Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'll cut her a little slack here. There is a huge difference between holding a toddler that wants to see! Now down! Now up! This way! That way! Versus a tiny baby that just nestles into the crook of your arm.

Yeah, I agree. I think that the jury is still out on Jessa's overall approach. ... Michelle, on the other hand ... I don't see any room for further doubt there!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder when the last time Jessa held a pair of clippers in her hands before this was....when Buddy Justin was like 8? Talk about an FU Internetz!!!!111 moment. 

Are the Duggars trying to say that Jessa STILL has sister-mom obligations?  She 'still' gives some of the best haircuts! Once a sister-mom always a sister mom I suppose in Duggarland.

• Love 2

I wonder when the last time Jessa held a pair of clippers in her hands before this was....when Buddy Justin was like 8? Talk about an FU Internetz!!!!111 moment. 

There's a Justin? Seriously, you could plug in any "J" name and I would believe you.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

There's a Justin? Seriously, you could plug in any "J" name and I would believe you.

Justin and Jordyn were Jessa's "buddies".  Jed, Jason, Justin and Jordyn are the unknown or forgotten Duggars.  They seem to get little to no attention. 

• Love 3
On 8/30/2016 at 3:58 PM, Marigold said:

I think Jessa is uncomfortable with everyone that is not Gothard.  That's a lot of people!  

And that's exactly what her parents wanted.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, GeeGolly said:

I agree in that I too, would have thought Jill would have out-shined Jessa in motherhood. I feel that Jill is bored, overwhelmed and lonely. I think Jessa has a lot of help including her family as well as Ben changing all the diapers ... and I believe Jessa does a lot of her parenting with the show and social media in mind. If the cameras and fans were gone, IMHO, Jessa would be a very, very, very different mother.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:26 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Do you think Jill might be suffering from depression (either post partum or otherwise) that might effect how she interacts with Izzy? Living in Central America, away from her family, even if it's what her headship wants might not be the best thing for her emotionally. 

She knows how to care for Izzy physically, but emotionally she has changed. 

I absolutely think she has PPD, beginning with a traumatic birth experience, and moving far away from home into a totally different culture, where you don't speak the language... I actually feel bad for her. Also, I think that's why she's not pregnant again. I'll bet there's not a whole lot of sextyimes if she's feeling overwhelmed and depressed.

• Love 4

I wonder where they ended up watching the Arkansas game today? Jessa is wearing the same shirt as in the "Zero fucks, I'm taking a selfie" van pic on either the Duggalos or Dullards thread, so both were taken today. That said, I think Ben probably took this one at the house before they were all loaded into that van to go....somewhere (looks like the couch they have by the front door). I honestly don't know what time AR played today, although I did see they were on one of the ESPN channels at some point today. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
2 hours ago, drafan said:

I hope she slipped with those clippers and cut off at least half of that mane of hers.

Is that pic current? Who is that kid? And where is her Trophy Belly?

Jessa is cutting an Mkid's hair.  I think Michael.

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder where they ended up watching the Arkansas game today? Jessa is wearing the same shirt as in the "Zero fucks, I'm taking a selfie" van pic on either the Duggalos or Dullards thread, so both were taken today. That said, I think Ben probably took this one at the house before they were all loaded into that van to go....somewhere (looks like the couch they have by the front door). I honestly don't know what time AR played today, although I did see they were on one of the ESPN channels at some point today. 

It's interesting that tv football is ok to watch.  There is defrauding right and left.  Tight football pants, cheerleader uniforms, women dressed immodestly and front hugs when the outcome is favorable.  Don't get me started on the commercials!!  

Off to the prayer closet with the lot of them.  Including the baby. You're never too young to be defrauded.'

• Love 11

Oh lord, Arkansas played TCU on the road,  which I think is Dallas-ish? It was a sort of late day start, but that would explain the van. But WHY??? There's no rivalry. Dallas is nowhere near Laredo. I'm sure that they will make it a "middle point" in this wedding plot, despite the fact that Jeremy went to college in upstate New York. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2016 at 7:52 AM, Rabbittron said:

I  used to live there and I will even pay for them to go to bingo just to see their faces.

I'm going to Rainbow Bingo (same thing) next Friday night.

I would pay to see the look on Kim Jong Boob's face if he ever met up with one of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 4

Jessa's smile looks sincere, unlike Jill with the shocked raised eyebrow smile.  It's a nice picture.  I really think Jessa loves being with Spurgeon and seems sincere even if she hates most of us.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Sorry but the best stage of a kid's life is toddler through 1st grade you see what they see through their  eyes and you learn a lot.

