Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ariel said:

ITA - with those TLC paychecks, they can't afford a cleaning person to come in & help out?  I'm sure where they live, they can find someone on the cheap.  

Someone who piles up dirty diapers is in need of something more than a cleaning person. I'm in agreement that the diapers and disgusting sheets are just a bridge too far. I've found surprise dust once in a while, but 6 months? 

I was a stay-at-home mom and never much of a housekeeper. There's a difference between clutter (toys, clean laundry that needs to be put away) and filth. The Seewald home is just disgusting. And like with her "don't cook" proclamation, she seems to take a perverse pride in it. 

• Love 22
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

They can now. But by the time the boys are school-age and they've tossed another two or three blessings onto the pile? Only if TLC is still involved. And frankly, I'm beginning to think that sheer boredom may do what scandal could not... make so many people tune out that TLC ends the show.

From your lips to God's ear. 

• Love 9
On 10/21/2017 at 6:43 PM, Scarlett45 said:

No- there is NO EXCUSE for 12 (?) dirty diapers to be piled on the dresser. No excuse for ONE- throw it in the trash! Bathroom trash or kitchen trash? TRASH CAN. It's an extra step to pile it on the dresser.

Honestly, I am still a little bit nauseated about that. Do we have any extra-strength brain bleach? 

• Love 3
On 10/23/2017 at 1:48 PM, Lunera said:

Jessa is thinking ahead for when the show gets cancelled. She's working on gaining a follwing of mommies so that she can start a mommy blog, those women make money from ads and get tons of freebies. Also, I agree that she has someone who ghost rights her posts because I seriously doubt she wrote that. The person must have also written Joy's baby announcement because I could not believe she wrote so eloquently for someone who can barely talk in full sentences. 

I thought the husbands were supposed to be the breadwinners in these fundie marriages?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I thought the husbands were supposed to be the breadwinners in these fundie marriages?

They change their rules as often as we change our underwear, when a new rule suits them better. The girls are all the breadwinners, but as long as no one says it out loud, its good.

I would hazard to guess that a Fundy woman openly sharing that they're the bread winner is more egregious than say, cheating on your spouse.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8

Jessa is really trying hard to be a "mommy blogger". 

No thanks, babe.  She cannot cook at all.  Her house seems to be dirty which makes me feel that she does not have a routine or schedule.  Her clothing is pretty sloppy. Her homeschooling cred consists of that miserable SOS curriculum. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They change their rules as often as we change our underwear, when a new rule suits them better. The girls are all the breadwinners, but as long as no one says it out loud, its good.

I would hazard to guess that a Fundy woman openly sharing that they're the bread winner is more egregious than say, cheating on your spouse.

What we would call a side hustle, they call a ministry.

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'll confess this thread inspired me to clean my house extra well this weekend. I'd been tired from a new job and some thyroid thing and had slacked a little (but NOT to the point of sleeping on soiled sheets or leaving fecal matter laying around), but this kicked me back into gear. I even scrubbed all the grout on every tile floor! Thanks, Jessa! You're doing the Lord's work... just not in the way you intended. 

So funny, because she inspired me to deep clean my bathroom today, and I'm not at all religious.  

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

So funny, because she inspired me to deep clean my bathroom today, and I'm not at all religious.  

If Jessa is hoping to make it as a SAHM lifestyle blogger, this could be her angle! Kind of like how people declutter extra hard after watching Hoarders. Or watch My 600-lb. Life while eating. (So I've heard...)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I need to do some serious deep cleaning myself in several places in the house.  The grout on  my ceramic tiles in my hallway and downstairs bathroom are an absolute disgrace.   I guess Jessa has had us all examine our own hypocrisy when it comes to our less than perfect homes?

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I need to do some serious deep cleaning myself in several places in the house.  The grout on  my ceramic tiles in my hallway and downstairs bathroom are an absolute disgrace.   I guess Jessa has had us all examine our own hypocrisy when it comes to our less than perfect homes?

Grout brush with a long pole + Oxiclean in warm water. It goes pretty quick!

I don't think most of us are too hypocritical, as long as we're all doing better than the bodily waste on multiple surfaces that Jessa is oddly not fazed by. (And I actually kind of like her and Ben, but DAMN that's nasty.)

