Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Wow! Jessa moved things while Ben was at work? This girl deserves an f'ing gold star! Also, Jessa acting like she's done things in their marriage that'll be grounds for her to divorce Ben are laughable. If Anna can't divorce Josh (Because of Boob, and the cult)... There's no way in H-e- double hockey sticks that Daddy pleaser Jessa will ever divorce Bin. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Can someone post the video for those of us whom Jessa has blocked? I want to see how well she read her script. 

Its an IG story and I don't know how to copy those.

She showed the ingredients, showed the recipe card, said the reasons she like it - convenience, blah, blah blah and then showed the kids eating it.

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does she have a coffee maker for eleventy million in the corner there?

I think that’s the expensive water filter like Jinger has. Berkley (?), it’s obvious I’m a rube unfamiliar with the finer things in life.

I don’t know how to post the video but she hit all the points the dozens others did. But she’s Jessa Dugar, monotone, uninspiring, insincere. 

I’m sorry but going full on BEC. I just can’t see Jessa willingly cooking. I can buy Ben doing the cooking but that would shatter their gender role fabrication. I think boring Ben would do a better job.

Too lazy to look at the prices but a one time buy of four servings is not financially viable for most families. It’s why we cook Sunday through Thursday. SGirl and SBaba eat leftovers for lunch. Must be nice getting free food. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

I roll my eyes at talk of different "love languages" but with Jessa and Ben I think it's actually true. They just have totally different love languages. Jessa is a rather cold, unsentimental, practical person. She thought she was doing something cute/clever by moving all by herself. Ben however feels dominated and annoyed and stuff like moving all by herself just reinforces that pov. He probably is the type whose love language is gooey poems. He'll never get that with Jessa.

This appeared in an episode, I think. Jessa and MEchelle were out for coffee and Jessa was talking about all the things Ben did because they were romantic to him. As I recall, MEchelle essentially told her to suffer and keep sweet.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:45 AM, ozziemom said:

At first glance I took adult magazines as Playboy, lol.

So glad that wasn't just me.

On 9/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, lascuba said:

And I have a lot compassion for the girl with the personality at odds with her beliefs thinking she found someone who liked the way she is. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with this.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

j210rpjp1pn91.jpg

I need a warning before her huge head pops up on my screen!

57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its an IG story and I don't know how to copy those.

She showed the ingredients, showed the recipe card, said the reasons she like it - convenience, blah, blah blah and then showed the kids eating it.

Home Chef, I’m disappointed in you. I’m sure Redditors are already on it!

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does she have a coffee maker for eleventy million in the corner there?

I think it’s a water filter

FF75A57C-7FF3-46B6-8C0D-8196E62F8D75.jpeg

Sorry just noticed others already pegged it as a water filter, I recognized it because Audrey Roloff was just showing off theirs on IG yesterday.

they took it camping, dropped it and it was all dented 😂

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Totally said:

4 servings is the right amount for her family?

One full serving for Jessa and Ben each, the kids share the other two. Depending on the serving size is doable, depending on how much the kids eat. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4

It looks like the have two alarm systems. I wonder why. Also, this preacher's wife who is planning all these large gatherings, seems to have a rather tiny living area. A living area that looks a bit like a nice waiting room. At least there is a touch of color.

Looked again at the alarm panels. Looks like the codes are above the panel. Jessa might want to change them.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It looks like the have two alarm systems. I wonder why. Also, this preacher's wife who is planning all these large gatherings, seems to have a rather tiny living area. A living area that looks a bit like a nice waiting room. At least there is a touch of color.

Looked again at the alarm panels. Looks like the codes are above the panel. Jessa might want to change them.

They apparently live in a high crime area of Springdale. That might explain why her fence was torn up before they even moved in. 

• Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They apparently live in a high crime area of Springdale. That might explain why her fence was torn up before they even moved in. 

Huh. That might be why Jessa mentioned Ben opening the deadbolt when Fern would run to greet him.

So they downgraded neighborhoods?

• Mind Blown 1
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So the rational thing to do is not only move to that high crime area but also empty their savings renovating a house that it’s not even in their names. Bravo, Ben and Jessa, you have displayed as much common sense as Evan and Carlin. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 15
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh. That might be why Jessa mentioned Ben opening the deadbolt when Fern would run to greet him.

So they downgraded neighborhoods?

