Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, lascuba said:

I think an important fact about Derick  is that he is true religious fanatic, and him going to law school and letting Jill pierce her nose and wear pants doesn't change that fact. He doesn't want TLC and the show to crash and burn because he was fired (if he was), he wants it to crash and burn because, in addition to the money issue, he wasn't allowed to be upfront about his beliefs on camera. I honestly think the money wouldn't even be such a factor for him it weren't for JB's hypocrisy in claiming to be a ministry but not being upfront about their more odious opinions.

I have always thought that JB’s proclaiming that the TV show was a ministry was BS. The only way for that to be accurate is if they demonstrated their TRUE religious beliefs about LGBTQ members, other religions, etc. on air and encouraged the viewers to join them. What they shared was window dressing to make TLC happy and fill their coffers. YMMV

• Love 18

When most individuals ask for funds they explain the need  or it's for some unexpected and usually tragic event, like a death or illness (like a cheating husband and a broken wrist that turns out to be cancer 🤨).

Most folks don't ask others to support all their costs of daily living when they choose to live without a suitable income. Derick opened himself up to be financially transparent by asking folks to support his family. Even more so when it appeared the Dillards did nothing to slim down their expenses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I couldn’t edit my post. He’s replying to a tweet from 2016! 🤦‍♀️

97D844E6-BAC1-4ED2-BFA9-E09CBAF6789D.jpeg

But later that year we got:

On 12/21/2016 at 4:13 AM, kokapetl said:

jill-duggar.jpg?w=1500

Press photos for a tv show in 1993?

• LOL 11
7 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I have always thought that JB’s proclaiming that the TV show was a ministry was BS. The only way for that to be accurate is if they demonstrated their TRUE religious beliefs about LGBTQ members, other religions, etc. on air and encouraged the viewers to join them. What they shared was window dressing to make TLC happy and fill their coffers. YMMV

And yet, I guarantee there are many evangelicals out there who think the same way Derick apparently does, which is that prostituting yourself on air to show a watered-down sanitized version of Christianity without any so-called righteous shaming and blaming is useless; and only opens the family up to a toehold for Satan a la - drumroll - Josh. 

They would say that just tra-la-la'ing around like a circus sideshow "doing things a little [vaguely] differently", isn't doing much at all to educate the sinful heathens.  And these people aren't jealous famewhores; they sincerely believe it. 

Which then makes you wonder:  is it more "righteous" to maintain a purity of worldview, even if the worldview is flawed (best case scenario) or (worst) downright rotten, than it is to lie to people by omission and covert action?  At least the Rods (maybe bad example as we KNOW they'd change places with JB and M in a minute; but bear with me), you know where they stand, and they're remarkably consistent about it to boot. 

Also, maybe JB&M allow themselves to think that getting invited to their little "marriage seminars" and lecturing the already converted along the lines the converted already know, makes this a "ministry".

• Love 6

Jill says: "Keep in mind social media doesn't show someone's entire life"

It may not, but in that one insta-story, she looked totally defeated and stressed after putting the boys down.  She CHOSE to show that on SM and talk about how her day is pretty much stressful till Derick gets home. I get venting here and there on SM, but don't be shocked when someone comments with their opinion.

• Love 21

Jill and Derick both have a habit of putting things out there - Derick saying we were never paid; Jill talking about how rough it is being a mom to boys.  Then when someone either calls them out on it when the story changes or makes a suggestion, they don't like it.  If you don't want to be called out on anything, don't put it on social media.  You do not have to put everything you think or feel or do (or eat) on social media.  There was life before the social media (shocking I know LOL). 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 22
12 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Agree 100%. How can they “convert” or draw anyone into their version of Christianity if they aren’t clear on the show about what they even believe?

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

"the library to play" really irritates me.  

It looks like the library had some kind of winter program they attended.   These programs are a mix of learning and play, and the boys got to spend some time out of the house with other kids.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 17

I'm not denying the fact that whatever they did at the library was something those boys needed, but it irritates that Jill equates going to the library with a "play" activity.  We've seen it before.  I doubt they are allowed to check out books.  I don't like to insert personal stories with my comments, but when I was their age, I learned that first and foremost, the library was a place for reading, to be quiet and respectful.  Sure times have changed and they were at a special program, it just irritates me personally.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not denying the fact that whatever they did at the library was something those boys needed, but it irritates that Jill equates going to the library with a "play" activity.  We've seen it before.  I doubt they are allowed to check out books.  I don't like to insert personal stories with my comments, but when I was their age, I learned that first and foremost, the library was a place for reading, to be quiet and respectful.  Sure times have changed and they were at a special program, it just irritates me personally.

Same. I used to go to the library and check out the maximum number of books allowed as a small child. Too bad these boys probably can’t do that.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Initially, I thought the kids were at preschool and I was thrilled. Then I realized it was the library. Oh well. Baby steps. 

• Love 6

So Derreck had time to reply to tweets from 2016 and just bitterly rant?  I’m starting to think he’s not really trying to break Jill free of a cult so much as Create a bitter and mopey partner for himself.  I’m sure he reckons things will be better when they’re both drowning in bitterness together. He’s so passive aggressive and resentful, I really get the feeling he doesn’t want to be happy. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Initially, I thought the kids were at preschool and I was thrilled. Then I realized it was the library. Oh well. Baby steps. 

At least the kids are playing with non family members.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When most individuals ask for funds they explain the need  or it's for some unexpected and usually tragic event, like a death or illness (like a cheating husband and a broken wrist that turns out to be cancer 🤨).

