Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Josh has changed his appearance a bit.  yes, beards are trendy but I bet he is trying to not be so recognizable.  His hair is a bit different than '"when he went to camp"  (as Teresa Giudice likes to call things).   

• Love 3

Anna has sure been cooking a lot of comfort food. He's gained at least 50 pounds since he was released from "camp" (finding the weight that T claims Joe has lost), and it's no surprise that Anna is sporting a food baby of her own again these days. I also imagine the pressure on her to keep sweet to maintain some public semblance of a happy marriage is unbearable, and she's also stress eating. 

She was doing so much better when she was eating salads with the Duggar female kidults. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That hairline has receded way back. 

He's all in on the emotional eating. Probably the only time he feels happy when he is eating. He looks massive and his head seems to small for his body.

Sad he is too attached to Boobs tit to get away and find happiness- which I think even despite all of Josh's indiscretions - he would be totally happy being able to be a single/divorced 28 year old man going to the bar and sleeping around with willing participants. I can't even imagine the amount of repression that is going on. I think it is only a matter of time tho before he snaps.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That hairline has receded way back. 

Probably the reason for the beard.  My dad is bald but has a beard.  He said he was determined to have hair somewhere on his skull, so if wasn't on top of his head, it would be on his face.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Portia said:

Why was Jana invited to a "couples shower"? Catering? Cleanup?

Catering, clean-up and babysitting duty, most likely.

Who's house was that? Those pictures make me want to slap some paint and artwork on those walls. All that gray and white looks so institutional.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna has sure been cooking a lot of comfort food. He's gained at least 50 pounds since he was released from "camp" (finding the weight that T claims Joe has lost), and it's no surprise that Anna is sporting a food baby of her own again these days. I also imagine the pressure on her to keep sweet to maintain some public semblance of a happy marriage is unbearable, and she's also stress eating. 

She was doing so much better when she was eating salads with the Duggar female kidults. 

You know how smokers gain weight when they stop?  Maybe that is how he is quelling the urges.  Need to see a boob?  Eat a donut.  One impure thought?  Burrito!  Lustful stirrings for anyone other than Anna?  Gimme that pizza!  I suspect he is telling Anna he is having stomach 'issues' so he can spend many unchaperoned moments in the bathroom.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Readalot said:

That's crazy that Jessa, let alone Bin, can voluntarily sit across from Smugger. 

Well Jessa was brainwashed into believing that josh's actions are normal and happens in every family, plus the devil made him do it. 

Ben, I don't know how he handles it, or the other couple. 

• Love 5

I wonder what Julie's connection to Benessa is? They're so much younger than she (I think she's 30 like Famy). Maybe Benessa are attending Cross Church now?  I've seen Julie at the TTH before, so inviting some Duggars isn't that far-fetched.  I can see Jana and even Smuganna being invited; Julie's brother saved Smuggar's house and Jana is in age range. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well Jessa was brainwashed into believing that josh's actions are normal and happens in every family, plus the devil made him do it. 

Ben, I don't know how he handles it, or the other couple. 

Bizarre to see him beaming, sitting across from the person who molested his wife and caused so much havoc for the family. That goes beyond forgiveness, to complete memory loss. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Bizarre to see him beaming, sitting across from the person who molested his wife and caused so much havoc for the family. That goes beyond forgiveness, to complete memory loss. 

Cognitive dissonance personified.

• Love 13
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:02 AM, Kokapetl said:

Get some Brazilian plastic surgery, change his name, he could have a shot at a normal life. 

And be the next president of the USA.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, awaken said:

You know , for the family, that was all years in the past when it came out publicly . They had dealt with it at the time (no matter what we think should have happened, according to their logic, they did all the right things ) and moved on .  

• Love 2

Cutesie evidence that the Smugs made it down to Florida for Thanksgiving, and that the pic Koka posted was taken on Monday or Tuesday before they left. We know the Duggars have been in Branson since then from Jill's pics both at the Dixie Stampede and later at this "cabin." I think the oldest girl is one of Esther's (probably to help traveling from Africa alone with an infant). Rebekah's girls are tow-headed blondes (and not pictured here).

