Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, zoomama said:

guess what? the wife has to go to the pre-scheduling appointment with the guy.  dont see that happening.....

Not if they tell the doctor they are not married or divorced. I doubt any doctor is going to research a patient's marital status any further.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Small correction: Jill said that "statistics show" that TWO-THIRDS of all families have molestation going on. Of course, she never said where that number came from. 

Then again, once things got completely weird in their family and frontal hugs were forbidden, they were probably taught that any family which indulged in that sort of affection was potentially "stirring up desires", and who knows what sort of cesspools they thought "outsider" families were living in at that point.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

JD may very well have been expected to look up to the father. But consider for a minute that all of these cult groups are really in to hierarchy, 'umbrellas of protection', etc. Is Gothard/ATI also one of them that was really into birth order shaping personalities, etc, too? 

This is from the book the girls wrote:

"To maintain order and harmony in the home, we have always had a 'chain of command,' with Mom and Dad at the top and the 'command' passing down the birth-order line from eldest to youngest. This is not something that lets older siblings assign their responsibilities to someone else. And it doesn’t mean the older siblings have little servants waiting on them hand and foot. That’s never allowed! The system is for those times when an older child encourages a younger child to do what is right or not do something wrong, and the younger child is expected to listen.

"If I (Jinger) am babysitting my younger siblings and I say, 'All right, kids, playtime is over. Let’s clean up the house before bedtime,' then all the kids know they’re expected to stop what they’re doing and start straightening up the house.

"Mom and Dad have banned the phrases 'You can’t tell me what to do!' and 'You’re not my boss!' from our home, and they remind the younger children that their older siblings are their elders and they should treat them as such. So Johannah can ask Josie to help her pick up the toys in the playroom, and Josie needs to do it. Josiah can ask James not to whistle in the car, and he needs to stop. Joy can call all her younger siblings out to the bus after a road trip and delegate tasks to get the bus back in order, and everyone needs to listen to her instructions and cooperate."

• Love 1

The 19 have/had a bedtime? I call BS on that one from the many videos and pics they have posted. Poor miracle licker, she'll never get to boss around anyone. And how does JTyler fit in that hierarchy?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think JB cares about Anna and the M-kids in the sense he won't let them live on the street. Nor do I think he blames Anna for Josh's issues. But their emotional well being? NAH. 

I could see JB telling Josh to cheat the old fashioned way, meaning no internet posts and no camera phones so things don't get leaked to the media. I think Anna is the only one who believes Josh has changed. 

I can see him getting a vasectomy though, but it will be after he cuts and runs from the lifestyle. 

I agree. he wouldn't let them starve. I do believe Jim Bob will provide basics for the M kids.  But their mental health?  no way. He doesn't care if Anna's heart is broken and those kids are raised in a dysfunctional home.  Keep praying and smile. 

Jim Bob is a shrewd man. You're totally right.  He knows his son.  He knows who he is and what he is. 

Only Anna believes in redemption. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Aja said:

He's going to be the tell-all Duggar, isn't he?

we tend to think JD is a little goofy.  It was JD who gave the most realistic TH of what a scumbag Josh really is. Jana also didn't look too impressed either.

Are Jana and Anna close? 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Marigold said:

we tend to think JD is a little goofy.  It was JD who gave the most realistic TH of what a scumbag Josh really is. Jana also didn't look too impressed either.

Are Jana and Anna close? 

As the second born kids, Jana (a few min before JD) & JD have been there from the start of all the dysfunction. Also, it's been those two that essentially ran the household while Josh was being lord first born and an arrogant ass. They aren't impressed with him one wit. The middle kids might not remember too many hard times before TLC, but Jana-Joseph I say have seen it all and were old enough to be emotionally affected when Josh was sent away the first time and the effect it had on the family. 

I think JD & Jana are close but after the Josh incident M & JB probably put a squash to normal sibling closeness thinking all their sons could end up like Josh. At this point I think JD has the most sway among all the kids and he probably sticks up for Jana.

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

No, she doesn't.  Nor does a husband have to accompany his wife to a counselling session prior to a tubal ligation.  This is a very common misconception.  There is no legal impediment to anyone getting any sort of surgery as long as he/she is mentally competent.  While I am sure Planned Parenthood might ask if the wife is on board with the decision; they cannot require her presence nor her consent.  I suppose some private practitioners might personally refuse to do the procedure unless the wife was aware (as any physician can decline to perform any surgery for almost any reason); Planned Parenthood would have the ACLU all over them like white on rice if that was their policy.  It would be an invasion of the man's privacy and would be counter to Planned Parenthood's stance on personal autonomy in matters of contraception and childbearing.

