Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 3/26/2017 at 1:55 PM, Mollie said:

It's cheaper to keep her.  Josh doesn't want to be saddled with child support.  I don't think he wants to be estranged from the big Duggar family again, either.  What I think he really wants is to find a more clever way of satisfying his sex addiction and live the double life he became accustomed to living throughout his marriage to Anna.

Honestly how hard will this be?  Anna will be caring for 5 kids under the age of 8 (do I have the oldest age correct?) and she is not exactly lighting the world on fire with her intellect.  He now has the freedom of NOT being on tv and after gaining a ton of weight may be able to be less recognizable.  

• Love 4
On 3/26/2017 at 9:20 PM, Absolom said:

This is what I see, too.  The Duggars would be dysfunctional cult or no cult.  They have the added personality defects of whatever it is in Jim Bob's psyche. 

I just had an idea pop into my head.  Ryan Murphy needs to do an American Horror on a Duggar type family.  I would watch the shit out of that!  I am going to tweet him about that...

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Honestly how hard will this be?  Anna will be caring for 5 kids under the age of 8 (do I have the oldest age correct?) and she is not exactly lighting the world on fire with her intellect.  He now has the freedom of NOT being on tv and after gaining a ton of weight may be able to be less recognizable.  

Josh's eldest, Mackynzie, is 7-years-old.  

No, it won't be hard for Josh at all.  He is always going hither and yon looking for used cars to buy.  It would be hard for anyone to keep tabs on him.  And, he certainly knows how to find strip clubs and willing partners.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mollie said:

No, it won't be hard for Josh at all.  He is always going hither and yon looking for used cars to buy.  It would be hard for anyone to keep tabs on him.  And, he certainly knows how to find strip clubs and willing partners.  

I agree it won't be hard. He's probably already back to his old ways. He will probably try to be more discreet this time (no more internet hacks that will embarrass the family), but he won't change. That being said I don't think he hates or even dislikes Anna. he knows he made his own bed. 

• Love 1

I imagine that Boob is GPSing the shit out of him. And if the twins are in on the new car lot, I bet they check his internet usage, or his work machine is locked down like it would be for a five year old. Likewise, his phone. From Jinger's wedding, it was shown that he has an Iphone; have the Duggars moved on from Flip Phones of Shame? At any rate, I'm sure he is limited in what apps he is allowed to have.

11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I imagine that Boob is GPSing the shit out of him. And if the twins are in on the new car lot, I bet they check his internet usage, or his work machine is locked down like it would be for a five year old. Likewise, his phone. From Jinger's wedding, it was shown that he has an Iphone; have the Duggars moved on from Flip Phones of Shame? At any rate, I'm sure he is limited in what apps he is allowed to have.

Unfortunately you are probably correct. It makes me sad that an adult married man, father of four (soon to be 5) children, is uber-controlled by his father. Then I remember he is a pig and I am not sad anymore.

• Love 10

Yeah, it's a pathetic existence, but given what he's done, I don't know if he deserves much better. He already has a helluva lot more than most men in his shoes would have. Possibly free house (we still don't know where he's living), gifted business, sheltering from the public, for the most part (I bet the twins are the face of this new car lot). 

• Love 5

And, according to Jimmy Lee's obit at least, it appears that, at least at times, he did pretty well with Duggar real estate. He seemed to have been trading in a much higher class of property than JB has, sometimes at least. So they must have had periods when they did have some money. He also doesn't sound a bit like his annoying son.

"I'm 4th generation real estate" probably didn't play well to the rubes Jim Bob wanted to recruit for seminars - hence the poormouthing testimony. I doubt his parents were ever uber-wealthy, but they were probably well enough off. FFS Grandma owned her own froyo shop - and Jim Bob used it as leverage to get in Michelle pants!

Unfortunately you are probably correct. It makes me sad that an adult married man, father of four (soon to be 5) children, is uber-controlled by his father. Then I remember he is a pig and I am not sad anymore.

I' kind of glad that while Jim Bob and Michelle escaped harsh punishment for their handling of Josh they will be forced to spend their time tracking Josh's every move for the rest of their lives. I'm kind of glad it takes a little energy and attention off the other kids.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Mac's old enough to be a sister-mom. That will give Anna plenty of free time to obsessively check Josh's phone and internet.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bob has assigned him an accountability partner; a kid brother who was instructed to never let Josh out of his sight.

• Love 4

Josh..........I can't even begin to express what I feel. How does Anna stand him in her bed? He is repulsive, and not just because he is a fat blob. HOW does one manage to gain that much weight that quickly? It's a choice, and not due to illness. When will he cop on and realise he is killing himself with that lifestyle?

