Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Read someplace that Anna is in Florida with the 2 youngest kids and the 2 older ones are at Michelle and Jim Bob's.

I can totally understand that Anna couldn't wrangle four small kids on a plane on her own, but if this is true I feel for the oldest M's right now. First there is all the drama of Joshgate I where they had to move out of their house, then Joshgate II happens and their dad just goes away for who knows how long, and now mom leaves them too (though I'm assuming she won't stay in Florida for long). That's a lot of upheaval and turmoil for kids that age. I hope Anna has sat down and talked them through the situation properly.

• Love 7

In her own words Priscilla Waller describes her thoughts and feelings when she accepted David Waller's courtship:

I cried out to the Lord as I headed back to the lodge: “Lord, I know that love is not an emotion! Please show me what you are doing.” Jogging down the road, the Lord reminded me of the road He trod to Calvary. That was certainly not a road of emotion. He prayed three times that, if it was possible, to have this cup pass from Him. However, God so loved the world that He sent His only son to lay down His life for us. True, sincere love is not an emotion, but it is laying down your life. I needed to lay down my life, my plans, my future, my all so that together, we could go farther for God.

Bless her confused little heart. Seriously, she is very confused. She's mixing up her theology and metaphors in a weird way that smacks of parroting bits and pieces of what she's heard all her life. 

• Love 9

Very well put, XrystalPond. This whole thing's been terrible for the kids, and of course, their needs will never be adequately addressed by this bunch.

I don't know that Anna would go anywhere without ALL the kids, though. I'll need to see verification of this rumor. I also know that all Anna's idiot parents will do is force her to stay with Josh. A few weeks staying at her brother's would be a godsend, no matter what she ultimately decides to do. Just the chance to be real without all the bullshit would fix a lot of Anna's problems.

• Love 3

I can totally understand that Anna couldn't wrangle four small kids on a plane on her own, but if this is true I feel for the oldest M's right now. First there is all the drama of Joshgate I where they had to move out of their house, then Joshgate II happens and their dad just goes away for who knows how long, and now mom leaves them too (though I'm assuming she won't stay in Florida for long). That's a lot of upheaval and turmoil for kids that age. I hope Anna has sat down and talked them through the situation properly.

I hope so too, but at the same time, I can't imagine her doing it. I can't imagine her even thinking about it. If she's thinking about it at all, it's how to conceal it from the kids - for as long as possible.

• Love 3

Children are often more resilient than we're giving them credit for.  If not, how would they survive their parent(s) going off for military service, business travel or incarceration?  Would a single parent never be able to be absent from their children?  Surely the 2 oldest M-kids can survive a few days/weeks being at their grandparents' home - a home that they know well, and one that has multiple aunts and uncles who can play with them and care for them.  It's not as though they were dropped off to survive in the woods alone somewhere!

• Love 12

Children are often more resilient than we're giving them credit for.  If not, how would they survive their parent(s) going off for military service, business travel or incarceration?  Would a single parent never be able to be absent from their children?  Surely the 2 oldest M-kids can survive a few days/weeks being at their grandparents' home - a home that they know well, and one that has multiple aunts and uncles who can play with them and care for them.  It's not as though they were dropped off to survive in the woods alone somewhere!

Thank you.  I was about to bust out my Helen Lovejoy "WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" meme.  Those kids are probably having a fine time surrounded by (admittedly misguided) people who love them doing stuff that's different from what they normally do.    

• Love 9

Interesting that the two oldest are safely imprisoned at the TTC. Anna goes on a trip to see her family, some of whom are vocally opposed to her remaining with Josh. If JB and MEE-chelle keep two of her children, it ensures that Anna will come back and continue to serve her undeserving, piece-of-shit husband when he comes home from "rehab."  If Anna had left with all four kids, you can bet that JB and Mullet would have been sweating out whether Anna would come back (and thus sticking them with useless Doughboy, sweating on their sofa for the rest of his life)

• Love 8

I was just about to say this. Plus, Josh and Anna used to travel often for appearances without the kids, so it's not like they have no concept of what it means to be without mommy and daddy.

• Love 3

Kids that age have very little concept of time when it comes to these things. I can imagine that they might be fearful that Mommy is away just like Daddy is away. You can explain to a child all you want that you will be back or Daddy will be back, but they are much more concrete in their thinking. They aren't looking at it as ____ days until ______ returns. It is more about being alone and that person not being there.

Children survive separation all the time, but these kids aren't even used to the small separation. They don't go to daycare or school. They are with Anna 24/7. So being away from her for a long period of time (even a few days) could be traumatic.