I perform tubal ligations on women and have done so for almost 35 years; I've NEVER asked if the husband/boyfriend wanted her to do it other than to inform the woman that it would be simpler, safer and cheaper for her husband to do the deed (and usually laugh along with her when she tells me he's a big baby and she'd rather do it herself than put up with him postop).  Many times, I don't even know if she's legally married or not (lots of long-term couples out there haven't actually done the marriage thing).  Have I ever tied someone's tubes when I knew specifically that their husband DIDN'T know and wouldn't have approved?  You betcha.  I'm sure you can figure out the circumstances where that might happen.  IUD's are also popular in circumstances where a woman needs reliable contraception that is not going to be detectable.

On the flip side, every one of my friends who has had a tubal ligation has told me that their doc was sure to ask them, in the absence of their spouse, if they want to do it and aren't being pressured. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

This is from the book the girls wrote:

"To maintain order and harmony in the home, we have always had a 'chain of command,' with Mom and Dad at the top and the 'command' passing down the birth-order line from eldest to youngest. This is not something that lets older siblings assign their responsibilities to someone else. And it doesn’t mean the older siblings have little servants waiting on them hand and foot. That’s never allowed! The system is for those times when an older child encourages a younger child to do what is right or not do something wrong, and the younger child is expected to listen.

"If I (Jinger) am babysitting my younger siblings and I say, 'All right, kids, playtime is over. Let’s clean up the house before bedtime,' then all the kids know they’re expected to stop what they’re doing and start straightening up the house.

"Mom and Dad have banned the phrases 'You can’t tell me what to do!' and 'You’re not my boss!' from our home, and they remind the younger children that their older siblings are their elders and they should treat them as such. So Johannah can ask Josie to help her pick up the toys in the playroom, and Josie needs to do it. Josiah can ask James not to whistle in the car, and he needs to stop. Joy can call all her younger siblings out to the bus after a road trip and delegate tasks to get the bus back in order, and everyone needs to listen to her instructions and cooperate."

We need to remember that this book was 100 -percent ghostwritten for the purpose of promulgating Gothard's ideas to the masses, of course.

And, hey, this little scheme could never backfire because an older kid was a big joker or was an evil creep or was in a bad mood that day. Naaah.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

On the flip side, every one of my friends who has had a tubal ligation has told me that their doc was sure to ask them, in the absence of their spouse, if they want to do it and aren't being pressured. 

Absolutely.  As a matter of fact, any patient who gets coverage via Medicaid is required to sign a form stating that she understands that it is permanent and not reversible and also that it is completely her decision and she understands she can change her mind at any time and it will not affect her Medicaid benefits. 

Every practitioner who consents the woman for a tubal ligation has to sign the form too, attesting that she was given this info and understood it. If English isn't her first language, the translator also has to sign.  Then, on the day the procedure is done, there is one last signature from the person who performed the surgery attesting that they asked her once again if she was sure she wanted permanent sterilization and that she knew it was ok to change her mind and no one was forcing her to do it.

I presume there is something similar for vasectomies, however, more women get Medicaid than men.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

No, she doesn't.  Nor does a husband have to accompany his wife to a counselling session prior to a tubal ligation.  This is a very common misconception.  There is no legal impediment to anyone getting any sort of surgery as long as he/she is mentally competent.  While I am sure Planned Parenthood might ask if the wife is on board with the decision; they cannot require her presence nor her consent.  I suppose some private practitioners might personally refuse to do the procedure unless the wife was aware (as any physician can decline to perform any surgery for almost any reason); Planned Parenthood would have the ACLU all over them like white on rice if that was their policy.  It would be an invasion of the man's privacy and would be counter to Planned Parenthood's stance on personal autonomy in matters of contraception and childbearing.

I perform tubal ligations on women and have done so for almost 35 years; I've NEVER asked if the husband/boyfriend wanted her to do it other than to inform the woman that it would be simpler, safer and cheaper for her husband to do the deed (and usually laugh along with her when she tells me he's a big baby and she'd rather do it herself than put up with him postop).  Many times, I don't even know if she's legally married or not (lots of long-term couples out there haven't actually done the marriage thing).  Have I ever tied someone's tubes when I knew specifically that their husband DIDN'T know and wouldn't have approved?  You betcha.  I'm sure you can figure out the circumstances where that might happen.  IUD's are also popular in circumstances where a woman needs reliable contraception that is not going to be detectable.

i can only speak from my experience --- my first husband's doctor required me to be present for the initial consult.

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think JB cares about Anna and the M-kids in the sense he won't let them live on the street. Nor do I think he blames Anna for Josh's issues. But their emotional well being? NAH. 

