Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Has Jessa ever even acknowledged that Bin is a pastor now? Her father may not have bought them this house, but the church is giving it to them. She insists on continuing to lie and obfuscate instead of simply telling the truth.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Has Jessa ever even acknowledged that Bin is a pastor now? Her father may not have bought them this house, but the church is giving it to them. She insists on continuing to lie and obfuscate instead of simply telling the truth.

I think the only reason we know Ben is a pastor is due to Guinn posting at his ordination. Jessa has never said anything about what Ben does (or doesn't) do.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think the only reason we know Ben is a,pastor is due to Guinn posting at his ordination. Jessa has never said anything about what Ben does (or doesn't) do.

Some helpmeet she is. I thought fundie wives were spozed to support and glorify their husbands. Are there certain expectations in the IFB world about what a pastor's wife is supposed to do? Like, unpaid extra labor for the church? I can't imagine Jessa lifting a finger to help Bin in his pastoral role. 

• Love 10

Jessa and Ben are of two different religions. Jesse may not even attend Ben’s church. 

I keep thinking about the parsonage. JimBob and Jesse would never sink, time and money and labor into something that is not theirs.  

Heck maybe JimBob bought the property!

When a church is failing it can be sold. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jessa and Ben are of two different religions. Jesse may not even attend Ben’s church. 

I keep thinking about the parsonage. JimBob and Jesse would never sink, time and money and labor into something that is not theirs.  

Heck maybe JimBob bought the property!

When a church is failing it can be sold. 

Jessa and Ben are definitely of the same religion.  There is no way JB would allow a daughter to marry a non-Christian.  They were of varying denominations before marriage.  Ben seems to have slipped over to the Baptist side from Calvinist after Duggar exposure and his undergraduate studies.  The church he's pastoring is Immanuel Baptist.  

The house is a bit of a mystery and I'd like to think they wouldn't do such extensive work on a house they didn't own or have a mortgage on.  I can't imagine Jim Bob not telling them that isn't a good plan.  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I can't imagine Jim Bob not telling them that isn't a good plan.  

I've personally found that most people would rather let life bite them in the ass rather than accept good advice. I think Jessa, with her penchant for spiting the nose right off her face, is a good candidate for not listening to any advice she received advising her against it. It might be why she's being so pissy and defensive in the comments. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've personally found that most people would rather let life bite them in the ass rather than accept good advice. I think Jessa, with her penchant for spiting the nose right off her face, is a good candidate for not listening to any advice she received advising her against it. It might be why she's being so pissy and defensive in the comments. 

It's almost as if she's ashamed of her life and, by extension, Ben.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's almost as if she's ashamed of her life and, by extension, Ben.

I suspect she has a lot of jealousy and resentment. As far as she's concerned, she's been the most diligent Duggar daughter in following in her parents' footsteps, and what has it gotten her? 

I think Ben also massively resents her. I know I posted that screenshot of him glowering while eating Nutella mainly to be funny, but holy shit, if my significant other were looking at me like that, I'd feel like we needed to have a come-to-Jesus meeting. 

• Love 24

Consciously or unconsciously, Jessa may genuinely resent needing to save, scrimp, and crowd into a tiny house with four kids. 

Especially since there's a decent chance that, if not for her complete wasteful scum of her brother, she and her family could still be counting on getting at least some revenue from 19 Kids/Counting On. Money that, yes, presumably would have been doled out by Jim Bob to an increasing number of people, but still, money. And she presumably would have had more access to various speaking gigs and endorsements, and she and Ben might have been able to earn more YouTube revenue.

(I'm sure she earns something from that, but I'm also sure it's not enough to maintain a family of six people, however much she scrimps and saves.)

Add in that at least one younger sibling is rather obviously not scrimping and saving on anything, and I can see some resentment building.

Not sure that lashing out in social media is the best way to improve this situation, of course.

• Love 21

I'm still trying to absorb the idea that Jessa is a Preacher's Wife.  l just can't see her doing all of the things expected by those conservative church members.  Maybe her focus on breeding excuses her from managing potluck dinners and Bible school.

• Love 17

Jessa was a mean girl from a very young age. By the time she was 5 she was already terrorizing Jana. By the time she was a teen, she was terrorizing her younger siblings. And nobody is the boss of Jessa.

