Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

#covidfood may be a hashtag fail for the ages. I just can't with that.

On Instagram there are over 1,000 #covidfood posts.  Not my choice for a hashtag, but it is right on trend.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • Useful 6

I think hot turkey sandwiches are more #thanksgivingleftovers. To me #covidfood is either figuring out how to make a package of ramen, a can of corn, and some leftover hamburger not taste like drunk food OR making an exotic dish from imported ingredients you've ordered from Amazon.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
53 minutes ago, beagletime said:

On Instagram there are over 1,000 #covidfood posts.  Not my choice for a hashtag, but it is right on trend.

She probably thought she made that hashtag up. Like she does with most of them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

From their blog:

Savory Hot Turkey Sandwich

Apr 26, 2020 | Family Blog, Recipes | 0 

A new favorite! We’ve been making these simple hot sandwiches a lot recently and are loving the extra flavor boost! Derick says they’re just as good as a fancy coffee shop sandwich. 

Sandwich bread slices

Voeller Dressing (click for recipe)

Turkey Lunchmeat

Mexican blend shredded cheese

Preheat griddle or skillet to medium low heat then drizzle with Voeller dressing and add bread slices open faced. Add meat slices and shredded cheese to one slice of bread and leave the other without toppings. Once bread starts to brown, flip empty slice on top of other half and press with spatula. Continue cooking until cheese is melted, rotating and pressing with spatula a few times. Enjoy! 

Note: Be sure to watch the heat tempurature or dressing on the bread will burn! 

The dressing:

Voeller Salad Dressing Recipe

Aug 4, 2018 | Recipes | 31 

The Voeller family visited my family many years ago and made many delicious, healthy dishes. The two eldest daughters created a cookbook several years ago (“From the Kitchen of Two Sisters”) with lots of their recipes. This is one we really love. It goes well on salads, potatoes, pasta and more!

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1 C. light olive oil

3 T. Dijon mustard

2 T. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, tamari, or soy sauce

2 T. honey

2 T. lemon juice

1 T. thyme

1/2 t. pepper

Wisk or blend all ingredients and serve.

Note: Blending all ingredients in the blender helps them not separate quite as distinctly later, providing a better taste overall.

27F014A1-7FB7-4EC4-A62C-11E52A8326DF.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Jill had an insta story today saying Derick was taking a 6 hour final exam.  The boys were napping and she was opening "happy mail. Stuff from Pearl and Plaid. Never did show what it was,  just thanked Kristina(whoever that is)for the "fun mommy happy mail."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is saying it's "tornado weather" and she has her kids in a car? She is way dumber than I ever could have imagined.

Stay at home! Just when you think Jill is on the road to normal, something like this happens. 😣

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeez she can’t ever leave him alone can she? After the 6 hour test Dereck has to work and entertain clingy Jill.

Guess they really need money if he is delivering in that weather. 

Were the kids in the car?

Jill said, 'WE are riding along' so it seems they were.  Then again, she probably doesn't have options for free babysitting with Cathy sheltering in place these days.  Of course, most moms would take one look at the weather and 1. tell Dad that life is more important than money and he should stay home and/or 2. ride along with daddy and the kids another time.

• Love 8

Really Jill?! Just wash the stuffed animals. Your kid's health is more important than a little wear and tear on toys, most of which they will outgrow sooner, rather than later.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Really Jill?! Just wash the stuffed animals. Your kid's health is more important than a little wear and tear on toys, most of which they will outgrow sooner, rather than later.

Not only that, but they don't need 20 of them.  Have each kid pick a favorite and give the rest away.  Then, wash the darned thing once a week until it falls apart.  All of the ones in the picture look brand new, not like they've been well-loved; the kids won't miss them.

Does she want a medal for vacuuming once a week?  Isn't that pretty standard, if not a little lax, in homes with young kids?  I live alone and I vacuum more than than and my house is hardly spotless.  My allergist recommended getting rid of all carpeting and vacuuming/Swiffering daily to relieve allergy symptoms.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

she is going to freeze the stuffed toys and vacuum once a week but just gave the boys bunk beds with used mattresses???

Well, she did just drive her kids around town in "tornado weather".

• Love 5

We know that Jill for the most part lacks common sense. Where's Derelict in making these decisions? Is he equally as daft? Was going on a car ride in tornado weather a great adventure for the boys? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We know that Jill for the most part lacks common sense. Where's Derelict in making these decisions? Is he equally as daft? Was going on a car ride in tornado weather a great adventure for the boys? 

Good point!

• Love 2

"We recently found out Sam has strong allergies to dust!"

"I usually bag them up to keep moisture off of them and contain them a little."

I know I'm being nitpicky, but if Jill found out recently about the allergies and she freezes the stuffed animals once a month, how does she already have a usually when it comes to freezing them? Has she even done it more than three times? 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Not only that, but they don't need 20 of them.  Have each kid pick a favorite and give the rest away.  Then, wash the darned thing once a week until it falls apart.  All of the ones in the picture look brand new, not like they've been well-loved; the kids won't miss them.

