Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Ben has something in his personality that just comes off the wrong way...kinda grating and preachy.

If he wants to be a minister, he needs to address that immediately or he is pretty damn done.  No one, other than family, wants to listen to that attitude. I don't know what kind of school or classes he is attending or what his academic plans are, but he needs an advisor to point that out to him.  Most 20 year olds are know it alls but Ben puts a twist on it and makes it cocky. 

Ben has a long, long way to go before he becomes any sort of preacher. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ben has something in his personality that just comes off the wrong way...kinda grating and preachy.

If he wants to be a minister, he needs to address that immediately or he is pretty damn done.  No one, other than family, wants to listen to that attitude. I don't know what kind of school or classes he is attending or what his academic plans are, but he needs an advisor to point that out to him.  Most 20 year olds are know it alls but Ben puts a twist on it and makes it cocky. 

Ben has a long, long way to go before he becomes any sort of preacher. 

.....Any sort of preacher that anyone would want to listen to.

• Love 5

Yet Stephen Anderson is to me even worse than Ben and has a church.  There are people who want to hear some very odd things preached in church.  What is scary is that Ben could find a following before he seems to many of us to have actually "grown up."

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yet Stephen Anderson is to me even worse than Ben and has a church.  There are people who want to hear some very odd things preached in church.  What is scary is that Ben could find a following before he seems to many of us to have actually "grown up."

Is he the Pissing Preacher? Maybe he should team up with Jeremy to cover all the phallic bases.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't want Ben to work with underprivileged people at all...he'll go into it just like Derrick and Jill do, thinking he has something of value to offer when he has zero knowledge or experience.  Enough with the godforsaken poverty tourism that does nothing but make privileged imbeciles think they're good people.  I don't know what the solution is, but putting him in a position of authority is not the way to go about any positive change. At the very least, to start, he needs to stop with the Bible study and get a real education...the kind that makes Texas textbook writers froth at the mouth. 

https://www.instagram.com/barbiesavior/

2 hours ago, Aja said:

Late to the party, but re: Bin's "empathy" post; I'd like to know if he feels the same about the LGBT community.

Yeah, 'bout that.

• Love 6

I can answer that LGBTQ qwuestion for ya

Love the sinner. hate the sin.

See? Just like ben said it. Then he will find 10 verses to support the sin part of it. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

I don't feel like being shabby so I'm not watching the video. Based on your observations this is what I thought:

Me: let's go for a walk on the beach (to the park, whatever) 

5 year old daughter: mom, can we take some food and a blanket and have a picnic?

Me: sure!  That's a great idea!  Please come help me get ready. 

Seriously, it's sad that critical thinking skills are JUST being developed but I guess better late than never. 

3 hours ago, Aja said:

Late to the party, but re: Bin's "empathy" post; I'd like to know if he feels the same about the LGBT community.

Not a chance. After all, people can't help being "not white," but they choose to be LGBT. That kind of moral weakness can be cured with prayer. The Bible says so if you look hard enough and read it just right. 

I hold out little hope for Binny. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Is he the Pissing Preacher? Maybe he should team up with Jeremy to cover all the phallic bases.

Yes, he is.  He seems even more off the beam than Jeremy or Ben.  Ben's philosophy/theology you can find in every large town and city in Arkansas.  Jeremy's is probably the same.  I thought Ben needed a lot of work until I saw a video of another missionary pastor this week and he makes Ben sound almost literate.  It's scary.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

I, used to, love the Barbie books that had real Barbies in real Barbie clothes. At least those I could call delightfully campy. Wonder if Mattel knows what god hath wrought.

Have you seen the Bible with (fake) Lego illustrations ?

Okay, now I love that.

Possibly because I was thinking of Legohead in some of the more gruesome illustrations. heh

Edited by Churchhoney
22 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Awww, you believe his motives are selfless. Here is what I hear from weepy fleshy fingers, "I'm not racist and you are na na na boo boo."

It's going to take several friends to break through and Bin will get one hell of a smackdown from someone brave enough to let him have it. Let's see if there's anyone in his life who will do so.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Not a chance. After all, people can't help being "not white," but they choose to be LGBT. That kind of moral weakness can be cured with prayer. The Bible says so if you look hard enough and read it just right. 

I hold out little hope for Binny. 

Imagine the look on the face of the ultra-righteous Mars Hill Church alumni that I formerly worked with when I told her under no uncertain terms, "No, you don't choose to be LGBTQ. You're born that way. And to claim that you "love the sinner and hate the sin" is straight up bigotry."

Again, it's going to take someone who Bin considers a friend to get in his face and tell him point-blank that not only is he wrong, he's hateful.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

All right. My actual jaw doesn't hit the actual floor very often. But it's made an exception for this. My favorite is the sunglasses that say Missionary and Famous.

The one where Barbie is fitting a girl with shoes (heels) reminds me of the Duggs and their nail polish.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Marigold said:

Well, you gotta squint and look closely but...she has some books in her home, she has posted a few recipes that were not frozen and covered in goo crap, we saw a post with organic milk and their most recent post of taking a family walk, even wearing board shorts for boating rather than those Duggar bathing suits...

