Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Did anyone notice that Jill and Derick attend Cross Church and Jim Bob attends Kendra's father's church?  (I think the grammar is off in this sentence).

Guess Derick has to feel like he is an independent man sometimes. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Did anyone notice that Jill and Derick attend Cross Church and Jim Bob attends Kendra's father's church?  (I think the grammar is off in this sentence).

Guess Derick has to feel like he is an independent man sometimes. 

I think Cross Church was where Derick went before he hooked up with the Duggs, wasn't it? So where he's comfortable? 

And Cross Church is too big a pond for JB to feel like a blue whale in it. (plus SBC, of course. Which is so not a JB thing...)

I've read some stuff that suggests to me that Kendra's father's may be kind of a long-term acolyte of JB -- another somebody hoping to ride somewhere on the big man's [irony tab on] coattails. Plus, they both have had thwarted political ambitions. Two peas in a small pod. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think Cross Church was where Derick went before he hooked up with the Duggs, wasn't it? So where he's comfortable? 

And Cross Church is too big a pond for JB to feel like a blue whale in it. (plus SBC, of course. Which is so not a JB thing...)

I've read some stuff that suggests to me that Kendra's father's may be kind of a long-term acolyte of JB -- another somebody hoping to ride somewhere on the big man's [irony tab on] coattails. Plus, they both have had thwarted political ambitions. Two peas in a small pod. 

Cross Church was the original Duggar family church and was the church Grandma Mary always went to.  When Jim Bob started his home church, they stopped going.  Now that the home church has disbanded, most of the Duggars hang out with Pastor Caldwell.  Caldwell also makes appearances on the reality TV show.

Kendra's father, Pastor Caldwell, is another politician wanna-be, on the same anti gays/anti abortions platform of Jim Bob Duggar.  He was the guy that Josh Duggar endorsed for Arkansas State Representative in 2014. (He lost.)  He is the pastor of Lighthouse Baptist Church of Fayetteville.  His church has donated money to political candidates.  I thought churches weren't allowed to do that!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That expression of Izzy's is what a toddler should have. Not a care in the world. I bet Grandma let him finish her apple, eat warm food off dishes and kindly redirected him if he was getting into mischief, took his "I love yous" at face value and never once called him spoiled.

Just goes to show she hasn't spent enough time listening to Jim Bob and Michelle. 

Damn secular humanist. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Just goes to show she hasn't spent enough time listening to Jim Bob and Michelle. 

Damn secular humanist. 

Miss Cathy? Don't think so Churchie.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Nope. They still have to pay for the Bibles, so profit margin, people!!!  DONATE!!!

LOL, that reminds me of the movie Paper Moon, where Moses and Addie Pray sold bibles that they bought on the cheap for a huge profit!

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Cross Church was the original Duggar family church and was the church Grandma Mary always went to.  When Jim Bob started his home church, they stopped going.  Now that the home church has disbanded, most of the Duggars hang out with Pastor Caldwell.  Caldwell also makes appearances on the reality TV show.

Jim Bob and Michelle attended a small IFB church after Cross Church and before Jim Bob decided to home church.  I can't remember the name at the moment.  They may have gone to more than one IFB church during that time.

(edited)

96k?!?! Damn, that's about 3.5 years' worth of pay for me at two jobs. I need to find me a sub-par male headship with narrow views on the world and set up a blog, instagram, and non-profit charity so I can go see the world with plenty of money to squirrel away.  Unfortunately, I have a Bachelor's degree, live on my own, have "given my heart away" before, actually enjoy doing dirty work in service to others without expecting praise, and don't see Catholics as non-Christians.  Shoot.  

Eta: I also take care of my hair so it's not a long rat's nest.  

Edited by MaryAnneSpier
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

MaryAnne Spier, but have you give away PIECES (ofyourheart).  That's what we all want to know!

She gave away the first piece of her heart to Alex from New Jersey, and then there was Logan Bruno... the Duggar's would not approve.

How much do they have to live in their own deluded little bubbles to spend time in Danger America, and come home completely unchanged. You'd think some of their outlook and views would be different. It takes a lot of willful ignorance to avoid making anything you do into a learning experience.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

96k?!?! Damn, that's about 3.5 years' worth of pay for me at two jobs. I need to find me a sub-par male headship with narrow views on the world and set up a blog, instagram, and non-profit charity so I can go see the world with plenty of money to squirrel away.  Unfortunately, I have a Bachelor's degree, live on my own, have "given my heart away" before, actually enjoy doing dirty work in service to others without expecting praise, and don't see Catholics as non-Christians.  Shoot.  

Here's an idea of the pay

Of course Jill would have to get an undergrad degree, work as a nurse for a bit, then do a DNP program/residency and work as a CNM for awhile before she saw the real big bucks, but yeah, she could be well off and doing what she claims to love. (Sidebar: when's the last time she did something birth related? Used her medical things? That call from the lord kind fizzled. You know Jill, doctors and nurses work day in/ day out.)

