Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I check the sex offender list every once and a while. Its not just pedophiles who are registered - its creeps who prey on adults too.

I hope Josh has to register when he's out. If he does, I wonder what they'll rate him.

Yep I'd venture to say a good half of the really violent sexual offenders I've seen on local lists aren't on there for being pedophiles. 

I've also wondered what level they'd rate Josh as, but I'm too skeeved out to look into it. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've watched emotionally unhealthy amounts of Law and Order: SVU episodes. LOL

I've had conversations with quite a few people who were surprised to learn they were living in clusters of rather violent and dangerous sex offenders, though. :( 

I could say the same about my obsession with the ID channel.  Ha! 

In my old neighborhood there were a ton of sex offenders.  If I were a parent I would think this was an important fact to know.  When I worked at a police department, I found out one of my old coworkers was one.  He had to come in yearly and check in.  I was shocked.

Duggars gonna Duggar.  Why would they care NOW about predators?  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I could say the same about my obsession with the ID channel.  Ha! 

In my old neighborhood there were a ton of sex offenders.  If I were a parent I would think this was an important fact to know.  When I worked at a police department, I found out one of my old coworkers was one.  He had to come in yearly and check in.  I was shocked.

Duggars gonna Duggar.  Why would they care NOW about predators?  

And that includes Jeremy and Jinger, apparently. I wonder what Austin said?

• Love 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yep I'd venture to say a good half of the really violent sexual offenders I've seen on local lists aren't on there for being pedophiles. 

I've also wondered what level they'd rate Josh as, but I'm too skeeved out to look into it. 

I took a quick look in my area and one guy on there was 17 and the girl was 16. I thought it was 18 and older. 

I do check it every so often because I want to know what is going on where I live and work. 

And yea, not everyone on there is a pedophile. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

WOACB has seen the prosecution's documents. They are asking for the max 20 years, stating that Smuggar isn't capable of reform, among other mitigating factors. 

Daaaaamn I hope they get it. But I'll settle for the judge splitting the difference and giving him 10. 

Edited to add: That makes me think that he didn't even bother pretending to be remorseful in his psych eval for sentencing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 16
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Daaaaamn I hope they get it. But I'll settle for the judge splitting the difference and giving him 10. 

Edited to add: That makes me think that he didn't even bother pretending to be remorseful in his psych eval for sentencing. 

I can't imagine Smuggar being anything less than smug. I've been looking on Reddit but haven't found anything of note yet. 

• Love 8

Settling on halfway wouldn't be that bad.  12.5 years should serve notice that it was a major crime.  (Halfway between the minimum and the max the prosecution requested.) 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Settling on halfway wouldn't be that bad.  12.5 years should serve notice that it was a major crime.  (Halfway between the minimum and the max the prosecution requested.) 

I could live with 12.5 years. From what I just read, he is a menace to society and will never change. I can't even imagine be married to a monster like him. 

• Love 12
(edited)

If Anna is aware of the prosecution’s request she’s in a really bad place right now. Or maybe she’s stupid enough to think the judge will see what a stand up, persecuted Christian her husband is and send him home. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

If Anna is aware of the prosecution’s request she’s in a really bad place right now. Or maybe she’s stupid enough to think the judge will see what a stand up, prosecuted Christian her husband is and send him home. 

But there's a whole story that we don't know!!!!!111 🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh that's right--I forgot about the 5 year minimum. 

Edited to add: I finished reading We Own This City this week and one of the cops sentenced in that federal corruption case did a considerable amount of groveling and asked for 20. The prosecution asked for 30, and I think the judge split the difference due to the groveling and gave him 25. But that was foremost in my mind when I was commenting, even taking into account how different the charges are. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Thankfully the judge can't release him or send him home.  The crime has a minimum sentence.  

We know that, but the defense is still proclaiming his innocence. Thankfully, Judge Brooks knows better. And he seems to be fed up with the Duggars. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, CandyXmasTree said:

I read the prosecutors paper and I was laughing so much that I scared the goats and chocked on my M& M's.

Why?  I was rolling my eyes reading some of the defendant's.   

If he scores that high on the danger chart, why lower the sentence at all? Surely, if he's that bad there are many crimes that went unnoticed. To me its seems like he'd be getting a reduction for not getting caught sooner.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Duggar is "...a profoundly hardworking man committed with every grain in his body to his family, his faith, and to helping those around him at any cost." 

CACKLE. Who the fuck do they think they're kidding? 

Please excuse my language. 

I knew the defense would throw out some flowery spaghetti to see if it sticks. That's just...utter bullshit.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Duggar is "...a profoundly hardworking man committed with every grain in his body to his family, his faith, and to helping those around him at any cost." 

CACKLE. Who the fuck do they think they're kidding? 

Please excuse my language. 

When has Smuggar or Anna ever helped anyone else? Anna does nothing but spread more hate online.

• Love 13

Oh, Lord. I just read the defense statement. I literally laughed out loud at this sentence on page 1: 

"The 34 - year - old father of seven who stands before this Court for sentencing has lived an admirable life while navigating unique challenges associated with being in the public spotlight since childhood."

It is interesting that the defense sentencing memo does not quote a single one of Josh's siblings. It quotes "good character" comments about Josh from: Michelle, Anna, Pastor David Waller, Pa Keller, LaCount Reber, Nicole Burress, and Raphael Perez. These were apparently in letters of support that the defense filed simultaneously with the memo.