JB doesn't care about anyone else but himself. This is a guy who impregnated his wife 21 times.

The only reason Anna is not living in the street is because it would cause an avalanche of bad publicity. KJB also does not want to bring attention that the checks for TV appearances are made out to him.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

JB doesn't care about anyone else but himself. This is a guy who impregnated his wife 21 times.

The only reason Anna is not living in the street is because it would cause an avalanche of bad publicity. KJB also does not want to bring attention that the checks for TV appearances are made out to him.

This. Anna being destitute because of Josh's actions would be an embarrassment to Jimbob and also hurt their brand/income. Now if Anna had cheated on Josh, I think JB would kick her to the curb as fast as he could. Quietly, as to not disturb the brand, but she'd be gone.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, zoomama said:

i can only speak from my experience --- my first husband's doctor required me to be present for the initial consult.

My late husband's first wife had to be present for the initial consult when he had his vasectomy, also. This was 35+ years ago, though.

6 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My late husband's first wife had to be present for the initial consult when he had his vasectomy, also. This was 35+ years ago, though.

Like I said, individual doctors can request this sort of thing, but there's no legal requirement for a spouse to be present.  If your husband or his wife weren't ok with her being present, they could've undoubtedly found another practitioner to do the procedure without it.  In 35 years, I've worked in a variety of settings and have never requested a spouse to be present for the consultation.  Maybe back in the day, the presumption was that the wife wasn't working outside the home anyway and wouldn't mind coming in; but I guess, in the OB/GYN office, most of our patients had partners who worked during office hours and wouldn't have been able to come for the visit.  I will say that it wasn't very many years before my time that husbands actually had to sign the consent along with the wife to give his approval before the procedure would be done.  The consents were pre-printed and still in the file cabinet in the office, we used the backs for scratch paper.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm trying to remember whether I had to have any official input when my husband had his...I have the feeling I might have had to sign something, but it was 25 years ago and I just don't recall...though I do seem to remember something about a requirement that he had to have already become a father. I guess they didn't want anyone to end up childless forever if they later regretted their decision...We already had three by then, though, so that wasn't an issue.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

There is a pregnant picture of Anna floating around the internet. 

trying to link it for you. 

Save yourself the bother.  Nobody but Anna cares about her pregnancy this time around.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 3/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Small correction: Jill said that "statistics show" that TWO-THIRDS of all families have molestation going on. Of course, she never said where that number came from. 

Seriously...why even throw that statistic out? What are you trying to say? If two thirds of all families have molestation going on, that must mean it's no biggie? Our family is more normal than your family because our eldest brother molested us? Naysayers are a bunch of idiots who are TOTALLY overreacting to this completely normal thing that happens all the time? What the fuck, Jill?

Edited by Aja
  • Love 12

They were trying to normalize, in their typically idiotic Duggar way, what had happened.  "It's not a big deal.  If you don't understand that, you're the one who doesn't understand how life works, not us.  Quite bothering us, the issue was never a big deal and was resolved long ago."

I felt worse for Jill, because she couldn't pull it off.  Jessa was all business.

• Love 7
On 3/22/2017 at 7:20 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

What are any of them going to do if Jim Bob kicks it early? He's shady as fuck, but the guy is good at this stuff. 

I guess he's probably got all the shady evangelical lawyers in Arkansas lined up to take care of it, but even a few million won't take care of all 19 and their hundreds of kids. 

IMHO, YMMV.

The only reason he's managed to accomplish all of this (besides having the money or bartering for legal assistance) is that they live in Arkansas, which boasts a low cost of living. He and his massive family would have been financially sunk a long time ago if they lived on either coast with or without the TLC money.

• Love 12

The only reason he's managed to accomplish all of this (besides having the money or bartering for legal assistance) is that they live in Arkansas, which boasts a low cost of living.

He was 4th generation of (relative) wealth and inherited/got trained from a young age in the family business - real estate, car lots, etc. I think he had more business help then he lets on. Not ultra rich people - but relative well off for BFE, Arkansas. I think it's telling that he completely blew the fortune on the senate campaign and would've been a failure were it not for TLC. I guess he sees the reality gig as a huge gamble that paid off. Too bad he can't think 20 years ahead.

• Love 8
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

IMHO, YMMV.

The only reason he's managed to accomplish all of this (besides having the money or bartering for legal assistance) is that they live in Arkansas, which boasts a low cost of living. He and his massive family would have been financially sunk a long time ago if they lived on either coast with or without the TLC money.

not only Arkansas, but kinda rural/out-skirts Arkansas. I think it would be a little different story if they lived in metro Springfield or Little Rock.