If M1 and M2 were told they're living with their aunts and uncles as a sort of vacation, they'd swallow it, and they'd be less affected or even totally unaware of daddy being banished to churchie prison fo something, and mommy being upset by that something.
  • Love 2

Kids that age have very little concept of time when it comes to these things. I can imagine that they might be fearful that Mommy is away just like Daddy is away. You can explain to a child all you want that you will be back or Daddy will be back, but they are much more concrete in their thinking. They aren't looking at it as ____ days until ______ returns. It is more about being alone and that person not being there.

Children survive separation all the time, but these kids aren't even used to the small separation. They don't go to daycare or school. They are with Anna 24/7. So being away from her for a long period of time (even a few days) could be traumatic.

Well, we know they can skype, so I hope they are doing that.  Can Josh have any contact with them while he is at 'rehabilitation'?

Another thought.  Why couldn't Jinger or Jana accompany Anna and then all 4 kids could have gone.  Perhaps not enough room at Keller's house?

Edited by Ilovemylabs

I just hope that Anna (and by extension the grandparents) are paying attention to the impact all of this is having on the kids.

Unfortunately, I've got very little hope that any of the grandparents give a shit about the mental well-being of any of those kids =( All 4 of them have demonstrated in their life thus far that as long as everything is fine on the surface (though it's not clear to me how Priscilla posting on the internet about her marriage equating the road to crucifixion is "fine on the surface," but these people are so warped they think it is, so whatever) they couldn't care less what's going on in their head. 

The M boys will just be taught the "Devil" made their Dad do it and he just couldn't help it because he's a man, and the M girls will be taught to accept the horrid "boys will be boys" attitude these people love so much. So sad...I'm hoping they'll realize it's all baloney and go hang out with Anna's brother more often!

• Love 5

inorite? I just don't get this at all. If Jesus was not incarnated as a human, with all the standard human traits like wanting not to be tortured to death or not wanting his mom to watch him being tortured to death, what exactly did He sacrifice and how does it redeem us and why do we owe Him our lives over it? It's like the Gothard lifestyle is so offensive to the basic instincts of human nature that they have to turn God into Marvin, the paranoid deity to justify it.

What is "inorite"?

Bless her confused little heart. Seriously, she is very confused. She's mixing up her theology and metaphors in a weird way that smacks of parroting bits and pieces of what she's heard all her life. 

Unfortunately, this appears to be the only approved mode of thought among the Gothard generations.

• Love 2

Unfortunately, I've got very little hope that any of the grandparents give a shit about the mental well-being of any of those kids =( All 4 of them have demonstrated in their life thus far that as long as everything is fine on the surface (though it's not clear to me how Priscilla posting on the internet about her marriage equating the road to crucifixion is "fine on the surface," but these people are so warped they think it is, so whatever) they couldn't care less what's going on in their head. 

The M boys will just be taught the "Devil" made their Dad do it and he just couldn't help it because he's a man, and the M girls will be taught to accept the horrid "boys will be boys" attitude these people love so much. So sad...I'm hoping they'll realize it's all baloney and go hang out with Anna's brother more often!

Agree fully - and it almost defies the laws of nature. Most people fight like dogs for their own offspring, often so intently that they're oblivious to any danger for themselves. Boob, Me-chelle & the Kellers [Mike, Suzette?] are so drunk on Gothard koolaid that they are completely incognizant - or outright ignoring - the needs of their own children and grandchildren. Beyond amazing to me...

• Love 10

I just hope that... the grandparents...are paying attention to the impact all of this is having on the kids.

Why do I think that, if this were happening, it'd be the very first time?

I'm sure Anna is trying to do this, according to her lights. But, wow, when you think of the hash JB and M are probably making of helping their children and grandchildren through this whole series of events -- scary. Because neither has ever really paid serious attention to another person's reactions and feelings in a lifetime, I expect. And pretty much ditto the Kellers, I think.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Agree fully - and it almost defies the laws of nature. Most people fight like dogs for their own offspring, often so intently that they're oblivious to any danger for themselves. Boob, Me-chelle & the Kellers [Mike, Suzette?] are so drunk on Gothard koolaid that they are completely incognizant - or outright ignoring - the needs of their own children and grandchildren. Beyond amazing to me...

I think JimChelle were phoning it in or the last few years at least, they are somewhat normal and indulgent compared to the Prison ministry and hair shirt devotees Ma and Pa Keller.
  • Love 2

Agree fully - and it almost defies the laws of nature. Most people fight like dogs for their own offspring, often so intently that they're oblivious to any danger for themselves. Boob, Me-chelle & the Kellers [Mike, Suzette?] are so drunk on Gothard koolaid that they are completely incognizant - or outright ignoring - the needs of their own children and grandchildren. Beyond amazing to me...

I think there's more to it than that with Jim Bob. I think Jim Bob is That (Bitter) Guy who even after the parent he hates isn't alive any more still defines himself as an aggrieved son. I think how bad he was screwed by his dad is so central to his self-definition that there isn't a situation in life where he doesn't see himself as the victim of the situation. Hell, Satan made Josh a predator specifically to screw Jim Bob's political chances. And nobody around Jim Bob gets to value anything differently than he does.