• Love 12

I’m not the world’s greatest housekeeper and have been known in my kids’ early years to sleep on several towels or even a bare mattress when they were sick and had an accident in our bed.  However that stuff got changed as soon as possible and my sheets NEVER looked like that.  Just ew.

And whose diaper pail goes out of commission?  If all she has is a fancy diaper genie, then she needs to get real. A bucket will do in a pinch. Or even a garbage bag with a drawstring. It isn’t hard.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Ugh, it’s still preying on me. Not just how could anyone let twelve dirty diapers pile up, but why would that even happen?

I've seen a lot in life, but never used diapers on a dresser.  I have seen stinky, nasty piles of diapers in a regular trash can though.  

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I guess Jessa has had us all examine our own hypocrisy when it comes to our less than perfect homes?

I don't think it's hypocrisy, either. JocelynCavanaugh. I'm no Martha Stewart, and there's dog and cat fur on my floors that needs sweeping, and they could use a mopping, too. I'm not a pig, though, and there is no fecal matter on my dresser. All of the other stuff can go under bad housekeeping, but the fecal matter is just gross.

Unfortunately, Jessa doesn't have enough real-world experience to understand that there is a line -- and a dozen dirty diapers on the dresser is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over that line. Think about that. Her own life experience is such that she didn't even know that, and she was surprised that those photos generated the response that they did. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'll confess this thread inspired me to clean my house extra well this weekend. I'd been tired from a new job and some thyroid thing and had slacked a little (but NOT to the point of sleeping on soiled sheets or leaving fecal matter laying around), but this kicked me back into gear. I even scrubbed all the grout on every tile floor! Thanks, Jessa! You're doing the Lord's work... just not in the way you intended. 

I had decided to work from home on Friday (when I saw her post) and I spent the majority of the morning scrubbing the shit out of my kitchen.   My dogs were just thrown for a loop by my aggressive cleaning.  lol 

• Love 17

I have some grout in the bathroom that needs attention. Thanks for the Oxiclean tip @JocelynCavanaugh! I have a great spinny scrubber tool, but have just been using shower cleaner. Maybe the Oxiclean will make my groutlines closer to white than they've been in years (I'm more concerned about my tile floor....I can use Tilex in the shower itself). 

THANKS, JESSA! I too feel like less of a slob now. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

I haven't known what to say, because I'm none too neat myself. I often have allergies, but I manage to throw away my tissues, and any other stuff like that. If I thought my sheets were dirty, I'd change them. 

It makes me sad, because I think this in some way reflects her childhood. I think probably Michelle was a lot messier in their smaller house with so many little kids before her big girls got older and they were on tv with some incentive to keep the house clean since other people all over the country were watching their house. Michelle was suposedly able to all the housework, and homeschool and be pregnant and supervise the kids and be JB's buddy and take care of her elderly father . For help, she had her daughters and a woman who helped do their laundry. So I bet there were days where it seemed everything went crazy, and she didn't manage to throw our diapers.

I also think that if she had come from a different family she wouldn't have chosen this lifestyle, and that's probably part of it, too.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9

What I find sad is that if Jessa thinks it's ok to leave dirty diapers laying around, her family probably did too.  Multiply that by how many young children the Duggars had living in the TTH at one time.  I think TLC had to hire people to do a lot of cleaning up for the Duggars before they could film them or they just filmed in certain rooms that were easy to clean.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

Now I feel bad. Seeing Jessa’s filthy house with dirty diapers and spit-up sheets made me feel pretty contented with my housekeeping. So I sat back and enjoyed more ptv and bonbons. Hahahaha

You win this thread!

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I have a pretty large family.  I had THREE in diapers at one time. I'm not a neat or organized person by nature. 

YOU THROW THE FUCKING DIAPER IN THE GARBAGE, even if your stupid diaper pail is broken. 

Not put it on the dresser like a knick-knack and then photograph it. 

It's poop.  It smells bad and is full of bacteria.  It never belongs on your dresser.  That is simply disgusting. TWELVE OF THEM?????

