Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I seem to recall Jessa and Ben -- don't really know about the rest of Duggardom -- having the view (natch) that all people are evil sinners and so everybody deserves everything bad that happens to them. .... I remember them posting something once that went sort of like -- "'Why do bad things happen to good people?' 'It only happened once. And He volunteered.'"

I don't go to church often anymore. That being said, if I remember correctly, He didn't volunteer either. He was put on this Earth for the reason of dying on the cross.

Maybe they haven't gotten that far in their Bible yet.

I am not quite through the thread so this may have been already discussed.

• Love 4
Slightly O/t but isn't El Salvador heavily Catholic? How will the church handle the government's caution to women to avoid getting pregnant?

The Catholic Church highly encourages Natural family planning - i.e. refrain from sex when you're at your most fertile.  While in practice this doesn't 100% prevent pregnancy and a LOT of Catholics use contraception, in theory Natural Family Planning alows you to delay pregnancy for various reasons, and the Church is A-OK with that. In fact most Catholic marriage/family resources specifically say "don't have children unless you're emotionally, physically, financially and spiritually able to care for them." 

So Jill and her breeding for Jesus is just as foreign to most (sensible) Catholics as it is to people of no faith.

• Love 13

The Catholic Church highly encourages Natural family planning - i.e. refrain from sex when you're at your most fertile.  While in practice this doesn't 100% prevent pregnancy and a LOT of Catholics use contraception, in theory Natural Family Planning alows you to delay pregnancy for various reasons, and the Church is A-OK with that. In fact most Catholic marriage/family resources specifically say "don't have children unless you're emotionally, physically, financially and spiritually able to care for them." 

So Jill and her breeding for Jesus is just as foreign to most (sensible) Catholics as it is to people of no faith.

Thank you! This Gothard stuff is just so weird. Gothard must have a major fetish for pregnant women or he hates women so much that he want them to ruin their bodies or die in childbirth. He is such a creepy a hole.

Anyway I am sure Jerick MUST have heard about ZIka. So if they chose to get pregnant down there they truly are the dumbest people on the planet. I hope Cathy is trying to talk some sense into them. She can't possibly think that they should stay down there and pretend to be missionaries. God's will is not an excuse to live irresponsibly which is what the Duggars seem to do...

• Love 5

I read last night that 70% of women in El Salvador use birth control, most commonly sterilization and injectable contraceptives, because pills are hard to come by. Too bad the men aren't getting snipped instead. And yeah, I grew up Catholic and most Catholics do use birth control.

"The result is that, as of 2008, around 73 percent of El Salvadorian women used some form of birth control. Female sterilization is by far the most common method: close to 40 percent of the country’s women opt for this more permanent solution. Less than 10 percent of El Salvador uses temporary forms of contraception like condoms and the Pill, likely due to high cost and little access. The remaining women use longer-acting, injectable birth control methods."

from http://www.vocativ.com/news/275592/el-salvador-pregnancy-ban/

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3

Anyway I am sure Jerick MUST have heard about ZIka. So if they chose to get pregnant down there they truly are the dumbest people on the planet. I hope Cathy is trying to talk some sense into them. She can't possibly think that they should stay down there and pretend to be missionaries. God's will is not an excuse to live irresponsibly which is what the Duggars seem to do...

But there are cases of Zika in Arkansas too now. The mosquitos that carry it are in most of the Americas except for the far north and some of the midwest United States. So it really doesn't matter whether she conceives her next child in CA or in Arkansas, she'll have to pay attention for signs of the virus and use insect repellent.

• Love 1

I hope Cathy is trying to talk some sense into them. She can't possibly think that they should stay down there and pretend to be missionaries. God's will is not an excuse to live irresponsibly which is what the Duggars seem to do...

If Miz Cathy ever purposed to discourage Dill and Derick from having "hey hey hey" time, Dill, the family tattletale, would rat her out to Boob. I'm guessing Miz Cathy would be the recipient of multiple calls from Boob, who would lay it on her heart that Dill should always be knocked up with a blessing (virus be damned). Boob's oldest child is an epic fail, so it's in his best interest to ensure that Dill & Blessa are "hey hey hey'ing" with Derick and Bin on the reg.