Jessa is defensive because she was born with the mean girl gene and because her childhood and adulthood lifestyles are targets for judgment. Mean girls don't like to be wrong or even thought to be wrong and they will dig their heels in even when they don't have to.

I think Jessa is proud to be a preacher's wife and she's actually defending Ben in some round about way when spouting about their finances.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, they've held a bible study at the Mold House on Friday nights for quite some time. I just can't envision Jessa as a hostess.

OMG I'm envisioning every Southern church lady of a certain age I ever met being a masterfully catty bitch about the birth couch the next day on the phone with her friends. 😂😂😂😂 "And that Jessa, well, bless her heart."

Maybe the church put out for the new accommodations simply because they just couldn't handle any more of the mold house themselves. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, they've held a bible study at the Mold House on Friday nights for quite some time. I just can't envision Jessa as a hostess.

It must be a very small study group if they’re holding it in that tiny house.

24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa was a mean girl from a very young age. By the time she was 5 she was already terrorizing Jana. By the time she was a teen, she was terrorizing her younger siblings. And nobody is the boss of Jessa.

Jessa is defensive because she was born with the mean girl gene and because her childhood and adulthood lifestyles are targets for judgment. Mean girls don't like to be wrong or even thought to be wrong and they will dig their heels in even when they don't have to.

I think Jessa is proud to be a preacher's wife and she's actually defending Ben in some round about way when spouting about their finances.

If Jessa is proud of Bin, why is still refusing to even acknowledge that he graduated and now has a job as a preacher?

• Love 13

Btw, if they’re moving from the mold house, we’re going to need a new thread title. 

Benessa & the kids:  Moving diaper mountain to a new house that they totally, probably, for sure, own. 

J/k—you guys are all way more creative. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It must be a very small study group if they’re holding it in that tiny house.

If Jessa is proud of Bin, why is still refusing to even acknowledge that he graduated and now has a job as a preacher?

We discussed this a while back. IMO, Jessa didn't post about the graduation, because Ben had a better chance of getting a job if he wasn't mentioned in tabloids with Josh (pre CSA even). She hasn't posted about his position for the same reason, to keep the church out of the headlines.

Jessa may have screwed the second one up if the house is on church property. The newest headlines will be Jessa Duggar Seewald Completes a Fixer-Upper. The story will mention the house, Ben, the church and then have paragraphs about Josh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We discussed this a while back. IMO, Jessa didn't post about the graduation, because Ben had a better chance of getting a job if he wasn't mentioned in tabloids with Josh (pre CSA even). She hasn't posted about his position for the same reason, to keep the church out of the headlines.

Jessa may have screwed the second one up if the house is on church property. The newest headlines will be Jessa Duggar Seewald Completes a Fixer-Upper. The story will mention the house, Ben, the church and then have paragraphs about Josh.

Is there any way forward for Jessa and her sibs WRT social media now and for awhile, that won't keep them bogged down by Josh's felony convictions for CSAM? I suppose there are smart PR/marketing pros who could advise them on how and what to post. Not that any Duggar would (a) pay for that advice or (b) take it.

I don't know the best way for Jessa et al to navigate the publicity waters that Josh has shat in. But it seems that Jessa's not doing a good job at all. She's bringing a chainsaw to a fine art woodcarving party. She gets coy and cute about "sharing," and then lashes out and thrashes around in replying to comments. 

Of course, there's the idea that any publicity at all is better than no publicity. And we've been filling a few pages here just now, discussing Jessa's house and her husband's so-called career and their religion(s). So in that sense she's a success. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Is there any way forward for Jessa and her sibs WRT social media now and for awhile, that won't keep them bogged down by Josh's felony convictions for CSAM? I suppose there are smart PR/marketing pros who could advise them on how and what to post. Not that any of them would (a) pay for that advice or (b) take it.

I don't know the best way for Jessa et al to navigate the publicity waters that Josh has shat in. But it seems that Jessa's not doing a good job at all. She's bringing a chainsaw to a fine art woodcarving party. She gets coy and cute about "sharing," and then lashes out and thrashes around in replying to comments. 

Of course, there's the idea that any publicity at all is better than no publicity. And we've been filling a few pages here just now, discussing Jessa's house and her husband's so-called career and their religion(s). So in that sense she's a success. 