Most folks don't ask others to support all their costs of daily living when they choose to live without a suitable income. Derick opened himself up to be financially transparent by asking folks to support his family. Even more so when it appeared the Dillards did nothing to slim down their expenses.

And when he posts things about how he has no student loan debt and all those other things 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Same. I used to go to the library and check out the maximum number of books allowed as a small child. Too bad these boys probably can’t do that.

I was at the library so much they kinda fudged if I was over the max ...   I am happy Jill is still taking the boys I’m just afraid she only does it when her sweet friend invites her 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill is saying she missed someone she's never met? That's odd. Let Derick be the one to miss his father. You weren't even in the picture then. 

I was just going to say this! Derick can certainly miss his father; Jill, on the other hand, not so much. She never met him! She can be sorry she never met him, I guess. But she never met him!

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Was it intentional?  A fluke? 🤷‍♀️ 

Setting himself up to the be the crucified hippy Jesus of 2020 via JB?  A martyr sent to save us all from Duggars?  I'm sure Derrick can see himself in that role.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

You learned about libraries being places of learning.  Who taught Jill that?  She was taught libraries were bad places with evil books and people NOT LIKE US.  The fact that she's taking her kids there to play is a first step.  Kids aren't stupid. Eventually they will associate libraries as being fun places, then see a neat book, then want to read.  Reading leads to all sorts of crazy ideas.  I bet there's not a librarian alive who would object to kids coming to play, because they know what doors it opens up. 

And as a side note, there are kids books all over Jill's house.  I've never seen a single book at the TTH that wasn't a bible.  So these kids are miles beyond what Jill had growing up.

Hopefully, that's what Jill meant.  When I saw "play" it made me think how many times I've been in a library with kids running around, screaming, yelling, playing, pulling out books and making messes while their parents either didn't notice, ignoring them, think it was so funny, or using it and the librarians as babysitters. I hope that's not what Jill meant. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I was just going to say this! Derick can certainly miss his father; Jill, on the other hand, not so much. She never met him! She can be sorry she never met him, I guess. But she never met him!

Yes, she can be sorry she never met him. But she can't miss him. She never met him. I'm sorry I never met my maternal grandfather. He sounded like a really cool guy. But I can't miss him because I never knew him. He died a couple years before I was born.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures.

2 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

At least the kids are playing with non family members.

I'm happy the boys got to go to the library but I don't think they attended a story time activity with other kids incl her friend & her kids.  I read her post as Jill & the boys  mainly went to the library to return the missing DVD case & stayed to play awhile.  It looks like there are some activities set out for kids to do on their own & that's what Izzy & Sam were doing in the pictures.  She mentioned the friend in the text to thank her for "decor inspiration" (hence Jill & the boys stopping at Hobby Lobby.)  Hopefully they at least checked out some new DVDs while they were there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I agree. I think JB make a lot of justifications to himself so he can claim the show as a ministry and still keep collecting that TLC money. He can excuse himself for accepting TLC's mandates about what they can't say on the show by saying that the show gives him an audience for the true ministry that happens off camera. He really is his own cult. Lures people in by being all about family and shared beliefs and once he has them hooked, the real programming begins. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In Jill's defense, she initially met Derrick when they came caroling to the TTH. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she met Rick briefly way before she and Derrick got together if he was with them. 

The caroling was only a couple of years prior to Derelict hooking up with Boob as a prayer partner. Rick was long gone at that point 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I forgot about the hippy Jesus years. Dreck was such a fashion don't. 

I don't like or trust a word out of Dreck's mouth or Jim Blob's mouth. Both are skilled liars who manipulate words and people to fit their version of the story. But I will sit back with some popcorn and a giant margarita and thoroughly enjoy watching them trying to take each other down. 

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, she can be sorry she never met him. But she can't miss him. She never met him. I'm sorry I never met my maternal grandfather. He sounded like a really cool guy. But I can't miss him because I never knew him. He died a couple years before I was born.  

My husband only met my grandfather once, before he died, and while he accompanied me to my grandfather's funeral, I would argue that he could not even truly miss my grandfather as he never really got a chance to get to know him, even though he DID meet him. 

My husband's parents have both passed (same day, two years apart). I only met his father a couple of times, whereas I knew his mother much better. I don't really feel like I can say that I miss my father-in-law, but I do miss my mother-in-law.

And actually, if/when Cathy passes, it would be totally OK for Jill to post about how much she misses her. At this point, they have formed their own relationship independent of Derick. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Just like the time that Derick posted a tweet about how much he misses his "sister-in-law" Jubilee. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In Jill's defense, she initially met Derrick when they came caroling to the TTH. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she met Rick briefly way before she and Derrick got together if he was with them. 

I think both of them said they do not remember meeting each other then.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think both of them said they do not remember meeting each other then.

I don't think they even met each other. He was carolling with a group and they didn't stop and hang out with the Duggars afterwards. 

• Useful 1

I kind of liked Deertick's Hippy Jesus phase.  He looked a lot better than his current dorky home-hair cut look.  (please don't rag on me about cutting hair at home, that's not the point)

Of course he most-likely will never return to the long-haired days as that's not a good look for a soon-to-be lawyer.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I kind of liked Deertick's Hippy Jesus phase.  He looked a lot better than his current dorky home-hair cut look.  (please don't rag on me about cutting hair at home, that's not the point)

Of course he most-likely will never return to the long-haired days as that's not a good look for a soon-to-be lawyer.

It worked for unfrozen caveman lawyer, which I assume is the aesthetic Derreck is going for. 

8DA55150-AEDA-45AA-9B8D-7DC1641EF86D.jpeg

• LOL 9
  • Love 4