That's not "mom life".  That's called "slob life"

From a mom of one, I love your post :)  Slob life pretty much says it all.  Gawd, what mother that was CLOSE to normal would post that shit!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I totally agree with you. I have to say, though, that doing this is so bizarre that it makes me feel bad for Jessa. There just has to be something warped in your head to do that, doesn't there? Doesn't there? There are so many things wrong with not knowing better than to do this. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I totally agree with you. I have to say, though, that doing this is so bizarre that it makes me feel bad for Jessa. There just has to be something warped in your head to do that, doesn't there? Doesn't there? There are so many things wrong with not knowing better than to do this. 

JB & M. Gothard. Arrested development. Grandiose feelings of superiority, to name just a few.

• Love 9

They grow up so isolated and have no idea what is socially acceptable. As someone else noted at a point Michelle had a few kids in diapers. Maybe that is Jessa's normal, shitty diapers piled high until the Lord sends an angel with a diaper pail. Their upbringing is so bizarre, but it's also all they know. Then there are the leghumpers praising them for every stupid thing they do. OMG Jessa that sweet potato and ground beef dish looks delicious! Wow, you have date nights even after having two kids. No you fucking nincompoops, it's called having dinner with your spouse, people do it all over the world.

• Love 22

15 minutes, Jessa. That's how long it took me to change out my bedding, and that included hauling out a stool to get the required sheets down from the highest shelf in the closet. Surely even Henry naps longer than that. 

And it looks like the Vuolos were her houseguests, based on what @Lunera found. I assume the senior Vuolos stayed in the Duggar guest house, and they all flew out to Laredo after their stay in AR. 

• Love 3

I wonder what condition the Duggar guest house was in when (if) the senior Vuolos stayed there. I'd take my chances with a hotel, a heck of a lot cleaner.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 5

They have JSlaves Hannie and Jenni who are plenty old enough to get the place ready for guests. Wanna bet Jessa also used them to clean her house? As long as Jessa threw out those diapers and changed the bed; if she did use her sisters, I hope to baby Jesus that she didn't give them the nasty jobs.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy, either. JocelynCavanaugh. I'm no Martha Stewart, and there's dog and cat fur on my floors that needs sweeping, and they could use a mopping, too. I'm not a pig, though, and there is no fecal matter on my dresser. All of the other stuff can go under bad housekeeping, but the fecal matter is just gross.

Unfortunately, Jessa doesn't have enough real-world experience to understand that there is a line -- and a dozen dirty diapers on the dresser is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over that line. Think about that. Her own life experience is such that she didn't eveen know that, and she was surprised that those photos generated the response that they did. 

I was 16 going on 17 when I graduated and decided that since I didn't know what to do in life I would take the summer off. My father had died in September, and my sister just got divorced.  I expanded my vacation by helping out and taking care of my two young nephews  (two and not quite one). Even with the youngest getting explosive diarrhea depending on what he ate, (he was starting solids so it was a time of experiment, one he did out grow with no food allergies or other problems). In spite of the fact that most diaper changes also included bath time, and I was expected to keep up with the housekeeping and start dinner, even at that young age, I knew you don't keep dirty diapers laying around.  The housekeeping may not have been gold or even bronze standards, diapers were thrown away. And yes, there was quality time. I played with them, took them shopping and to museums.

• Love 7

UGH,I really don't want Jessa/JB & M to use the Lost Girls to clean for them, but it is what they were bred to do. That and become broodmares for Jesus. It's really upsetting to think of the wasted possibilities with all the females, heck all 18. I'm excluding Josh, because he is an entitled loser, child molester, adulterer, and all around waste of life.  I'm going to hell for this but counter protesters at Duggars bullshit rallies should make signs with Joshley's face. If it saves the world from an asshole like him... Sorry in advance.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Grout brush with a long pole + Oxiclean in warm water. It goes pretty quick!

Thanks, Jocelyn.  Good suggestion. Brush with a long pole makes a difference. Used to be, many scrubbing brushes had a hole you could fit a broom handle in. They have mysteriously disappeared and are pricey if you do find one on Amazon. Oxyclean products are great, but I found something else that works even better.

We were a serious multi cat household after I stopped fostering. There’s a product called ECO-88 that I discovered for getting urine smell and all kinds of pet and body stains and odors  out.  I was out of Clorox spray, so I sprayed some on my filthy grout and it foamed up and I wiped it off and the results were amazing.  Went over it with the Shark to get the rest of it off and give it a good sanitizing stream.  Beeyooteeful. 