To us, this is obvious stuff.  To Jessa?  She thinks she is spliting the atom. 

Marigold, that's exactly right..no matter what the Duggars do, they do it like they think they were the first to split the atom or some such.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yes, he is.  He seems even more off the beam than Jeremy or Ben.  Ben's philosophy/theology you can find in every large town and city in Arkansas.  Jeremy's is probably the same.  I thought Ben needed a lot of work until I saw a video of another missionary pastor this week and he makes Ben sound almost literate.  It's scary.

Oh but the Pissing Preacher is awesome entertainment!  We put him on utube on our huge TV and laugh so hard!  Imagine a preacher standing up on the pulpit, waving his arms and screaming his point!  Imagine the horror of whipping off your belt and demonstrating how to beat a kid, probably with your own embarrassed kids sitting in the front row!  His disgusting rants against the gays and lesbians are classic.  His paranoia against the government, his wife's godly refusal to vote because that's a man's duty,. Bla bla bla!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Marigold, that's exactly right..no matter what the Duggars do, they do it like they think they were the first to split the atom or some such.

This is what happens when you're raised in complete isolation by two of the most arrogant people on the planet.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if this is related to their being generally innocent of a lot of the world. You know how little kids just light up when they figure something out? It might be similar for the Duggar kids/YAs; they seem very much to be at developmental levels quite a way below their chronological ages, in some areas at least. I don't mean to sound as rude as I do; I just think they really are excited about some stuff that most of experienced ages ago. Run free, little Duggars. 

PS: And/or what Churchoney said!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2016 at 2:03 AM, Zella said:

Yay! I was an English major too! :)

I read The Scarlet Letter and The Crucible around the same time when I was in my teens, and both of them had a major impact on me. 

Just realized that in a continuance of the Hawthorne theme, Goodman Godman has potential, too, though I think Goody Godman is still my favorite. 

Another English Lit major here.  And since Halloween is coming up, and I imagine the Duggars are afraid of the fun, I decided to weigh in.  BOO!!!  Satan is coming for you!!!

I live near Salem and know about Judge Hathorne and why Nathaniel Hawthorne changed his name. 

Young Goodman Brown, one of the creepiest stories ever. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if this is related to their being generally innocent of a lot of the world. You know how little kids just light up when they figure something out? It might be similar for the Duggar kids/YAs; they seem very much to be at developmental levels quite a way below their chronological ages, in some areas at least. I don't mean to sound as rude as I do; I just think they really are excited about some stuff that most of experienced ages ago. Run free, little Duggars. 

That is exactly right. 

They really believe that they are coming up with good stuff.  Shows how uneducated and isolated they were/are.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think it's a combination of the two!

They're both way younger than their ages, so I'm sure it is the developmental thing, and also brainwashed by jerks. Another feather in the caps of the Parents of the Year to make their kids look like asses all the time because of this one-two punch of cluelessness. Depressing, like so much else about them. Because it's going to take years and years and years for them to figure any of this out, if they ever do.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Henri205 said:

Another English Lit major here.  And since Halloween is coming up, and I imagine the Duggars are afraid of the fun, I decided to weigh in.  BOO!!!  Satan is coming for you!!!

I was hoping he'd be the special guest on the show tonight. ..

• Love 4

I'm not sure what she is doing in that second picture.  I mean posturing in a big ole phony way to emphasize the baby.  I think she does that in her sleep by now.  But even with the over-rutched way she has her shirt, her back is kind of wonky.  I mean she is either so exaggerating the arch in her back she is going to accidentally shit herself soon or she discovered Kim Kardashian selfie morphing trick to create oversized asses with fake waistlines.  Only in this case Jessa's going for fuller. 

I love that instead of preaching true tolerance Bin instead basically says "I'm holier than you are, so there!"   There is such a smug tone to the whole thing that basically tries to rub the noses of the offenders not just for their sins but not coming to the conclusions Bin has without his guidance.  So sad.  You can just feel the compassion and pity Bin feels for those good Christians who still are just not as good as he is. 

• Love 6

Jessa blew her twins tease away with that picture. She is much smaller in the current picture. 

I think with each pregnancy Jessa has visions of TLC filming them forever. I'm thinking she'll quit making babies when TLC quits filming.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa blew her twins tease away with that picture. She is much smaller in the current picture. 

I think with each pregnancy Jessa has visions of TLC filming them forever. I'm thinking she'll quit making babies when TLC quits filming.

Or maybe she's not as far along as she thinks, in the absence of a sonogram.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

She'll be 3 weeks over her due date and enjoy the prolonged speculation and baby waiting threads .

Edited by lianau
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, lulu69 said:

At the rate that the married Duggar girls pee on sticks, I would guess Jessa has a close to accurate idea to when she got pregnant, although maybe not as close to 25 weeks and 4 days.

And delivery dates have been fairly close to accurate long before ultrasounds made their appearance.

