Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

And someone who is now in a very small family of three, a wife who may be unhappy, a full time job, a mother who is ill, and a very adult life with responsibilities that dropped on him very very quickly.

• Love 1

And someone who is now in a very small family of three, a wife who may be unhappy, a full time job, a mother who is ill, and a very adult life with responsibilities that dropped on him very very quickly.

Not to mention a major bombshell that his wife was abused or knew of abuse perpetrated by her own brother.

• Love 2

Well, according to Dr. Muffy herself, she told him to stitch her up real good (fortunate that Jill was alert about that, because otherwise he might have just done a half-assed job of it) 

Some do, unfortunately, so good of her to be on top of it!

I hope they are allowed to have sex during pregnancy.  Otherwise, Derick and Jill have had sex for like one week of their marriage and that's it?! 

That's what I was wondering!  And then waiting after birth for a while.  I feel bad for derick in that regard!  

And with her questionable midwife training, she might not even know the clitoris exists.

Thankfully, CPM training is pretty detailed about female anatomy and how it works, so I think Jill is all set when it comes to stuff like this :-)

Totally agree. And someone who swallowed their perfectly polished image and propaganda hook, line, and sinker. It was very easy to be handed the perfect life.

Wow, wow, wow.  Heavy duty thoughts.  I'm reeling just thinking about all this and what a bombshell it must be for all of the spouses, in laws, and extended family.  I can't imagine how they're feeling right now.  It did all look so perfect for Derick a short time ago....the famous inlaws, beauitiful, adoring, dutiful, fertile wife, free mansion.  now his mom is seriously ill, probably hasn't had too much satisfying physical contact in a while, toiling away at Walmart, the realities of exhaustion with a new baby, his wife being isolated and probably very dependent on him, and now this abuse scandal.  I'd say it's a recipe for serious depression.

I'm watching Jill/Derek Nepal, since TLC is apparently pretending Josh never existed and has tweaked tonight's lineup, and some of the most genuine feeling I get from her is when she is talking about midwifery. It makes me so sad for her that she thinks that she has to give that up while she's a mother. For all her faults, she really seems to love it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm going to repeat what I said in the Josh/Anna thread regarding the bomb that went off in Duggarland today. 

They had better not refer to Jill as "the Snitch" ever again. Now we know that one older daughter avoided the abuse. My suspicions are that it was Jill, not Jana,  She would be the one to run to their parents and maybe that's exactly what she did. If that's the case, she should be commended for doing it, not labeled in a derogatory, sarcastic or teasing fashion by her siblings.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 16

Why are we assuming Derrick's mom is seriously ill, did I miss something? I thought she was recovering well from her cancer treatments. Not 100% yet, but I thought it's implied she'd going to live, and rebound well. Though yes, she was really sick for awhile.

• Love 2

In the previews of next year's show (if there is one, all things considered) JB is talking to Derick and Jill about some decision that they have made.  I got the impression that it was serious...moving away perhaps?  Any speculation?

In the previews of next year's show (if there is one, all things considered) JB is talking to Derick and Jill about some decision that they have made.  I got the impression that it was serious...moving away perhaps?  Any speculation?

Moving away, a new job, a mission where a child can go... anyone think Derick wants to get Jill out of Ak?

• Love 2

I think after all this, anywhere away would be a good idea for the Dillards. It would be very difficult for them, but I feel a new start away from the madness, learning to rely on themselves would be beneficial. Would also give them time and space to sort out what sort of life THEY want, and what sort of lives they want their children to have.

• Love 6

I think after all this, anywhere away would be a good idea for the Dillards. It would be very difficult for them, but I feel a new start away from the madness, learning to rely on themselves would be beneficial. Would also give them time and space to sort out what sort of life THEY want, and what sort of lives they want their children to have.

Maybe they need to load up that camper and head to Alaska.  They could catch up with that crazy Alaskan Wilderness family and have a big time together.  There's lots of boys in that family who need wimin! 

• Love 2

Moving away, a new job, a mission where a child can go

My guess is Nepal. Now that Cathy's health has improved, I can see them taking off for a couple of years. Derick obviously loved his time there, and Jill seemed to enjoy it as well. Or maybe, given the earthquakes and the devastation and the fact that they now have Iz, they'll go elsewhere. But my guess is a mission.

Run like the wind, kids, and take good care of each other.

• Love 9

The chalk board picture struck me as odd. 

I could see her posting a picture of Izzy next to the chalk board with his age, but it's not really a picture of the baby -- it's a picture of Jill holding a baby. That full length pose made sense when she was pregnant because she wanted to show off her baby bump, but now she has an actual baby, so why not show him instead?

https://instagram.com/p/2qa8nSrs_0/?taken-by=jillmdillard

This was a political statement

Pregnancy = baby

The way she is holding him fits the shape of her baby bump

Let's not make this complicated.  It's a Pinterest thing.  We all know how Jill loves her pinterest. 

• Love 3

LOL, I don't think Derick is trying to get Jill out of Alaska. :)  Arkansas is AR.  I wonder how much mail the post office has to divert every year.

You are so right. And my Dad was born in AR. LOL.

