Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Ben is a basic bitch in University/frat environments but that is so unlike the circles that the Duggars run in. No one looks like Ben at the slack-jaw yokel homeschool conventions. Ben is downright exotic to Jessa (and lustful Michelle). I'd fuck him as long as he kept his mouth shut.

Honestly, this is a hostile and angry post. Wow.

• Love 3

Why do the stupid Duggars think they are so special for getting pregnant?  Don't they realize that every person they have ever seen, see, or will see has come from a pregnant mother?  Why do they think they are the only ones in the world who can get pregnant?  It's because their stupid family was filmed for TV  through every stupid Michelle pregnancy.  They think they're like superheroes now for getting pregnant!  

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 13

If Fire and Binstone have 19 children I hope they are all spirited rebels when they grow up.  I hope they dance,  I hope they drink,  I hope they listen to whatever secular music they want,  I hope they sneak out of the house at night to go on secret dates, I hope they elope,  I hope they laugh sincerely, I hope they read different unapproved books, I hope they are happy and escape eventually.

• Love 12

If Fire and Binstone have 19 children I hope they are all spirited rebels when they grow up.  I hope they dance,  I hope they drink,  I hope they listen to whatever secular music they want,  I hope they sneak out of the house at night to go on secret dates, I hope they elope,  I hope they laugh sincerely, I hope they read different unapproved books, I hope they are happy and escape eventually.

Is it bad that I wish this for all Duggar grandkids? (and the littles)

• Love 4

If Fire and Binstone have 19 children I hope they are all spirited rebels when they grow up.  I hope they dance,  I hope they drink,  I hope they listen to whatever secular music they want,  I hope they sneak out of the house at night to go on secret dates, I hope they elope,  I hope they laugh sincerely, I hope they read different unapproved books, I hope they are happy and escape eventually.

Amen to this for all future Duggars. I also hope that Jessa's first dozen are boys.

• Love 7

If its true, There is no way to 'spin' this to get sympathy for Jessa.  To me it just sounds like "wah wah wah"

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-bittersweet-pregnancy-after-molestation-scandal

"It is now bittersweet, because it's not lost on [Jessa] that Jill giving birth to Israel got an entire TLC special devoted to it," a source who has worked closely with the family tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story.

...aaaaand, there you have it. Granted, "a source who has worked closely with the family" gets at least a teaspoon of salt with it, but judging from Jessa's Instagram obsession and baby-name thing (MAYBE IT'S TWINS Y'ALL! even though I already posted the ultrasound pic of the single fetus), that sounds about right.

• Love 5

Jessa's livelihood, a banal reality TV show, was killed by the revelation her brother had sexually assaulted her and some of her sisters. I find it incomprehensible that people are practically telling a victim "fuck you too" because she's wrongly or rightly accepted Josh's apology, or that she's from a "family of molesters". I can't fault her for how she feels (according to sources.).

• Love 1

"Life goes on, really. We're not a TV family. We're a family that just happened to be on TV." — Jessa Duggar

Julia beat me to it. How can it be bittersweet if being stars was never a big deal in the first place?

Jessa's livelihood, a banal reality TV show, was killed by the revelation her brother had sexually assaulted her and some of her sisters.

She's still making money off the people covers, southern woman's show, etc. The baby's exclusive pics will net a nice chunk of change too. But yeah, she's got a year, tops, to make whatever she can to last the rest of her life.

Every time these people get a chance to rise to the occasion, the sink to more venal depths.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
people are practically telling a victim "fuck you too" because she's wrongly or rightly accepted Josh's apology,

That's not why people are saying "fuck you" to Jessa. 

Granted, "a source who has worked closely with the family" gets at least a teaspoon of salt with it

Even with the questionable/anonymous source, I'm more inclined to believe it because the story is coming from People, and they're about as legit as these celebrity news magazines go. 

Now if it were the Daily Fail, OTOH... 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 9

I don't fault Jessa for how she reacted and processed the absolutely horrific thing that happened to her when she was a kid. I do, however, fault Jessa for going into overdrive with the aggressive, judgmental, "I'm too sexy for this size 2 t-shirt" Instagram crap as a reasonably intelligent adult. 

• Love 12

I don't fault Jessa for how she reacted and processed the absolutely horrific thing that happened to her when she was a kid. I do, however, fault Jessa for going into overdrive with the aggressive, judgmental, "I'm too sexy for this size 2 t-shirt" Instagram crap as a reasonably intelligent adult. 

"Looking sexy is bad, but you wanna screw me, right? Right?"

• Love 13

I just think Jessa's an asshole, period. She has an assholish personality. If she weren't an asshole about her fundie beliefs, she'd be off being an asshole about something else.

Could you imagine Jessa as a secular philosophy undergrad? Or a garden-variety sorority girl. Eesh. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 17

I can cut Jessa some slack on her clothes. 5 years ago all she really had to wear was polo shirts. I bet she was the driving force behind the "makeup reformation". Has she said anything lately about "whore wear"?