Kind of lateral, I think. They had the highway at the Mold House, but apparently some security with the new services going in across the street.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

So Jim Bob did not want to get them a decent house in a decent neighborhood…. Interesting!

Maybe that’s why Ben is so pissed! He thought he’d be living comfortably forever on Duggar $$$. Instead he can’t get a job that  pays enough to support 6 people.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I doubt the house is in a "dangerous" area. Since Jana had the incident with the wandering child, possibly the deadbolt is to keep the children from opening the door rather than keeping others out. Those kids never seem to play outside. if the door is locked, Jessa can pay even less attention to them.

They would probably have less need for a security system if they didn't post every damn thing about their homes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I doubt the house is in a "dangerous" area. Since Jana had the incident with the wandering child, possibly the deadbolt is to keep the children from opening the door rather than keeping others out. Those kids never seem to play outside. if the door is locked, Jessa can pay even less attention to them.

They would probably have less need for a security system if they didn't post every damn thing about their homes.

I don't think Jessa has ever mentioned the name of Ben's church, which is the easiest way to find out where they live. However, that news wasn't hard to find and was all over the internet before Jessa announced their intentions to move there.

As for it being a high crime area, I saw a map of Springdale with their street in the "red" zone. It's mostly property crime, but crime nonetheless.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Yeah I don't know that Springdale is really dangerous, but it does have a reputation as the scuzziest of the NWA cities. Personally I think there is probably some implicit anti-poverty bias in that assumption, as well as some latent racism, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does have a slightly higher crime rate than the neighboring towns that people also use to judge it by. 

That being said, I feel like NWA in general has gotten more violent than when I lived there several years ago. There is an uptick in violent crimes, including homicides, that are popping up on my local news apps. I've noticed it for a few years now, and I'm glad I left when I did. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

If I were Home Chef I wouldn't be thrilled with Jessa's promotion.  Whatever the kids are eating looks unappetizing.  

Jessa’s delivery is robotic and it comes across clearly she is doing the bare minimum to get free food, and couldn’t care less what she feeds her family. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

If I were Home Chef I wouldn't be thrilled with Jessa's promotion.  Whatever the kids are eating looks unappetizing.  

And Jessa’s food presentation doesn’t look too great either. Beige noodles ain’t a white, probably paper, bowl. And Henry looks a lot like Giddy in that one picture!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jessa’s delivery is robotic and it comes across clearly she is doing the bare minimum to get free food, and couldn’t care less what she feeds her family. 

I checked out the Nutrition Facts on the meal Jessa prepared… 1 serving is 1520 mg sodium

D0CFD158-D81A-49A5-B41D-4162D16B4C21.jpeg

B67151D3-ABFE-4769-BB16-02F99667D00A.jpeg

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2022 at 8:32 AM, ginger90 said:

I recall Jessa saying something about it appearing someone had been living  in their shed. Then came the boards on the fence being knocked off. 🤷🏼‍♀️

i missed the person maybe living in the shed.

JillRod would have not only met any person living in her shed, in five minutes she would have converted said person to her Jesus and set up a Gofundme with her running it and giving folks the option to send cash and checks for the person in the shed directly to her.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 16

Those nutrition facts - yikes that's a lot of sodium and cholesterol.  I didn't know that was stroganoff.  My mother used to make a wonderful beef stroganoff from scratch and it never looked like that glop.  Now I want beef stroganoff, but not that stuff.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Those nutrition facts - yikes that's a lot of sodium and cholesterol.  I didn't know that was stroganoff.  My mother used to make a wonderful beef stroganoff from scratch and it never looked like that glop.  Now I want beef stroganoff, but not that stuff.

The company, Home Chef, is calling that particular recipe stroganoff when it is in fact not a true stroganoff.  The recipe looks to be a mashup of a traditional stroganoff and fettuccine alfredo and is reliant of a premade cream sauce and whatever the hell mushroom seasoning is supposed to be.  

What kills me is stroganoff is an easy dish to make.  All you have to do is season and sear some meat, remove that from the pan, make a quick roux with the fat of your choice and some flour, add in some stock, cut off the heat, and add a generous glob of sour cream.  You can make it in roughly the same amount of time that it takes to cook your noodles.  If you do beef with mushrooms, you will need to add an extra 3 or 4 minutes to cook down your mushrooms before adding the stock.  The most tedious part of making stroganoff is cutting your meat and mushrooms.  It's not a sodium-heavy meal and you can control the amount of fat and cholesterol.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1