I genuinely believe that nobody's looking out for the kids because the big noisy baby of the household sucks up all the attention.

• Love 9

I don't know what to make of this article if it's true or not that Anna took the kids and has left for Florida. I know we have been discussing the possibility but this is the right article that I have seen about it.

What do you guys think?

http://www.webpronews.com/anna-duggar-and-children-leave-josh-duggars-arkansas-home-move-to-florida-2015-09

I think Amy and her husband should tuck away the money they're getting for being anonymous sources close to the family, because I think their free ride is coming to an end. And I hope Anna gets to live her life without cameras pointed at her.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

Oh Lawd....

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/09/25/anna-josh-duggar-divorce-siblings-intervention-end-marriage/

“Daniel is leading the charge to get Anna out of her dysfunctional marriage and away from her cheating husband,” an insider tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “He has rallied a couple of their sisters and brothers to take this opportunity to talk some sense into Anna. They know when she’s at home surrounded by the Duggars and their friends, Anna will never listen to them. But Daniel and the others are hoping that getting her away from the Duggar clan will help. They want to stage a family meeting or divorce intervention and really tell Anna how they feel.”

I'm sure Prissy can be distracted by some shiny objects.

• Love 9

Are we watching for Josh tonight? Last week was so dull (the broadcast, not the comments).

Let's see...Tonight Josh is competing with Phil and The Amazing Race premiere - NO CONTEST!  Josh loses again!

Enough Josh, it's time for another Duggar to step up and provide fodder for us.

4vtlQ5V.jpg

Jim Bob and Michelle go trans - and still try for #20? (Amazing how the man morph looks like Josh with just a bit more hair).

• Love 21

4vtlQ5V.jpg

Jim Bob and Michelle go trans - and still try for #20? (Amazing how the man morph looks like Josh with just a bit more hair).

It only makes scientific sense. Since Jim Bob's plumbing is still working, as he not so subtly hinted to us, as I recall, who better to birth the next 19?

• Love 3

That article someone posted the link to says Anna is in Florida with all four kids. When did they ambush KK for the free donuts? Mack and Mike were still in Ar. then.  I hope the article is true, and she has all four kids with her. However, I can't see her leaving Josh.

I dunno.  I think Anna wanted Josh to take the D.C. job for the $$, and as far as having the baby on TV, I think that was also related to TLC and the $$.  I don't think she cared about the cameras at the time she was in labor and delivering, because frankly, at that point, most women just want the baby out.  When I was delivering, all of my modesty went out the window.  I could have cared less who saw me, or came in the delivery room door. "Just get this baby out of me!" was all I was thinking.

I don't remember seeing anything on the show about Anna pushing Josh to take the D.C. job. Maybe I'm forgetting something? I always got the impression it was Joshie who wanted the cushy job and D.C. life and that Anna was sad to leave her support system, but maybe not.

• Love 2

I wonder how Anna feels about Jill and Jessa getting these new specials - is it a relief to her that Duggar tv might return for all? Does she feel better that Josh didn't ruin it for everyone? Or is she secretly jealous and resentful that they're getting what she had? 

I watched/listened to the RU Friday night service this afternoon while I was cleaning the kitchen.  Cisco was always my favorite.  Then he told his wrestling story. He seemed pretty damn proud that he had bloodied up his opponent and torn his face up.  Does he not understand that Greco-Roman wrestling is not a blood sport?  I lost a lot of respect for the big name.  Not very Christian of him to be joyful at the pain he caused another.  And of course there was no Josh sighting.  He would be hard to distinguish among the pasty, pudgy white guys in attendance that we only see from the back.  

On a completely different note, Mechelle makes a pretty cute guy.  Maybe she should purpose to get a pixie cut.  Can we find a way to convince her and Jim Boob that god has laid it on her heart to cut her hair?  

• Love 10

I watched/listened to the RU Friday night service this afternoon while I was cleaning the kitchen.  Cisco was always my favorite.  Then he told his wrestling story. He seemed pretty damn proud that he had bloodied up his opponent and torn his face up.  Does he not understand that Greco-Roman wrestling is not a blood sport?  I lost a lot of respect for the big name.  Not very Christian of him to be joyful at the pain he caused another.  And of course there was no Josh sighting.  He would be hard to distinguish among the pasty, pudgy white guys in attendance that we only see from the back.  

On a completely different note, Mechelle makes a pretty cute guy.  Maybe she should purpose to get a pixie cut.  Can we find a way to convince her and Jim Boob that god has laid it on her heart to cut her hair?  

I had the same reaction when Cisco told that story.

• Love 3