Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I think the reason why they are laying low is because they are waiting for all this to die and go away. Notice to Smuggar  this will never go away.

I agree. I've been watching their social media accounts and no one is letting this die; though Facebook seems to be the worst, instagram is a close second. I truly don't think they realize the scope of what they let out of the bag---then again, if they haven't gotten it now, they probably never will. 

• Love 1

It seems like so many of the reality tv show books ends up at the Dollar store. I run in the dollar store maybe once a month to get the few items I consider a good value and I always look at the book aisle. I have at least 40 of the reality tv stars books on my shelf from the Dollar store, everyone from Kate Gosselin to Bill Ranic to the Hiltons and yesterday I got the Tori Spelling book. On an embaressing note my middle school aged daughter was in an honors class and they up the reading to 200 books at the end of the year to get an award so she sat and read my pile of reality tv books. First she pointed out the many grammar errors and what easy reads they were. Then as she wrote what the books were about the word narcissistic came up so many times her teacher almost docked her points for using the word so much. The Duggars books have to be some of the easiest to read books ever. I guess that is what their  core audience demands?

I would love Josh to write a book if he was honest and open but we know that will never happen. I'm not sure if I would buy his book for $1.

A good and cheap way to get the fireplace going.   

• Love 2

I'm not interested in any of their books, I have to admit. And you are talking to someone who read the tell all by Barry Williams - Greg on THE BRADY BUNCH - so my standards aren't terribly high here....

• Love 14
(edited)

II'm not interested in any of their books, I have to admit. And you are talking to someone who read the tell all by Barry Williams - Greg on THE BRADY BUNCH - so my standards aren't terribly high here....

I read that one as well. In fact I paid $2.50 for it so it is one of my most expensive "tv star" books.

I would be curious to know what Josh has read. I have seen the ATI approved book list and it is very short and not diverse at all. I wonder if he read anymore books since he was married. Could one even hope he read maybe a political biography? I can't imagine what his conversations were like at all the political fundraisers. I would suppose he always steered the conversation to his large family or pro life issues and avoided and talk of literature, history or debate.

Edited by silverspoons

I'm not interested in any of their books, I have to admit. And you are talking to someone who read the tell all by Barry Williams - Greg on THE BRADY BUNCH - so my standards aren't terribly high here....

I read a rather insane story online about Barry Williams and the dad from ALF. Did he mention Max Wright in his tell all?
  • Love 1

FTR, whoever they are paying to handle their social media now is right on top of things. All dissent is being shut down in no time flat. Heck, I was even banned. All I did was tell a young leghumper that she really didn't understand the full extent of the wrong that Josh did. I might have also used the word FELONY. Oh well, I went down with guns blazing. :D

Oh Sew Sumi,

I kinda love it that you're always willing to go out on a limb and take one for the team...

And I can always count on you to usually be the first to report what's what on their social media, and what the gossip & general media sites are reporting. :)

• Love 9
I have seen the ATI approved book list and it is very short and not diverse at all.

Approved reading list... there's just something very very wrong with that notion. And of course, out of morbid curiosity, I have to ask what exactly is on this approved reading list?

• Love 2

Approved reading list... there's just something very very wrong with that notion. And of course, out of morbid curiosity, I have to ask what exactly is on this approved reading list?

Anything where Gothard gets a cut of the royalties, I bet. Grifters gotta grift.

I think Josh and Anna were pretty constrained even when they were living in DC. They spent a lot of time back in the family compound and even when they were in town they had to be conscious of representing the Duggars as all that was good and holy in this world. It would hardly do for people to see them cutting loose the second they were out from under JB's headship, doing wild and crazy things like reading books that aren't about Jesus.

• Love 3

Anna was saying that since the mother nurses the baby, the dad should change the diapers.

That comment solidifies that she did not have all the information about Josh's issues.

• Love 13

Nice "blurring " technique, Anna. It makes Josh look even more pasty and doughy.

It's like Barbara Walters took the picture.

Or it's a screenshot from from a washed up seventies or eighties TV stars infomercial.