On the other show, two of the kid-adults live/closer to large metro area - Alyssa/John Webster who appear to live in a regular subdivision, are in Clermont, Florida - 22 miles from Orlando . Michella/Brandon  live in a suburb of Chicago. I'm waiting to see how large their families get before there is a financial concern.

Hell, in Chicago the winter gas heating bills, combined with the property taxes, would make any family nervous about paying the bills.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I think it's telling that he completely blew the fortune on the senate campaign and would've been a failure were it not for TLC. I guess he sees the reality gig as a huge gamble that paid off. Too bad he can't think 20 years ahead.

Regarding TLC, Jim Boob stepped in shit & got lucky.  It seems like after Josh's many scandals, they are still stepping in "S" & getting paid.  I'm impatiently waiting for Karma to come.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, ariel said:

Regarding TLC, Jim Boob stepped in shit & got lucky.  It seems like after Josh's many scandals, they are still stepping in "S" & getting paid.  I'm impatiently waiting for Karma to come.

Let's hope the Karma train is approaching the station: 

http://www.inquisitr.com/4111731/josh-duggar-parents-reportedly-blamed-anna-for-his-adultery/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=58e111f319d6ba00069d0178&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

There are few things in life lower than a father-in-law who thinks it appropriate to blame the pregnant DIL of FIVE for her cheating husband's behavior. Judging by the reported hijinks Joshley Madison was into while trolling for strange, Anna Duggar could have been blowing him in the town square every hour on the hour and it still wouldn't have been freaky enough for him.

One can only imagine the fun that will be had around the Easter table. I'm only sorry she doesn't have the guts to call that son of a bitch out in the press and defend herself.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

It is one of the greatest sins of women today, is a self-centered narcissistic view of how they are to have control of their bodies. The Bible says your body is not your own, sister. It is your husband’s.”

Yep, they were definitely blaming Anna for not being 'joyfully available'.  Pardon me while I puke.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Let's hope the Karma train is approaching the station: 

http://www.inquisitr.com/4111731/josh-duggar-parents-reportedly-blamed-anna-for-his-adultery/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=58e111f319d6ba00069d0178&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

There are few things in life lower than a father-in-law who thinks it appropriate to blame the pregnant DIL of FIVE for her cheating husband's behavior. Judging by the reported hijinks Joshley Madison was into while trolling for strange, Anna Duggar could have been blowing him in the town square every hour on the hour and it still wouldn't have been freaky enough for him.

One can only imagine the fun that will be had around the Easter table. I'm only sorry she doesn't have the guts to call that son of a bitch out in the press and defend herself.

‘Ladies, your husband can get his laundry done by other women, he can have his meal cooked by other women, he can have all kinds of things done for him by other women,

Like 7 year old daughters that watched mommy melt down. Jesus Michelle, you found theological justification for being a lazy-assed, nondomestic, abusive housewife and general Bad Mother. Congrats. Have fun in heaven.

I wish Anna were sly enough to record audio of the scolding and brainwashing she got from Michelle and Jimbob et al. She could leak that audio to the right tabloid for the right price and walk away from this shitshow with her kids, clean. Oh well...

“It is one of the greatest sins of women today, is a self-centered narcissistic view of how they are to have control of their bodies. The Bible says your body is not your own, sister. It is your husband’s.”

So you're literally his sex slave. Nice group of guys the Duggars hang out with.

• Love 6

The article quotes the same Duggar spiel they've been touting for years. It sounds very much like the Pastor used the Duggars and Josh scandal #2 to gain more interest. Or the Inquisitr did. Or both

The Pastor's quote (also quoted by @JoanArc above) is so effed up. Looks like heaven is going to have low female numbers according to this guy.

“It is one of the greatest sins of women today, is a self-centered narcissistic view of how they are to have control of their bodies. The Bible says your body is not your own, sister. It is your husband’s.”

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Pastor's quote (also quoted by @JoanArc above) is so effed up. Looks like heaven is going to have low female numbers according to this guy.

Did the pastor provide a chapter and verse reference for that little gem?

• Love 6

I don't think JB and Michelle blamed Anna for Josh's scandals. I just don't. Parents know their kids, and while they may have been surprised by the scoop of his behavior -he didn't cheat the "normal" way, met someone he clicked with and had an affair, he trolled the internet on various sites to collect scores and scores of sexual partners which was dumb as FUCK given who his family was, I just don't think they blame Anna at all. They couldn't control Josh when he was 14 and living in their house, I don't think they expected Anna to be able to control him. I honestly don't think she knew. 

