Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Bin has the traits of a lot of military guys I know - passionate, disciplined, in great shape, enjoys being part of a team or cause, moral, wanting to fight the bad and defend the innocent - but also in need of a good leader to focus them at this stage in life. Bin's leader is Jessa. She's focusing him so full of hate, just like his dad did before. It's sad.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Bin I see is just hot for a wife to be joyfully available, undisciplined, in great shape, enjoys thinking he's part of a cause, immoral ( his brand of religion is better than Catholics who are in error and going to hell, gays are doomed - there are other examples) wanting to fight the bad and defend the innocent? Nope I don't see that either - he's attacking the innocent and making everyone bad who doesn't agree with him, in need of escape more than in need of a leader.  Bin's leader is the original Spurgeon who does his thinking for him.  Sad? I think he can be full of hate all by himself and Jessa just agrees with him and they agree with each other on that.  He doesn't care about me and I couldn't care less if he is sad, maybe he should be so he can figure out his own errors.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 4

I mentioned their other (martyred) hero Elliot in the Friends thread. 

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Spurgeon (original) was like 5'3". Even shorter than Napoleon! Whatever, he sure had a serious complex and hatred for Catholics. And not an iota of joy. Ben has learned well. 

• Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I mentioned their other (martyred) hero Elliot in the Friends thread. 

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Spurgeon (original) was like 5'3". Even shorter than Napoleon! Whatever, he sure had a serious complex and hatred for Catholics. And not an iota of joy. Ben has learned well. 

I went through a few of his quotes....he sounds totally judgmental and joyless.

i guess if he had an ad campaign, it would have gone something like this: 

Calvinism: it's not for everyone. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
13 hours ago, louannems said:

Is that Spurgeon, Ben's true hero?

Wow! Ben DOES look like Spurgeon!  Or at least he will, in a few years!

That's why I posted it...the resemblance seemed uncanny...give him a few years of a diet of CFA, chickenetti, and tater tot casserole. 

• Love 1

But lots of people are named Charles. That would hardly distinguish him as the personally-favored-by-Jesus, TV-show-leverage baby that he is.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

And it never occurred to these Seewald nitwits to just name their child 'Charles' and use Spurgeon as a middle name. Nope.

But then they would not be flaunting how much holier they are than the rest of us! Using "Spurgeon" draws more attention to them. You know, the way you do when you're modest.

• Love 18

I have to say that name got a lot of attention. One of my roommates who doesn't follow the Duggars much commented on it without me bringing it up. It was a name fit for "big celebrities" like the Seewalds. 

1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Didn't Trump pick a fundie as his VP? Might make him acceptable to the Duggar types.

Yes, Pence is one of their Tea Party ilk. He apparently can't be trusted to go into any place that serves liquor without his wife. What the actual fuck? If they're in Cleveland, it's to support that side of the ticket that Drumpf NEEDS to have any chance of beating Hillary. I'll stop talking politics here; I just wanted to illustrate WHY the Duggars may not have to vote for the guy without plugging their noses now. They probably did likewise with McCain who was certainly FAR too liberal for them by himself. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, Pence is one of their Tea Party ilk. He apparently can't be trusted to go into any place that serves liquor without his wife. What the actual fuck? If they're in Cleveland, it's to support that side of the ticket that Drumpf NEEDS to have any chance of beating Hillary. I'll stop talking politics here; I just wanted to illustrate WHY the Duggars may not have to vote for the guy without plugging their noses now. They probably did likewise with McCain who was certainly FAR too liberal for them by himself. 

Agreed, it made all the sense in the world to me that he had to choose a Veep candidate that would be more palatable to the evangelicals...it was def part of his strategy. I'll say no more than that since I don't want to be on a slippery slope.

Anti gay and anti choice and anti science...any candidate that satisfies these requirements regardless of office would appeal to the Duggars.

No doubt Jessa will find some way to take a selfie and post it...trust me, if she was at the RNC, don't you think it would gave been all over Instagram? I'm sure they'd find an excuse to load up the stink bus to visit the ark and give Miracle Snowflake her science lesson at the Creation Museum on the way back.

• Love 3

Well, we know some of the littles are home, Josie being one of them, so at least we know the Duggar Family Orchestra won't be part of the entertainment. LOL

It also appears that KJB and Mechelle were home yesterday, but Mechelle and Jessa could have also posted old pictures to distract us from their real location. If they DID go, there could be selfies, since TLC never films them doing politics. 

What a cute little stanker!  He's Jessa's "Mimi Me".  Sadly, Jessa's deprivation from popular culture prevents her from knowing who Mini Me is. I think those shoes could have belonged to Izzy or one of the M&Ms or maybe they're thrift store finds.  They could have been brand new, but given the cleanliness lacking in the TTH, they probably were ruined after one visit.

He's full of chunkiness like a chunky baby should be! The Giant White Baby lacks not only chunkiness, but Izzy has a pallor about him that seems more than just fair skin.

• Love 4
(edited)

Of course she has to mention his shoes came from the consignment shop.  

But that's just smuggette Jessa, reminding us she is so much wiser than the rest of us fools who squander money on new, clean shoes for our children's developing feet as they learn to take those first steps. Who cares if the arch supports have been mashed down by the previous wearer or if the soles have worn unevenly and cause Spur's ankles to align improperly? The next pair of used  shoes will probably have the reverse defect and the harm done by this pair will be corrected, so it doesn't matter.

The important thing is that Jessa saved $1.50 and has something to humblebrag about on her instagram. That is what really matters.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13

But that's just smuggette Jessa, reminding us she is so much wiser than the rest of us fools who squander money on new, clean shoes for our children's developing feet as they learn to take those first steps.

The same Jessa that doesn't own a car, house, and has never worked a job in her entire life, married to a man with no solid income. What a financial wizard.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Consignment stores here is are not necessarily cheap.

The good consignment stores near me aren't cheap, either. Most of the stuff there is name brand and still have the original tags. The Duggs frequent places that are a few notches about Goodwill. 

• Love 1

How much the shoes cost or what brand they are doesn't matter, just so long as they came from a second-hand store and give Jessa an excuse to remind us all she is a good little Duggarling who is buying used and saving the difference. Because the Duggars are all frugal like that.

Of course she isn't going to mention she is planning to take "the difference" and buy herself an overpriced coffee frappe at Starbucks. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

How much the shoes cost or what brand they are doesn't matter, just so long as they came from a second-hand store and give Jessa an excuse to remind us all she is a good little Duggarling who is buying used and saving the difference. Because the Duggars are all frugal like that.

Of course she isn't going to mention she is planning to take "the difference" and buy herself an overpriced coffee frappe at Starbucks. 

Not to mention they all have $600 to $800 iPhones. Yeah, they are so frugal, indeed!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Little is standing!  Buy used and save the difference?  Or maybe, toilet cleaning just doesn't bring in enough money for new shoes.

I'm guessing Ben dressed him since the hat is on backwards.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Little is standing!  Buy used and save the difference?  Or maybe, toilet cleaning just doesn't bring in enough money for new shoes.

Are those Ralph Lauren shoes?  It looks like the Polo emblem.  How very modest of them. 

• Love 5