• Love 4

"Thank you for raising such an awesome husband". FFS Anna, he molested his sisters, and then later went on to try whip up baseless "Peds under the beds" hysteria against groups of people he didn't like. Plus he totally ballooned.

• Love 15
(edited)

I thought they were one in the same. My bad.

The tax records show 3 structures on the property. TTH, huge warehouse on the street, and a third small warehouse. I think the small warehouse is the guest house, formerly ben's house of heatstroke.

Edited by Kokapetl
(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI5vJis06Wg

Josh is out of hiding. Looks like they're in Ben's old apartment on the compound.

So whoever is watching their social media accounts is clearly failing on that YouTube video. I wonder if it'll get deleted before a rag picks it up highlighting that the American public (and internationally as well) are just not letting this go. 

I also didn't miss how planned that kiss at the end seemed; like "Oh it's the next ending" look on Anna's face. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 3

The tax records show 3 structures on the property. TTH, huge warehouse on the street, and a third small warehouse. I think the small warehouse is the guest house, formally ben's house of heatstroke.

The guesthouse is closer to the TTH and may not be listed on county tax records yet, as it's still pretty new. The smaller warehouse is still completely a warehouse; the downstairs was where they spraypainted the 200 blue flamingos in the M4 gender reveal episode. Ben slept in that one-room upstairs loft. Obviously, the guest house is much nicer, and was recently used to film the TH segments (they had used that small warehouse to do this in previous years).

• Love 1

What does it mean when a video is unlisted?  It says the video is unlisted and to be considerate when sharing.  

Someone isn't monitoring the comments on this one very closely.  They are all very anti-Josh.  

• Love 1

What does it mean when a video is unlisted?  It says the video is unlisted and to be considerate when sharing.  

Someone isn't monitoring the comments on this one very closely.  They are all very anti-Josh.  

It means that you need to link to find it; you can't just search for it. 

• Love 1

This also proves that have no concept of social media; the whole 'unlisted' thing---if they actually thought they could upload something and no one would see it without it being privacy locked, they're more naive than I thought. 

• Love 2

Does unlisted mean the media technically can't (or at least, shouldn't) report on this?  I wonder if intense negative response to this video would be enough to get TLC to make some sort of decision.  

Also, what was the purpose of this video? They live in Arkansas, I guarantee they saw Jim Bob today, and if not, they will see him within the next few days unless he's shut Josh out (doubtful). Shouldn't this video been a viral message for her dad who they don't live near? It literally serves no real purpose beyond another avenue to attack them on. 

Does unlisted mean the media technically can't (or at least, shouldn't) report on this?  I wonder if intense negative response to this video would be enough to get TLC to make some sort of decision.  

No, there is no legality behind an unlisted video. Now let's say they made the video private with a password and the media hacked their account and then reported on it; they may have a better case, but since this video is free to watch by anyone with the link---it's fair game. 

• Love 7

Josh said in his IG post that they spent time with JB today. They probably filmed that bit yesterday with Jason. I wonder if because a minor is running "Duggar Films," that they are protecting the account from being searched, only accessible if an official Duggar account passes along the link? 

It's obviously not being looked after by the consulting firm that Jill hired (the head of which is Huckabee's PR guy who got them the Megyn Kelly interview). THAT guy was banning people right and left earlier today all over Duggar social media. One friend of mine got banned from three pages. Oops! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Josh said in his IG post that they spent time with JB today. They probably filmed that bit yesterday with Jason. I wonder if because a minor is running "Duggar Films," that they are protecting the account from being searched, only accessible if an official Duggar account passes along the link?

It's on the duggar family official youtube page, not Duggar Films. If it even matters...

Edit: I've seen the link on pickles and hairspray, reddit, etc. It's everywhere. I doubt this was really a private message, most of the kids did one, and they're all very staged.

Edited by JoanArc

It was also posted to YouTube by the DuggarFamily account (ie Duggar Films). That is what people are referring to as being unsearchable. 

That said, yes, it's all over the internet, regardless. :D

Jackon's video 9 seconds

James' 11 seconds

Johannah 7 seconds

Jason 13 seconds

Jed 21 seconds

Jessa 5 seconds

Jill 18 seconds

Josh......drum roll, 58 seconds!