Edited by egilsdottir
  • Love 5

The virus isn't being spread in the US (yet, anyway) because for instance it's too cold for mosquitos here at the moment. The people who have tested positive for the virus caught it elsewhere.

But yeah, it'll almost certainly get here sooner or later.

Heck, maybe she's going to get exposed now when she's not pregnant (hopefully), so she'll be immune to it in the future. Although that would require planning skills that our Jilly doesn't have.

Edited by Fosca
  • Love 2

The reservoir is currently unknown, but it's thought to be some sort of simian or rodent. The risk is probably overblown, tropical diseases don't fare well in areas that have snow and frosts such as Duggartown.

• Love 3

If Miz Cathy ever purposed to discourage Dill and Derick from having "hey hey hey" time, Dill, the family tattletale, would rat her out to Boob. I'm guessing Miz Cathy would be the recipient of multiple calls from Boob, who would lay it on her heart that Dill should always be knocked up with a blessing (virus be damned). Boob's oldest child is an epic fail, so it's in his best interest to ensure that Dill & Blessa are "hey hey hey'ing" with Derick and Bin on the reg.

One can only imagine the phone call between Cathy Dillard and Jim Boob Duggar. First of all, she's not his property. She's married to someone else, who's already shown his repugnance for the Duggars' dog and pony show. Cathy also owns a business and can be surmised to have enough money and freedom to tell Jim Boob it's none of his business what she discusses with her son and daughter-in-law.

I wonder how uncomfortable all contacts between these two families are.

• Love 3

Coming home now would probably be the one time everyone gives them a pass for abandoning their fake mission. It wouldn't surprise me if they're too dumb to see this as their golden opportunity to get out of Dodge.

This is true, unless as some have speculated they've got 'other' reasons for staying out of the country.

• Love 1

Coming home now would probably be the one time everyone gives them a pass for abandoning their fake mission. It wouldn't surprise me if they're too dumb to see this as their golden opportunity to get out of Dodge.

It would also let them keep all the money.

I picture Jill sitting in rooms full of women, all feverishly talking about the Zika virus in Spanish, how to prevent it, what it does, etc, just blankly nodding along. "Si, uhhh, si. Gracias. Jesus. Si. Adios."

• Love 9

If Jill & Derick do stay, and she is, or does become pregnant, then they are bigger hypocrites then ever. They are all about anti-abortion and anti-birth control and pro "blessings". Staying in a country that one is visiting, where Zika is a known risk to a developing fetus and becoming or being pregnant doesn't sound smart nor pro blessing to me.

It is a double risk, because they are now telling men who have traveled to Zika risk areas to use a condom for at least a month after returning home because the virus is showing up in semen. So Derick could infect Jill as well.

What mental gymnastics they must being doing to have to realize that folks who have no 'sexual history' might infect their spouse with a virus during sex.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

If Jill & Derick do stay, and she is, or does become pregnant, then they are bigger hypocrites then ever. They are all about anti-abortion and anti-birth control and pro "blessings". Staying in a country that one is visiting, where Zika is a known risk to a developing fetus and becoming or being pregnant doesn't sound smart nor pro blessing to me.

It is a double risk, because they are now telling men who have traveled to Zika risk areas to use a condom for at least a month after returning home because the virus is showing up in semen. So Derick could infect Jill as well.

What mental gymnastics they must being doing to have to realize that folks who have no 'sexual history' might infect their spouse with a virus during sex.

See how Jesus is showing that those Catholic nations are a curse to us all!

It's a sign that we must convert them before their ruin spreads to 'Mur'ca!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I don't go to church often anymore. That being said, if I remember correctly, He didn't volunteer either. He was put on this Earth for the reason of dying on the cross.

Maybe they haven't gotten that far in their Bible yet.

I am not quite through the thread so this may have been already discussed.

No, you win this one for sure.  "Lord, Lord, take this cup from me."  Sweating blood.  Agony of Gethsemane.  