• Love 2

I'm ruminating on Jessa's lack of medical care. Can she really be depending on Jill, non-licensed Jill, to deliver this baby? I know Jill needs an excuse to stay in the States. But she's not even licensed to practice in the state. Maybe that's why this pregnancy is being kept so under wraps, even without weekly bump pics. Jessa certainly still has time for them. Ben is just doing online school and maybe "working" for Boob as a cover. They make good money from this show. Jessa has shown absolutely NO hobbies or interests in the run of this show. Unless being a stealth bitch is a hobby....

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Interestingly, she didn't use an app this time, but as of yesterday when she posted this, she was 25w4d. Yeah, I got curious about how close to Ben's birthday conception happened. She probably based due date on her last period, so conception date would be fairly accurate. It was a boring Thursday night after Mother's Day and about a week before Ben's b-day. 

http://www.yourduedate.com/report/due-date/2017/02/02/

If she's due in February, then she's no way 26 weeks preggers. I think she's comparing her baby belly now to the 6 months of the last one. I think it's twin tease.

5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If she's due in February, then she's no way 26 weeks preggers. I think she's comparing her baby belly now to the 6 months of the last one. I think it's twin tease.

I think she is due February 1st or 2nd, so that would leave November, December and January to get through, which is about 14 weeks. Out of a 40 week pregnancy that puts her at around than 26 weeks.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period, assuming you know that day and have a normal cycle. So, she would know the exact weeks, days.

They're that obsessed with babies that they would know exactly what's going on...they are always tracking their periods.  I realize when nursing, one can have irregular periods...but the little minx knows exactly what she's doing.  Michelle went to an OBGYN, why are the girls eschewing prenatal care? Anyone that pro life it seems would want to know they were doing all the right things. Surely they could find a pro life doctor in those parts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

They're that obsessed with babies that they would know exactly what's going on...they are always tracking their periods.  I realize when nursing, one can have irregular periods...but the little minx knows exactly what she's doing.  Michelle went to an OBGYN, why are the girls eschewing prenatal care? Anyone that pro life it seems would want to know they were doing all the right things. Surely they could find a pro life doctor in those parts.

Even an OB is going to use the LMP as the gold standard for the due date if one is known.   Ultrasound dating is still just too unreliable on its own.  There are some due dates that are calculated from conception, but that is mostly used by women undergoing fertility treatments.  It's not a super special Duggar conspiracy to calculate due date from the LMP.  Now it could be very possible that Jessa pulled a due date out of thin air based on dates they had sex, basal temps, and likeliness of ovulation but it would still be reported as weeks/days.  

We know that Michelle gave birth in a hospital most times, but we don't know how much routine medical care she had before she met the parameters for having a high-risk pregnancy.  I got the impression for the early births that she showed up at the hospital once her water broke.

Edited by Saytura
  • Love 1

Do we definitively know that Jessa isn't getting regular prenatal care?  Many doctors aren't too keen to have a camera in the room with them in this highly litigious society we live in.  I could be something that they just aren't showing and she's not mentioning because it's *so borrrrring and kinda grosssuh*.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Do we definitively know that Jessa isn't getting regular prenatal care?  Many doctors aren't too keen to have a camera in the room with them in this highly litigious society we live in.  I could be something that they just aren't showing and she's not mentioning because it's *so borrrrring and kinda grosssuh*.

Jessa has said she didn't have an ultrasound at 17 weeks and when they announced at 13-ish weeks she had not heard a heartbeat yet.  Both were throwaway comments during their respective episodes, so they are more likely to be true.  That screams no official prenatal care since routine care would include both.

Also with Spurgeon IIRC she was Jill's guinea pig while Jill was still stateside.  The only ultrasound Jessa had was one to determine gender at a glamour ultrasound practice, not a doctor's.

Edited by Saytura
  • Love 4

I can't believe Jessa would be so stupid as to forego professional care less than a year after she hemorrhaged during delivery and required an emergency transfer. Note to Bin: BUY SOME FUCKING HEALTH INSURANCE. If you can't cover it on your toilet scrubber salary, then note to Boob: BUY SOME FUCKING HEALTH INSURANCE, YOUR DAUGHTER COULD'VE DIED, YOU IDIOT. Sorry for the all-caps rant, my mind is just boggled that these girls continue to take unnecessary risks with both theirs and their baby's health.  

• Love 19

I wonder if Ben is still on his parents' insurance plan.  Gwen Seewald seems like the type of parent who would pay for her kid's health insurance until they paid for their own or aged out. We've seen Ben with different pairs of glasses since he started courting Jessa.  It's weird that Jessa seems to have had no prenatal care while Ben has possibly gone to an optometrist semi-regularly (though it's good to see someone in the Duggar fold care about their health).  

Fingers crossed that Jessa delivers the baby in a hospital or at a birth center.  It's not the time to double down or have an FU internetz moment.  I almost wish that TLC would stipulate that they would only film the birth if it was in a hospital or, at the very least, have a licensed professional present.    

• Love 7