• Love 6
(edited)

"The punishment to be meted out to liars is of the severest kind. They are positively and absolutely excluded from heaven (Revelation 21:27; Revelation 22:15), and those who are guilty of this sin are cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). We are reminded of the awful fate meted out to Ananias and Sapphira when they lied to God and man (Acts 5:1-11). God will "destroy them that speak lies" (Psalm 5:6), and "he that uttereth lies shall not escape" (Proverbs 19:5), yea "a sword is upon the liars" (Jeremiah 50:36 the King James Version). The liar is thereby debarred from rendering any true and acceptable worship unto the Lord (Psalm 24:4)."

Edited by Aja
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Aja said:

"The punishment to be meted out to liars is of the severest kind. They are positively and absolutely excluded from heaven (Revelation 21:27; Revelation 22:15), and those who are guilty of this sin are cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). We are reminded of the awful fate meted out to Ananias and Sapphira when they lied to God and man (Acts 5:1-11). God will "destroy them that speak lies" (Psalm 5:6), and "he that uttereth lies shall not escape" (Proverbs 19:5), yea "a sword is upon the liars" (Jeremiah 50:36 the King James Version). The liar is thereby debarred from rendering any true and acceptable worship unto the Lord (Psalm 24:4)."

They sorta forget about that bit,while they accuse others of "cherry picking".

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

They sorta forget about that bit,while they accuse others of "cherry picking".

They could all make some serious coin during harvest season with that cherry-picking ability. Oooh, Josh, income idea!

• Love 5
On 3/30/2017 at 11:17 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Not if they tell the doctor they are not married or divorced. I doubt any doctor is going to research a patient's marital status any further.

My friend who has never married/has no kids wanted to ensure that status was permanent, so he got a vasectomy back in the mid-nineties.  He told the doctor he was divorced with two kids and they didn't question him at all.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

Did the pastor provide a chapter and verse reference for that little gem?

They always skip the part that says the husband's body is also the wives, that they're supposed to mutually respect each other.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'll go even further and put on my Duggar-logic hat (which hurts because it's so tight and small) and assert that, since they are openly defying countless edicts and standards of behavior prescribed by the Ultimate Law of God (a.k.a. "Bible"), and Satan often masquerades around in Jesus clothes fooling everyone and tricking them into serving him through lust and greed and thirst for power, it would logically follow that the Duggars are Satan worshippers. Sorry, Duggars. 

Edited by Aja
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

ANNA"S PREGNANT???  WTF is the matter with her?  Was it an accident I wonder?  Who could be that stupid/  Isnt this 5?  Lordy.

It was no accident.  She knows it happened because she was joyfully available and Josh couldn't find a date.

• Love 15
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

It was no accident. 

Neither was the timing of the announcement or Anna's idiotic assertions that her marriage is "real". 

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7
On 3/30/2017 at 9:09 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm trying to remember whether I had to have any official input when my husband had his...I have the feeling I might have had to sign something, but it was 25 years ago and I just don't recall...though I do seem to remember something about a requirement that he had to have already become a father. I guess they didn't want anyone to end up childless forever if they later regretted their decision...We already had three by then, though, so that wasn't an issue.

As a woman who has gotten a tubal (best decision of my life!), I was concerned because I had never had kids and heard horror stories about docs that would not do it.  I also made my husband go to the consult in case they tried to tell me he needed to give permission.  Neither was an issue.  My doc was like well, you couldn't be more clear this is what you want is next Thursday ok?  All for $10 doc appt and $10 pain pills.  I love my insurance.  This was 14 years ago by the way and I was 34.  I always figured if I ever had the desire to become a mom I would adopt a kid, not baby.  I certainly didn't feel the need to biologically have one.  

Its too bad none of these women will be able to make these sort of decisions for themselves.  Or even see these decisions as valid.  I just wish these kids were not up for sale like the prize winning steer at the county fair.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Someone says this to me ever:  “It is one of the greatest sins of women today, is a self-centered narcissistic view of how they are to have control of their bodies. The Bible says your body is not your own, sister. It is your husband’s.” might just get their nads torn off their body.  

Seriously, the cuss words that would fly out of my mouth would make a sailor blush with embarrassment. 

• Love 23

Well obviously, but doesn't he have some sort of representative on Earth with a cult I can join? Anton LeVay died years ago. I need leadership! I certainly wouldn't want to be seen as narcissistic. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Aja said:

Well obviously, but doesn't he have some sort of representative on Earth with a cult I can join? Anton LeVay died years ago. I need leadership! I certainly wouldn't want to be seen as narcissistic. 

Last I heard, he built a fortress in Josh Duggar's heart.  I suppose that makes Josh a representative of sorts. 

• Love 18