We and theologians could have, and probably some have had, a long debate as to how much time Christ would have spent in a holy-minded daze and how much time he spent worrying about the bodily events of puberty et al., but that's the whole point.  He agreed theoretically, as an evanescent heavenly aspect.  Then suffered most of the joys and agonies of life.  Surely must have had chunks of time - sickness, hunger - where he thought, "Dad, you thought this would be fun for anyone?"

• Love 5

There's a reported case of the Zika (?) virus in Arkansas. Are we taking bets if it's Jill or one of their ilk?

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/health/2016/01/26/first-case-zika-virus-reported-arkansas/79348014/

I don't know but didn't someone mention a  little while back that they thought  Derilick looked like he had an eye infection or something wrong with his eye in a recent pic?  This would not be a blessing for them.

I can't wait until she squirts out her next one and can read the Doctorate level thesis' on whether or not her child has that virus. 

Jill can read?

I don't know but didn't someone mention a  little while back that they thought  Derilick looked like he had an eye infection or something wrong with his eye in a recent pic?  This would not be a blessing for them.

Jill can read?

OMG, your right Derick has looked ill and Izzy has had a few noticeable bug bites too.  (Derick has a lazy eye that appears to get lazier the more run down he is)

• Love 3

Just for fun I put Derick Dillard's name in an anagram generator site.  Funny stuff.  Dick. Ill. Killer.  Just funny.

The once was a man named Dick. He was very ill and purposed his life to killing folk's souls.

• Love 1

As far as her (Jill) return, there’s been a lot of speculation that she’s back in Arkansas with her family, either due to the Zika virus (which may be a concern for pregnant women) or simply for her return to television.

The Duggar Family Official Facebook page has helped fuel this speculation by sharing photos of Jill and Derrick with Josh Duggar’s daughter Mackenzie — who the family announced, back in the Jill and Jessa: Counting On specials last month, was living in the Jim Bob Duggar home.

There’s an interesting coincidence, by the way, in the date on that photo. Though there’s no assurance it’s the date the photo was taken, only the date it was uploaded to Facebook, it coincides neatly with the first case of Zika virus in Arkansas, according to Scientific American. That case was reported the same day, January 26, in a patient who brought it back to Arkansas from an undisclosed location in Central America. This doesn’t confirm that Jill is pregnant, has the Zika virus, or returned to Arkansas on that date, but it does line up.

One thing we do know is that officials at TLC have the Zika virus on their minds. Their website is hosting an article on the dangers, including specific references to the risks to pregnant women in Central America, and the network has tweeted about it.

From the Inquisitr link above.

As far as her (Jill) return, there’s been a lot of speculation that she’s back in Arkansas with her family, either due to the Zika virus (which may be a concern for pregnant women) or simply for her return to television.

The Duggar Family Official Facebook page has helped fuel this speculation by sharing photos of Jill and Derrick with Josh Duggar’s daughter Mackenzie — who the family announced, back in the Jill and Jessa: Counting On specials last month, was living in the Jim Bob Duggar home.

There’s an interesting coincidence, by the way, in the date on that photo. Though there’s no assurance it’s the date the photo was taken, only the date it was uploaded to Facebook, it coincides neatly with the first case of Zika virus in Arkansas, according to Scientific American. That case was reported the same day, January 26, in a patient who brought it back to Arkansas from an undisclosed location in Central America. This doesn’t confirm that Jill is pregnant, has the Zika virus, or returned to Arkansas on that date, but it does line up.

One thing we do know is that officials at TLC have the Zika virus on their minds. Their website is hosting an article on the dangers, including specific references to the risks to pregnant women in Central America, and the network has tweeted about it.

From the Inquisitr link above.

• Love 1

The pic with Mackynzie is from before they left this last time. Remember, they posted this and a couple pics with Anna. 

I don't think we can deny that TLC is bringing the show back. Why else interview all those boring ass Duggar boys (Ben included)? Riveting TV right there. 

• Love 3

Pickles is reporting that Jill is back home and filming for TLC.