I think every stage has it's unique joys and struggles.  Personally I loved the 8-11 stage!  But I miss all of the stages.  So many memories.  In the toddler/young child you really have to watch them constantly and you get very little downtime.  When they get a little older they entertain themselves more and there are times when you can have a half hour to yourself every now and then.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lifted from Jessa's list of Christian "super-heroes" in her birthday tribute to Mechelle, I think I have found the name of their next son: 

I hope they go with Judson and not Adonirum. I think the Bates have a Judson.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I can't help thinking about Jessa's LONG, ENDLESS birthday greeting to her mom.  Every utterance is strife with religious oddity. She could publish that in a book of poems and name it, "Ode To My Mostest Godliest Mother".

And Michelle probably took one look at it and concluded, "tl;dr".

• Love 10

In the haircut picture, Jessa's shirt has writing on it, and all I can make out are the words "Keep" and "Fun."  I can't help wondering if it reads, "Keep the Fun in Fundie."

Also, as far as children's fun stages go, 16 is not one of them.  Just sayin'.

Edited by laurakaye
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

In the haircut picture, Jessa's shirt has writing on it, and all I can make out are the words "Keep" and "Fun."  I can't help wondering if it reads, "Keep the Fun in Fundie."

Also, as far as children's fun stages go, 16 is not one of them.  Just sayin'.:)

If I blow it up it seems to say Keep Fayetteville Fun...something. More letters blocked by her arm. Funny? Fundie? Fungus? Funded? Funky? Funereal? Anyone's guess.

11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

If I blow it up it seems to say Keep Fayetteville Fun...something. More letters blocked by her arm. Funny? Fundie? Fungus? Funded? Funky? Funereal? Anyone's guess.

Pretty sure it's a "Keep Fayetteville Funky" shirt. I lived there a couple of years ago, and they're very popular in the area. I think it's supposed to encourage support for local businesses. 

It cracks me up that any Duggar would have anything pro-Fayetteville because the city is pretty proud of its reputation as a quirky, liberal college town. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Grandma's Mold House (yes, she's the owner, not Boob) is in Fayetteville. If there's an adjective I could use to describe Jessa, it's definitely not "funky," which is implied by wearing that shirt; she apparently thinks she's part of that vibe. LMAO

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure Grandma's Mold House (yes, she's the owner, not Boob) is in Fayetteville. If there's an adjective I could use to describe Jessa, it's definitely not "funky," which is implied by wearing that shirt; she apparently thinks she's part of that vibe. LMAO

I would really loved to have seen them in Fayetteville when I lived there because I think it would have been hilarious to watch them out of their element. Honestly, Fayetteville kind of got on my nerves because it is a hipster's paradise, but I would have enjoyed seeing Duggars interact with said hipsters. 

• Love 1

Well, their favorite restaurant, Tacos 4 Life, is in Fayetteville. But I imagine that's a big hangout for the fundie crowd. I think they manage to work on the fringes of town with businesses whose beliefs align with theirs like the taco place, Mama Carmen's coffee, and Sam's furniture. They've pimped out all three on the show, although Sam's was less obvious. I think they were just shown in the store looking for cribs or something (it was a while ago). I'm not sure whether they showed the store sign or not, but Instagram confirmed that they filmed there. 

eta: Sam's is in Springdale, but Mama Carmen's is in Fayetteville, so Benessa spend a lot of time in town when they're not hanging out on the Compound. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, their favorite restaurant, Tacos 4 Life, is in Fayetteville. But I imagine that's a big hangout for the fundie crowd. I think they manage to work on the fringes of town with businesses whose beliefs align with theirs like the taco place, Mama Carmen's coffee, and Sam's furniture. They've pimped out all three on the show, although Sam's was less obvious. I think they were just shown in the store looking for cribs or something (it was a while ago). I'm not sure whether they showed the store sign or not, but Instagram confirmed that they filmed there. 

eta: Sam's is in Springdale, but Mama Carmen's is in Fayetteville, so Benessa spend a lot of time in town when they're not hanging out on the Compound. 

Interesting! I didn't get out much when I lived there--I'm kind of an antisocial introverted hermit--so the other businesses aren't familiar to me, but I do know Sam's because they have some of the most insufferable local commercials I have ever seen. {Mainly just obnoxious spokesmen who have become even more obnoxious as time goes on.) I've lived in the NWA area most of my life, and I militantly refuse to shop there because I don't want to fund any of those damn commercials. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

The garage was probably built after the dtiveway and car port.

As far as Jessa being "funky" the dust bunnies in her house sure were.

Probably, but it's a garage with no driveway. They should have built a shed or paved a split off the original driveway. But it is the Duggars and they does things different.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Probably, but it's a garage with no driveway. They should have built a shed or paved a split off the original driveway. But it is the Duggars and they does things different.

Perfectly executed! SOTDRT grammar rocks! Bravo!

• Love 3