He just got braces - he's not leaving his orthodontist

That's true, he'd need to get them tightened every month. The most might be they want to move out of town, maybe Jill is going to continue her midwife training and get a job (ha...)

(edited)

I wonder if Jill told Derick about this incident (before the actual news broke) and then Derick decided that they were going to get the hell out of dodge and away from the family. Maybe they won't go far, but far enough away to discourage Duggars from stopping by. If you watch that clip where they tell the family their news, Joy looks miserable.

Edited by lottiedottie
  • Love 1

My guess is Nepal. Now that Cathy's health has improved, I can see them taking off for a couple of years. Derick obviously loved his time there, and Jill seemed to enjoy it as well. Or maybe, given the earthquakes and the devastation and the fact that they now have Iz, they'll go elsewhere. But my guess is a mission.

Run like the wind, kids, and take good care of each other.

What's weird is that we don't know about it. They've already filmed it, so it's already happened and it hasn't been in People ;) 

• Love 3

What's weird is that we don't know about it. They've already filmed it, so it's already happened and it hasn't been in People ;) 

As far as we know, they only filmed Jill& Derick telling the family something--I would think they were announcing some "future" plan to do something.

Do we know when the new season would be set to air? I feel like if this scandal hadn't broken, we'd probably find out Jill and Derick's plans before the season aired because TLC can't keep up with reality anyway.

(edited)

Maybe its just them buying that mansion from JB.They always play for the suspense factor. OR moving to a place closer to Derricks work or maybe his Mom. Leave the mansion for Smuggs and his brood to hide in now.

Edited by MarysWetBar
(edited)

I also wonder if Jill told Derick or he found out the shocking way?

I don't think she told him before or after they were married. I think the family was tipped off that the shit was about to hit the fan and Jill likely told Derick shortly before they taped the big group interview.

I was just on Instagram and Jill looks really pretty in the pic she posted of her and Jessa, but some of the comments are disturbing. I don't have an issue with people posting messages of support but berating the family for their religious hypocrisy and voicing their opinions on Josh is inappropriate, IMO. Jill is a victim here, not the offender. I can't believe their social media is still up and running with all this going on.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

I was just on Instagram and Jill looks really pretty in the pic she posted of her and Jessa, but some of the comments are disturbing. I don't have an issue with people posting messages of support but berating the family for their religious hypocrisy and voicing their opinions on Josh is inappropriate, IMO. Jill is a victim here, not the offender. I can't believe their social media is still up and running with all this going on.

Speaking of that picture, I wonder if it's older and not taken at the time it  was posted. Thinking about it, Jessa was very thin and her chin was very prominent immediately before and after the wedding, though has gained weight because of the pregnancy. Although I guess I hope it's recent, since it seems they're getting together for mutual support. I wonder if maybe Jill posted it hoping for support and/or to gauge how the public is viewing the Duggar girls right now? Or I'm probably WAY overthinking it.

(This is the picture in question, by the way)

EarlGrey, I can't tell because in some of Jessa's pregnancy pics she looks swollen and puffy while in others she looks normal. I do notice Jill appears much more well rested than she has in the last two months, so you could make an argument either way.

• Love 1

EarlGrey, I can't tell because in some of Jessa's pregnancy pics she looks swollen and puffy while in others she looks normal. I do notice Jill appears much more well rested than she has in the last two months, so you could make an argument either way.

I know celebs can schedule tweets, but I don't know that Instagram has that option. If so, perhaps the post was already queued before all this broke and Jill forgot to delete it.

Either way, I'm pretty surprised the Duggars' social media is still up, including Josh. Not that Jill or Jessa should have to delete their Instagrams at ALL, but when scandals like this break out, social media accounts are the first thing to go until the story dies down and they're quietly brought back.

I know celebs can schedule tweets, but I don't know that Instagram has that option. If so, perhaps the post was already queued before all this broke and Jill forgot to delete it.

Anyone, even us normal people, can schedule Tweets, instagrams, and other social media, with social media tools like Hootsuite ($17/month).

• Love 1

I was just on Instagram and Jill looks really pretty in the pic she posted of her and Jessa, but some of the comments are disturbing. I don't have an issue with people posting messages of support but berating the family for their religious hypocrisy and voicing their opinions on Josh is inappropriate, IMO. Jill is a victim here, not the offender.

Unfortunately I think protecting victims' identities is going to be a double-edged sword here. A lot of the Instagram comments are horrible, as was Montel Williams calling the whole family slime. But most people aren't going to read any further than the headlines, or a quick blurb. You actually have to do a little digging to discover who the victims are. And while that deservedly protects the girls on one hand, it inadvertently allows people to paint the whole family with one ugly brush.

• Love 2

Now we know why the step-father appeared to hold the family in contempt. I'll bet Jill "confessed" to her "immorality" and for being a "snitch" prior to the marriage.

It's what they're brought up to believe.

LOL, I don't think Derick is trying to get Jill out of Alaska. :)  Arkansas is AR.  I wonder how much mail the post office has to divert every year.  

Not to mention the further complication of Alabama.