What in the world can they be filming, especially if the missioncationers are back in the U.S.?

Seems that in the past couple years they just stretched out two cheap-ass, slapped-together weddings and two couples not actually dating into two "seasons" of the show. And even with all that "activity" they had to be excruciatingly boring. In the Jessa-focused season, I tried to actually watch the show for the first time and couldn't make it through 20 minutes, even though I was on my computer at the same time. And that was one of the seasons that supposedly had something going on and that apparently encouraged them to continue the show. I swear that in that under-20-minutes-including-commercials they actually repeated some of the incredibly boring talking heads.

Unless there's some new lurve in the picture, I can't imagine what on earth they think they could make a "season" out of now. Are they going to send them abroad again? Joseph isn't in college any more, so that's out, and that was going to be one story line of the next "season," clearly. And they obviously were going to focus on the Josiah/Marjorie non-dating cum cheap-ass wedding, but that's kaput too. It seems a little too soon for the next round of pregnancies.

I almost said that I don't think even leghumpers want to watch too many more rounds of pregnancies, but then I remembered the leghumpers and I suppose they would want to watch them.

Probably too soon for pregnancies, though, and I don't think a treehouse is going to make a season. Unless at least one more of the kids is actually courting, I don't see how they get a season unless they focus on the return of Josh -- and the accompanying Smuggar pregnancy -- really. But would they actually do that? And even with Josh, I don't see how it can't be even more boring than before and basically content-free, since the Duggs wouldn't allow anything in front of the cameras except Josh having been rewashed, rinsed and dried in the blood of the lamb and now behaving as the model husband. So it would be nothing but phony baloney nothingness, since the Smugs, like the rest of them, don't actually do anything.

Maybe just a lot of shots of Izzie and the rest of the new batch of young kids crawling around? I suppose that's somewhat of a return to what fascinated people in the old days. But since the new kids don't all live in the same household, it still doesn't have the hook of the old show. Jill and Derick are only "coping" with one kid, and ditto for Jessa and Ben.

The focus on Jill and Derick as missionaries seemed to be at the heart of "counting on." Had to be, since Jessa and Bin don't do anything at all. But without the mission, Jill and Derick don't do anything either. I don't think they'd want to film much of Derick's quest for an actual new job stateside. Baffling. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

What in the world can they be filming, especially if the missioncationers are back in the U.S.?

Seems that in the past couple years they just stretched out two cheap-ass, slapped-together weddings and two couples not actually dating into two "seasons" of the show. And even with all that "activity" they had to be excruciatingly boring. In the Jessa-focused season, I tried to actually watch the show for the first time and couldn't make it through 20 minutes, even though I was on my computer at the same time. And that was one of the seasons that supposedly had something going on and that apparently encouraged them to continue the show. I swear that in that under-20-minutes-including-commercials they actually repeated some of the incredibly boring talking heads.

Unless there's some new lurve in the picture, I can't imagine what on earth they think they could make a "season" out of now. Are they going to send them abroad again? Joseph isn't in college any more, so that's out, and that was going to be one story line of the next "season," clearly. And they obviously were going to focus on the Josiah/Marjorie non-dating cum cheap-ass wedding, but that's kaput too. It seems a little too soon for the next round of pregnancies.

I almost said that I don't think even leghumpers want to watch too many more rounds of pregnancies, but then I remembered the leghumpers and I suppose they would want to watch them.

Probably too soon for pregnancies, though, and I don't think a treehouse is going to make a season. Unless at least one more of the kids is actually courting, I don't see how they get a season unless they focus on the return of Josh -- and the accompanying Smuggar pregnancy -- really. But would they actually do that? And even with Josh, I don't see how it can't be even more boring than before and basically content-free, since the Duggs wouldn't allow anything in front of the cameras except Josh having been rewashed, rinsed and dried in the blood of the lamb and now behaving as the model husband. So it would be nothing but phony baloney nothingness, since the Smugs, like the rest of them, don't actually do anything. Maybe just a lot of shots of the new batch of young kids crawling around? I suppose that's somewhat of a return to what fascinated people in the old days. But since the new kids don't all live in the same household, it still doesn't have the hook of the old show. 