Vinegar is wonderful for taking nasty smells out as well and freshening drains and removing lime scale.  Just remember it’s acidic and can corrode metal if you don’t rinse. Get the stronger white vinegar for pickling.  Cats hate vinegar so rinse or wash anything of theirs you’ve attempted to salvage well.

Vinegar and baking soda are such basic, fantastic, tried and true, cheap and cheerful for freshening and cleaning homes. Since Duggars are all into all that old timey old fashioned stuff, you’d think that Jessa would easily use any of these to keep her home clean and fresh. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thanks, Jocelyn.  Good suggestion. Brush with a long pole makes a difference. Used to be, many scrubbing brushes had a hole you could fit a broom handle in. They have mysteriously disappeared and are pricey if you do find one on Amazon. Oxyclean products are great, but I found something else that works even better.

We were a serious multi cat household after I stopped fostering. There’s a product called ECO-88 that I discovered for getting urine smell and all kinds of pet and body stains and odors  out.  I was out of Clorox spray, so I sprayed some on my filthy grout and it foamed up and I wiped it off and the results were amazing.  Went over it with the Shark to get the rest of it off and give it a good sanitizing stream.  Beeyooteeful. 

Vinegar is wonderful for taking nasty smells out as well and freshening drains and removing lime scale.  Just remember it’s acidic and can corrode metal if you don’t rinse. Get the stronger white vinegar for pickling.  Cats hate vinegar so rinse or wash anything of theirs you’ve attempted to salvage well.

Vinegar and baking soda are such basic, fantastic, tried and true, cheap and cheerful for freshening and cleaning homes. Since Duggars are all into all that old timey old fashioned stuff, you’d think that Jessa would easily use any of these to keep her home clean and fresh. 

Remember Hints from Heloise? Advice from Arwen!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

I have a pretty large family.  I had THREE in diapers at one time. I'm not a neat or organized person by nature. 

YOU THROW THE FUCKING DIAPER IN THE GARBAGE, even if your stupid diaper pail is broken. 

It's poop.  It smells bad and is full of bacteria.  It never belongs on your dresser.  That is simply disgusting. TWELVE OF THEM?????

That's not "mom life".  That's called "slob life"

Oh, I'm next door to positive that some now-banned person pointed out in the comments that mountains of dirty diapers on furniture is photographic call-CPS-on-you territory, thus the backtracking spate.  

The top of a young family's bedroom furniture should not represent a landfill.

• Love 9
On 10/20/2017 at 6:01 PM, Angeltoes said:

Jessa, to quote Urban Cowboy (which you've never seen and I just watched for the hundredth time), "Y'all live like pigs!"

Aunt Corrine said that when she went to Bud and Sissy's trailer.  That was before Uncle Bob died in the explosion and Pam moved in. 

Lol. I've seen it 200 times. My husband and I quote it almost every day. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Aunt Corrine said that when she went to Bud and Sissy's trailer.  That was before Uncle Bob died in the explosion and Pam moved in. 

Lol. I've seen it 200 times. My husband and I quote it almost every day. 

I LOVE this movie and have seen it a million times.  I said months back this couple remind me of Bud and Sissy and now we have the pics that they too live like pigs!  I really wanted to go to Gilley's after I saw this movie the 1st time.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I LOVE this movie and have seen it a million times.  I said months back this couple remind me of Bud and Sissy and now we have the pics that they too live like pigs!  I really wanted to go to Gilley's after I saw this movie the 1st time.

I first saw it in the theater with my parents when it first came out. It was the very first VHS tape I ever bought, now I have it on DVD and we still watch it every damn time it's on TV.   I tell my husband that he's not my daddy, he'll tell me "I'm the next best thing to your daddy, I'm your husband and I say you ain't never riding it, ever", then I tell him he's just jealous because I ride it better than him.   We're such dorks, we can pretty much recite the whole movie. And we always call each other Bud and Sissy (or Dan and Roseanne if that applies, lol). 

So sorry. I went waaaaaay off topic. I just love this stupid movie. 

• Love 12