But yeah, getting pseudocredentials then demanding strangers give you 8 grand a month for cowering from the world is much easier.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

(Sidebar: when's the last time she did something birth related? Used her medical things? That call from the lord kind fizzled. You know Jill, doctors and nurses work day in/ day out.)

I'm sure that she is practicing her skills right now on Anna, still trying to figure out how many heartbeats she can hear and how to tell which heart beat is the mother and which one is the baby.

0 0 1 cat.jpg

• Love 8

Jim Bob grew up a Southern Baptist (cross Church) and then switched to IFB at some point, right? 

So Jill is now a Southern Baptist at Cross Church with Derick? Funny they live next door to each other and attend different churches, ya know? Shows Jim Bob is loosing his grip just a tiny bit. 

JereME is non denominational something. 

Ben seems more like a Calvinist Reformed Baptist.  Which church do they attend?  Cross Church? 

The girls branched out quite a bit more than I thought they would.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

SLUT! Hussy! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Catfin said:

SLUT! Hussy! 

I know.  Satan made me do it. I talked with the Big Man Upstairs and he laid it on my heart that I need to focus on him.  So I've arranged a small lobotomy to take out all that fancy book-larnin' from the libruhl schools. Once that filth has been removed, I will be a suitable wife and God will see to it I find a godly husband to submit to.   

• Love 14

Why did Jill wear a long dress to the wedding?  Was she the Maid of honor?  If not, she should have hemmed her version with the doily attacking it. Now wait, maybe she couldn't afford to get hers hemmed, so DONATE BITCHES!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm sure she was Matron of Honor. After all, she's Joy's real mom. That's why she got the "special" dress. Anna looks to be about as far along (she doesn't carry as big as Jill), yet she's in regular bridesmaid garb.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

I noticed on Derrick's twitter it says he's the father to Israel David and Samuel Scott. Was that always there or is it a baby announcement?

I've never noticed it, so maybe she's given birth.  I like the name.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict retweeted this yesterday. Defensive much, Mr. Fundie? 

Aren't the Dillards ready to endure the slightest discomfort for Jesus? They can't do without AC, of $8k a month, or having their precious views questioned.

• Love 9

Conversation

Derick Dillard @derick4Him·5h

Amen.

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownOnAirA thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. Theodore Roosevelt

Mamba @peace2morrow

Replying to @derick4Him

Too bad your wife wasn't allowed an education, she was really into the whole midwife thing. Her close-minded family destroyed her dream.

I love Mama's response!

• Love 3

Chris Brown? Isn't he a rapper or something?

Derick, hun, let me tell you something. Get a fucking job, a REAL job. Quit scrounging off people. Take care of your son and your wife, who isn't capable of dealing with life outside the compound. Look into yourself to fix whatever is wrong with you. Get off social media completely, stop being an arse, stop feeling like a fucking victim because you AREN'T,  stop ranting "Christian" pseudo fakery because you feel you're a special snowflake.

Get a fucking life!

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Derick, hun, let me tell you something. Get a fucking job, a REAL job. Quit scrounging off people. Take care of your son and your wife, who isn't capable of dealing with life outside the compound. Look into yourself to fix whatever is wrong with you. Get off social media completely, stop being an arse, stop feeling like a fucking victim because you AREN'T,  stop ranting "Christian" pseudo fakery because you feel you're a special snowflake.

Get a fucking life!

But, in the meantime ... DONATE!

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

So.... Samuel is here.  Nice name.

Is he? Or are we speculating? Yes, that is a pretty good name. Wonder where the "Scott" came from? Is there anyone in the family by that name?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is he? Or are we speculating? Yes, that is a pretty good name. Wonder where the "Scott" came from? Is there anyone in the family by that name?

Speculation here.  Seems weird to me to put out the baby's name before he arrives but this is Derick we're talking about.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Get a fucking life!

Like x 10000

ETA-STFU Derwood, Aka Derrick.  Someone up thread called him Derwood and I'm stealing it.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7

TLC FB post today announcing the name, saying he's not here yet. Using tbat horrific pic of D wreck in the cowboy hat and Jill showing the toddler sized non matching outfit. 

That's kind of weird. Why announce the name when the kid isn't even here yet? Although I will admit I like Samuel Scott. I'm happy neither Jill nor Jessa is doing a single letter theme a la Michelle and Anna.

• Love 6

Well, if they're hoping for the People cover, it appears George and Amal have got that sewed up.  If Jill knows what side her bread is buttered, she will keep her knees together for a couple of weeks until the Clooney twins' excitement has died down.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Do you think Derrick understands the concept of irony? 

Understands? He probably can't even spell it.

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ooh ooh let me answer you Derick. Well seeing that you dorks stay up all night because none of you have gainful employment I'm thinking you sloths will arise from your slumber around 1:00 pm.

• Love 6