Anna's a particularly stupid bint for being pregnant, when Josh clearly didn't want No 3 and 4 at all. No 5 will not fix it either.

He'll likely drop dead before he's 35 if the continues like that. Stress eating to such an extent, the pressure of family, etc etc. It's sad.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ed Wheat steered the Duggars away from birth control and to Jim Sammons. He's also a Gothardite. Wheat was a big mentor for Boob in those early years. 

.....by teaching him about Legos. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

But but...Josh is forgiven! It wasn't a big deal per his parents and victims. Plus he is getting a forgiven baby from Jesus...?

Yeah geez! Leave Josh alone! Isn't a human being allowed to make one colossal mistake after another (many of which are illegal) with zero accountability? 

Edited by Aja
  • Love 16

We've talked about this before, but if Josh was smart, he'd wait until M5 was born and then go get himself a vasectomy.  It's an outpatient procedure, and since he can't have sex with his wife for at least 40 days after the baby is born anyway according to Gothard rules, there'd be time for him to heal.  Then no more babies, at least.  I suspect everyone would be better off if he ceases to procreate.

Anyway, my prediction is that within five years he will either have bolted from the cult (and probably have written a tell-all) or he'll be dead. 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if Jim Bob isn't scared of what he will find so it's easier to put his head in the sand and leave Josh alone.  If he doesn't follow Josh around, he can assume Josh is clean and go about his merry way...controlling his other kidults. 

Re: Josh cheating again

Josh has learned the most important lesson in his life.  He can do ANYTHING and he will be taken back into the fold and forgiven.  He has no motivation to stay clean and get well.  Why would he?  He can walk all over Anna, Jim Bob, Michelle, Jessa, Jill and his other sister victims. 

The only one that I think holds a grudge is JD.  His TH way back about Josh seemed pretty darn sincere.  I'm sure he says he has forgiven and all is well but his anger came from the heart. 

Josh has only learned to be sneakier and to shield his face with his child. 

• Love 15

And his sons are going to grow up with the greatest ever living example of how much you can humiliate and disrespect a woman and she'll stay with you anyway and keep breeding with you because Jesus.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Fosca said:

We've talked about this before, but if Josh was smart, he'd wait until M5 was born and then go get himself a vasectomy.  It's an outpatient procedure, and since he can't have sex with his wife for at least 40 days after the baby is born anyway according to Gothard rules, there'd be time for him to heal.  Then no more babies, at least.  I suspect everyone would be better off if he ceases to procreate.

Anyway, my prediction is that within five years he will either have bolted from the cult (and probably have written a tell-all) or he'll be dead. 

He should do it BEFORE M5 is born. It takes a certain number of ejaculations to ensure you're shooting blanks, after all. . . Surely Anna would be willing to be joyfully unavailable for a few days at least. Since she's already pregnant and all anyhow.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, LilJen said:

He should do it BEFORE M5 is born. It takes a certain number of ejaculations to ensure you're shooting blanks, after all. . . Surely Anna would be willing to be joyfully unavailable for a few days at least. Since she's already pregnant and all anyhow.

If Josh ever got a vasectomy, he would keep it a secret from Anna.  If Anna knew, she'd complain to Jim Bob and there would be hell to pay.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 4

How would Josh be able to pay for a vasectomy (or any other secret medical procedure)? He has no insurance (which he couldn't use anyway because it would leave a paper trail) and I can't believe Jim Bob would trust him with any sum of money over $20 - $50. I know he's supposed to be a used car dealer once again, but that's a family-owned business and I doubt if he receives any real kind of salary. Jim Bob probably pays the Smuugars' household expenses and doles out a meager allowance.

And where would Josh go to be snipped? He wouldn't dare go to a local doctor; there's too much risk of word leaking out. He'd have to go to an out-of-town doctor someplace where nobody knows him and I doubt if he's allowed to leave the compound by himself for more than a quick trip to the nearest convenience store.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

I wonder if Jim Bob isn't scared of what he will find so it's easier to put his head in the sand and leave Josh alone.  If he doesn't follow Josh around, he can assume Josh is clean and go about his merry way...controlling his other kidults. 

Josh has learned the most important lesson in his life.  He can do ANYTHING and he will be taken back into the fold and forgiven.  He has no motivation to stay clean and get well.  Why would he?  He can walk all over Anna, Jim Bob, Michelle, Jessa, Jill and his other sister victims. 

The only one that I think holds a grudge is JD.  His TH way back about Josh seemed pretty darn sincere.  I'm sure he says he has forgiven and all is well but his anger came from the heart. 