AL? AK? AR? ARGH.

• Love 2
(edited)

The sad thing is anyone who's followed the show for a while and knows time frames, ages and the kids' personalities can easily deduce who the victims were just by the details of the police report. The redactions really didn't protect these girls at all. I don't believe Jill told Derick or the Dillards about this until she was absolutely forced to. I like my in-laws and all but I wouldn't divulge that kind of sensitive information to them, especially if it involved several of my siblings. She and Derick don't even seem to have a significant level of comfort with each other yet even though they're married with a child, I'm sure it was hard to finally admit what had happened.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Not to mention the further complication of Alabama.

AL? AK? AR? ARGH.

Well, and if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure the Duggars struggle with that too!!! The M's give me trouble too. MS, MO, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN .....and I left off Montana because I can't remember it!

• Love 1

I don't think Jill said anything either. And if, as it turns out, she was the one who wasn't molested, she may have felt she had nothing to "confess."

I almost feel like Derick will quit his job. He hasn't been there that long, and has had a LOT of time off. This may prove to be a distraction too much to get past.

I agree.  Furthermore, I'm sure there is a lot of resentment within his department with how much time he has been given off for this or that.  While he is a corporate employee and not in retail, their vacation policies do not differ much. 

• Love 1

Why on earth would Derick quit NOW when the gravy train might have come to a screeching halt? If they were planning to go on a mission or something, you know that he's begging to keep whatever security he has. It might be what he and Jill have to live on permanently.

(And again, I'm not seeing that he takes off more than anyone else.)

• Love 4

Yeah, Derick quitting his job NOW makes no sense. If he'd quit before because of filming and whatnot, fine. But now that the show's future is uncertain, as well as the future of the Duggar empire, he needs to keep that job. And maybe make a little on the side to balance Boob's checkbook now that their income will be a little tighter without the show.

• Love 1

I agree.  Furthermore, I'm sure there is a lot of resentment within his department with how much time he has been given off for this or that.  While he is a corporate employee and not in retail, their vacation policies do not differ much.

We don't know how much time Derick does or doesn't take off from work; nor do we know what his colleagues think of him. At least, I don't.

• Love 6

Derrick went back to work faster than we all thought he would. He may have known what was coming down the pipe. I have a lot of sympathy for him. I'm 100% certain he didn't know anything before the marriage, but now he'll have to suffer through the paparazzi, the coworkers looks, etc. Really not fair. I think he loves Jill, but this is a huge strain on a very young marriage. He has a pre-Duggar personality and family to snap back to. Jill doesn't. That's going to be a tough thing to reconcile.

I'm hoping Jill will learn THIS is why you get an education and job, and become a self-sufficient adult.

I also hope an inevitable second pregnancy doesn't come for a long time.

• Love 7

So if the show has been pulled of TLC's lineup, will we ever know what Jill and Derrick's big announcement is? I predict nothing more than a mission trip, or leaving Walmart to go into fulltime ministry, but that's about it. Too soon for another pregnancy.

I figured it was to do a year long mission or something. Now, either Derick is either begging to keep his job, or being thousands of miles away is the best idea ever. Both have pros and cons....

• Love 1

Hopefully Derick's co-workers have enough tact to let him be and not go looking for salacious gossip. It's probably in his best interests to stay put, bank his money and purchase a house so he can get out from under Boob's thumb. They won't be living McMansion-style, but they should be able to afford a modest starter home.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, and if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure the Duggars struggle with that too!!! The M's give me trouble too. MS, MO, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN .....and I left off Montana because I can't remember it!

Montana is MT.

In other replies... If Derrick has any kind of smarts left, not only will he hold on to that job, he will stop taking all that time off.  The reflected glory of being a Duggar son-in-law probably isn't that bright this week.

As for resuming his mission work, taking a newborn and a wife who will probably be pregnant again before the end of this calendar year, AND who had a very complicated, probably risky, first delivery, would be appalling.  [snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
possibly inflammatory bit snipped
  • Love 3

While I would agree that mission work is appalling in and of itself, I vehemently disagree that it's appalling to bring women and children to other countries.  TOther countries have women and children who manage to survive each and every day, other countries have doctors and midwives.  Xenophobia is the appalling thing, not traveling.  

• Love 5

While I would agree that mission work is appalling in and of itself, I vehemently disagree that it's appalling to bring women and children to other countries.  TOther countries have women and children who manage to survive each and every day, other countries have doctors and midwives.  Xenophobia is the appalling thing, not traveling.  

I don't think that other countries are intrinsically more unsafe than the US. I do wonder if taking a pregnant woman or a newborn to a place where the mother's immune system hasn't had time to build up resistance to the local microbes is a good idea.

I don't think that other countries are intrinsically more unsafe than the US. I do wonder if taking a pregnant woman or a newborn to a place where the mother's immune system hasn't had time to build up resistance to the local microbes is a good idea.

Doctors and pediatricians offer advice on staying well when traveling abroad.  For example, precautions to take with new water sources or a different vaccine schedule.  Unless there are mitigating health factors, there really isn't any reason to advise women and children to not travel abroad.