Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Maybe I missed it, but is there a reason some people call Spurgeon "Damien"? If it's a reference to literally the Antichrist that seems kinda mean for a perfectly sweet, happy kid, but maybe there's another explanation...

There are 2 saints named Damien recognized by the ebil Catholic church. 6th century Damian (sp) was a martyr, 19th century Damien was a Belgian priest who tended to the lepers when they were quarantined on the island of Molokai. He lived among them, and eventually  contracted leprosy himself. (Read Mitchener's Hawaii) Then, the Omen came out the name took on a whole new connotation. We have a friend named Damien whose parents were very religious, and his mother had a special devotion to St. Damien.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, bythelake said:

There are 2 saints named Damien recognized by the ebil Catholic church. 6th century Damian (sp) was a martyr, 19th century Damien was a Belgian priest who tended to the lepers when they were quarantined on the island of Molokai. He lived among them, and eventually  contracted leprosy himself. (Read Mitchener's Hawaii) Then, the Omen came out the name took on a whole new connotation. We have a friend named Damien whose parents were very religious, and his mother had a special devotion to St. Damien.

I have a cousin Damien who was born on Halloween a few years before the movie came out. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

I'm not sure how this relates to Spurgeon, which is what my question was about. I could've googled all that...

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I know many find him cute, but he reminds me of Damian from the Omen. He looks like him and I find the kid a bit creepy. JMO.

I think he's cute but I don't find very many kids or especially babies cute at all so I can definitely relate to not seeing it! (In fact I'm kind of lost as to how Henry is now considered cute!) I just thought that if the Damien thing was indeed a demonic reference it seemed a little harsh since he isn't known to be a terror. There are definitely some kids on TV that would qualify but not poor Spurgeon who already has so much to overcome, such as his horrible actual name. 

• Love 3

I have never seen The Omen, or even The Exorcist (I thought they'd be too scary) but I do remember in Rosemary's Baby, the witches named the baby Adrien.

Weird how some names get a bad connotation.  The name Spurgeon though, has to be a oner as a first name.  I refer to him as S. Elliot.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

If Jessa had any common sense at all she'd stop with just Henry & Spurgeon. The four of them could grow up together and have a way happier life than Jessa had growing up.

I've said the same thing.  Common sense isn't common with this crowd, it seems!

• Love 3

We haven't seen Jessa in a while, and the last time I saw a decent picture of her (Joe's wedding after party), her face looked fuller than it had over the summer. 

Just sayin'....

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We haven't seen Jessa in a while, and the last time I saw a decent picture of her (Joe's wedding after party), her face looked fuller than it had over the summer. 

Just sayin'....

I hope you're wrong. I'm no fan of Jessa, but she seems to be a good mother and she, more than anyone else, knows how awful it is when a mother is overwhelmed and can't care for her children. Her husband has no job and no prospects, and the TLC gravy train is tenuous, at best. I hope that she and Ben will take Jeremy and Jinger as role models and start focusing on their own lives and their own family for now.

• Love 5

I hope I'm wrong, too, but Jessa's pregnancy with Henry was only outed because people recognized changes in her face. She did a pretty good job of hiding the bump and wearing baggy shirts. Sound familiar? We haven't seen a picture of her since Joe's wedding, where her face looked a bit fuller than it had all summer. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

I agree that their family size seems right for them for right now. I raised two boys close in age. Just enough for me. But she will dump them at the TTH or get a helper or two if she doesn't do that already and show us just the "propped" videos that put her in what she thinks is the best light so to speak. 

• Love 7

*Patting Sew on the back now if Jessa is pregnant. You were right!!*

I don't get the Damian thing, well, I do because of who they are. But, he seems happy and healthy, and happens to have curly hair. If a black rottweiler shows up though, I might worry.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she is already pregnant!  They may be waiting until their third anniversary date to make the announcement.  That would be next month.

I was going to say "God, I hope not," but really why do I bother? So many of us keep hoping that they will do something responsible or caring for the children they already have, like spacing out pregnancies, waiting until they have jobs, or even career paths, before they start pumping out babies, or really anything other than what the parents have done, but that's not who they are. They're all going to keep pumping out babies and dropping them into the mosh pit at the TTH until long after they're off the air and we're all good and sick of snarking about them. IT's all just so sad. 

• Love 18
On 10/14/2017 at 10:41 PM, cmr2014 said:

I was going to say "God, I hope not," but really why do I bother? So many of us keep hoping that they will do something responsible or caring for the children they already have, like spacing out pregnancies, waiting until they have jobs, or even career paths, before they start pumping out babies, or really anything other than what the parents have done, but that's not who they are. They're all going to keep pumping out babies and dropping them into the mosh pit at the TTH until long after they're off the air and we're all good and sick of snarking about them. IT's all just so sad. 