He's still being tracked. These are Duggars, and JBoob will do anything he has to to pinch his last penny . If that means keeping Smuggar off-camera to keep TLC happy to get paychecks, he will willingly do it. I still vote against a Smuggar appearance on the show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Ans what is JD angry about? Josh's married life is certainly not his business. Angry about losing the tv show?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I will start a GoFundMe account for Josh's vasectomy. Who's with me?

How much does a bag of rubber bands cost? Not quite a vasectomy but hey, it works for farm animal. Gonna need some bleach and heavy gloves too.

• Love 7

To me JD (and Jana) seems like a reluctant participant in the circus. Don't have a link, nor any evidence to back up my claim. Just one of those things. But like his siblings he respects, perhaps fears his father, and is much easier to just go along. Then there is the guilt trip about the show being their ministry. If he was exposed to real ministry on a regular basis, perhaps he'd be less willing to join the farce. 

Re the anger, the family is so intertwined that they all felt cheated on by Joshley. It would be nice to see the same outrage about the molestations. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How much does a bag of rubber bands cost? Not quite a vasectomy but hey, it works for farm animal. Gonna need some bleach and heavy gloves too.

Actually, this is the tool used for livestock.  It takes about 30 seconds.

0 0 1 Josh and Jim Bob.jpg

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That's one way. A lot of people still do use thick rubber bands things to castrate. We can just pull one off the newspaper for josh.

Whack him on the nose with the newspaper if he growls. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

What is JD angry about? Josh's married life is certainly not his business. Angry about losing the tv show?

I think his words were the most sincere of all

“I always wanted to be like him. But one of the toughest things I had to tell my older brother was, I don’t want to be like you anymore,” says John-David.

As the second eldest of the Duggar brothers, he says it’s now up to him to set the example. “It’s a big load. It’s a big weight upon me now,” he reflects as the video shows younger Duggars playing at a family gathering.

“I’ve got a whole bunch of younger siblings looking up to me, and I’ve got to be an example to them,” he adds, “Because whatever I am, that’s what they want to be. I know that’s how it was for me and Josh.”

From 

http://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-scandal-family-speaks-out-on-jessa-and-jill-counting-on/

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“I’ve got a whole bunch of younger siblings looking up to me, and I’ve got to be an example to them,” he adds, “Because whatever I am, that’s what they want to be. I know that’s how it was for me and Josh.”

JD is putting a lot of pressure on himself. and most of those brothers are just about grown. JD  can't raise someone who is already grown and hold himself responsible for their failures... or their successes.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“I always wanted to be like him. But one of the toughest things I had to tell my older brother was, I don’t want to be like you anymore,” says John-David.

As the second eldest of the Duggar brothers, he says it’s now up to him to set the example. “It’s a big load. It’s a big weight upon me now,” he reflects as the video shows younger Duggars playing at a family gathering.

From 

http://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-scandal-family-speaks-out-on-jessa-and-jill-counting-on/

Well, it's interesting that John David didn't say that he wanted to be like his Dad.  He also didn't say that Jim Bob was the example for the other brothers.  I guess that is what happens when kids raise the younger kids instead of the parents doing that.

• Love 18

Hey, Fayetteville has a Planned Parenthood that does vasectomies, and they have a sliding scale for payment if Josh hasn't kept any of his money separate/hidden.  That's not far from the TTH; he can just do a little detour on his way to the used car lot for an hour or so and then not sit for the rest of the day.

I know it won't happen, but if it did wouldn't that just be the biggest irony that ever ironied?

And he sure as hell wouldn't tell Anna if he got snipped; she'd be furious and might even tell JB, whereupon there'd be hell to pay.  Better for him if she just thinks she can't conceive any more--after all, it's always the woman's fault, right?

As for needing to get snipped before Anna gives birth: oh, I think he can wait. I'm sure he'll have the tubes cleaned out before Anna can have vaginal sex again--remember, if it's a boy, he's supposed to wait 40 days after the kid is born.  He doesn't seem to me like a guy who goes without orgasms for long.  Although it's possible, given recent photos, that he's substituted food instead.

Edited by Fosca
forgot some stuff
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ans what is JD angry about? Josh's married life is certainly not his business. Angry about losing the tv show?

JD said he was angry about his brother living a double life and being a liar. Not being who he claimed to be.  

JD was the only one who made actual sense from a normal person/ non-Duggar perspective. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

I'm scared to think of how that thing works! I don't even want to imagine! 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's still being tracked. These are Duggars, and JBoob will do anything he has to to pinch his last penny . If that means keeping Smuggar off-camera to keep TLC happy to get paychecks, he will willingly do it. I still vote against a Smuggar appearance on the show.