The defense memo doesn't list the letters, just says in conclusion that they are "numerous." Whatever "numerous" means. It's possible of course that one or more siblings provided letters of support that the defense submitted to the court without quoting in the memo. I find it unlikely, though not impossible. 

I also guffawed when I got to that part about how "profoundly hardworking" he was. And his deep devotion to his marriage. Well, except for that Ashley Madison account . . . 🙄.  I didn't linger over the document but AFAIK it doesn't mention his time in Jesus Jail. You'd never know from reading the memo that Josh was separated from his family for several weeks following that scandal. The memo almost bristles with descriptions of how deeply his wife and seven kids adore him and how the kids cry for their daddy who isn't home with them.

And TBH I skimmed past the pages of legal stuff about number of images, how the enhancements shouldn't apply, etc. Ain't got time for that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Pa Keller is a pathetic excuse for a father, imo. For writing that letter and throwing his daughter to the wolves.

Well, he may be one of the only Duggars who has ever used an alarm clock, so there’s that.

And Pa Keller threw his son into Rodrigues clutches. Not a very good father.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Hard working? That family wouldn't recognize working hard if it walked up to them and slapped them in the face. 

The only hard working one is Michelle”s reproductive system. Gestating and birthing an army isn’t easy. How is she not diabetic/300 pounds? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm thinking that it's fairly standard that the defense lawyers try to paint the accused as the most heroic and hardworking indivduals who ever lived despite them being absolute scum of the earth,  With that said, I am not surprised to read the utter BS they crafted about Sex Pest Joshua Duggar,   My only hope is that the judge also smells the BS

• Love 21
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

My only hope is that the judge also smells the BS

I think he will. He seemed so over Josh and his lawyers at the trial already. 

• Love 15
Just now, BigBingerBro said:

I'm thinking that it's fairly standard that the defense lawyers try to paint the accused as the most heroic and hardworking indivduals who ever lived despite them being absolute scum of the earth,  With that said, I am not surprised to read the utter BS they crafted about Sex Pest Joshua Duggar,   My only hope is that the judge also smells the BS

Oh, I’m not surprised that the defense tried to make Josh look good, only that some of the examples that they used were so unimpressive. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, I’m not surprised that the defense tried to make Josh look good, only that some of the examples that they used were so unimpressive. 

Yeah even by the standards of "Your honor, my client, terrible as he may be, has some redeeming qualities," they are really terrible examples. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

giphy.gif

By this standard, I deserve a commendation award myself for my life's work of being devoted to the cause of punctuality. 

How shit of a person do you have to be to be reduced to throwing yourself at the mercy of the court because you managed to set an alarm clock? LOL

🙋‍♀️🤦‍♀️please take my high 5 and face palm awards. 

• Love 5

While the defense memo is good for a laugh, I definitely warn anyone reading the prosecution memo that it is very disturbing.  There are descriptions of the images that have not been revealed before and they are extremely graphic. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Pa Keller is a pathetic excuse for a father, imo. For writing that letter and throwing his daughter to the wolves.

Well, he may be one of the only Duggars who has ever used an alarm clock, so there’s that.

He didn't use a alarm clock Mama Reiber would wake him up.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

giphy.gif

By this standard, I deserve a commendation award myself for my life's work of being devoted to the cause of punctuality. 

How shit of a person do you have to be to be reduced to throwing yourself at the mercy of the court because you managed to set an alarm clock? LOL

I should get a Nobel Peace Prize. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

While the defense memo is good for a laugh, I definitely warn anyone reading the prosecution memo that it is very disturbing.  There are descriptions of the images that have not been revealed before and they are extremely graphic. 

Even sensationalist KJ said she wouldn't post it. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Parts of the defense’s arguments are so lame it’s laughable. One of the reasons the prosecution asked for enhanced penalties was his sexual abuse of minors. The defense’s response was that it was reported by a tabloid, Bobye Holt didn’t have first hand knowledge of the abuse (i.e. she wasn’t there when it happened) and that Josh was a minor (when the abuse didn’t happen). Completely ignoring that his parents and sister went on television and confirmed the abuse (even if they downplayed it). And maybe it’s just me, but all the character statements about what a good father and provider Josh is and how his family and children need him just give me the creeps. For God’s sake, he was convicted of possessing child sexual abuse materials. Talking about how he once helped someone build a deck in the face of that conviction is utterly reprehensible.

I think the whole “he/she should get a reduced sentence/special consideration because they have a spouse and/or kids) is BS anyway. People with kids shouldn’t get more leeway than single people for the same type of crimes, imo. And is the defense calling Jill’s testimony on the stand about Josh’s abuse lies?

• Love 16
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

He didn't use a alarm clock Mama Reiber would wake him up.

And Mr. Reber just wrote a statement praising Josh for the defense. 🤦‍♀️ What does Boob have on them?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think the whole “he/she should get a reduced sentence/special consideration because they have a spouse and/or kids) is BS anyway. People with kids shouldn’t get more leeway than single people for the same type of crimes, imo. And is the defense calling Jill’s testimony on the stand about Josh’s abuse lies?

Thankfully Jill didn’t testify. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Thankfully Jill didn’t testify. 

Oh, you’re right. But Jessa and Jill did go on TV and admitted that Josh did abuse them. So the defense is now calling them liars.

• Love 1