This is too true. It brings to mind when Erin (Bates) Paine laughingly answered the question of how many children she would have with "That's silly, how would we know?!"

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I have a son named Damien and he fits both the saint and the Omen?

Damian/Damien is actually a very nice name, and I've always liked it. Then again I think Lucifer is pretty as well, and kinda wish there was a way to get a decent nickname out of Mephistopheles, so what do I know?

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, cmr2014 said:

I hope you're wrong. I'm no fan of Jessa, but she seems to be a good mother and she, more than anyone else, knows how awful it is when a mother is overwhelmed and can't care for her children. Her husband has no job and no prospects, and the TLC gravy train is tenuous, at best. I hope that she and Ben will take Jeremy and Jinger as role models and start focusing on their own lives and their own family for now.

I don't know.  I think Jana and Jill know a lot better than Jessa.   They did the majority of the work and nurturing.  Jessa came along to hold children down and to do all of the packing.

• Love 6

I wonder how Jessa handles redirecting Spurgie. Spurgie looked intent on throwing leaves at Henry, and Jessa warned him not to make Henry the baby fall over. What would she do if Spurgie, also a baby, hauled off and pushed Henry over?

• Love 1

Hopefully Jessa will remember when she pushed one of her brothers, and then smirked at the camera as the kid hit the floor. That was during one of the specials, I don't think she was over ten years old. I could be wrong about the age because I do not have encyclopedic knowledge of their lives. Says the hypocrite posting on one of their forums.  ;)

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

Hopefully Jessa will remember when she pushed one of her brothers, and then smirked at the camera as the kid hit the floor. That was during one of the specials, I don't think she was over ten years old. I could be wrong about the age because I do not have encyclopedic knowledge of their lives. Says the hypocrite posting on one of their forums.  ;)

I forgot about that episode. I think, ironically, the kids were all reciting different sections of some character quality spiel, when one of the howlers came into camera range, and bam - out of camera range and on the floor.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Hopefully Jessa will remember when she pushed one of her brothers, and then smirked at the camera as the kid hit the floor. That was during one of the specials, I don't think she was over ten years old.

Is she seriously expected to remember every aspect of her childhood just because it was recorded? Especially something so minor as pushing a sibling? And then she must use that memory as part of her parenting style to keep from overreacting to Spurgeon's treatment of Henry? Do any of us translate how we treated our siblings as young children into productive lessons on how we deal with our own children's transgressions?  

From the small glimpses we're given of Jessa's life, she seems to be a very involved, loving parent. My one hope for her and Ben is that they do not have so many children that they end up overwhelmed and checked out.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 16

Per Jesse, this table hasn’t been dusted in 6 months. She’s stirring the shit with her latest post for sure. 

AFC920AC-A77C-48D6-8F4C-0F8A1032E390.jpeg

Filthy sheets that she admits to sleeping on for quite a while. Apparently it’s Henry’s spit up. 

B38A63A9-5CF2-4628-BAE2-49CE2E056DDB.jpeg

I can’t post the rest of the pics right now but they’re on her insta. So much for raising the womenfolk to be outstanding keepers of the home!

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Per Jesse, this table hasn’t been dusted in 6 months. She’s stirring the shit with her latest post for sure. 

Filthy sheets that she admits to sleeping on for quite a while. Apparently it’s Henry’s spit up. 

I can’t post the rest of the pics right now but they’re on her insta. So much for raising the womenfolk to be outstanding keepers of the home!

Dammit, Jana! Get your lazy ass over there and clean up Jessa’s house for her!

Or, did Jana finally go on strike?

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

They're just gross. Sorry, but plenty of women before her have had two children at home and managed to not live in filth -- and those women didn't have J'slaves for sisters and couldn't drop their kids off for their aunts to take care of whenever the mood hit them. 

• Love 12

Jessa’s need to keep the gravy train going knows no bounds. If the post was truly about relating how quickly time goes by with little ones I’d applaud her. This is another desperate attempt to distract from Derelict’s tweets, and the lawsuit.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, saylubee said:

What the everliving???  One of the pictures is a pile of dirty diapers (probably 10-15) on a dresser.  Say what????  Get a freaking diaper genie!

What in the everloving FUCK?

I couldn’t see that picture you described, but out of morbid curiosity...I’m gobsmacked.

2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jessa’s need to keep the gravy train going knows no bounds. If the post was truly about relating how quickly time goes by with little ones I’d applaud her. This is another desperate attempt to distract from Derelict’s tweets, and the lawsuit.