Jim Bob doesn't give a shit about Josh, Anna or the M kids.  He just wants to make sure Josh doesn't cause another scandal.  So if he is tracking him, it's only out of selfishness. 

Who the hell knows with these sicko men.  Maybe Jim Bob has told him "do what you want but this time, keep it private" 

Look at Gothard. His crimes were covered by many men. Happily.

Jim Bob has covered for Josh before. Maybe he is covering for him again. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jim Bob doesn't give a shit about Josh, Anna or the M kids.  He just wants to make sure Josh doesn't cause another scandal.  So if he is tracking him, it's only out of selfishness. 

Who the hell knows with these sicko men.  Maybe Jim Bob has told him "do what you want but this time, keep it private" 

Look at Gothard. His crimes were covered by many men. Happily.

Jim Bob has covered for Josh before. Maybe he is covering for him again. 

I think JB cares about Anna and the M-kids in the sense he won't let them live on the street. Nor do I think he blames Anna for Josh's issues. But their emotional well being? NAH. 

I could see JB telling Josh to cheat the old fashioned way, meaning no internet posts and no camera phones so things don't get leaked to the media. I think Anna is the only one who believes Josh has changed. 

I can see him getting a vasectomy though, but it will be after he cuts and runs from the lifestyle. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From 

He's going to be the tell-all Duggar, isn't he?

• Love 4
On 3/29/2017 at 7:38 AM, Fosca said:

guess what? the wife has to go to the pre-scheduling appointment with the guy.  dont see that happening.....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aja said:

He's going to be the tell-all Duggar, isn't he?

Yes. He's the one with the most dirt, and he's also the smarmiest one who is going to serve himself and not care who he harms. Then blame the devil.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, their protestations to the contrary, I wonder whether JD wasn't given the expectation that everybody he was supposed to look up to in his family was perfect. Daddy, Mama and the young "leader" of the family, Joshley.

So maybe he spent years and years suppressing his feelings about the molestation stuff and continuing to look up to Josh, as I'm sure he was told to, in an effort to remain faithful to that idea. And then when it came out that the molestations hadn't been an aberration committed by a child, and Josh had gone on being a jerk and wasn't ideal after all, J.D.s suppressed distress and anger about the molestations (and possibly tons of other little arrogant crap Josh may have dished out to his siblings over the years, while they were told to look up to him (my embroidery only, of course), as well as the warping stuff done to the other kids in the name of preventing further molestations) came rushing up and overwhelmed JD with a very very powerful pissed-off feeling? 

I've always thought some of the anger about the adult cheating was really misplaced distress about the molestations, which I expect the kids were mostly required to just shut up about and pretend never happened. Holding that in for years and years will lead to an explosion eventually, for most people, I think. 

JD may very well have been expected to look up to the father. But consider for a minute that all of these cult groups are really in to hierarchy, 'umbrellas of protection', etc. Is Gothard/ATI also one of them that was really into birth order shaping personalities, etc, too? 

JD is the second son. He may have been following the lead of his big brother, who had been Prince Josh who could do no wrong, and may have had a little hero worship going on there. 

Somebody refresh me as to who within the family actually knew about the molestations when they happened. Did JD even know? He doesn't seem like a very curious or inquiring personality, so he may have been oblivious if the girls were told to keep it quiet or they'd shame the family and go straight to hell, or if he believed the fake '33% of all households have sibling molestation' BS Jill believes. 

So even if JD didn't know about the molestations, or if he was able to reason that away with whatever BS the parents told him (everybody does it, the devil made Josh do it, he's sorry, girls are fine, no biggie, etc.), JD seemed absolutely devastated to learn about the Ashley Madison and cheating on Anna. Maybe JD thought Josh was truly repentant and being a good role model, sincere in working with this DC group, etc., but it was all a huge lie. That's a lot to take in. I don't think JD resents being a good example for his brothers, because he's dull as dirt and I'd be shocked if he was into anything shady or even remotely interesting. If he resents anything it's being totally lied to by his own brother.

Side note = I also wonder how much Jana was aware of these instances, and if her not being one of the sisters Josh touched has anything to do with Jessa and Jill's attitude's toward Jana. Jessa always did pick at her and almost seems to resent any attention Jana gets, and Jill loves to boss her around. Jinger will do whatever Jessa tells her. Also, why did Josh not target her? Were the others younger and easier to take advantage of, or would Jana be the one to actually knock him upside the head and know this is not normal.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Small correction: Jill said that "statistics show" that TWO-THIRDS of all families have molestation going on. Of course, she never said where that number came from. 

probably from Josh

• Love 7