More exposure to the big bad world would only have helped her escape her fathers cultish clutches. Now the big bad work has harmed her, and the whole family is super hostile to it.

If its true, There is no way to 'spin' this to get sympathy for Jessa. To me it just sounds like "wah wah wah"

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-bittersweet-pregnancy-after-molestation-scandal

"Hello, Whine-one,one, what is your emergency? "

"This is Jessa Seewald, the hot one. I need a whambulance stat... I'm about to give birth to my precious blessing without my reality teevee show! Halp!!! How am I going to buy my cheap, drugstore makeup and Chick-Fil-A??!!"

"Ma'am, we've got a whambulance on the way, just stay on the line until they get there...."

• Love 19

Julia beat me to it. How can it be bittersweet if being stars was never a big deal in the first place?

She's still making money off the people covers, southern woman's show, etc. The baby's exclusive pics will net a nice chunk of change too. But yeah, she's got a year, tops, to make whatever she can to last the rest of her life.

Every time these people get a chance to rise to the occasion, the sink to more venal depths.

But Gothard women are absolutely not supposed to be the breadwinners in their marriages, right?

• Love 4

Jessa apparently is horrified at the thought of going off into obscurity and losing her TV star status.  What does she have to look forward to?  Cooking for Bin, having his kids?  Why isn't that enough for her?  She wants everyone else to think it's great but I guess it must really suck after all.

• Love 16

Jessa has no skills to do anything else. If she doesn't have TV, she has no way to make money. It's funny that the Duggars' think they should be rewarded with a TV show for covering up their son's unlawful behavior. Bin has no real skills to do anything but work for Boob. They're kinda screwed.

• Love 3

To whatever extent JB and M failed to completely mess up their kids, being on reality tv finished the job and stuck some icing, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. Seems to me her current feelings -- engendered by her tv "stardom" in our stupid age of instant, unearned celebrity -- set Jessa up for long-lasting frustration and disgruntlement. Unfortunate that her experiences clearly coincided with some natural tendencies to turn her into an entitled bitch.

• Love 15

Jessa has no skills to do anything else. If she doesn't have TV, she has no way to make money. It's funny that the Duggars' think they should be rewarded with a TV show for covering up their son's unlawful behavior. Bin has no real skills to do anything but work for Boob. They're kinda screwed.

I still say she'd make a pretty penny setting up some fundie hairstyling business for weddings. But it would require initiative, drive, and encouragement and she has none of those things.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5

Maybe People finally let's go? It's ok People, this relationship ran it's course months ago. There will be others.

Yeah. Ben and Jessa need them more than PEOPLE needs Ben and Jessa. You don't stay in business for however many decades PEOPLE has been around without being cutthroat, covering stories you know will get hits, and ending relationships if they need to be ended.

Stupid, stupid of them to cut off the last legit mouthpiece they had. I will never, ever believe that Jessa doesn't mind that the show has ended and that they are not a "reality" family. 

• Love 8

Waiting for BinSeewald's facebook rant on adultery....

Yeah come on Bin don't let us down. Damn the adulterers! Tell your wife to send them off to eternal hell!

I think an incredibly stupid rant on credit cards and "money lenders" is forthcoming.
  • Love 4

Admittedly I only skimmed, but was this a veiled diss at PEOPLE? If so, nice job slamming the door on the one source of income you had left. Maybe they're bitter at how extensively the magazine covered the molestation scandal.

Well, keep in mind that they appear to be an exceptionally dim young couple.

That said, he's a bitter young man with an impulse control problem and he thinks he's the future of God. He must not be too happy about his family being presented as, essentially, shallow fame whores with a suggestion that his wife is ambivalent about carrying his child if she can't use it to get in front of the cameras. Bet his wife isn't too thrilled about her big national moment in the sun being about how she lost her shot at being a B-list Jill neither.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

Catlyn, she poached from sermons of Spugeon. She at least credited him this time. She's quoted him in the past, but didn't cite her source. At least Ben taught her to do that.

Speaking of Ben, here he is, douche-lording it up, cankles and all.

https://instagram.com/p/6Xza3oDfqe/

Still flying business class. I wonder how long that will last?

https://instagram.com/p/6X6uSKjfpO/

I'm late to the party, but I think my favorite comment on this was, "Yess bitch, preach!" LMAO! If I had an Instagram account, I'd post that under all Ben's Insta-sermons.
  • Love 1

If Josh is back and at the bottom of the barrel he will probably get to be the one to clean all those toilets.  What does that mean for Ben?  And just how many young adults does Boob have to find work for?  He must have at least eight that are of employment age (since school ends at what, 14? 15?).  The only one who doesn't seem to have a hand out (to Jim Bob) is Jill.  And she's probably worried about what will become of her "fans" and missionary supporters.

• Love 1