Maybe, just maybe, Jana & Jinger are courting, and the only reason Jill is back is because of Zika, If not, then I guess it will be back to watching Josie the Miracle Licker and Jana holding babies.

• Love 1

One of the commentors in the article said the picture was from the day of Benessa's baby shower, Oct 2015.

How does rent and lease on their CA apartment work? Is it monthly or paid up for a certain amount of time? For example, Is it paid up for 6 months so they can come &go as they please? I'm glad it's not my hard earned money going to pay the rent on a place when they're not even there. Does anyone know?

Adding - I'm sure the virus will be their excuse for coming back, even if it really wasn't. I know that sounds mean but I'm glad they are back mainly for Izzy's & his future siblings sake. I'm sure Cathy is glad.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1

TLC might as well finally just drop all pretense of showing us the 'reality' of Life in the Duggar Dome and just go all Puppy Bowl, filming Duggar babies rolling over, crawling, toddling around.

...Just putting it out there, I might watch this.  Someone should try BabyTV for the baby-hungry.

• Love 2

TLC has already been advertising a new show Rattled, about first time parents and their newborns. And it seems like most of their other shows feature families that are having babies or adopting. The fundy angle is the only thing distinguishing the Duggers now. All the network needs is one new monster hit and they can dump them.

• Love 2

TLC used to have a show called "A Baby Story" and after than some show about the first few days at home.  They have covered babies I think.  They also had "A Wedding Story".  My daughter in law and I watched and our favorite "A Wedding Story" was a couple where the bride looked "rode hard and put up wet" if you get my drift and the groom was wearing lederhosen and they were making food for the wedding which was cubes of yellow cheese and a toothpick and he tried to give her a kiss and she put her hand out and said "save it for later".  Anyway, we were hooting over that.  Maybe had to be there.

• Love 5

I guarantee 90% of the couples featured on Wedding Story are divorced right now. Most of the brides were insufferable.

I'm wondering how to interpret the radio silence from Jill and Derick. If they came home, why not say so? It doesn't take a genius to figure out they're not likely still in Central America.

• Love 2

I guarantee 90% of the couples featured on Wedding Story are divorced right now. Most of the brides were insufferable.

I'm wondering how to interpret the radio silence from Jill and Derick. If they came home, why not say so? It doesn't take a genius to figure out they're not likely still in Central America.

Guessing that they are building drama to the next special episode.

• Love 2

TLC used to have a show called "A Baby Story" and after than some show about the first few days at home.  They have covered babies I think.  They also had "A Wedding Story".  My daughter in law and I watched and our favorite "A Wedding Story" was a couple where the bride looked "rode hard and put up wet" if you get my drift and the groom was wearing lederhosen and they were making food for the wedding which was cubes of yellow cheese and a toothpick and he tried to give her a kiss and she put her hand out and said "save it for later".  Anyway, we were hooting over that.  Maybe had to be there.

The A Baby Story series all seemed very predictable to me. But I loved I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I've watched each episode at least 3 times. Are there any new ones?

• Love 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBQ8Rl_rs1O/

The Big White Baby makes friends with a local!

Do they want us to think they are not back in NW Arkansas?

I am not convinced that they're back; that lady's interview with Jill could have been via Skype. That said, if they're not back now, they'll be back before Valentine's Day.

But if they are back now, and have been for the last couple of weeks, horrible deflection to keep the humpers donating to what is likely going to be a defunct cause. Once they come home, I doubt they're going back again. These two just cannot live independently. Derick might have been able to at one time, but he's so Duggarized that he's TOTALLY lost his way in the world. 

Good luck getting a real job once filming stops, buddy.

• Love 4

How are they going to be Fake Missionaries in Arkansas?????

Are they done being fake missionaries?

That was so quick! I thought they were gonna pretend for at least another year or two. They are NOT getting missionary street cred for only a few months. Fake missionary failure so soon?

It must be a vacation from the mission field. You guys, being a fake missionary is hard work. They clearly need a break.

• Love 4