What was the point of all of these again?

• Love 6
(edited)

Anna doing the same old' Michelle' look, the beatific beaming up at her husbands face...who in the real world does that for Gods sake?!!

Edited by KateUK
  • Love 12

In one of their books, Mechelle and Boob explained that they mainly read Christian biographies. Anything involving relationships, or anything not G-rated for any reason, is off limits. I remember them saying they watch "select episodes" of the Andy Griffith show, but skip those involving deception or romance. I cannot get over how grim a life without fiction would be. I guess it wouldn't be as bad if they were allowed to read books about REAL history, not crappy workbooks written by Gothard and co., real science, real art, etc., but all that is off limits too.

Josh is out of hiding. Looks like they're in Ben's old apartment on the compound.

Wow, so evidently no one is working overtime to delete the negative comments, because that's all there is. Joshie needs to hire his best bud TFDW to help out, because TFDW is very quick to delete anything remotely negative from his own Youtube videos.

• Love 3
(edited)

Anna doing the same old' Michelle' look, the beatific beaming up at her husbands face...who in the real world does that for Gods sake?!!

Nancy Reagan was famous for it. Back in the day, one of the first hits on Hillary was that she didn't do it. Whatever else Michelle is, she's also a politician's wife, and so, until recently, was Anna.

In one of their books, Mechelle and Boob explained that they mainly read Christian biographies. Anything involving relationships, or anything not G-rated for any reason, is off limits. I remember them saying they watch "select episodes" of the Andy Griffith show, but skip those involving deception or romance. I cannot get over how grim a life without fiction would be. I guess it wouldn't be as bad if they were allowed to read books about REAL history, not crappy workbooks written by Gothard and co., real science, real art, etc., but all that is off limits too.

While I tend to agree that no-one at the miniature golf course without a very, very specific kink is going to be tempted into unwanted sexual feelings by watching Jim Bob simulate mounting Michelle doggy style, I still see a disconnect there.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5
(edited)

That's the guesthouse. Ben lived in the warehouse. 

Poor Ben.

And my prize for best comment goes to:

"Josh, you already know the world thinks of you as a vile and evil person so no need to revisit the obvious, but genuinely curious---why didn't Anna get to say a message for her dad? You now live in Arkansas and likely saw Jim Bob today; you don't need to upload a video to YouTube to tell him something...but Anna's dad? He's not local, the message should have been about her."      [Mr Kadje]

Kinda reminds me of how Ben's family got to sit in the back row at his graduation. JOY, my aunt Fanny.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Who says "I am so grateful for your investment in our lives" to their father?  Is he referring to the Bank of Jim Boob or something? Josh needs a better scriptwriter.

I've heard Jim Bob and Michelle use the phrase "invest in the child/children" many, many times on the show. It's ATI speak like when they "purpose" to do something.

• Love 2

Damn it, I was trying to hold out and not click on the link, but my curiosity got the better of me. I love how they managed to get plugs in for both Josh and Boob. Apparently they're the most amazing husband's and fathers EVAH!!! When they're not covering up sex abuse, that is.

• Love 10
Who says "I am so grateful for your investment in our lives" to their father?

That's what passes for being articulate in the Duggar household, I guess.
In one of their books, Mechelle and Boob explained that they mainly read Christian biographies.

I wonder if their aversion to fiction - with a few Gothard-approved exceptions, of course - has anything to do with the way novels have been shown to be able to open up people's minds and make them more comfortable with ambiguity. (I think I posted a link to a study here before.) That's anathema to people like them.
  • Love 5
(edited)
Weaker women would walk away and write him off as a bad person but you can see the good and work past it. Bravo. Stay strong, Duggars!

A comment from the gelatinous Instagram photo. Sometimes I worry about my sanity when I read this tripe. Am I hallucinating? No, it doesn't appear so. Holy crap.

pporterunHappy Father Day Jose You Are A Good Dad & Person

Hahahaha, I'm surprised that one didn't get deleted. Jose. Hahaha.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 5