Short of forgoing SM, I don't suppose there is a best way to avoid their tie to the Felon. Even 5 years after the first two scandals, tabloids were including him. The CSA charge and jail time will likely be around for a while.

I think you're right though, Jessa should just straight-up post and skip the bullshit. There's no need to play with timelines or hide pregnancies now.  There's no primary income of the show to keep going.

As far as twisting her words when responding to a post, she might want to ask Derick if the internet is forever. Jessa needs to call a sister and get some validation when a comment pisses her off and then move on.

• Love 16

Many published stories are just a rehash of their social media posts. I believe it will be a long time before the FF isn’t mentioned in the articles. It won’t matter what family members post about. People even bring him up in comments on their posts. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Now all over YouTube they are saying that Jessa is pregnant and that's why they had to buy a bigger house. Are they going to use Bunk beds for the kids? 

Jessa denied being pregnant in one of her screeds. Of course, she's the one who doesn't announce until baby is crowning. 🙄

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Now all over YouTube they are saying that Jessa is pregnant and that's why they had to buy a bigger house. Are they going to use Bunk beds for the kids? 

I was a dummy and clicked on one article.. Somewhat titled:

"Jessa Duggar(🙄) is getting a new house... and may be adding to her family!!!!!" 

Turns out they're thinking of getting a pet because they have a better yard in their new house   😬

I should have known it was clickbait 🙃😂

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Jessa built one set of bunks. Maybe Ivy and eventually Fern can have Jessa and Jinger's beds back from Jed and Jer. 😁🤣

• LOL 15

I'm still kind of surprised Jessa responded to the nay sayers about her house and finances.

She has been brought up to never respond.  Never engage.  So this is quite out of the ordinary for her.

Were her SM numbers dwindling and she needed to strike up the band?

If it's really not their home but a home belonging to the church why would she say anything?

Something just seems off and out of the ordinary about this whole firestorm.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not surprised by her reaction. On the show, early in her marriage, she acted uncomfortable in situations where she had to interact with strangers, outside her usual routine (and not as one of 19 kids being schlepped around in a mob by their parents). She came across to me as insecure and kind of brittle, somebody who would be large and in charge in her own domain but not kind and friendly to people outside of it. (Unlike Joy and Jill, as random examples, who seem capable of friendliness and courtesy in the presence of new people.) 

IMO her SM presence is an extension of that insecurity and brittleness. She has to have the last word and can't roll with the punches. She tries to control the narrative and is famous for dropping hints and misdirection and keeping things a secret to a silly degree. It became a running joke that when attention flagged, she'd grab some clicks by dropping hints that she and Bin were "thinking of adopting," or that when pregnant, "it might be TWINS . . ." Of course they have never adopted a kid and she's never had twins. She dragged out the naming of her first baby also to a silly degree, and IIRC may have done that again with the next one or two.

So most recently, she dribbles out video about a house they are remodeling, and drops defensive replies to comments, all the while being mysterious about who owns the house and how they got it although denying they were given it, yada yada. 

Typical Jessa behavior.

Honestly, it sounds like public SM accounts, where she will always get comments from strangers, may not be for her. But of course she’ll never understand that. 

• Love 9

Jessa does seems to believe she is very clever... one might also use the word sly.

She seems good when the narrative suits her. Vague booking and the fake #sayings of are her thing. Any small thing that interrupts her game and she quickly becomes defensive.  Surely she could have expected/anticipated questions about the new house and finances. She herself does not post about Bin having a job. Jordyn went on Jeremy's podcast or whatever and said Bin is their main teacher. Jessa seems to be home all day or at the TTH. even when the kids were opening christmas gifts she was just sitting there staring at her phone.  so people were going to ask.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

“ mommy, mommy! I want to live in a crawlspace!” #sayingsofspurgeon 

fwiw reddit is saying the house they purchased is listed as belonging to a Christian adoption agency.  Apparently it was used by one of the 16 and pregnant families and had a reputation for being very predatory. So basically they’re doing Reno on an old office. 

So really, maybe they did not get the house from boob. But definitely not totally above board either. 

