to get to him and also to make sure her son had a proper burial with a religious ceremony. My great-great grandmother was full blooded Native American and was religious and took crap from no one. In otherwords, Dwerp, Cling Queen and Cathy the Enabler, there are our ancestors and people today who have a lot worse than you do, but they make do and are grateful for what they have. In the words of my husband's late father: Shit or get off the pot!

42 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, aren't they drawn to the romance and heroism of bringing the world in line with the vision that's in their heads?

None of them is drawn to missionary (or ministry) work in the sense of helping other people best become what they are and overcome difficulties and so on. They're drawn to missions and ministries because they see them as a chance to jawbone everybody into falling in line with the Duggars' (and Dillards', Seewalds' and Vuolos', etc.'s) views. (and to get a side benefit of adventure or beach travel, in some cases)

And, in fairness, this is the same thing that's drawn most people (though not all, of course) to missions and ministry down through the ages, I think. 

You can definitely do it while staying in your own head. Unless it's a true charitable-helper-type mission, it actually kind of requires being in your own head.

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks :)

• Love 2

I suppose it's hard to go back when you've been accustomed to central air. Growing up, I never had a/c in my bedroom and I slept fine. We had awnings on our windows to keep the sun out and keep the house cooler, and we were able to keep them open in the rain as well. I wonder why no one does awnings anymore? Anyway, I now have the GREAT PRIVILEGE to live in a lovely house with a/c in most rooms. I think it would be harder for me to sleep now in the serious heat/humidity without it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

I am not that person, but I would be willing to marry you (assuming the current spouse has no objections). You are awesome.??

Well, as long as your wedding dresses have the right number of godly and wholesome modesty panels, go for it!  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Aja said:

It’s not inconsistent that El Salvador is the country with the highest homicide rate and Caracas is the city. The violence in El Salvador could just be more diffuse, or Venezuela could be a very peaceful country outside of Caracas. It doesn’t really matter anyway. My point was Cathy might be a big whiny jerk, but she wasn’t wrong about El Salvador having a whole lot of murders. 

• Love 3

Oy Vey, the flame war on that feed!!!  It's hysterical .  Here's a sample of the flame war on Derek's most recent post:

Tater Tot Casserole

@sidehugsonly·

10m

Replying to @derickmdillard

Great. I'm seeking the truth in how all of these donations to your ministry have been spent!! I will not settle for anything less than the truth in this situation!!!! #IRONY

Derick Dillard

@derickmdillard

5m

Our donors know how the funds were used, and they understand the correct means to go about resolving any questions they may have. Just a hint... it’s not through Twitter.

(BOLDING MINE.) Oh Derek you won't win.  Give up, bro.

The photo Derek used on his Go Grift Me page looks like an American hiker with his sherpa. He couldn't have used a photo of him building a house, or digging a well?   Ohhhhh............

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

It’s not inconsistent that El Salvador is the country with the highest homicide rate and Caracas is the city. The violence in El Salvador could just be more diffuse, or Venezuela could be a very peaceful country outside of Caracas. It doesn’t really matter anyway. My point was Cathy might be a big whiny jerk, but she wasn’t wrong about El Salvador having a whole lot of murders. 

See, that's what happens when I try to think before coffee. I didn't realize the difference was highest CITY homicide rate vs highest COUNTRY homicide rate, which makes total sense, and isn't that hard to understand, except, of course, unless you are me and you try to understand it before you've had coffee. I really was just being incredibly thick, not challenging. Sorry. :)

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oy Vey, the flame war on that feed!!!  It's hysterical .  Here's a sample of the flame war on Derek's most recent post:

(BOLDING MINE.) Oh Derek you won't win.  Give up, bro.

The photo Derek used on his Go Grift Me page looks like an American hiker with his sherpa. He couldn't have used a photo of him building a house, or digging a well?   Ohhhhh............

Tater Tot Casserole (another one who needs to marry me) is not backing down:

"Our donors know how the funds were used, and they understand the correct means to go about resolving any questions they may have. Just a hint... it’s not through Twitter.

Tater Tot Casserole

@sidehugsonly

But yet, here you are begging for donations through twitter??! Also I have tried to contact you through your website with no response. How do expect (sane) people to donate to your "charity" without any proof that the money is going to actual charity work?"

• Love 6
20 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Ouiser Boudreaux, one of my very favorite movie characters ever!  I didn't ever watch Designing Women, but I know who you mean.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Interesting choice of words, to me, because I very much live in my own head. I always have, though it took me until well into adulthood before I was really able to identify and define that, and I rather hate it, because it does keep me from being "connected" with the world and other people in the same way that I feel "normal" people are. Maybe I have a toe into the autism spectrum or something, I don't really know. Had I been born in this day and age, I probably would have been diagnosed with something somewhere along the line, but that's neither here nor there. Point is that while I do have that tendency, I also recognize it, and try my best to at least act as though I'm more connected with the world than I might naturally feel, and follow the rules that empathetic and caring people follow because it seems important to be a decent person rather than a completely self-absorbed one.

I'm pretty much like that, too.  But I too try to be aware of others and how things affect them.

• Love 1

In addition to what @Marigold and @Churchhoney said about the Dillards living in their heads in regard to missionary work, its all about the romance and heroism, but in fairy-tale form. 

The Dillards have fantasies of being heroes by saving the world one person at a time - Stop. They fail to realize the hard work, planning, sacrifice and dedication a true missionary needs.  IMO, interpretive dance, pick-up basket games, unattended English spoken sermons and banana bread is not going to have a large impact. What was their plan beyond that? I'm guessing none, because the fail to recognize the reality of what needs to happen between Once upon a time and Happily ever after.

And one more thing, because I'm feeling extra snarky ... If Izzy donned a cape and tried to fly of the couch Derick would ramble out some Tweet of Izzy and how everything his kid does/thinks is wrong. Well, Derick how's your Fundy cape working for you?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 13

Poor little guy... I predict the runny-nosed picture will cause him great embarrassment in his later years.  (Of course, I'm the type of person who mops the noses of strange kids in the congregation when running nursery.  I'm good at mopping without getting my hands wet and containing the goop in a tissue.  The secret is a kind of circular-twirl-and-fold.)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ouiser Boudreaux, one of my very favorite movie characters ever!  I didn't ever watch Designing Women, but I know who you mean.

You must go to the prayer closet right now and watch the quintessential Julia Sugarbaker declaration.  She was magnificent.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Aja said:

See, that's what happens when I try to think before coffee. I didn't realize the difference was highest CITY homicide rate vs highest COUNTRY homicide rate, which makes total sense, and isn't that hard to understand, except, of course, unless you are me and you try to understand it before you've had coffee. I really was just being incredibly thick, not challenging. Sorry. :)

I get that. I have a two year old that hates to sleep. I don’t think I could even type my name before my second cup of coffee. ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I’m sorry for getting my stats wrong. 

#Sad

☺️

I’m sorry I mentioned it. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I have no doubt that 99.9 percent of what Cathy says is incorrect. I just thought it was interesting that she got something right for a change. 

• Love 3