Does she want a medal for vacuuming once a week?  Isn't that pretty standard, if not a little lax, in homes with young kids?  I live alone and I vacuum more than than and my house is hardly spotless.  My allergist recommended getting rid of all carpeting and vacuuming/Swiffering daily to relieve allergy symptoms.

Having kids pick only one stuffed animal and getting rid of the rest is sort of overkill. Wash the one they sleep with the most. And I wonder if Jill knows this, but you can vacuum them too with an attachment. Get a good vacuum with a HEPA filter and you're good to go.  She needs to vacuum more than once a week and wash sheets at least twice a week, and blankets and pillows too. It's not like she has anything else to do. 

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Having kids pick only one stuffed animal and getting rid of the rest is sort of overkill. Wash the one they sleep with the most. And I wonder if Jill knows this, but you can vacuum them too with an attachment. Get a good vacuum with a HEPA filter and you're good to go.  She needs to vacuum more than once a week and wash sheets at least twice a week, and blankets and pillows too. It's not like she has anything else to do. 

Sheets? She's a Duggar, remember. What are these things called sheets?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is saying it's "tornado weather" and she has her kids in a car? She is way dumber than I ever could have imagined.

My family is from Oklahoma and if you stayed home all the time there was a tornado watch, you'd never leave home.  Hell,  no one has basements in my Grandmother's town and she used to take us to Braum's during storms.  I guess it was better to die with ice cream than fighting over what three people got to go into the center hall closet?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

My family is from Oklahoma and if you stayed home all the time there was a tornado watch, you'd never leave home.  Hell,  no one has basements in my Grandmother's town and she used to take us to Braum's during storms.  I guess it was better to die with ice cream than fighting over what three people got to go into the center hall closet?

It wasn't just a tornado watch. People in Arkansas don't stay home for just a tornado watch either. It was a weather warning with, as I noted earlier, 60-70 mph straight line winds and hail. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

It wasn't just a tornado watch. People in Arkansas don't stay home for just a tornado watch either. It was a weather warning with, as I noted earlier, 60-70 mph straight line winds and hail. 

Even Sierra concurred. In her instastory from yesterday, she noted that she wanted to get her Tacos 4 Life ding dong ditch done early because some nasty weather was headed their way. She went on to say that there was no way she wanted to get caught in it. 

Now if SIERRA says that, the incoming weather must have been quite threatening.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even Sierra concurred. In her instastory from yesterday, she noted that she wanted to get her Tacos 4 Life song find ditch done early because some nasty weather was headed their way. She went on to say that there was no way she wanted to get caught in it. 

Now if SIERRA says that, the incoming weather must have been quite threatening.

Yeah either the day before or earlier in the day, they'd jacked up the predicted level for severe weather for the far western part of Arkansas from enhanced to moderate. I'm farther east than that, and it was still pretty nasty here. They'd been urging people all day to take these very seriously when the storms started rolling in, and even then, we were comparatively lucky. As far as I know, we just had wind damage and hail up here. Once it started rolling through the River Valley, it started sparking tornado warnings left and right. One of those nights where you're not going to watch any regular programming on TV because it stays on the meteorologist all evening. 

I don't care what anyone says--it was irresponsible to be out in that weather unless it was absolutely necessary. Jill's little jaunt was not necessary. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 13

Will Jill be the first of the Duggar 19 to have no child in diapers and not be pregnant with another?

She has maybe a few months to make this happen.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12

I don't care what anyone says--it was irresponsible to be out in that weather unless it was absolutely necessary. Jill's little jaunt was not necessary. 

I mean, she was raised to think men will cheat at any and all opportunity, and they all have wander hands. Der could've been visitng Becky from the F-3 tornadoes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I mean, she was raised to think men will cheat at any and all opportunity, and they all have wander hands. Der could've been visitng Becky from the F-3 tornadoes.

Maybe Derick mentioned Dorothy weather, and Jill took it literally. "There's a Dorothy he wants to see. I must distract him with my feminine wiles and lotion! Or I could just ride along. . . ." 

• LOL 12

Jill impressed me on the car ride. After Derelict mentioned the order for Dorothy, Jill spotted a car with Kansas plates. 

Derelict does Grub Hub by himself all the time. Why accompany him on a day in which he had a 6 hour exam and severe weather warnings? I just can't with their decision making processes.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill impressed me on the car ride. After Derelict mentioned the order for Dorothy, Jill spotted a car with Kansas plates. 

Derelict does Grub Hub by himself all the time. Why accompany him on a day in which he had a 6 hour exam and severe weather warnings? I just can't with their decision making processes.

Yeah, and to be fair, though we've all been piling on Jill, it's only fair to pile on Derick for that stupidity too. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Maybe Derick mentioned Dorothy weather, and Jill took it literally. "There's a Dorothy he wants to see. I must distract him with my feminine wiles and lotion! Or I could just ride along. . . ." 

Or ... it is a "Twister" reference?  

• Love 3

I am surprised that Grub Hub allows drivers to have other people in the car while working.  I wouldn't like extra people close to my food.  I would think Grub Hub would not like the extra distractions to the driver.

• Love 21