I feel like there’s a “bring the (diaper) mountain to Mohammad “ pun that could be made for the new title, but I am too tired to find it. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

possibly the Christian services agency rented the space from the church at some point,  but the church has owned it for many years.

if you look up locations on the official site of the agency being mentioned, their website lists 1 location in AR and that is in Little Rock

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

There have been numerous Reddit thread speculating on how much income they make on social media.  Most of even the lowest reports seem to indicate that they should be making a level which would allow them to purchase a fixer-upper.  Did they or didn't they?  I guess it will come out eventually.  Aside from the private plane flying to go to various "work" events, which seem more like mini-vacations, I don't see any of the married Duggar kids living extravagent a la the Kardashians.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

“ mommy, mommy! I want to live in a crawlspace!” #sayingsofspurgeon 

fwiw reddit is saying the house they purchased is listed as belonging to a Christian adoption agency.  Apparently it was used by one of the 16 and pregnant families and had a reputation for being very predatory. So basically they’re doing Reno on an old office. 

So really, maybe they did not get the house from boob. But definitely not totally above board either. 

I feel like there’s a “bring the (diaper) mountain to Mohammad “ pun that could be made for the new title, but I am too tired to find it. 

Did they actually purchase the house though?

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I am pretty sure Jessa does read/is aware of snarker criticism. I think she really thought people would fawn over her for this move, both fans and snarkers alike. She's upgrading to a bigger house after being dunked on for years about her house and may even have thought it was a good pivot from all the recent bad headlines. But because she is so sheltered, she badly misjudged the questions people would inevitably have, as well as people's ability to fact-check her, so now she's being called out for her bullshit, rightfully. But if she thought she had a real PR win here, I can imagine that makes her even more salty in responding to all the criticism. 

I agree. I think Jesse thought this was going to be her moment and when it blew up in her face that’s when she became combative. 

Well said!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree. I think Jesse thought this was going to be her moment and when it blew up in her face that’s when she became combative. 

Well said!

Nah, Jessa always comes out seething and swinging for the fences from the git-go. She really thinks she's telling people what's what, but all she does is continue to dig yet a deeper hole for herself and her family. Jessa is defending Ben, yet she has never admitted that he graduated from a real college, let alone work at a job not provided by her daddy.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nah, Jessa always comes out seething and swinging for the fences from the git-go. She really thinks she's telling people what's what, but all she does is continue to dig yet a deeper hole for herself and her family. Jessa is defending Ben, yet she has never admitted that he graduated from a real college, let alone work at a job not provided by her daddy.

I think her default is aggressive and defensive, but even by her standards, she's been unusually dogged in arguing with people in the comments on this one. Or at least seems so to me. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think her default is aggressive and defensive, but even by her standards, she's been unusually dogged in arguing with people in the comments on this one. Or at least seems so to me. 

Definitely more engagement from her than usual in this latest instance. Usually, if she engages at all, it's just one of her "zingers," then she's out.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I am pretty sure Jessa does read/is aware of snarker criticism. I think she really thought people would fawn over her for this move, both fans and snarkers alike. She's upgrading to a bigger house after being dunked on for years about her house and may even have thought it was a good pivot from all the recent bad headlines. But because she is so sheltered, she badly misjudged the questions people would inevitably have, as well as people's ability to fact-check her, so now she's being called out for her bullshit, rightfully. But if she thought she had a real PR win here, I can imagine that makes her even more salty in responding to all the criticism. 

I agree. Jessa's making a lot of dumb moves these days. First by being vague about the house belonging to the church. Second, by dumping her savings into a home she doesn't own. It's not like they're painting and changing out cabinet knobs. They're doing a total gut job and adding on. I don't care what promises the church may have made, unless I have a piece of paper saying I own the place, I'm not doing expensive rehab. Jessa can't admit to the first without looking like a complete fool on the second. So she doubles down and lashes out. 

Of course dishrag Bin is nowhere to be found in all this. 

• Love 21

The videos of a very young Joy wrangling two toddlers is sad. I understand helping but Joy was parentified at such a young age. It makes me wonder why she comes across as not getting motherhood at times. I found it ironic that Jessa was combing a kid’s hair but can’t bother to do the same for her children. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Zella said:

Ben is a cowardly asshat, but if I were him, I'd sit this one out too. LOL 

Lulz! So true, I get it. Responding to Internet critics is a waste of time, it just seems like Bin never goes to bat for Jessa over anything. It would be nice for him to take his balls out of Jessa's coin purse and man up for once.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5