I’d agree with you, about how quickly time goes by with littles.  We’re not talking about a But, neither she nor her husband work other than their TeeVee show.  There’s no excuse for them to live like pigs in that kind of squalor.  They’re young, healthy, not disabled, lame, or sick. 

3 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Her house must smell like a garbage can. 

46F0D6EA-9572-4604-8450-0603EC339818.jpeg

Oh, my Jesus, I have no words! That’s fucking disgusting. Her house must smell like one giant dirty diaper.

• Love 22

Blessa is a raging bitch, y’all. Why post pics of your nasty ass house and get snippy when people point out she’s a gross slob? I have children 13 months apart, I get it. But I could find the time in six months to dust. No wonder Bin is constantly red eyed and wheezy. Maybe she’s trying to kill him, who knows. 

5CDE8565-C098-4B74-9AEB-D86E2A5F1471.jpeg

• Love 17

Yeah, your dinner is well-digested by now, lucky you. :D

eta: Went to the post and started reading comments from the beginning. Surprise! People are referring to people whose posts no longer exist! Blessa hasn't changed one bit. She IS an entitled, raging, something more than bitch. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Jessa Seewald (@jessaseewald) • Instagram photos and videos

Wtf Jessa! You don't work and have just 2 kids your house should be clean. I work full time/no kids but still manage to not live in a pig sty. 

• Love 20

You think it’s been six months since she cleaned her disgusting stove? I would die of embarrassment to have anyone see my house looking like this. My mama would rise up out of her grave and throat punch me if I bragged about this to millions of people. I bet they have roaches galore. 

4324397A-97DC-406F-A683-8236B5CBF01E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, your dinner is well-digested by now, lucky you. :D

I know, it’s like I live in the future!

• Love 9

Someone needs to ask her what Ben does all day. He can take a break from internet school for half an hour and fold some clothes while Jessa engages the kids in "imaginiative play" or "cuddles." Or diaper disposal. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jessa Seewald (@jessaseewald) • Instagram photos and videos

Wtf Jessa! You don't work and have just 2 kids your house should be clean. I work full time/no kids but still manage to not live in a pig sty. 

If she’s stay the fuck off of social media, maybe she could dust a table once in six months. 

• Love 22

Honestly, it would take me about an hour to clean all of this, the laundry maybe 2. I can't believe she can put the kids down for a nap for a few hours while she cleans. She sure is Michelle's daughter, alright. Bet she's thinking of a way to adopt a little girl to put to work.

And where tf is Bin!? Even my headship, who works all day, starts doing some housework when it starts to pile up. 

• Love 13

I had 3 kids under four, was nursing the youngest, had a husband who travelled a lot for work, no family close by, and my house never got to that level of disgusting filth.  Seriously, what is she trying to prove?  The pile of diapers?  How hard is it to throw them out?  The air intake vent would take 30 seconds to vacuum.  Sleeping in spit-up for days?  I have no words.  

And yes, my kids got plenty of cuddles, stories, and home cooked meals.

Her house is small.  Can she not find 30 minutes a day to clean?  

ETA: I have to wonder if this is some sort of passive-aggressive swipe at Erin Bates.  She is always posting pictures of her picture perfect house.  And she is expecting baby #3.

I understand messy houses and babies. I get that laundry doesn't always get folded. I also think that the kids and their needs come first.   But as parents we are responsible for our kids' health and safety and living in a pigsty is not conducive to that. 

No wonder Ben looks like he is suffering from allergies all the time.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

You think it’s been six months since she cleaned her disgusting stove? I would die of embarrassment to have anyone see my house looking like this. My mama would rise up out of her grave and throat punch me if I bragged about this to millions of people. I bet they have roaches galore. 

4324397A-97DC-406F-A683-8236B5CBF01E.jpeg

I know, it’s like I live in the future!

That's repulsive.  I grant I'm bad at housework which involves bending (bad back), which encompasses a lot of embarrassing things like bedmaking, dusting, mopping and vacuuming; but I certainly bend over to pick up spilled food, and I'm manic about cleaning the black stovetop. I can't even stand it to be streaked with soapsuds. 

• Love 3

Wow, what a marketing failure. She could have posted one picture and kept the same message of prioritizing the little moments with little kids. I do not understand why she posted 10.

What's the long game here? There's the Honest Toddler author and Scary Mommy blog who have made their brands on imperfect parenting, but Jessa doesn't seem to be going down that road. On the flip side, there is a whole slew of "homekeeping" websites, my favorite of which being Clean Mama, and Jessa has just burned any bridge to that road with this post.

Oh honey, oh sweetie, no.

I have two young kids, and my house is disgusting, but all diapers are in the trash, and I change my sheets weekly. Sleeping in spit up is beyond disgusting .

• Love 15