• Love 2
On 11/22/2016 at 10:23 PM, awaken said:

The rest of us are anxious to avoid memory loss. But in the Duggar family -- and in families like them -- a whole lot of memory loss is an absolute requirement. People are ordered to lose memories, and assisted in losing them by constant brainwashing, propaganda and gaslighting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Also, the  commas in that sentence are incorrect. They have more than one granddaughter,  so her name is a restrictive element and should not be set off  commas. To be fair, though, it's possible they forgot that Mere exists.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well they didn't even spell their granddaughter's name correctly.  Or whoever posted didn't.

And to think Mechelle actually corrected her baby shower cake. I imagine it's a spellcheck issue, but still, you should make sure you spell the names of your orogeny correctly. The command issue is a very common error; I see it almost daily in my work.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she is much smaller, but just because she is so young and had no baby weight yet. She still doesn't lol waify thin or very petite like Jinger.

she also looks just like a brunette Priscilla there. 

That crunchy perm is cringeworthy. As is the spouse.

• Love 5
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎22 at 7:23 PM, awaken said:

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The rest of us are anxious to avoid memory loss. But in the Duggar family -- and in families like them -- a whole lot of memory loss is an absolute requirement. People are ordered to lose memories, and assisted in losing them by constant brainwashing, propaganda and gaslighting.

I don't think you have to go too deep into the psych library; Bin is an idiot.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That crunchy perm is cringeworthy. As is the spouse.

I bet she wishes at every duggar wedding that she had married when the show was more popular and the family was modern modest! She would be such a beautiful bride today. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I bet she wishes at every duggar wedding that she had married when the show was more popular and the family was modern modest! She would be such a beautiful bride today. 

I bet she wishes she had known exactly what she was signing up for before she got married. She probably would have held out for a better husband.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I don't think you have to go too deep into the psych library; Bin is an idiot.

True. Plus, he wasn't on the scene when anything happened so it's not really real to him, and  his wife has brainwashing reasons plus her own reasons for pretending that none of it matters. .... And he's seduced by the joy of having JB get him on TV.

But when I think of denial in this gang, I always think about the whole dynamic for the whole gang because I'm sure that's real and I'm sure it's horrifying, and definitely in teh psych realm. There's no way you could get this many people to pretend that things that happened don't matter without a whole lot of fancy dancing. Even with dummies like the Duggar kids. And that sickens me too much not to have outbursts. What Bin "thinks" never signifies because he's too dim and he didn't experience any of this history anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
making my sentence make sense
  • Love 1

Smugs and Anna must be in Chatanooga. Looks like the Shraders are home. Fundy family reunions are rather interesting. Rather joyless children, eh?

Edit - Blech! Commented said, "It's so nice seeing Joshua out and about again!!! Please, tell him he has been missed by a LOT of loyal Duggar fans. :)" EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays
Further comment on photo
  • Love 7

I posted this in the Sweet Fellowship thread a little earlier, since it's mostly Kellers. :)  They spent Thanksgiving in Florida. Is this cave in Tennessee? That's quite a haul in one day with all those little ones AND at least Ma Keller (in a montage that Davey posted). I figured they were still somewhere in FL. 

• Love 1

Geez, I wish I would have known the Keller gang was in Chattanooga & what their itinerary was.  Mr. Barb is working in Chattanooga & I could have sent him on a Keller family sighting.  Except he is not a Duggar (Keller) fan & wouldn't know who they were if he fell over them. 

I forgot how plain Anna's gown was. I know it was hand sewn -- it definitely needed a few more inches on the hem.  Boy that crunchy perm was too much. 

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gross. The Kellers should be hiding Smuggar in the background with Anna, not letting him take the damn picture, front and center!

7 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

Smugs and Anna must be in Chatanooga. Looks like the Shraders are home. Fundy family reunions are rather interesting. Rather joyless children, eh?

Edit - Blech! Commented said, "It's so nice seeing Joshua out and about again!!! Please, tell him he has been missed by a LOT of loyal Duggar fans. :)" EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Who are those awkward looking adult twins? Did they coordinate their tops?